Many Will Say "lord, Lord..."

1Jo 2:10 He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him.
11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

1Jo 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

"So put it all together, who do we find today seeing and casting out territorial demons around every corner, where do we find the famous prophets of God (that only have to be 65% correct), and miracles on demand, in what branches/denominations of the Church today?"

I don't know. Who? What denominations?
What are you looking for Allie?

Last edited:
Probably the best reading would be those who work lawlessness..the law is fulfilled in one word..love
Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (always read a verse in its context) To whom is the Lord speaking?
Mt 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
Ga 3:1 ¶ O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Ga 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12 And the law is not of faith: Here is the group to which the Lord was speaking

Ga 5:4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Matt. 7:23 _ "Depart from me, you that work iniquity."
There is a difference between iniquity and sin.
Iniquity was found in Lucifer, and he was cast out of heaven. He was "...perfect in all you ways...". That tells us that Lucifer knew perfection, and followed not after it: therefore, iniquity is knowing that which is right and not doing it.
Sin is not knowing what is right, but trying to do right, the wrong way. Adam and Eve were tempted: so it was not like iniquity was found in them. Temptation and sin came from an outside source. But temptation entered Eve and "...she gave gave also unto her husband, and he did eat." Immediately they were blinded from righteousness, and tried to do right: by clothing themselves with fig leaves. They wanted to do right, but they did it the wrong way.

Those that work iniquity are the ones who knew, but refused to do the truth. The Lord did not call them sinners: he called them workers of iniquity. So thy that work iniquity are those who have not obeyed righteousness.
Who are the sinners? Them that are blind to righteousness, and try to do good: but don't know how to do good.

The workers of iniquity know righteousness, but want to be righteous their own way! They know the NAME of the Lord; they
know how to prophesy, and cast out devils; and they know the POWER of the NAME to do "...many wonderful works."
But they refuse to hear the Gospel.

Matt. 7:23 _ "Depart from me, you that work iniquity."
There is a difference between iniquity and sin.
Iniquity was found in Lucifer, and he was cast out of heaven. He was "...perfect in all you ways...". That tells us that Lucifer knew perfection, and followed not after it: therefore, iniquity is knowing that which is right and not doing it.
Sin is not knowing what is right, but trying to do right, the wrong way. Adam and Eve were tempted: so it was not like iniquity was found in them. Temptation and sin came from an outside source. But temptation entered Eve and "...she gave gave also unto her husband, and he did eat." Immediately they were blinded from righteousness, and tried to do right: by clothing themselves with fig leaves. They wanted to do right, but they did it the wrong way.

Those that work iniquity are the ones who knew, but refused to do the truth. The Lord did not call them sinners: he called them workers of iniquity. So thy that work iniquity are those who have not obeyed righteousness.
Who are the sinners? Them that are blind to righteousness, and try to do good: but don't know how to do good.

The workers of iniquity know righteousness, but want to be righteous their own way! They know the NAME of the Lord; they
know how to prophesy, and cast out devils; and they know the POWER of the NAME to do "...many wonderful works."
But they refuse to hear the Gospel.
here is who the Lord is speaking to...
Mt 7:3 "And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?
4 "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye?
5 "Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

"So put it all together, who do we find today seeing and casting out territorial demons around every corner, where do we find the famous prophets of God (that only have to be 65% correct), and miracles on demand, in what branches/denominations of the Church today?"

Beloved, the "...workers of iniquity..." are not 65% right: they are 100% wrong! But you, Beloved, look at the testimony of the apostles and prophets chosen by the Lord, and be assured that we are "...built upon the doctrine of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone." If anyone will call himself a Minister of the Lord, his testimony must correspond to that of the apostles and prophets found within the scriptures.

Beloved, the "...workers of iniquity..." are not 65% right: they are 100% wrong! But you, Beloved, look at the testimony of the apostles and prophets chosen by the Lord, and be assured that we are "...built upon the doctrine of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone." If anyone will call himself a Minister of the Lord, his testimony must correspond to that of the apostles and prophets found within the scriptures.
Ga 1:6 ¶ I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel,
7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.

Ga 2:1 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."

Ga 3:2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

Ga 1:6 ¶ I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel,
7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
Ga 2:1 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Ga 3:2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

Did the Lord God not bless Abram, saying, "I will bless them that bless you..."? Why do you suppose the Lord has blessed me with His Gospel? Yet He has entrusted me with it, and has commanded me not to let go. Why, do you suppose? I am as nothing in the eyes of his people; and I swear I do not know what He has seen in me. But I know that He loves you, and would that you take up the plow that another has let fall. Look to the words of the apostles and prophets, and believe them. If men bless you, what does it profit? Let the Lord bless you...and you will know that you are blessed!

“ws.’ Matthew 7:21-23

Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord!

1. We prophesied in your name

2. and cast out demons in your name

3. and performed many miracles in your name.’

But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s la

1. He who believes in Him is not judged;

2. he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

3. This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.

(A) Cain brought the fruit of the labor of his hands. - darkness

4. For everyone who does evil hates the Light,

(A) Cain hated that his works were considered evil.

5. and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

(A) Light exposes everyone's deeds as filthy rags.

6. But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God." (John 3:18-21 NASB)

(A) I have come to the Light and my deeds are exposed by the Light as filthy rags and my trust is that God has forgiven me in Christ.

How about we let Jesus answer it for us, let's consider what He says about the Laodicean church and in so doing we will find the answer.

Now remember, the Laodicean church is an example of not only churches, but more specifically what individual people believe, ...Laodicean=peoples opinions, ...in a Laodicean church there will always be confusion because everyone thinks they are the authority and therefore doing their own thing.

Jesus describes Himself as the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Head of the creation of God. Rev 3:14

A. Here in this verse Amen is used as a proper name, which when applied to the Lord signifies that He Himself is the fulfillment of all that God has spoken to the churches.
B. Then in contrast the Laodicean church will tell us there is new revelation from God, which negates what Jesus cried from the Cross, "It is finished!" John 19:30

A. Faithful means one we can trust, one that won't abandon us.
B. Those in the Laodicean church will teach us their doctrine, but when it doesn't come true or work in our lives then they will turn on us like rabid dogs and we will actually become their (Christian) enemies.

A. True Witness, a true witness is one who is an eye witness of the actual event, i.e., Jesus was with the Father as the Word before the incarnation, so what He tells us about Father is His testimony.
B. Jesus is inferring the Laodicean church is a false witness.

A. The Head is a reference to His supreme authority.
B. The supreme authority in the Laodicean church it is the members and how they interpret the Bible.

A. Creation of God, Jesus is saying He is the Head or Authority of all of Creation, and that also means He is the Head or Authority of all of His born again children.
B. The teaching and belief of the Laodicean church is they are little Gods or little Christs, they are their own authority and even have the audacity to tell God what to do.

...I will vomit you out of my mouth. Rev 3:16

A. The Laodicean church is so nauseous, stomach turning that it makes Jesus sick enough to vomit.
B. Compare that to the promise, He will never leave us or forsake us and even more poignant, He would never talk like that about His Bride.

Why will Jesus, what causes Him to say He will vomit them out of His mouth?

Because you say, I am rich and increased with goods, and have need of nothing, Rev 3"17a

A. Rich is a reference to monetary wealth, goods is a reference to spiritual gifts and because they think this way they don't even need Jesus, ..remember, they think they are little Gods or little Christs and the can claim any promise in the Word, say it in faith and that forces God to obey them.

...and do not know your are wretched, poor, blind, miserable and naked. Rev 3:17b

B. But the Amen, Faithful and True Witness tells us their true condition, ...wretched, poor, blind, miserable and naked.

I counsel you to buy gold from Me purified by fire, so that you may be rich; and white clothing so that you may be clothed and so that the shame of your nakedness does not appear. And anoint your eyes with eye salve, so that you may see. Rev 3:18

A. They say their faith in claiming the promises has made them rich.
B. But Jesus says they are poor and need to buy gold from Him, their riches do not have any value in Eternity.

A. They say they are righteous, washed with the blood.
B. But Jesus affirms their righteousness is as filthy rags, and on the day of Judgement their shameful nakedness will be evident to all.

A. They say the can see the light.
B. Jesus is saying they are blind and what light they think they have comes from their vain imaginations.

As many as I love I rebuke and chasten; therefor be zealous and repent Rev 3:19

A. The Laodicean church will say everything is rosy, no problemo, everything is cool and if any thing should come along to shake the boat it is from the devil and don't accept it, ...everything is blue skies in the Laodicean church.

B. Jesus rebukes and chastens His children, He will allow the enemy to tempt us, try us, cause us to pass through fiery trials, but from the Lord's viewpoint it is just another test for us to overcome. We walk in faith through the trial and seek the Lord for the life verse that will give us victory and through the victory our faith will grow and we will also grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, Paul reinforces this point in saying if we aren't chastened by the Lord then we are bastards and not sons. Heb 12:8

And we now arrive at the Truth that Jesus is not the Head of the Laodicean church, He has been, if I may borrow the phrase, vomited out of the church.

Behold I stand at the door and knock. If anyone (addressed to individuals, not the church) hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and I will dine with him (the Communion of today) and he with Me (the Marriage Supper of the Lamb Rev 4 & 5). Rev 3:20

So there you have it sis, that is a description of the Laodicean church by our Lord, now be a fruit inspector and start inspecting the fruit and soon you will see the bad fruit will start to be found in certain groups calling themselves Christian.

Blessings,

Gene

Last edited:
Ga 3:5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Ga 5:4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord!

1. We prophesied in your name

2. and cast out demons in your name

3. and performed many miracles in your name.’

But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s la

1. He who believes in Him is not judged;

2. he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

3. This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.

(A) Cain brought the fruit of the labor of his hands. - darkness

4. For everyone who does evil hates the Light,

(A) Cain hated that his works were considered evil.

5. and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

(A) Light exposes everyone's deeds as filthy rags.

6. But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God." (John 3:18-21 NASB)

(A) I have come to the Light and my deeds are exposed by the Light as filthy rags and my trust is that God has forgiven me in Christ.
Thank you this makes sense to me.

This doesn't have as much to do with "lukewarm" Christians as it has to do with religious hypocrisy.
We have no shortage of examples of religious people in places of authority whose private actions are in direct opposition to
their public persona (Baker, Hinn, Swaggart, Haggard, cough, cough).

This doesn't have as much to do with "lukewarm" Christians as it has to do with religious hypocrisy.
We have no shortage of examples of religious people in places of authority whose private actions are in direct opposition to
their public persona (Baker, Hinn, Swaggart, Haggard, cough, cough).
You mean like those who rape children as well right?

All branches and denominations can fall under the 'mega church', which I believe houses some of these assertions.

You mean like those who rape children as well right?

Why 'rape' specifically? Why not any ongoing or habitual sin? We all mess up every now and then. I agree with Where when he said that repentance is not a one time thing. It must, however, be sincere. There cannot be one foot in the light and one in the dark. "If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin" (John 1 6-7).

"You mean like those who rape children as well right?"

I assume that there was some point to that?

My point of view is that there are some crimes that should result in the defrocking and imprisonment of the offending clergy.
You go clean up your side of the aisle, and I'll go try to clean out my side.
Best of luck to both of us. We'll need it.

So are you saying this is directed to "lukewarm" Christians?

Because lukewarm Christians don't usually try and cast out demons or prophecize (<----not a word lol)

Sorry just trying to understand .

It means that we can say that we are anything but the reality is that we have to prove what we say in order to be what we say we are.

It never ceases to amaze me, the sectarian hate that endlessly drips from the mouths of some people.

Anyway.... back in the 80s my brother was very active in league sports as a fairly good pitcher for various local baseball teams (high school, junior college, etc). At that time there were several (5+) sexual molestation scandals that came to light.
These were young coaches and volunteers who used their easy access to young men in sports to pursue their various illicit desires. Amazingly enough, not a single one of the perpetrators was a Roman Catholic, despite common belief to the contrary.

Back