Is smoking against god?

I don't know if the question's answered yet, because I don't really feel like reading through 11 pages (yeah, I'm lazy today sorry lol) but I do think it is against God.

There's one simple reason: You are destroying God's work. God made us and if he wanted us to have nicotine and that black stuff in our bodies and lungs, he would've given us all these things, but it isn't in our bodies when we're born. And I also think He doesn't want you to die younger, because of some addiction.

If it helps, it's also very bad for the global warming, did you know that? Not just cars and industries cause global warming, also people who smoke!!!

This is unbelievable to read so many are smoking and fooling themselves that it is ok because they are addicted.
You need to re new your mind and body to align it with the word of God. Seek wise counsel and re focus. If you are focussed on a thing (anything) that's where you'll go so put your eyes on the Lord and feed on the word.
1 Thessalonians 5:23,23
... May your whole spirit, soul and body be preserved blamless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ...
1 Corinthians 9:v27
But I discipline my body and bring it into submission, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
There are so many more verses in the word about your health. 3 John v2
But the only way you can do it is to surrender it to the cross and go one hour at a time, so God Bless you all in getting your health and body in allignment with the word of God. God loves you and is always at your side, just lean on him when things are tough but saturate your self with the word so you have something else on your mind.

As a former smoker, I do believe that it can have a horrible impact on one's overall health. It is amazingly addicting too. However, I seriously doubt that smoking will disqualify you in your salvation.

Well, the Bible tells us not to let our bodies be mastered by anything, and tobacco is very addictive and damaging to your health. So, yes, it is a sin.

But I smoke, I'm a heavy smoker. Nasty terrible habit. But it is no less forgivable than any other sin.

I don't want to sound like a hypocrite. But smoking is a sin, in my opinion. It damages your body, and the Holy Spirit lives in us, therefore our bodies are a temple. We should honor our bodies for that reason.

This of course is my opinion. Everyone will have their own.

I don't smoke, but I 100% agree with this opinion. Our bodies are our temples...filling them with poisonous fumes isn't exactly treating them well.

Sin or not, smoking is not like chewing bubble gum. It is not only dangerous to you but to the people around you. Second-hand smoke is like eating food laced with arsenic - it harms everyone it is around, especially in close-quarters such as office buildings, apartments, and other places with poor circulation.

I think I may have just come up with a simple answer to this question.

Guilt is a God-given gift to tell us when we're wrong. I believe He uses it to help us with the sins that are not so clear.

I felt guilty when I illegally downloaded music off the internet.
I felt guilty when I left work at 4:55 and signed out for 5:00
I felt guilty when I called out of work sick when I was perfectly healthy.

Do you feel guilty when you smoke a cigarette?

I would say so-our bodies being God's Temple and all-but my husband has COPD-a breathing disorder-from second hand smoke and he never smoked-but the people in his workplace did-so you are not just hurting yourself.

Well, cigarettes are extremely harmful to your body. They are also addictive, can take control your life and drain you of your money that God has entrusted to you as His Setward. . If you are a genuine Born Again Christian, your body is a temple ( dwelling place) of the Holy Spirit. As such, anything we pour, shoot,or inale into that temple can defile that temple. I pray that you will stop smoking. Seek to honour God, listen to His voice and obey Him.

Pastor Glenn

Smoking....never done it.....thankfully.....

Yes, smoking is a sin,but so is 'over eating', 'judging', gossip,over dosing on prescription drugs, 'etc.'

God looks at all sin as they same,but some have greater consquences....

What is sooo sad to me is that these companies that sale tobacco has made the drug soooo addicting....

To make a profit,and keep their customers coming back....

No, I don't 'like' smoking,but I will never judge someone who smokes....

I feel sorry that one is trap in such an addiction...

My addiction is probably 'over eating' or 'eating the wrong foods',but I'm not fat yet.

Thank the Lord...

The body is a temple, God granted it to us, and he wants us to honor it. i struggle w/ honoring my temple sometimes too, my issue is junk food though and stress eating. I'm trying to work it out, with prayer and trying to figure out another way to deal with stress other than food, maybe ask yourself why are you smoking is it an emotional issue? is smoking dominating your life to the point that it is intervening w/ your relationship with God, if the answer is yes, then smoking needs to be let go.

Hi all!

For almost a year now I've been smoking cigarettes in my car and out with friends. I don't drink or do any drugs, and i'm old enough now to buy them at the store.

I know its bad for me but i just wanted to know if it was against god or not.

newprtgurl88 I use to smoke big time and them I got prayer at my church. Laying on of hands and praise the Lord I have not smoked for 4 years or more. Prayer is powerful and there is nothing to big for our God.... Remember God loves us just how we are and he is the one who can make changes in our life's we must wait and truth Him .....love Jane

To smoke or not to smoke that is the question.

As a boy I hated the smell of cigarettes and way back then it was permitted to smoke nearly everywhere.

Then when I entered college I felt an overwhelming urge to try a cigarette. I did and really enjoyed it. There was no peer pressure to begin and as a good baptist boy I indulged my guilty pleasure occasionally and in secret.

Over the years I have had a love/hate relationship with smoking- Usually I enjoy a smoke but sometime feel guily for doing so. There is also the condemnation of judgemental Christians.

It goes without say that smoking is not healthy yet in other cultures it is acceptable for a Christian to do so.

I don't think that smoking makes you any less of a Christian per se. I know the leader of a prayer and healing ministry that smokes and once I dated a fine Christian girl that smoked. I am encouraged by committed young christians that are confident about smoking in public and I see that as progress rather than backsliding.

For me smoking is a personal choice. God has given us free will. We all make good and bad choices every day. Smoking is a bad choice in light of the cost and health risks involved but then those who have not wasted money or made bad choices in relation to their health should throw the first stone

Living with a Dad that smoked for his whole life, I had to be a victim. Cigarettes turned him in a mean a bitter guy towards me (so just FYI. Cigarettes can make people more irrtable!). But do I think that it's against God? Yes and no. I believe that if you regularly smoke cigarettes, it's against God's will. Because our bodies is a temple. There are many ways that can ruin our bodies (not just with smoking!):

• Overeating (maybe out of boredom, loneliness, etc.)
  • Drinking excessively
  • Smoking excessively

Lol, funny how things change.
When I was a kid way out in the country, after church, all the men would gather in the back porch area and smoke and talk about their crops or cattle or fields or the weather... everyone smoked and thought nothing of it. It wasn't sin then. There certainly is no "thou shalt not smoke" in the Bible. Something will kill us someday, it hardly matters what. The sooner the better anyway to be with the Lord lol.
It isn't a sin unless you think it is a sin and do it anyway. Only then could it possibly be a sin because you are crossing your own conscience up. I don't smoke, but I wouldn't accuse someone of sin who does, and Jesus certainly doesn't judge anyone for it!
:)

1) Your body is a temple of the holy spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:19 says:

“. . . Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?â€

2) Smoking is a bondage.
God doesn't like bondage.

Exodus 6:6 says:

"Therefore say to the children of Israel: ‘I am the LORD; I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, I will rescue you from their bondage, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments."

I have to agree with this post.

Smoking = bondage.

Bondage = not pleasing to God.

Is smoking against god?

Hi all!

For almost a year now I've been smoking cigarettes in my car and out with friends. I don't drink or do any drugs, and i'm old enough now to buy them at the store.

I know its bad for me but i just wanted to know if it was against god or not.

thanks

My own opinion is that our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and lips are praising God
Ultimately we are belongs to Christ in other words all our body spirit and soul belongs to Holy God
Now you judge what is wrong and right my brother
Jagan

Why does God refuse to help some of us with our addictions?
Why are some of us bound to things we ourselves do not want to do?

Back