Is This the Essence of Denominationalism?

Is women preachers a doctrinal issue? You bet it is!
see this has been going on for years many denoms say no . many say yes some start there own church . i have a lady friend i grew up around lives many miles from me. she is woman preacher i dont argue the fact due to friendship.

i will say this if the woman is not to preach ..then men need step up to the plate.. there is a lack of pastorship in our area . although some Churches want a hand picked pastor instead of one sent .

so there is more problems than just women preachers SBC is on a train wreck. if they dont get back to the basics . men like Adrian Rogers preached the word. my biggest objection sbc they got into politics... then the org went political .the general Baptist not sure what they focus on. even though i am part of it.. but they dont know me .

the UMC is splitting due to same sex marriage , the Church needs oil and cough drops for the laryngitis of no longer speaking out..

liberalism is creeping in

what does that do with divorce and preaching ?
I asked, "Do you really think pointing out women pastors is nit-picking?
You responded with "do you think it does any good? they been around for many years. yet they still happen"
My response?... "Yes apostasy still happens."

Then you added, ".. do you think a man can be divorced and still pastor ? husband of one wife"

I took that as a red herring, a deflection of my response "Yes apostasy still happens."

I took that as a red herring, a deflection of my response
are you a skeptic ? i simply asked another doctrine question husband of one wife . which most interrupt as no man can not be divorced and preach.. since its a red herring ignore it .

or is this a discussion that gets closed to? goodness so women preachers are apostates ? in the gen baptist assoc/presbytery we dont ordain women. .Pentecostals Methodist along with few non denom ordains . i hope this don't turn into catfish

see this has been going on for years many denoms say no . many say yes some start there own church . i have a lady friend i grew up around lives many miles from me. she is woman preacher i dont argue the fact due to friendship.

i will say this if the woman is not to preach ..then men need step up to the plate.. there is a lack of pastorship in our area . although some Churches want a hand picked pastor instead of one sent .

so there is more problems than just women preachers SBC is on a train wreck. if they dont get back to the basics . men like Adrian Rogers preached the word. my biggest objection sbc they got into politics... then the org went political .the general Baptist not sure what they focus on. even though i am part of it.. but they dont know me .

the UMC is splitting due to same sex marriage , the Church needs oil and cough drops for the laryngitis of no longer speaking out..

liberalism is creeping in

So, are you saying that a man not walking up there to push her out of the way is justification for her being there?

Just trying to get a grasp upon your thoughts on this.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Like Paul, I see all others as noble who search the scriptures with the realization that doctrine AND practice are important, and that compromises for ANY reasoning is nothing but an open invitation to even more grievous departures from the absolute truth of God's word. However long some topical debate has been ongoing has no bearing upon the importance nor the truth of the matter as established by scripture. The word of God is absolute, and if I dare excuse sin on the basis of expediency or the lack in others, then I may as well walk away and join the buddhists.

MM

So, are you saying that a man not walking up there to push her out of the way is justification for her being there?

Just trying to get a grasp upon your thoughts on this.
i am saying Men need step up to the plate take the call !!!! if you want to go to a church where a woman is preaching and run her off be my guest

The word of God is absolute,

easy i never said it was not

if I dare excuse sin on the basis of expediency or the lack in others, then I may as well walk away and join the buddhists.

ok so tell me the solution to keeping women from preaching? return back to the stone age grab them by the hair drag them out? the lady i told you about a church' i was pastor at ..i had her do my mothers day service.. ya know she never preached just honored mothers with song.

At and before the 1st century, polygamy was fairly common, even among "God's people", though it was probably never multiple husbands. It was never God's preferance, but the taking of multiple wives as well as concubines occurred.

A man who wants more than one help-mate is unlikely to have the wisdom to lead others.
its another one of the doctrines that can create strife. much like women i know a preacher will not listen a women s.s teacher

i am saying Men need step up to the plate take the call !!!!
That hits the nail squarely on the head! It is Men who need to step up and heed the call, men who should be leading their household to the Lord. The problem is that men are not leading but are weak and wanting others to do it for them. God wants us, all of us, 100% of us, we are to be about HIS work. Truly this is a problem with many men today.

F61, the point was navigated toward throughout that message. It has to do with more than just women "pastors," which the Bible clearly does not support nor endorse...and actually forbids if their definition of that terminology is at the level of how it is defined within the Bible...

The point is how any allowance for the door of compromise is ever opened, even just a sliver, that it's much easier for the avalanche of other immoral, perverse corruptions to gain a foothold. The "turning away" is taking place right before our eyes.

Now, don't get me wrong. We are living in exciting times to see prophecies being fulfilled right here and now. Things are moving toward the culmination of all things in this world, and its ultimate judgement. What I bemoan is so many souls falling into the deceptions of the enemy, and the continued disbelief of Israel in Christ Jesus. They are going to suffer the annihilation of an entire two-thirds of all their population before they are finally pulled out of the fire (so to speak).

I am with the Lord on the fact that it's sad to anyone perishes, given that the Lord takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked.

Does that clarify? I was not nit-picking in any way given that women pastors can be and is a serious breach of biblical truths. It's multi-faceted, and dare one not be prepared to address them all, such is not an effective witness for Christ.

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Is women preachers a doctrinal issue? You bet it is!

MM

Allow me to slip in here and agree with you MM.

Women pastors ARE NOT allowed according to the Word of God. Any woman who is called a Pastor is in rebellion against God!

That is Bible doctrine 101!!!!!!!!!

That hits the nail squarely on the head! It is Men who need to step up and heed the call, men who should be leading their household to the Lord. The problem is that men are not leading but are weak and wanting others to do it for them. God wants us, all of us, 100% of us, we are to be about HIS work. Truly this is a problem with many men today.

Agree 100%.

its another one of the doctrines that can create strife. much like women i know a preacher will not listen a women s.s teacher

That is because women are not to teach men the Word of God brother.

1 Tim. 1:11-12
"A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. 12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet".

I fully agree that husbands and fathers need to function as the priests over their families and homes, and many are not doing so...leaving it to the hirelings and SS teachers, most of whom are not doing a good job as proxies.

There is a large denomination grouping and facility up the road from me here, which employs a woman for their "senior pastor." To them, that's being "progressive." Institutionalized religion does indeed practice many things that are contrary to scripture. Almost ALL of them do by stealing the birthright and heritage of believers to actually function toward one another in the main gathering. They parrot such things as "We must maintain order..." etc. That is an exercise in futility to label any and all other expressions as disorderly in order to justify holding believers in 'chains.'

So, every instance where the authority of scripture takes a back seat to expediency and long-standing tradition, those are things that are outside the merits and authority of scripture. That doesn't necessarily mean they are anti-scriptural, just more man-made rather than God-breathed.

MM

are you a skeptic ? i simply asked another doctrine question husband of one wife . which most interrupt as no man can not be divorced and preach.. since its a red herring ignore it .

or is this a discussion that gets closed to? goodness so women preachers are apostates ? in the gen baptist assoc/presbytery we dont ordain women. .Pentecostals Methodist along with few non denom ordains . i hope this don't turn into catfish

Lets keep it 100% Biblical then we wont have any fish in the boat. The real time, Bible answer is YES!

I am not a skeptic! I am a Bible teacher and believer. 1 Timothy 2"11-12..........
"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."

1 Corth. 14:32-34...............
" Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

This passage cannot be saying women must not be permitted to play any speaking role in the church at all, for in the larger context of this letter to the Corinthian church, we read in 1 Corinthians 11 that women were, in fact, praying and singing when the church was coming together.

For 2000 years, the Church understood their roles and responsibilities in regard to women teaching and exercising authority over men, and it wasn’t until the militant feminist movement of the 1960s that caused people to seriously question the boundaries of God—even among conservative evangelical circles. We then began to cower down to the demands of certain women and some churches ordained women pastors.

Are they Apostates.....Rebellion is a better word I think! That is in fact what the Feminist Movement is all about!

I fully agree that husbands and fathers need to function as the priests over their families and homes, and many are not doing so...leaving it to the hirelings and SS teachers, most of whom are not doing a good job as proxies.

There is a large denomination grouping and facility up the road from me here, which employs a woman for their "senior pastor." To them, that's being "progressive." Institutionalized religion does indeed practice many things that are contrary to scripture. Almost ALL of them do by stealing the birthright and heritage of believers to actually function toward one another in the main gathering. They parrot such things as "We must maintain order..." etc. That is an exercise in futility to label any and all other expressions as disorderly in order to justify holding believers in 'chains.'

So, every instance where the authority of scripture takes a back seat to expediency and long-standing tradition, those are things that are outside the merits and authority of scripture. That doesn't necessarily mean they are anti-scriptural, just more man-made rather than God-breathed.

MM
I love you like a brother.........brother, but I disagree. I do think that women Pastors and churches that condon them are ANTI-SCRIPTURAL!

There are many things that The Bible tells us that I do not like. But what I like or do not like is never the issue. If we start selecting the parts we like and don’t like, where is the credibility of any of it?

But that is just me.........I still love ya!

Back