Mark 16:9-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
"My wording is very easy to grasp."
Case in point-"People succumb to defeat too easily. We have been given the authority of Jesus Christ over disease in the Atonement. We need to learn how to get it from our born again spirits where it is located as His promise and blessing and have it manifest in our bodies. That means the in-between element of us as human beings is the mind and will (soul). Understand who we are in Christ and we can appropriate our healing in the natural." Post 290

I agree with Jim on this. Where there is two in agreement.....

That two in agreement stuff doesn't hold water here.

God has created us as tripartite beings: spirit, soul (mind, will and emotions) and body.

When we are first saved, Holy Spirit comes in to reside within our spirit, which is quickened to life by His presence. Along with Him comes every blessing and promise God has ever made to any of us. They can be accessed through our connection and communication with our spirit by our soul. Healing can be transferred from the spirit to the mind and body as the soul is in touch with the truth from our Father that healing is in the atonement and that we have it already, according to God's word.

1. We speak the word.
2. We believe the word.
3. We speak with the authority of Christ.
4. We appropriate our healing.

Ephesians 1:3
All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.

Last edited:
Two big differences here. (1) it is impossible for God to ever lose to the Devil in any way shape or form. (2) It is possible for a person to be disobedient and not do what God says.

Anytime a person makes a statement "what if" when the what if is impossible is not smart.

Can you see the difference?

What I see is the process of picking and choosing whatt you want to believe not what is stated for us to believe.

God has created us as tripartite beings: spirit, soul (mind, will and emotions) and body.

When we are first saved, Holy Spirit comes in to reside within our spirit, which is quickened to life by His presence. Along with Him comes every blessing and promise God has ever made to any of us. They can be accessed through our connection and communication with our spirit by our soul. Healing can be transferred from the spirit to the mind and body as the soul is in touch with the truth from our Father that healing is in the atonement and that we have it already, according to God's word.

1. We speak the word.
2. We believe the word.

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.

And that is step in line with the Charsmatic Pentacostal denominational teaching.

1. We speak the word.
2. We believe the word.

This is a very important principle that is seen throughout the Bible. When God establishes a principle, He does it with two or three witnesses in His word. It is found in both the Old and New Testaments. The idea of two or three witnesses even spills over into the legal system. Two or three witnesses are needed to establish a crime or rebuke someone of sin in the church.

2 Corinthians 13:1
"This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established."

Deut. 19:15
"One witness is not enough to convict anyone accused of any crime or offense they may have committed. A matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.

This is a very important principle that is seen throughout the Bible. When God establishes a principle, He does it with two or three witnesses in His word. It is found in both the Old and New Testaments. The idea of two or three witnesses even spills over into the legal system. Two or three witnesses are needed to establish a crime or rebuke someone of sin in the church.

2 Corinthians 13:1
"This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established."

Deut. 19:15
"One witness is not enough to convict anyone accused of any crime or offense they may have committed. A matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.
Yep! Just like miracles are a witness.

I am really starting to wonder why some people even bother to debate things on here. It doesn't seem like most of the participants are willing to even consider changing their opinions/beliefs, much less actually change them.

Shouldn't we be seekers and accepters of the truth regardless of what that costs us? How can one accept a new truth when it is presented if they are closed off from it from the beginning?

Notice that Jesus did not physically heal EVERYONE...crowds would throng Him...some touching Him...some beging for Mercy, some for healing but he healed some here and some there (mostly for the glory of God). Likewise we see the Father heals some and does not heal all. And stranger still, even in the Bible God brings healing trough us sometimes medicinally....Timothy's gut virus is ministered to by a little red wine (which in fact effects the intestinal flora)....God tells Isaiah to minister to Hezekiah's boils by having him make and apply "plasters" (poultices)....Jesus heals one kind of blindness by making an ointment out of Saliva and a particular type of clay....Paul is left with his thorn in the flesh....and so on...

Some illnesses were caused by beings invisible to the eye (some of the devils and some maybe not) today we have proved most illnesses ARE caused by life forms invisible to the eye (we call them bacteria)....

Just some thoughts to add....

I am really starting to wonder why some people even bother to debate things on here. It doesn't seem like most of the participants are willing to even consider changing their opinions/beliefs, much less actually change them.

Shouldn't we be seekers and accepters of the truth regardless of what that costs us? How can one accept a new truth when it is presented if they are closed off it from the beginning?
Amen!! I believe many just don't understand that if you're not growing you're dying; our spiritual life is no different than the physical. When you're not regenerating you're dying. Many Christians stop growing when they learn to waddle and are content in their state and deny there's anything else. I stopped growing for eons and praise God He showed this to me and I repented, but I still have to pray and read and walk by faith and grow daily. Until people are willing to entertain the idea they are lacking spiritually, they become Pharisees and I was chief in this area. I find I'm still just a toddler!! May I continue to ever learn and grow in Him. Look around in nature, we never stop learning, what makes us think we can learn all there is in the spiritual? That's just pride. The word of God is just school and when/if one ever graduates, off to high school we go, then college, then life... Every day, if one chooses, we can learn more every day about life, why would it stop in the spirit? It won't!!! It's arrogance and pride to believe we know everything from the word of God. There are so many levels to life, we cannot even imagine the depth of the spiritual. Think of our walk like walking a tightrope, if you stop you fall or you walk backwards.

Shouldn't we be seekers and accepters of the truth regardless of what that costs us? How can one accept a new truth when it is presented if they are closed off from it from the beginning?

Aye, that's it in a nutshell. The problem with this and every other online forum is that there isn't the unity of the Spirit. It isn't an atmosphere where divine speaking can be heard and recognised. I've no doubt that right things are said and taught here, and that individuals will be helped by what they learn. However, there aren't the conditions which exist when brethren gather to the Name of the Lord Jesus, and make way for the Spirit. In that area, where divine principles are held, and there's suitable conditions - holy conditions - divine speaking can be heard. There, the word comes in power. It's presented to me authoritatively, so that I know it's authentic, and even if I don't happen to like it, if some adjustment is needed with me, I must accept it as the word of God.

Aye, that's it in a nutshell. The problem with this and every other online forum is that there isn't the unity of the Spirit. It isn't an atmosphere where divine speaking can be heard and recognised. I've no doubt that right things are said and taught here, and that individuals will be helped by what they learn. However, there aren't the conditions which exist when brethren gather to the Name of the Lord Jesus, and make way for the Spirit. In that area, where divine principles are held, and there's suitable conditions - holy conditions - divine speaking can be heard. There, the word comes in power. It's presented to me authoritatively, so that I know it's authentic, and even if I don't happen to like it, if some adjustment is needed with me, I must accept it as the word of God.
Amen! And a truth for a child isn't the same level of truth for an adult.

I don't think many care who is in charge as long as they still get to hold onto their game of faith that pushes their pride and are promised nice things.

This is the kind of comment that gets people's backs up. It is completely unnecessary and is not conducive to forum peace and friendship.

Why on earth would you state that faith is a game for some? Who would that be? Pushes pride? Are we not promised wonderful things by God?

2 Peter 1:2-4
Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Last edited:
And that is step in line with the Charsmatic Pentacostal denominational teaching.
That which has been revealed to our sister may be very similar to the Charismatic Pentacostal teaching, yet she does not belong to that denomination. I have probably a very similar revelation to that of the Baptist denomination. I am not a Baptist, however, I would not be offended if someone pointed that out. In fact, I would agree with them that I hold similar views. They are my brothers and sisters also, cause we belong to the same church. (y)

Notice that Jesus did not physically heal EVERYONE...crowds would throng Him...some touching Him...some beging for Mercy, some for healing but he healed some here and some there (mostly for the glory of God). Likewise we see the Father heals some and does not heal all. And stranger still, even in the Bible God brings healing trough us sometimes medicinally....Timothy's gut virus is ministered to by a little red wine (which in fact effects the intestinal flora)....God tells Isaiah to minister to Hezekiah's boils by having him make and apply "plasters" (poultices)....Jesus heals one kind of blindness by making an ointment out of Saliva and a particular type of clay....Paul is left with his thorn in the flesh....and so on...

Some illnesses were caused by beings invisible to the eye (some of the devils and some maybe not) today we have proved most illnesses ARE caused by life forms invisible to the eye (we call them bacteria)....

Just some thoughts to add....

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back