Pastor doesn't want members praying or reading bible together

omg you guys are so smart and i love all your words so much. i am joining this church in sacramento ca. and they tell us to get to know each other and go fellowship with each other in the Word or out of it, whatever, they aint tripin, wow, that is an awesome church, right! lol

Was the law given through scripture? Is it not through scripture we know the law? Brother, I am not trying to change anything. I simply read scripture, and believe what it says.

Curtis,
The Law was ONLY until Jesus came. The law was to show how bad or wrong one was when compared to Gods ways. Again this is a far stretch trying to use Galatians 3:19 or even John 1:17

You seem to be trying to place scripture together to prove your thoughts that really do not go together in that sense.
Jim

@CCW95A @Euphemia @Major
Here is something that maybe bring some light into this.

The phrase “word of God” appears often in the Bible and can have a slightly different meaning depending on context and the Hebrew or Greek word used. John 1:1 says, “In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.” Here, Word is a title of the Lord Jesus. The term translated “Word” is logos, which basically means “the expression of a thought.” Logos can be thought of as the total message of God to man (Acts 11:1; 1 Thessalonians 2:13). Jesus embodied that total message, and that is why He is called the “Logos,” or “Word,” of God (Colossians 1:19; 2:9).

Logos is also used many times when referring to the written message of God (John 17:17; 1 Timothy 4:5; Revelation 1:2; Colossians 1:25). Hebrews 4:12 says, “The word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” Jesus showed a link between the written Word of God and Himself, in that He is the subject of the written Word: “You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me” (John 5:39).

Another Greek word used for “word” is rhema. Rhema refers to the actual spoken/written words of God (Hebrews 6:5). When Jesus was being tempted by Satan, He answered, “Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word [rhema] that proceeds from the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:4). We are told in Ephesians 6:17 to “take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word [rhema] of God.” Jesus demonstrated we need the actual recorded words of God to overcome Satan’s attacks.

The phrase “word of God” means more than the printed words on a page. God is a communicator and has been speaking into the human realm since the beginning. He speaks through His creation (Psalm 19:1), through ancient prophets (Hosea 12:10; Hebrews 1:1), through the Holy Spirit (John 16:13; Acts 16:6), through Scripture (Hebrews 4:12), and through the Person of His Son, Jesus Christ (John 14:9). We can learn to know God better by seeking to hear Him in every way that He speaks.

Curtis,
The Law was ONLY until Jesus came. The law was to show how bad or wrong one was when compared to Gods ways. Again this is a far stretch trying to use Galatians 3:19 or even John 1:17

You seem to be trying to place scripture together to prove your thoughts that really do not go together in that sense.
Jim
Lord these guys, u know what they mean to me, blooooooow in what ever area they need in power, in love, they mean so much to u first, and me and God they will be needed on this forum for what's coming, Praise God, Hallelujuah!!! Lol

If we are told to have the "faith" of Abraham which is the father of us all.

Rom 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Can anyone on this forum tell me exactly where did Abraham get his faith from? What scriptures did he use to get his faith? There were "0" scriptures for Abraham to get his faith from. If we are to have the "faith" of Abraham how shall we go about getting it?

Galatians 3:8 says "and the Scripture (Strong's Definition: From G1125; a document, that is, holy Writ(or its contents or a statement in it): - scripture) forseeing that God would justify the nations by faith preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand saying "in you all the nations shall be blessed"

Last edited:
Which is exactly what I have been talking about in this whole thread. Faith comes by "hearing the Word of God." Does faith come by reading scripture? It does not!!!
You have to make up your mind, you either receive faith by reading scripture, or by hearing the Word of God. Which one do you think is right?

God has commanded us to have His Word in 4 places, and as His Word is in those 4 places then it is in our spirits in abundance
Proverbs 4:20-21
20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.

Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success

Deuteronomy 30:14
14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart (inner man through meditation and reading and hearing), that thou mayest do it.

Romans 12:2
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God

God Bless

Last edited:
The same for "Enoch" who walked with God, and God took him for he pleased God. Enoch never had any scripture to get faith from, but he did hear the voice of the Word of God which gave him faith.

The Word of God is just that whether it comes from the voice of God or written down by man for us to read. It still comes with the same validity and truth.

Originally the Word of God was passed on by word of mouth as is told to us in Deuteronomy 4:9-10; 6:7; 11:19.

Portions of the scriptures were written by God Himself as seen in Exodus 24:12 (Deuteronomy 5:22); Exodus 31:18; 32:16; Hosea 8:12.

These were recognized as the Word of God even at the time they were written as verified in 2 Thessalonians 2:15; 2 Peter 3:15-16.

The Old Testament scriptures were so completely and unquestionably recognized as the Word of God that often the phrases "God said" and "the scripture saith" became interchangeable in the minds of the NewTestament writers.

1.) "For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, For this purpose did I raise thee up .............................. Romans 9:17
2.) "And the scripture ... preached the gospel beforehand unto Abraham..."............ ......................Galatians 3:8
3.) To the writers of the New Testament the phrase "it is written" meant "God has said...............Acts 23:5; Romans 12:19; 15:9
4.) When the New Testament writers quoted from the writings of Moses or David, etc. the words were attributed to God Himself.
Hebrews 1:6, quoted from Deuteronomy 32:43; Psalms 47:7
Hebrews 1:7, quoted from Psalms 54:4
Hebrews 3:7 "the Holy Ghost saith ..."
Hebrews 9:8 "the Holy Ghost this signifying ..."

Was the law given through scripture? Is it not through scripture we know the law? Brother, I am not trying to change anything. I simply read scripture, and believe what it says.

Galatians 3:19............
"Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels.........."! .

Which is exactly what I have been talking about in this whole thread. Faith comes by "hearing the Word of God." Does faith come by reading scripture? It does not!!!
You have to make up your mind, you either receive faith by reading scripture, or by hearing the Word of God. Which one do you think is right?

I have been trying to understand where you are coming from in all your comments but I have to be honest and say that you are being very, very confusing and IMO very close to heresy if not already there.

To say that faith does not come by reading the Scriptures is totally wrong!

Do you not know (evidently not) that It is the Word of God that produces faith. Someone could receive faith while hearing a sermon teaching the gospel, someone else by reading about Jesus in the Bible—any time the true gospel of Jesus is communicated, there is potential for faith. This is why it’s of paramount importance for believers everywhere to be obedient to the Great Commission and tell people what Christ has done for humanity. Faith is not the product of a preacher’s compelling presentation, his eloquence, or even his theological soundness—faith is given through the message about Jesus whether it be vocal or written or in video. This is the means God has chosen the means by which men can be saved and it can include all sorts of mediums including the reading of the Word of God..

I have been trying to understand where you are coming from in all your comments but I have to be honest and say that you are being very, very confusing and IMO very close to heresy if not already there.

To say that faith does not come by reading the Scriptures is totally wrong!

Do you not know (evidently not) that It is the Word of God that produces faith. Someone could receive faith while hearing a sermon teaching the gospel, someone else by reading about Jesus in the Bible—any time the true gospel of Jesus is communicated, there is potential for faith. This is why it’s of paramount importance for believers everywhere to be obedient to the Great Commission and tell people what Christ has done for humanity. Faith is not the product of a preacher’s compelling presentation, his eloquence, or even his theological soundness—faith is given through the message about Jesus whether it be vocal or written or in video. This is the means God has chosen the means by which men can be saved and it can include all sorts of mediums including the reading of the Word of God..

Brother, Faith only comes from one place, and one place only, hearing the voice of the living Word of God!!! There is no other way, unless you want to change what scripture has already told us. Again, the purpose for ALL scripture is to "testify, (point to that Jesus Christ is the Son of God), for correction, for doctrine, for reproof, and for instruction in righteousness:" (2 Tim 3:16) (John 5:39) ALL scripture points to the fact that Jesus is the Son of God. This is what Jesus Christ himself, and the Apostle John has told us!!! Let me explain to you how this works.

When a person hears the "scriptures", what does this do? It is "instructing a person in righteousness", by testifying that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Now what? Once a person finds this out by the scriptures, which testify, and points to the fact that Jesus Christ is Son of God (the living active Word of God) The scriptures "instructs" that person again on how to get this person (the living Word of God) to be their savior.

Rom 10:9.. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10.. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

While all this is going on who do suppose is knocking on the door of that persons heart drawing them to come to him? Whose voice are they hearing that is speaking directly to them? Who did Abraham, and Enoch hear? Where did their faith come from? We are told to have the faith of Abraham. How did Abraham receive his faith? There is only one way to get faith, and that is by hearing the voice of the living Word of God. We receive faith in exactly the same way they did, except they did not have scripture that pointed to Jesus Christ, but God told Abraham that in him and the nations shall be blessed, and His seed (Jesus Christ) would inherit all the land as a everlasting inheritance.

Galatians 3:19............
"Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels.........."! .
Who was that Angel (messenger)? How did we find out what the law said? Scriptures. Did Jesus tell us that the law given to us through an angel (messenger) would ever pass away? (Matt 5:18) Yes it will, but the living Word of God will NEVER pass away!! Who was that "Angel" in the burning bush that spoke to Moses? Who did he claim to be?

Last edited:
Who was that Angel (messenger)? How did we find out what the law said? Scriptures. Did Jesus tell us that the law given to us through an angel (messenger) would ever pass away? (Matt 5:18) Yes it will, but the living Word of God will NEVER pass away!! Who was that "Angel" in the burning bush that spoke to Moses? Who did he claim to be?

Can I share with you how are you missing this????

As you are coming from the Charismatic teachings you have a different view regarding rhema and how it should be understood.
I would encourage you to begin doing some in depth study on "rhema" and it ramifications so as to help your understanding.

You see, Charismatics view rhema as the voice of the Holy Spirit speaking to them at the present moment. They believe they should be guided by the Holy Spirit through inner feelings, impressions and experiences. There is also the belief that you are speaking of where the spoken word has more power than the written word, but there is no biblical basis for such a belief.

The test of the authenticity of a rhema from God is how it compares to the whole of Scripture. Orthodoxy says that God will not speak a word that contradicts His written Word, the Scriptures, so there is a built-in safeguard to prevent misinterpretation. The obvious danger is that one who is not familiar with the logos can misinterpret or misunderstand what he or she perceives to be a rhema.

Galatians 3:8 says "and the Scripture (Strong's Definition: From G1125; a document, that is, holy Writ(or its contents or a statement in it): - scripture) forseeing that God would justify the nations by faith preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand saying "in you all the nations shall be blessed"
Sister, anything inspired by God is holy and very good as scripture was given to us for....

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Jesus told us that all scripture testifies to who he is (John 5:39), and he himself "interprets" the scriptures to us. Some one might say, I thought the Holy Spirit does that. He does, as in Christ lives and dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.(Col 2:9) We can not have one without having the other two as all the Godhead works together. All scripture is in effect, and active, and will never pass away until it brings to pass it's intended purpose, and then it will no longer be needed. The Lord God who is the living Word of God will never not be needed, and will never pass away. When the Lord God inspired men to write scripture it was to give man the needed instruction so he could operated in righteousness, and to reproof, and correct man when he gets off course. It has a time limit on how long these scriptures were to be active. The Bible contains the words that God has said in the past, and they will continue until the time when they are no longer needed. All scripture will eventually pass away, but the living active Word of God who is Jesus Christ will never pass away. Who is eternal the words spoken by God or the one who spoke them?

1Co 13:8.. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.
1Co 13:9.. For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
1Co 13:10.. but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.

Notice: Love (God) will never end as he is eternal. but look at prophecies shall pass away, tongues will cease, knowledge will pass away. Why ?because once a Child of God becomes "perfect" (mature) at certain point in time all these things will no longer be needed. All of these things are "instructions given to us as a means of operating in righteousness, and they are given to us through scripture!, but they all will pass away. The living active Word of God that God who spoke these things will never pass away.
There will come a time when "
every knee shall bow, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the Glory of God"
This is exactly what person says to receive salvation, but the only problem here, is that at this time salvation will have been past, and will no longer work!!
All the scriptures that instructs a person in how to receive salvation will have passed away. On the New earth there will be no more need for instructions on how to receive salvation, as every one there will already be saved. Scripture will pass away one day, but the living active Word of God will never pass away.

Last edited:
Can I share with you how are you missing this????

As you are coming from the Charismatic teachings you have a different view regarding rhema and how it should be understood.
I would encourage you to begin doing some in depth study on "rhema" and it ramifications so as to help your understanding.

You see, Charismatics view rhema as the voice of the Holy Spirit speaking to them at the present moment. They believe they should be guided by the Holy Spirit through inner feelings, impressions and experiences. There is also the belief that you are speaking of where the spoken word has more power than the written word, but there is no biblical basis for such a belief.

The test of the authenticity of a rhema from God is how it compares to the whole of Scripture. Orthodoxy says that God will not speak a word that contradicts His written Word, the Scriptures, so there is a built-in safeguard to prevent misinterpretation. The obvious danger is that one who is not familiar with the logos can misinterpret or misunderstand what he or she perceives to be a rhema.

Brother the Pentecostal, and Word of faith people believe that there is the "written Word of God, and it is the same as the spoken Word of God, in two different forms, but being the same. I do not go along with that thinking, so do not say it is because I am a Pentecostal, or Word of faith movements person that I have this belief.
I am not a Pentecostal, or Word of Faith person, I am simply a Christian believer!

This is correct as there were no scriptures at the time of Abraham to look to. All he had was the voice of the living Word of God, which is all we need to understand and interpret the Holy scriptures to us as the living Word of God who speaks directly to us. :)

Last edited:
Brother the Pentecostal, and Word of faith people believe that there is the "written Word of God, and it is the same as the spoken Word of God, in two different forms, but being the same. I do not go along with that thinking, so do not say it is because I am a Pentecostal, or Word of faith movements person that I have this belief.
I am not a Pentecostal, or Word of Faith person, I am simply a Christian believer!

I am sorry Curtis but I can not accept your claim. The truth is that your past comments on Bible doctrines say otherwise.

I am sorry Curtis but I can not accept your claim. The truth is that your past comments on Bible doctrines say otherwise.
Does anybody have "pure" doctrine? Nobody has sense we are all learning new things daily. There are things that I believe that are in line with other denominations, but I am not a part of any of them.

Back