Plants and Alcohol

In the bible and the state of Uganda are against smoking marijuana but many people in Uganda they uses marijuana as medicine, they boil it and drink it for malaria , flu etc.
Is this dangerous for born again?

The bible says no to drunkenness, in Uganda 50% take alcohol and 80% knows how to prepare alcohol, my neighbour has alcohol in his house one day my son entered into neighbor"s house with his friends and they played with a jerrycan of alcohol when he came back he told me and i seriously warned him.
After few days my wife was deeply cutted and my neighbour used alcohol as first aid instead of spirit. When i came back before i entered the house my son came and he told me the story what had happed to his mother, and asked me this :- Is my mother still a born again? Is she still with Holy spirit? What are you going to do my mama?
And his mother asked me that have i done wrong?

My brothers and sisters at cfs is it bad to use alcohol as spirit?

As you have had this story who is wrong my neighbor, my wife or me?

God Bless You.

Drinking alcohol is no good as its toxic to the liver but it can sometimes be used externally to clean up a wound because it kills germs, its antiseptic.

Marijuana can be dangerous when smoked becasue of the cannabanoids affect people. While it can reduce pain, the other properties make it highly addictive.

You can use other plants as medicine for antiseptic or to alleviate pain that arent dangerous or harmful. I am not an expert though but depends on the situation. Bee stings for example, just apply honey. Flu, honey again with lemon and ginger. Tea tree oil or eucaltyptus is a good anti-septic, anti-fungal and anti-bacteria.

In the bible and the state of Uganda are against smoking marijuana but many people in Uganda they uses marijuana as medicine, they boil it and drink it for malaria , flu etc.
Is this dangerous for born again?

The bible says no to drunkenness, in Uganda 50% take alcohol and 80% knows how to prepare alcohol, my neighbour has alcohol in his house one day my son entered into neighbor"s house with his friends and they played with a jerrycan of alcohol when he came back he told me and i seriously warned him.
After few days my wife was deeply cutted and my neighbour used alcohol as first aid instead of spirit. When i came back before i entered the house my son came and he told me the story what had happed to his mother, and asked me this :- Is my mother still a born again? Is she still with Holy spirit? What are you going to do my mama?

God Bless You.

Greetings Pastor Mayende,

You ask an interesting question. I assume that your question is about using alcohol as a spirit (aka: consuming alcohol).

It is my interpretation of Scripture that our Lord does not have an issue with the responsible consumption of alcohol. After all, turning water into wine was Jesus’ first miracle: “What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.” (John 2: 11). There are other passages that support this opinion, such as: “He makes grass grow for the cattle, and plants for people to cultivate— bringing forth food from the earth: wine that gladdens human hearts…” (Psalm 104: 15 – 14).

On the other hand, He does have an issue with the abuse of alcohol: ”Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit,” (Ephesians 5: 18).

So, to answer your question, I see nothing to indicate that consuming alcohol violates God’s command; as long as it is consumed responsibly, in moderation and in respect of others: “If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died. Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil. For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.” (Romans 14: 15 – 18). I think this piece of scripture would apply to something like consuming alcohol in the company of an alcoholic or in the company of someone who does not believe consuming alcohol is a “Christian thing to do.”

As we know, Jesus enjoyed a glass of wine on many occasions, so I think you and your family are on good terms with this. As for using alcohol to clean up an injury, there is nothing wrong with this. I would suggest; however, that you use medicinal alcohol, to avoid walking around smelling like Scotch :)

Blessings to you and your family,

rtm3039

You ask an interesting question. I assume that your question is about using alcohol as a spirit (aka: consuming alcohol).

It is my interpretation of Scripture that our Lord does not have an issue with the responsible consumption of alcohol. After all, turning water into wine was Jesus’ first miracle: “What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.” (John 2: 11). There are other passages that support this opinion, such as: “He makes grass grow for the cattle, and plants for people to cultivate— bringing forth food from the earth: wine that gladdens human hearts…” (Psalm 104: 15 – 14).

On the other hand, He does have an issue with the abuse of alcohol: ”Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit,” (Ephesians 5: 18).

So, to answer your question, I see nothing to indicate that consuming alcohol violates God’s command; as long as it is consumed responsibly, in moderation and in respect of others: “If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died. Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil. For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.” (Romans 14: 15 – 18). I think this piece of scripture would apply to something like consuming alcohol in the company of an alcoholic or in the company of someone who does not believe consuming alcohol is a “Christian thing to do.”

As we know, Jesus enjoyed a glass of wine on many occasions, so I think you and your family are on good terms with this. As for using alcohol to clean up an injury, there is nothing wrong with this. I would suggest; however, that you use medicinal alcohol, to avoid walking around smelling like Scotch :)

rtm3039

Here are two Bible verses that warn against excessive use of alcohol:

Proverbs 20:1...……….
"Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler, and whoever is led astray by it is not wise. "

Gal. 5:21...……………...
"Envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

We all know a family where someone was killed by a drunken driver. We all know of a family that has an alcoholic member and how that has destroyed that family. It has been my observation that consuming alcohol is a doorway drug to marijuana and then onto cocaine and then heroin.

Personally I advise abstanice as it is the only way to be sure that we do not do waht Paul warns us of when he exhorts Christians in Romans 14:21 to abstain from drinking alcohol in situations where doing so could cause their brothers or sisters in Christ to stumble.

"Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler, and whoever is led astray by it is not wise. "

"Envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

We all know a family where someone was killed by a drunken driver. We all know of a family that has an alcoholic member and how that has destroyed that family. It has been my observation that consuming alcohol is a doorway drug to marijuana and then onto cocaine and then heroin.

Personally I advise abstanice as it is the only way to be sure that we do not do waht Paul warns us of when he exhorts Christians in Romans 14:21 to abstain from drinking alcohol in situations where doing so could cause their brothers or sisters in Christ to stumble.
Major,

Really?

Ok, looks like I stand corrected:

BACKGROUND:
The Gateway Drug Theory suggests that licit drugs, such as tobacco and alcohol, serve as a "gateway" toward the use of other, illicit drugs. However, there remains some discrepancy regarding which drug-alcohol, tobacco, or even marijuana-serves as the initial "gateway" drug subsequently leading to the use of illicit drugs such as cocaine and heroin. The purpose of this investigation was to determine which drug (alcohol, tobacco, or marijuana) was the actual "gateway" drug leading to additional substance use among a nationally representative sample of high school seniors.

METHODS:
This investigation conducted a secondary analysis of the 2008 Monitoring the Future 12th-grade data. Initiation into alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use was analyzed using a Guttman scale. Coefficients of reliability and scalability were calculated to evaluate scale fit. Subsequent cross tabulations and chi-square test for independence were conducted to better understand the relationship between the identified gateway drug and other substances' use.

RESULTS:
Results from the Guttman scale indicated that alcohol represented the "gateway" drug, leading to the use of tobacco, marijuana, and other illicit substances. Moreover, students who used alcohol exhibited a significantly greater likelihood of using both licit and illicit drugs.

CONCLUSION:
The findings from this investigation support that alcohol should receive primary attention in school-based substance abuse prevention programming, as the use of other substances could be impacted by delaying or preventing alcohol use. Therefore, it seems prudent for school and public health officials to focus prevention efforts, policies, and monies, on addressing adolescent alcohol use.

Ref: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22712674

rtm3039

What happens is the older brothers, sisters influence their younger siblings drinking habits.
I rememeber the first time I tried alcohol I was about 9 or 10 years old at a party, the olderr children were encouraging us younger ones to drink it. It was cask wine. i remember it being disgusting and wondering why they wanted me to drink something so foul.

In adolesence, when youngsters drank mostly they would be sick and vomit into the bushes. If they drank even a little tthey would soon show signs of being intoxicated, get violent, dizzy, loud, and do stupid things.

One of my so called boyfriends who I went out with, I didnt know that he was alcoholic. He was years older than me and I didnt know the signs of someone who drank everyday or binged. Well he would be lewd and crude and just say weird stuff and txt and random times. It took me a while to figure out he was just drunk. But 'just drunk' meant he had deeper issues he wasnt willing to face.

I had a workmate who admitted she had a drinking problem. But she was kind of using me as an excuse cos when we went out, she would always want to go somewhere were she could have a glass of wine. I wouldnt drink, but I couldnt stop her from drinking if she wanted to. And she often wanted to. She was pretty miserable when drunk.

Ok, looks like I stand corrected:

BACKGROUND:
The Gateway Drug Theory suggests that licit drugs, such as tobacco and alcohol, serve as a "gateway" toward the use of other, illicit drugs. However, there remains some discrepancy regarding which drug-alcohol, tobacco, or even marijuana-serves as the initial "gateway" drug subsequently leading to the use of illicit drugs such as cocaine and heroin. The purpose of this investigation was to determine which drug (alcohol, tobacco, or marijuana) was the actual "gateway" drug leading to additional substance use among a nationally representative sample of high school seniors.

METHODS:
This investigation conducted a secondary analysis of the 2008 Monitoring the Future 12th-grade data. Initiation into alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use was analyzed using a Guttman scale. Coefficients of reliability and scalability were calculated to evaluate scale fit. Subsequent cross tabulations and chi-square test for independence were conducted to better understand the relationship between the identified gateway drug and other substances' use.

RESULTS:
Results from the Guttman scale indicated that alcohol represented the "gateway" drug, leading to the use of tobacco, marijuana, and other illicit substances. Moreover, students who used alcohol exhibited a significantly greater likelihood of using both licit and illicit drugs.

CONCLUSION:
The findings from this investigation support that alcohol should receive primary attention in school-based substance abuse prevention programming, as the use of other substances could be impacted by delaying or preventing alcohol use. Therefore, it seems prudent for school and public health officials to focus prevention efforts, policies, and monies, on addressing adolescent alcohol use.

Ref: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22712674

rtm3039

Whoa! I was not correting you my dear BROTHER. I was only giving you my understanding of the Scriptures witrh an opinion.

The bible says no to drunkenness
Indeed.

God Bless You.

Am not sure (in green font), but i think it is in the category of say, that kids, children says the funniest things (?) :)

In my opinion:
Alcohol, STRONG wine is fine to treat wound (EXTERNAL application)
But it is interesting to note, if taken orally (INTERNAL) it does slows the healing:

Excerpt:
History of wine in wound healing
As more recent research has revealed, wine may have actually been useful as a disinfectant – that is, if it was strong enough, which most wines today are not. For a study published in the British Medical Journal, researchers soaked several different types of bacteria in different dilutions of wine and found that pure wine (undiluted by water) was the most effective in killing off these bacteria.

Effect of drinking wine on wound healing
Institute researchers concluded that, despite its various health benefits, wine as well as other foods and liquids that contain resveratrol may be bad for wound healing.

note: the link, I think we need to be careful when posting research, precisely i also click the "ABOUT" of the site: it looks/reads credible

rtm3039
Greetings bro. rtm3039,
Thank you for this advice but there is some thing i want to share with you, Jesus didn't change water in to wine with His willing but it was the desire of people (John 2:4) He asked His mother that why do you involve me in this? Let me give my testimony one day i went to the bar to preach the word of God but i found people and they told me that i first buy for them beer before i preach, i did not have nothing to do but just to buy for them beer but it was not my willing. This is what happed to Jesus.

The bible tell us not to choose what the pagans choose (1 peter 4:3) and Gal. 5:16-21 tell us to do what the Holy Spirit requires.

Romans 14:15-18 the bible allowed us to eat and drink everything, Yes but it has said no to alcohol. ( 1 peter 4:3, Gal. 5:16-21, Eph. 5:18)

My brother Jesus enjoyed a glass of wine, Yes you are correct but we have many types of wine, so what type of wine did Jesus enjoyed?

God Bless You.

Reactions: aha
Greetings bro. rtm3039,
Thank you for this advice but there is some thing i want to share with you, Jesus didn't change water in to wine with His willing but it was the desire of people (John 2:4) He asked His mother that why do you involve me in this? Let me give my testimony one day i went to the bar to preach the word of God but i found people and they told me that i first buy for them beer before i preach, i did not have nothing to do but just to buy for them beer but it was not my willing. This is what happed to Jesus.

The bible tell us not to choose what the pagans choose (1 peter 4:3) and Gal. 5:16-21 tell us to do what the Holy Spirit requires.

Romans 14:15-18 the bible allowed us to eat and drink everything, Yes but it has said no to alcohol. ( 1 peter 4:3, Gal. 5:16-21, Eph. 5:18)

My brother Jesus enjoyed a glass of wine, Yes you are correct but we have many types of wine, so what type of wine did Jesus enjoyed?

God Bless You.

1 Thess. 5:22...........
"
reject every kind of evil."

Biblical “wine” is grape juice that may or may not have fermented. However, the wine of today has considerable more alcohol than wine in the first century.

Jesus did not drink modern wine. The methods for fermenting highly-alcoholic wine had not yet been invented. Jesus’s opponents accused Him of being a “wine-drinker” from the Greek oinopoteis, because He came freely eating and also drinking grape juice unlike John the Baptist who restricted his eating and drinking (Matt 11:18–19; Luke 7:33–34). These antagonists appear to accuse Jesus of moderately drinking alcoholic wine. However, when the reader considers the wedding that Jesus attended in Cana and Jesus’s institution of the Lord’s Supper, then His drinking of wine is not what many presume.
Source>>….https://godsbreath.net/2011/05/20/did-jesus-drink-wine/

1 Thess. 5:22...........
"
reject every kind of evil."

Biblical “wine” is grape juice that may or may not have fermented. However, the wine of today has considerable more alcohol than wine in the first century.

Jesus did not drink modern wine. The methods for fermenting highly-alcoholic wine had not yet been invented. Jesus’s opponents accused Him of being a “wine-drinker” from the Greek oinopoteis, because He came freely eating and also drinking grape juice unlike John the Baptist who restricted his eating and drinking (Matt 11:18–19; Luke 7:33–34). These antagonists appear to accuse Jesus of moderately drinking alcoholic wine. However, when the reader considers the wedding that Jesus attended in Cana and Jesus’s institution of the Lord’s Supper, then His drinking of wine is not what many presume.
Source>>….https://godsbreath.net/2011/05/20/did-jesus-drink-wine/

Major, I had really never thought much about content. If appears that, on average, beer is 4.5 percent; wine is 11.6 percent; and liquor is 37 percent, according to William Kerr, senior scientist at the Alcohol Research Group of the Public Health Institute.

The "may or may not" is a good way of framing the comment, as we really do not know; however, since the bible has many illustrations of people getting drunk on wine, my vote is for the "may" view. My humble opinion is that wine is an alcoholic beverage, even it the contact is .01. I've actually read that back in the day, wine was a bilker drink and, until it was mixed with water, might have actually held much higher alcohol content.

Truth be told, I have consumed almost every kind of alcohol beverage available. I lived in Germany for almost 15 years and those guys can ferment anything. As an older and wiser man, I believe that the issue is moderation and responsibility. J

On the other hand: Proverbs 23:29-35 (NIV) asks:

29 Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaints? Who has needless bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes?
30 Those who linger over wine, who go to sample bowls of mixed wine.
31 Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly!
32 In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper.
33 Your eyes will see strange sights, and your mind will imagine confusing things.
34 You will be like one sleeping on the high seas, lying on top of the rigging.
35 “They hit me,” you will say, “but I’m not hurt! They beat me, but I don’t feel it! When will I wake up so I can find another drink?”

rtm3039

Can I ask people here at what age they first started drinking alcohol, and do you remember what it was like.
There is a reason why children are banned from drinking it, because it affects the brain. Also if a pregnant mother drinks it, it will affect her baby. There is a thing called FAS fetal alcohol syndrome, its a very bad disorder.

In China I heard there were currently no real laws against the sale of alcohol so anyone can buy and drink, but then they do not have a culture of drinking wine, except using rice wine in cooking. The alcohol content gets burned off in cooking.
My mother only used rice wine in cooking, never drank it.

In NZ we have a bad drinking culture, many people die from car accidents related to people driving drunk, they lose judgement, drive too fast and crash. Prior to the 1960s, there was a phenomenon called the 'six o clock swill' which related to closing times of pubs (bars) and the bar tenders encouraged everyone to drink as much beer as they could before they closed, so the people got drunk.

We had prohibtion for a few years and thats how women got the vote in my country, because of drunk men. I'll explain later. We also have 'dry' area bylaws, where alcohol cannot be bought or sold except under licence.

Can I ask people here at what age they first started drinking alcohol, and do you remember what it was like.
There is a reason why children are banned from drinking it, because it affects the brain. Also if a pregnant mother drinks it, it will affect her baby. There is a thing called FAS fetal alcohol syndrome, its a very bad disorder.

In China I heard there were currently no real laws against the sale of alcohol so anyone can buy and drink, but then they do not have a culture of drinking wine, except using rice wine in cooking. The alcohol content gets burned off in cooking.
My mother only used rice wine in cooking, never drank it.
Lanolin,

If I recall correctly, I had my first alcoholic drink at around the are of 15. It was Southern Comfort (whiskey). It was with friends and enjoyable, until I had too much. Came home drunk as a skunk and my mom was not very impressed. I drank so much of it, I have not had Southern Conform eve again.

Back in those days (late 70s) no one checked for ID and I and my friends freely purchased alcohol and cigarettes from our local stores.

Now, here is the sad part. The three people involved were me, Javier, and Henry. We grew up together are were life-long friends. We wanted to become police officers and all three of us did. Now, there is a pre-disposition for alcoholism. Neither I nor Henry have that pre-disposition; however, Javier did. Javier's dad was an alcoholic. Later on in our lives, he became an alcoholic and almost lost his job a a police officer. His drinking continued; however, to the point where his wife of 25 years divorced him and I ended my friendship with him (We just gave up trying to help him). Two years ago this past January 1st, Javier apparently ran out of alcohol and went out to buy more (by then he had been living alone for almost 10 years and he and I had not spoken in over three years). When he got back home, as he was walking back into his house, he fell and struck his head on a rock. Later on that morning, his neighbor found his body by the drive way. The medical examination noted that he died from the injuries sustained to his head; however, his blood alcohol level was so high that the medical examiner opined that, had he not died from hitting the rock, he would have died that night from alcohol poisoning.

Javier died at the are of 58, months before becoming a grandfather.

Unfortunately, Henry still drinks "hard alcohol." I, on the other hand, now only occasionally drink a glass of wine. I did not stop drinking "hard alcohol" for fear of becoming an alcoholic, I just lost interest in those types of things.

rtm3039

Aw thats sad. One of my dads friends said his brother was an alcoholic and couldnt stop drinking, lost his wife and family because of it.
A church member still looks after her husband who, has actually stopped drinking but still has the effects of alcoholism after giving up. Hes now got early signs dementia.
One of my friends brother died in a booze fueled fight overseas. He was always drinking. She has another friend who shes always talking about her bizarre behaviour when drunk. I have not ever met this friend she talks about all the time, and dont really know why shes friends with her, but she was saying this so called friend turned up at her fathers funeral late and drunk. If it was me I wouldnt tolerate it and would intervene and get her into rehab!

I went out with a guy once who later I found was addicted to both marijuana and alcohol. He wouldnt smoke or drink around me and never saw him intoxicated, until his other girlfriend rang me and said you know im going out with him...!
Well after he stole money from me (possibly for drugs) and I got the police to check him out, I think they finally arested him after he evaded them for a while, denied he stole from me, BUTgood thing was he actually fessed up to his addiction and got into rehab.

He stayed in rehab and kept trying to contact me to visit but By that time I had enough of his 'using' me for a friend and cut all contact. I left it with God and everything so Lord knows where hes at for now but, what a drama people create when they are addicted.

No thanks. I can do without it. If this is what alcohol, does to people, turns them into violent people who steal and lie and ruin peoples lives or neglect their children, I can live without it.

Aw thats sad. One of my dads friends said his brother was an alcoholic and couldnt stop drinking, lost his wife and family because of it.
A church member still looks after her husband who, has actually stopped drinking but still has the effects of alcoholism after giving up. Hes now got early signs dementia.
One of my friends brother died in a booze fueled fight overseas. He was always drinking. She has another friend who shes always talking about her bizarre behaviour when drunk. I have not ever met this friend she talks about all the time, and dont really know why shes friends with her, but she was saying this so called friend turned up at her fathers funeral late and drunk. If it was me I wouldnt tolerate it and would intervene and get her into rehab!

I went out with a guy once who later I found was addicted to both marijuana and alcohol. He wouldnt smoke or drink around me and never saw him intoxicated, until his other girlfriend rang me and said you know im going out with him...!
Well after he stole money from me (possibly for drugs) and I got the police to check him out, I think they finally arested him after he evaded them for a while, denied he stole from me, BUTgood thing was he actually fessed up to his addiction and got into rehab.

He stayed in rehab and kept trying to contact me to visit but By that time I had enough of his 'using' me for a friend and cut all contact. I left it with God and everything so Lord knows where hes at for now but, what a drama people create when they are addicted.

No thanks. I can do without it. If this is what alcohol, does to people, turns them into violent people who steal and lie and ruin peoples lives or neglect their children, I can live without it.
Lanolin,

I’ve lived a long life and, unfortunately, have seen many people succumb to their demons. Life on this earth – our “fleshy lives” - come with many instances which are difficult, at best, and, on too many occasions, overwhelming.

I spent so much of my own life being an unbeliever that I am amazed I survived this long. I look back on my life and I am thankful that, even as an unbeliever, God still watched out for me. As an unbeliever, I always noticed how fulfilled believers were. Now that I am a willing member of God’s family, I see why this was the case.

Our lives are full of both good and bad moments. No matter what you achieve in life, our lives here on earth will have them both and this continues throughout our lives. Allowing God to enter our lives do not end the hard times, but we no longer go through them alone and are comforted in the knowledge that a “happy ending” to our individual stories will be the conclusion of this mortal existence.

rtm3039

Major, I had really never thought much about content. If appears that, on average, beer is 4.5 percent; wine is 11.6 percent; and liquor is 37 percent, according to William Kerr, senior scientist at the Alcohol Research Group of the Public Health Institute.

The "may or may not" is a good way of framing the comment, as we really do not know; however, since the bible has many illustrations of people getting drunk on wine, my vote is for the "may" view. My humble opinion is that wine is an alcoholic beverage, even it the contact is .01. I've actually read that back in the day, wine was a bilker drink and, until it was mixed with water, might have actually held much higher alcohol content.

Truth be told, I have consumed almost every kind of alcohol beverage available. I lived in Germany for almost 15 years and those guys can ferment anything. As an older and wiser man, I believe that the issue is moderation and responsibility. J

On the other hand: Proverbs 23:29-35 (NIV) asks:

29 Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaints? Who has needless bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes?
30 Those who linger over wine, who go to sample bowls of mixed wine.
31 Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly!
32 In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper.
33 Your eyes will see strange sights, and your mind will imagine confusing things.
34 You will be like one sleeping on the high seas, lying on top of the rigging.
35 “They hit me,” you will say, “but I’m not hurt! They beat me, but I don’t feel it! When will I wake up so I can find another drink?”

rtm3039

I also drank everything made at one time in my life and I have experienced every single thing those verses warn us about.

Just wanted to add a touch of levity to the thread from my weather analysis background:

Q: Where did the TV meteorologist stop for a drink on the way home from a long day in the studio?
A: At the nearest ISOBAR.

Yeah - I know ... I'll stop, now.

;)

Back