Is This the Essence of Denominationalism?

Is there something about "pastor" that you don't understand?
what part of male or female praying is it you dont understand? i am not in this a s pro female preachers.. i let God sort that out. in the mean time men should wear the pants and do the job they was called to do

God has used women in the O.T. Miriam said that God spoke to her and Aaron as well as Moses, no one argued otherwise to suggest she was making it up. Deborah was a prophetess that stood with Barak as a judge. I think Paul was trying to get the men to "MAN-UP" and lead the church. In truth both sides of this debate can be argued from scripture to prove each point. It was Joseph who claimed the body of Jesus, but it was the women who found the empty tomb.
there is NO doubt God uses women .they can have a ministry .just not leader of the Church. if it wasnt for the work of the women in the Local Church. nothing would get done/ how many men want to nursery ? how about grades K-3rd grade

I'm sorry but I cannot take you seriously.
dont feel bad many have hard time taking you seriously ..

"Wear the pants"??? Where is that in the Bible? What part of "neither male nor female in Christ Jesus" do you not understand?

Praying is just part of what Christians do, but the emphasis of this discussion is whether women can teach and pastor others in the body of Christ. I see no reason taht they can't, as it's only extreme physical tasks that (most) women can't do as well as men. Mental and spiritual tasks are within reach of all regardless of gender.

wear the pants====BE the leader they are supposed to be

The SBC is not the body of Christ. It is a single denomination only.

umm they are part of the Body of Christ what do you think makes up a denomination ==== let me help you they call them Christians . Granted God dont see them as sbc but as a Child of the king. just like any other denom.. but i am backing out of this as it is turning Hostile and defensive

23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

This is talking about salvation through grace, not about who can hold what position. We must look at the scripture around 3:28 in order to be able to see rightly. It is saying that all who accept Jesus and the gift of salvation are saved and given the same promise. It does not say that men and women are equal in authority within the church. If men would step up and lead as they should, we would not have this conversation.

most all Baptist that i am aware of Dont i figure some place there is but not the ones i am aware of
Just to clear up a point:

Female Baptist Ministry.

I am neither advocating nor denouncing, just saying that this exists.

I also note that an Independent Baptist preacher at a church I was visiting denounced them for this and ascribed some unfortunate occurrences as "The Judgement of God against them".

I would also note that the same church was then undergoing great trials as several key members had recently died unexpectedly, and other members were having problems with chemical misuse, both causing leadership turmoil at that congregation. The same preacher did not see this as God's Judgement on his congregation, but attacks by the Devil.

When bad things happen to your congregation it is called an attack by the Devil. When bad things happen to a church across a theological divide, it is the Judgement of God. Unassailable logic?

Please note:

Rule 3.2 Members may not post inflammatory remarks simply for the purpose of evoking reaction or starting fights with other Members, or promote a spirit of divisiveness in the community. Such posts will be deleted and the Member warned or banned. If you are responded to in an angry manner, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.

I am neither advocating nor denouncing, just saying that this exists.

I also note that an Independent Baptist preacher at a church I was visiting denounced them for this and ascribed some unfortunate occurrences as "The Judgement of God against them".
possible its hard to say sometimes things happen sometime God trims the vine/prunes . independent Baptist are pretty hard core .there women have no say in the Church voting or any thing else . as for me I'm not a big fan of them. they are %100 anti Joyce Meyers

Staff Note - A fairly new member, who has been Reported by several CFS members, has been removed from this forum.

After being given cautions and those cautions being ignored, the staff had no choice but to close the account.

Thank you to the members who Reported the Rules violations and the poor behavior.

`

Please note:

Rule 3.2 Members may not post inflammatory remarks simply for the purpose of evoking reaction or starting fights with other Members, or promote a spirit of divisiveness in the community. Such posts will be deleted and the Member warned or banned. If you are responded to in an angry manner, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.
There are many things with which I disagree that I am quite happy to hear from other Christians, and sometimes engage in discussing as one brother to another.

What can get on my blind side quickly and which I seem to have a problem ignoring or with which I feel the need to post without thinking is when a believer in a given doctrinal stance questions the quality of belief or practice of another doctrinal stance.

My post #76 was both decrying the characterization of one denomination by another AND an example where I was, in effect, decrying the practice in a particular congregation.

So, I apologize to anyone that may feel denigrated by me for their beliefs or practices.

Christians preaching or speaking against Christians plays into the hands of the enemy.

I apologize.

There are many things with which I disagree that I am quite happy to hear from other Christians, and sometimes engage in discussing as one brother to another.

What can get on my blind side quickly and which I seem to have a problem ignoring or with which I feel the need to post without thinking is when a believer in a given doctrinal stance questions the quality of belief or practice of another doctrinal stance.

My post #76 was both decrying the characterization of one denomination by another AND an example where I was, in effect, decrying the practice in a particular congregation.

So, I apologize to anyone that may feel denigrated by me for their beliefs or practices.

Christians preaching or speaking against Christians plays into the hands of the enemy.

I apologize.
I haven’t noticed any thing wrong in your posts Siloam but you have brought to my attention something I have done recently that I am now aware of.

Thanks for the reminder not just to me but to us all

May we all be pleasing to The Lord
Amen

Women do indeed serve a vastly important role in ministry.

The fact that there is at all so much controversy over women possessing doctrinal authority in teaching, that speaks loud volumes to the turning away we see all about us. This topic is just one among many that divide professing believers. The function of exercised doctrinal authority reserved for the men elders served a purpose Paul had in mind, and I see little to no discussion over that aspect of this topic.

Dare we begin at that point, the rest can be more easily directed into the vicinity of the Lord's thoughts on all this rather than to go down the myriads of rabbit holes, such as women's "ability" to teach doctrine, etc. The scriptures never down-play a woman's ability to teach effectively based on intelligence and strength of character. Women are as capable as most any man.

The difference is in assigned "function" within His body. Dare we profess to believe the Lord is Sovereign, then it is HIS drumbeat we must march to when wrestling with topics such as this...especially in the face of tremendous forces such as society and culture. Christ is the Head, and the body does not turn that Head, nor say to it, "No. You are wrong. You and we have equal stake in this reality." No.

The Head is ALWAYS in control, and those organs that defy the Head, and His decrees through His apostles by manipulating the direction of the study of ministry by trying to use "interpretation" as the battering ram to silence and/or beat others into submission, they are left with trying to explain away the clear language of what Paul said on this topic...language not so easily silenced through manipulative brow-beating and emotional argumentation.

I simply encourage others to read scripture for what it says, with blinders on that absolutely blocks one's peripheral sight to culture and society, almost all of which is under the manipulative powers of Satan at this time and historically.

MM

Many I know have a difficult time reconciling a living Sovereign Omniscient God that created the world to be as is, and then burning people for eternity for finite mistakes made by God created imperfect people who were in deficit ,condemned as sinners to be destined to Hell first,the moment they were born, with the added caviat, God is a God of love.

It's a mystery,they say.
Just as is the why behind God being the only creator,source, requiring we lesser beings to praise and glorify him so to reiterate his Sovereignty to his satisfaction while we're alive.

And in heaven, we are to praise him eternally while there. They wonder how pride is a sin for us but a staple of God.
It's a mystery.

Last edited:
Many I know have a difficult time reconciling a living Sovereign Omniscient God that created the world to be as is, and then burning people for eternity for finite mistakes made by God created imperfect people who were in deficit ,condemned as sinners to be destined to Hell first,the moment they were born, with the added caviat, God is a God of love.

It's a mystery,they say.
Just as is the why behind God being the only creator,source, requiring we lesser beings to praise and glorify him so to reiterate his Sovereignty to his satisfaction while we're alive.

And in heaven, we are to praise him eternally while there. They wonder how pride is a sin for us but a staple of God.
It's a mystery.

Yes, it's a common misconception that God sends people to Hell, when in fact it's them. It's not God. Most people choose to keep their sins upon themselves rather than calling upon the name of the Lord to be redeemed from their sins. Them thinking that they can keep their sins upon themselves, and somehow pay the penalty for those sins, that's on them, not God.

It's written that Hell was prepared for Satan and the angels who followed after him:

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Dare they argue with that, I would have to ask them to explain what it is that's keeping them from allowing Christ Jesus to take their sins upon Himself so that they don't have to try and atone for them in an eternal destruction. That simply makes no sense, and then to blame God for putting them there...?

No. Here's my thoughts on all this....at the moment the veil of one's humanity drops away at death, they know intuitively their place in eternity. They blame nobody but themselves. The rich man who once existed, and is now in Sheol awaiting the Great White Throne Judgement, knew his situation was just, for he did not at any time in his conversation with Abraham ask to be pardoned, or delivered from that place of torment:

Luke 16:24-31
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that [would come] from thence.
27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

So, today the Gospel is all throughout the world, and most still refuse to listen and repent, so them going into everlasting torment is of their own doing, not God's. The Lord is gracious and loving, and has provided a way of escape, and yet most choose to not partake of that narrow path.

The chronic whiners out there will still complain about how unfair it is, but they do so only in this life whereby we see through a glass darkly. At the point of death, the deceptions and ignorance of our humanity drop away like a discarded garment, and they will know.

MM

Yes, it's a common misconception that God sends people to Hell, when in fact it's them. It's not God. Most people choose to keep their sins upon themselves rather than calling upon the name of the Lord to be redeemed from their sins. Them thinking that they can keep their sins upon themselves, and somehow pay the penalty for those sins, that's on them, not God.

It's written that Hell was prepared for Satan and the angels who followed after him:

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Dare they argue with that, I would have to ask them to explain what it is that's keeping them from allowing Christ Jesus to take their sins upon Himself so that they don't have to try and atone for them in an eternal destruction. That simply makes no sense, and then to blame God for putting them there...?

No. Here's my thoughts on all this....at the moment the veil of one's humanity drops away at death, they know intuitively their place in eternity. They blame nobody but themselves. The rich man who once existed, and is now in Sheol awaiting the Great White Throne Judgement, knew his situation was just, for he did not at any time in his conversation with Abraham ask to be pardoned, or delivered from that place of torment:

Luke 16:24-31
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that [would come] from thence.
27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

So, today the Gospel is all throughout the world, and most still refuse to listen and repent, so them going into everlasting torment is of their own doing, not God's. The Lord is gracious and loving, and has provided a way of escape, and yet most choose to not partake of that narrow path.

The chronic whiners out there will still complain about how unfair it is, but they do so only in this life whereby we see through a glass darkly. At the point of death, the deceptions and ignorance of our humanity drop away like a discarded garment, and they will know.

MM
Great post.❤️😊🕊️
I think their point,having talked extensively with them, is God tells us he predestined all things.

So, it is God who is the judge that sends us to the Hell he opened to receive us,after making it for Satan and his angels.

When he could just as easily save all people. Yet, from before the creation of the world that was not to occur. He predestined the saved and the damned.

Makes for interesting discussions at Bible study.

Last edited:
Back