Liberal Theology?

It's just people's different opinions about the Bible.
We all have them whether we are believers or unbelievers. Some people write them into books.

Umm...not me. As a biblicist, I have no opinion because no opinion of mine matters for squat.

Case in point is the idea that SOME WoF movement authorities teaching that Jesus was tortured in Hell for those three days and nights. When I've watched the people who teach that, in their faces, I detected a manic glee in their features as they revealed that falsehood to their followers. It mattered not at all to them that Jesus said, "It is finished," to which they've responded in front of their followers that what Jesus meant was "that phase" of the atonement was finished. We know where Jesus went, and what He did there, but altering the narrative to satisfy the insatiable appetite of the gluttons for false teaching is their sense of the highest good.

You know, when I see and hear cultists accusing the Lord of oversight, as to what He meant about various things, I'm left wondering how much more outlandish stuff is headed our way from those people, because once this all wears away, the ear-tickling addicts among their followers are going to want something new and novel, and demand such from those leaders. It must be harrowing to sit around, trying to figure out some new twist to get the most punch out of it for their followers.

Now, I'm not saying that all WoF followers have bought into the teachings of those who teach such stuff, but it demands mention of the fact that we ALL need to dig deeply into scriptures, and observe not only what IS said, but also consider what ISN'T said that some inject into the white spaces what isn't there, and doesn't align with what the rest of scripture has to say on the matter.

So, I may sometimes verbalize what is my opinion about something by putting out the pre-qualifier of it being "Darrellology," but always tempered with "It is written..." THAT is what matters because it's also written:

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

MM

well, I have an opinion on the Bible, that it is important to me and anyone who reads it. The Bible says we will be blessed when we read its words, and I've experienced that directly.
Just sayin!

WOF can be misleading, because not only must we say the words, we must DO them, as Jesus said, blessed are those that hear the word of God and KEEP it.

Or obey it.

You know what they say about most things that people are taught. It's in one ear and out the other.

Preachers, of course must practice what they preach, otherwise, they are just a noisy gong and a crashing cymbal. I wonder where I hear that a lot hmmm. Church?

WOF can be misleading, because not only must we say the words, we must DO them, as Jesus said, blessed are those that hear the word of God and KEEP it.

Or obey it.

You know what they say about most things that people are taught. It's in one ear and out the other.
You said...........
"WOF can be misleading,"

Actually that is not the case at all. The words....."can be" are not valid. The right words would be.........This teaching IS Satanic and un-Biblical!

The WOF people teach that God wants his people to be healthy, wealthy, and happy all the time and that speaking the right words, in faith, will compel God to deliver on his part of the covenant.

Just so that everyone is clear.............Word of Faith is not a Christian doctrine. It is NOT found in the Bible.

This heresy varies from preacher to preacher, as their need arrives. They generally profess that children of God have a "right" to the good things in life, if they ask God and believe correctly.

The Word of Faith movement grew out of the Pentecostal movement in the late 20th century. Its founder was E. W. Kenyon, who studied the metaphysical New Thought teachings of Phineas Quimby. Mind science (where "name it and claim it" originated) was combined with Pentecostalism, resulting in a peculiar mix of orthodox Christianity and mysticism. Kenneth Hagin, in turn, studied under E. W. Kenyon and made the Word of Faith movement what it is today. Although individual teachings range from completely heretical to completely ridiculous, what follows is the basic theology most Word of Faith teachers align themselves with.

At the heart of the Word of Faith movement is the belief in the "force of faith." It is believed words can be used to manipulate the faith-force, and thus actually create what they believe Scripture promises (health and wealth). Laws supposedly governing the faith-force are said to operate independently of God’s sovereign will and that God Himself is subject to these laws.
This is nothing short of idolatry, turning our faith—and by extension ourselves—into god.

This particular form of manipulation is geared toward those who actually DO NOT READ the Bible and think that God is a cosmic Santa Claus.
The people who give to those who promote this false teaching are those who are easily deceived and fall pray to a person who sounds good.

Hence these ministers of the WOF are more "actors" than they are born again people spreading the gospel. The only gospel they spread is.......
"Mail your love offering today so that this ministry can continue to exist".

Preachers, of course must practice what they preach, otherwise, they are just a noisy gong and a crashing cymbal. I wonder where I hear that a lot hmmm. Church?

You can also hear the same thing standing in line at the food store. Hypocrites are easy to find. All one has to do is "listen".

Remember......Preachers are exactly like everyone else.........Sinners!

well, I have an opinion on the Bible, that it is important to me and anyone who reads it. The Bible says we will be blessed when we read its words, and I've experienced that directly.
Just sayin!

Well I have a fact.

The Bible is the story of Jesus Christ and how He created this universe and everything in.

When one read the Bible, one will see that Jesus is the central character in the Bible. In fact the whole book is about Him. From Genesis 1:1 to the Revelation 22, it predicts His coming and sets the stage for His entrance into the world. The New Testament describes His coming and His work to bring salvation to our sinful world.

Jesus is more than a historical figure; in fact, He is more than a man. He is God in the flesh, and His coming was the most important event in the history of the world. God Himself became a man in order to give us a clear, understandable picture of who He is. What is God like? He is like Jesus; Jesus is God in human form and the ONLY book in existence that tells us these facts is the Bible.

Just sayin!

I would call that an "agreement" with the reality, but calling it your "opinion" doesn't create the tragedy of false teaching. ;)

MM

I would call that an "agreement" with the reality, but calling it your "opinion" doesn't create the tragedy of false teaching. ;)

MM
Well an opinion can be an agreement or it can be an opposing.

Not everyone is going to agree with everyone all the time. Of course, agreeing with God doesn't mean people don't question Him from time to time, mostly because we don't understand Him. Not because we hate Him or anything, or think we are better than Him.

Theology seems to be a lot of questioning, and for lots of people thats how they find answers. If you don't ask, you don't receive. If you don't ask, does that mean you know everything already? I don't think so!

I had children at school ask this question, If God made everything, then who made God?

Well I don't know, did He make Himself?

Some people think they have the answer, but a lot of people have the wrong answer. People want the truth. A wrong answer IS an answer, but it's not the truth. And sometimes questions are silly....but I've always been trained to answer questions, no matter how silly they are. If I don't know I give a reference. That's what good librarians do.

Or obey it.

well yes, if we are willing to do them, that's fine. and don't forget the other mystical sects who believe we must not lift a finger...

After dabbling with some new age stuff, I figured if I wanted to be a rocket scientist, I only had to imagine it and God would bestow on me a mind like Einstein.... even though I stink at math.... all I had to do was believe, and wait on the Lord. I wonder where they draw the line between delusion and reality, coz its kinda blurred. anyone can believe they are a rocket scientist, but until you actually build one your not one.

forgot to mention, the same mystical sect proposes we are God.
I fell for it, because I wasn't sure. All this consciousness creates reality struck me as intriguing. so I wanted to try it.
don't get me wrong, imagining having your desired goal actually helps foster a positive mindset as your working toward it. but it was the doctrines that came with it that was scary.

it proposed, that if bad things happens to you is all your fault because you are focusing on negative things. or your vibration/ chakras/ energy vortexes or whatever are not in line with your highest ideal...
ok, yep, well try telling that to a victim of serious crime that had no idea it was going to happen nor encouraged it, who may have just been laughing earlier with their friends..

Last edited:
I fell for it, because I wasn't sure. All this consciousness creates reality struck me as intriguing. so I wanted to try it.
don't get me wrong, imagining having your desired goal actually helps foster a positive mindset as your working toward it. but it was the doctrines that came with it that was scary.

it proposed, that if bad things happens to you is all your fault because you are focusing on negative things. or your vibration/ chakras/ energy vortexes or whatever are not in line with your highest ideal...
ok, yep, well try telling that to a victim of serious crime that had no idea it was going to happen nor encouraged it, who may have just been laughing earlier with their friends..
Was this the book..... 'The Secret'?

One of her follow up books gets stolen a lot from the bookshop, so it has to be kept behind the counter. I'm sure the people who stole it just imagined that they paid for it. Well the universe will probably make them pay for it in some way. It was called 'The Greatest Secret'

Don't people realise that bookshop owners keep track of all their books, if one goes missing and hasn't been paid for, they do find out about it.

Well an opinion can be an agreement or it can be an opposing.

Not everyone is going to agree with everyone all the time. Of course, agreeing with God doesn't mean people don't question Him from time to time, mostly because we don't understand Him. Not because we hate Him or anything, or think we are better than Him.

Theology seems to be a lot of questioning, and for lots of people thats how they find answers. If you don't ask, you don't receive. If you don't ask, does that mean you know everything already? I don't think so!

I had children at school ask this question, If God made everything, then who made God?

Well I don't know, did He make Himself?

Some people think they have the answer, but a lot of people have the wrong answer. People want the truth. A wrong answer IS an answer, but it's not the truth. And sometimes questions are silly....but I've always been trained to answer questions, no matter how silly they are. If I don't know I give a reference. That's what good librarians do.

That's what I like about philosophy, which is the study of truth.

What has philosophy uncovered about the question of God's existence? Well, it provided strong enough argument for even evolutionists that they were forced to admit the universe had a beginning. That's as far as they were willing to go, however. They don't like admitting that everything had a first causeless cause. In other words, God had no beginning with His being the first cause for the beginning as we know it. When the first Cause says to us that there is none beside Him, and He knows of no other, then atheists are forced to admit He had no beginning, to which I could then ask them why they hate God so much.

Therein is the reason they stop at the point of the universe having a beginning. They refuse to go back any further because they know the implications involved.

If one argues that there is an infinite number of first causes, I'd have to call them on that one too. Whether they consider the universe to be infinite in size or not, infinity will not fit inside another infinity, and it certainly won't fit inside what is finite. They are then left with a dichotomy of their own making.

Cool stuff, Lanolin.

MM

Yeah, the gurus of all that gobbledygook also keep looking left and right before crossing the street to make sure there isn't a bus coming at them... Busses are so darned real...

MM

Back