Love and Forgiveness

I would like very much to hear from all of you about this topic.
How important in our life is walking in love and forgiveness.
Is it something that has to be right now and all the time or when the correct time rolls around.
Any way please let me know how you see this and hey try to make a point and not just a one liner.

Thank You and have a very Blessed day and night or inbetween. What ever it may be for you,
Blessings
Jim

IMO it is a package deal and neither one is something we can choose. They are a must for the believer.

Hermeneutics is a man made way of trying to make sense out of God's Word. It is a worldly made up contraption that falls way short of discovering truth that only the Holy Spirit can give. God's Word are thought process from a spiritual being who inhabits eternity, and who is the beginning and the end all at the same time. How can his Words stay in context when he speaks using "overlays" that speak not only of what has happened along time ago, but what is happening today and tomorrow within the same paragraph? Man made tools can never work.

Exactly my point ! Praise God

Hermeneutics is a man made way of trying to make sense out of God's Word. It is a worldly made up contraption that falls way short of discovering truth that only the Holy Spirit can give. God's Word are thought process from a spiritual being who inhabits eternity, and who is the beginning and the end all at the same time. How can his Words stay in context when he speaks using "overlays" that speak not only of what has happened along time ago, but what is happening today and tomorrow within the same paragraph? Man made tools can never work.

I hear what you are saying and understand your point but IMO you need to consider what the Bible says even about this.

2 Timothy 2:15.........
"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

Isn't that exactly what the definition of "Hermeneutics" is?????

That being the case shouldn't we then actually try to do it correctly?

Biblical hermeneutics is the science of properly interpreting the various types of literature found in the Bible. For example, a psalm should often be interpreted differently from a prophecy. A proverb should be understood and applied differently from a law. This is the purpose of biblical hermeneutics—to help us to know how to interpret, understand, and apply the Bible.

Just consider how much conversation was used in a recent thread because some of us did not understand the difference between parables and doctrine.

The most important law of biblical hermeneutics is that the Bible should be interpreted literally IMO. Literal Bible interpretation means we understand the Bible in its normal, plain meaning. The Bible says what it means and means what it says. The real problem today in Christianity is when people make the mistake of trying to read between the lines and come up with meanings for Scriptures that are not truly in the text and what comes out is something that God never ever intended.

That brother is a failure in "Hermeneutics" or ........a failure to "rightly divide the Word of God".

I hear what you are saying and understand your point but IMO you need to consider what the Bible says even about this.

"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

Biblical hermeneutics is the science of properly interpreting the various types of literature found in the Bible. For example, a psalm should often be interpreted differently from a prophecy. A proverb should be understood and applied differently from a law. This is the purpose of biblical hermeneutics—to help us to know how to interpret, understand, and apply the Bible.

Just consider how much conversation was used in a recent thread because some of us did not understand the difference between parables and doctrine.

The most important law of biblical hermeneutics is that the Bible should be interpreted literally IMO. Literal Bible interpretation means we understand the Bible in its normal, plain meaning. The Bible says what it means and means what it says. The real problem today in Christianity is when people make the mistake of trying to read between the lines and come up with meanings for Scriptures that are not truly in the text and what comes out is something that God never ever intended.

That brother is a failure in "Hermeneutics" or ........a failure to "rightly divide the Word of God".

Brother Major, I know your heart for the things of God which is why you are so determined to believe what is right, and so am I. I am very hard headed when I believe something that I know is true. "Hermeneutics" to me a way of getting understanding of the things of God, but I believe it can only see the exterior of what scripture says. We can learn a lot of things about God and his Kingdom through this method, but what I am looking for is what is on the inside of the Word of God where God him self dwells in all his Glory. "Hermeneutics" can not do this, only the "anointing" of the Spirit of God can reveal to our hearts the "contents" of God's Word. In him was "life", and that is what we are looking for.

Brother Major, I know your heart for the things of God which is why you are so determined to believe what is right, and so am I. I am very hard headed when I believe something that I know is true. "Hermeneutics" to me a way of getting understanding of the things of God, but I believe it can only see the exterior of what scripture says. We can learn a lot of things about God and his Kingdom through this method, but what I am looking for is what is on the inside of the Word of God where God him self dwells in all his Glory. "Hermeneutics" can not do this, only the "anointing" of the Spirit of God can reveal to our hearts the "contents" of God's Word. In him was "life", and that is what we are looking for.

No argument from me on that my brother. I agree completely.

What I am saying is that since inaccurate interpretation of Scripture can lead to improper conduct, one must be sure he is interpreting properly. Adequate application of truth builds on an adequate understanding of truth. A distorted meaning of a Bible verse or passage may result in misguided living.

The Holy Spirit, as the "Helper" as seen in John 14:16 is available to help believers come to the correct meaning of the Bible's statements, commands, and questions. He is involved in the hermeneutical process because He is "the Spirit of truth" who, Jesus said, "will guide... into all truth" in John 16:13. That PROCESS is called "Hermeneutics".

I would like very much to hear from all of you about this topic.
How important in our life is walking in love and forgiveness.
Is it something that has to be right now and all the time or when the correct time rolls around.
Any way please let me know how you see this and hey try to make a point and not just a one liner.

Thank You and have a very Blessed day and night or inbetween. What ever it may be for you,
Blessings
Jim

LOVE and FORGIVENESS

I think:
Forgiveness is something we do more for ourselves rather than we do for others...

Un-forgiveness slowly consumes us: it affects how we say, how we thinks, how we act.......

While: Forgiveness builds us up : regardless if the forgiven changes for the better or not....

That is, we forgive regardless if the one we forgive change for the better or not....

but and then….

When we act to make/help/build the forgiven changes for the BETTER… that will be LOVE….

IMO : )

Last edited:

Also, should this not be the quest for every believer him or herself? Rather that having someone else do it for him/her.

Also, should this not be the quest for every believer him or herself? Rather that having someone else do it for him/her.

Of course it is. However we should not turn or backs on those who have done more work and study with the same Holy Spirit as their teacher and have become educated and able to teach others.

Of course it is. However we should not turn or backs on those who have done more work and study with the same Holy Spirit as their teacher and have become educated and able to teach others.
I fully agree with you here Major. After all we do have many men that have taught us by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit in the bible. So it is clear that Spirit led men/women are a benefit towards our instruction.

I fully agree with you here Major. After all we do have many men that have taught us by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit in the bible. So it is clear that Spirit led men/women are a benefit towards our instruction.

Amen!

Sometimes I wonder at what we say and think.

Paul wrote about the Rapture 2000 years ago and it sat right there in the Word of God until several people in the 1800's began to extrapolate the meaning and bingo....we now have a Bible explanation from men who were used by the Holy Spirit to explain it.
It did not just appear in 1800, it was there all along.

That my ear friends is "HERMNUTICS".

The very same thing happened with Martin Luther. The doctrine of salvation did not just appear when he read it. IT was right there for all to see for 1700 years. But Luther with the filling and guidance of the Holy Spirit brought it out and look at what we have now.

IF...IF someone else had not done those things where would we be now??????

Someone will say......Well God would have reached down and used someone else to do the same thing. Well my answer is,
are you sure???? He did not do it for approx. 2000 years why do you think He would use someone else?
He used some educated people in the Word of God who were filled with the Holy Spirit to open up the meaning of God's Word.

Hermeneutics, interesting word : )

I think I can put in the same circle Hermeneutics, Logic, Theology (the course includes Logic 101 : ) , Scientific Method, Semantics, the Constitutional Law in one circle…

Yes, man made rules..... we need rules…. Semantics are important…

In a similar manner: man create laws… laws is our way to put things in order… the root word of Law is “layer” that is, to put things in order.. and man can easily forgot an agreement to put things in order, thus, we put laws into writing…

And of course, we agree that at the end of the day:

Proverbs 21:31New King James Version (NKJV)
The horse is prepared for the day of battle,
But deliverance is of the Lord.

Thank you for agreeing.

For those who do not, let me ask you something.

If you have the desire and calling to be a medical doctor, do you sit at home and read comments from others like you over the internet and then read books on how to do brain surgery. OR do you think it would be acceptable to go to a University which would show you, teach you and instruct you on how to do brain surgery. Do you think that there might be people in that University who have become knowledgeable enough to help YOU do what it is you want to do.

What about an auto mechanic? Do you think the people who work on $50,000 cars just picked up a wrench and started a garage because they had a feeling they would like to fix cars. Do you think that maybe, just maybe they went to a College where other people taught the things that they would need to know to be successful and effective????

I could go on and on but do you see how this is going???

But Jesus taught His disciples for 3 years. He was 100% God and 100% man so do you realize what you just said my brother????

He was the teacher and He taught His disciples the finer things of God's Word and those men went on to write the New Test.
I really do not know of a better example of Hermeneutics that the example of the Lord Jesus Christ. The process then was not a worldly process at all but a Godly example of how the truth was to be taught and explained.

Do you know how long Timothy studied under and with Paul?

But Jesus taught His disciples for 3 years. He was 100% God and 100% man so do you realize what you just said my brother????

He was the teacher and He taught His disciples the finer things of God's Word and those men went on to write the New Test.
I really do not know of a better example of Hermeneutics that the example of the Lord Jesus Christ. The process then was not a worldly process at all but a Godly example of how the truth was to be taught and explained.

Jesus taught from the spirit and yes used parables at times. Hermeneutics gives you head knowledge and nothing more. If you feel I am wrong then why is it that all 20 some folks who insist this is the only way to study all are obnoxious, get angry if you do not except their views and limit what the scriptures says and has different understanding of scripture then some one who the spirit of God has been teaching ?

Being educated is one thing but Hermeneutics does not mean educated.Theology or theological studying tends to leave those with limited views and beliefs and they tend to always get so upset when one does not see it there way for they are so sure of them selves.
I said tends not always.

I will take a good ol spirit filled child of God who has something to say over the most educated doctrinal theology believing person any day. : )
Blessings
Jim

Remember, Jesus only spoke what he heard his father say not what his thoughts were. All of Jesus's teachings came from his father through the Holy Ghost.
Every single things must be guided and lead of the Holy Spirit when anything is taught, or it is just man's ideas of what he thinks it should be. The Holy Spirit is not Hermeneutics.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Sorry but I don't even know what hermaunatuics is?
Just sounds like a big word that isn't even in the Bible.

If we are talking about Love and Forgiveness, what has hermanautics got to do with it?
Go through all the passages and stories in the bible teaching about love and forgiveness, read them, meditate on them, and teach/read to others what it says. Sometimes all we need to do is repeat what Jesus said on the topic, cos He is the Word. He's the first and last Word on it!

scripture coming to mind on forgiveness..how many times? Seventy times seven.
Also, the Lords prayer says we must ask to be forgiven, and forgive others. I would presume since Jesus taught the disciples to pray daily, we are meant to do this everyday.

Don't let the sun go down on your anger, Paul writes in a letter.
I know if I have a fight with my mum, and I don't feel like forgiving her, or she doesn't forgive me, I will go to bed in a sulk and cry and be angry..and maybe not talk to her and give her the silent treatment. Or she will just be really annoyed and maybe curse me under her breath or even in earshot. But if we admit we wrong and forgive each other, we at peace and on speaking terms!

Sorry but I don't even know what hermaunatuics is?
Just sounds like a big word that isn't even in the Bible.

If we are talking about Love and Forgiveness, what has hermanautics got to do with it?
Go through all the passages and stories in the bible teaching about love and forgiveness, read them, meditate on them, and teach/read to others what it says. Sometimes all we need to do is repeat what Jesus said on the topic, cos He is the Word. He's the first and last Word on it!

scripture coming to mind on forgiveness..how many times? Seventy times seven.
Also, the Lords prayer says we must ask to be forgiven, and forgive others. I would presume since Jesus taught the disciples to pray daily, we are meant to do this everyday.

Don't let the sun go down on your anger, Paul writes in a letter.
I know if I have a fight with my mum, and I don't feel like forgiving her, or she doesn't forgive me, I will go to bed in a sulk and cry and be angry..and maybe not talk to her and give her the silent treatment. Or she will just be really annoyed and maybe curse me under her breath or even in earshot. But if we admit we wrong and forgive each other, we at peace and on speaking terms!

hermaunatuics is a man made way of studying. Those who use it sware it is the best and so forth but from what I have seen and I will get slack for this, it simply builds head knowledge and leaves the spiritual understanding out of the picture. Now I am sure NOT ALL that study this way will fall into this but for themost part those I have talked with are a prime example.

Back