Liberal Theology?

YOu know.......I once said "I DO receive you", and I have been married to that same woman now for 52 years.
Can you please translate this into simple English? I assume that what you write is: "This reminds me about something in my life. I once said to my wife "I DO receive you". And this "receive" means "I want to marry you". Is that what you mean?

I always thought that I know the word "receive", but obviously not.

But since you addressed me directly I felt I need to ask.

Btw: you are married for 52 years??!!

alxb

Interesting since 99% of bible prophecy deals with Israel rather than the United States.

Actually CN......I personally do not know of one Scripture that would be considered to be applicable to the USA in the last days or any other days for that matter.

The only Scripture that I am aware of that some say is the USA is Rev. 12:13-17 which has an oblique reference to an “eagle” which saves Israel from destruction by the devil. However, when that is carefully considered, the original Greek is clear in that the picture drawn is of the "swiftness' of how an eagle flies. It has nothing to do with the USA but because the national bird is the Bald Eagle, some have "Made" that Scripture the USA.

You just may be a prophet and didnt know it.......................
1 year ago 4.0 magnitude, 10 km depth
‘Atlit, Haifa, Israel

2 years ago 4.7 magnitude, 10 km depth
Tiberias, Northern District, Israel

2 years ago 4.0 magnitude, 10 km depth
‘Eilabun, Northern District, Israel

5 years ago 4.2 magnitude, 13 km depth
‘En Boqeq, Southern District, Israel

5 years ago 5.5 magnitude, 22 km depth
Nuwaybi‘a, South Sinai, Egypt

7 years ago 4.1 magnitude, 20 km depth
Petra, Ma’an, Jordan

7 years ago 3.5 magnitude, 5 km depth
Tiberias, Northern District, Israel

9 years ago 4.1 magnitude, 31 km depth
Qesarya, Haifa, Israel

11 years ago 4.0 magnitude, 10 km depth
Tyre, Liban-Sud, Lebanon

13 years ago 4.0 magnitude, 1 km depth
Nabatîyé et Tahta, Nabatîyé, Lebanon
Prophet? umm, no. just tryin to make sense out of Biblical prophecy. lol

Can you please translate this into simple English? I assume that what you write is: "This reminds me about something in my life. I once said to my wife "I DO receive you". And this "receive" means "I want to marry you". Is that what you mean?

I always thought that I know the word "receive", but obviously not.

But since you addressed me directly I felt I need to ask.

Btw: you are married for 52 years??!!

alxb

Yes sir. I was just trying to be cute with the words.
Yes......funny story, my sister in law was the home coming queen at the same high school 4 years before my wife was our high school homecoming queen and we married 1 year after high school.
She has been my soul mate through 2 years of the Army, 10 years of school and 2 children, 15 dogs and 7 homes.
She is a tough woman to put up with me for 52 years!

Last edited:
Prophet? umm, no. just tryin to make sense out of Biblical prophecy. lol

I understand......but the point is, you may be right on the point!

The point is this......for the Scriptures to be true, there must be another Temple in Jerusalem.
Then for that to happen it can only be where the other 2 were at.
Then for that to happen, the Muslim's Temple of the Dome of the Rock must go away.

1. Earthquakes?
2. War conflict damage?
3. Jewish zealot with a bomb? (It would have to be a really big bomb).

Actually CN......I personally do not know of one Scripture that would be considered to be applicable to the USA in the last days or any other days for that matter.

The only Scripture that I am aware of that some say is the USA is Rev. 12:13-17 which has an oblique reference to an “eagle” which saves Israel from destruction by the devil. However, when that is carefully considered, the original Greek is clear in that the picture drawn is of the "swiftness' of how an eagle flies. It has nothing to do with the USA but because the national bird is the Bald Eagle, some have "Made" that Scripture the USA.
True, I saved the 1% for such nations as Greece, Persia, Rome etc. The USA may be hinted at also in Ezek 38:13 and some Isles somewhere, who knows?

True, I saved the 1% for such nations as Greece, Persia, Rome etc. The USA may be hinted at also in Ezek 38:13 and some Isles somewhere, who knows?

Agreed.

The only thing I would think is that somehow we (USA) become involved through some organizational alliance say....NATO.

IMPO.....after the Rapture, the USA will become a 3rd world nation with no direction or will to do what is right. The USA will then abandon the nation of Israel as it is right now moving in that direction and according to Genesis 12:3.................
"And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed."

The day the USA turn its back of Israel.......it will be over for us!

Hi Bob,
IMHO, WWII at least on the Western Front, would not have happened if the German Church had not been duped by a madman. They were duped because they had let go of their rich biblical heritage due to the theological liberalism of the 19th Century such as Albrecht Ritschl, Schleiermacher, Wilhelm Herrmann and Adolf von Harnack.
Many writers in the early 20th century were influenced by these 'big boys'.
Times may change but God's Word/truths change not.
Interesting aspect of the emergence of the Nazi-empire. I agree. I would like to add that this phenomenon had several more aspects which all contributed together:
Pride of the Germans, the defeat and frustration from WW-I, a massive flooding with lies and lies and lies (which the majority of Germans believed). And: the church became weak and did not see what was coming. I am sure that many christians did not take this emergence of the Nazi-empire serious. And when it was too late, then it was too late. How many evil things happened during this time? Incredibly many! I think: avoiding or preventing evil things is as important as doing good things.

alxb

That's a long list of books.
I can give you a very short list of authors that are currently being sold in the faith section in the bookshop I work in.

Joyce Meyer
TD Jakes
CS Lewis
AW Tozer
William P Young
Leonard Cohen
Gary Chapman

I think that's about it. National Geographic sometimes do special magazines about the Bible, but, they just do broad church history and pics of Jerusalem. There are some books about church history in NZ. But theology is for people that don't know about God, and question Him (without actually ever questioning Him as in 'are you there God? it's me' but writing any other thing about God they can come up with. Those authors are like

Karen Armstrong
Richard Dawkins
Stephen Fry
Christopher Hitchens

I am sure anyone can be a theologian without ever believing in God. You just need to live in an ivory tower and have plenty of time to write big fat books.
My wife and me like Gary Chapman's "The 5 love languages" a lot. My wife gives this book away to friends and colleagues often.

Yes sir. I was just trying to be cute with the words.
Yes......funny story, my sister in law was the home coming queen at the same high school 4 years before my wife was our high school homecoming queen and we married 1 year after high school.
She has been my soul mate through 2 years of the Army, 10 years of school and 2 children, 15 dogs and 7 homes.
She is a tough woman to put up with me for 52 years!
Thank you!

Interesting aspect of the emergence of the Nazi-empire. I agree. I would like to add that this phenomenon had several more aspects which all contributed together:
Pride of the Germans, the defeat and frustration from WW-I, a massive flooding with lies and lies and lies (which the majority of Germans believed). And: the church became weak and did not see what was coming. I am sure that many christians did not take this emergence of the Nazi-empire serious. And when it was too late, then it was too late. How many evil things happened during this time? Incredibly many! I think: avoiding or preventing evil things is as important as doing good things.

alxb
I agree, there were many variables that contributed to the rise of Naziism, but I was only mentioning the theological liberal's contribution.

Interesting since 99% of bible prophecy deals with Israel rather than the United States.
Yes its really weird trying to read those kinds of books.
You feel like you being transported to a fairy land of make believe or become semi-Mormon with that kind of talk.

Titles like 'People are asking, is this the end?'
or 'End times survival Guide'

Last edited:

alxb

I agree.....but the problem is that most American people do have the stomach to stop those evil things!

Oh....we talk and posture, but as soon as we see our men dead on the battlefield.....it is /lets get out of here!

I agree, there were many variables that contributed to the rise of Naziism, but I was only mentioning the theological liberal's contribution.

Without a doubt......we can see how ruthless and vicious that an anti-Christ leadership of a country can be.

Now, can you imagine what it will be like when there is NO indwelling of the Holy Spirit in the world during the reign of THE A/C.

Without a doubt......we can see how ruthless and vicious that an anti-Christ leadership of a country can be.

Now, can you imagine what it will be like when there is NO indwelling of the Holy Spirit in the world during the reign of THE A/C.
That will be very terrible times.

Back