POLITICS HAS REPLACED THE CHURCH!

I only see the dragon, which is Satan/ devil. As I had mentioned before, there are 3 beasts in chapter 13. There is no mention of anti-Christs…..
I beg your pardon, my bad. I was referring to chapter 13.

The Beast (Koinē Greek: Θηρίον, Thērion) refers to the anti-Christ. He comes from out of the "Sea" which is a picture of peoples./Gentiles.
The 2nd Beast is the False Prophet from out of the Earth which represents and Empire. He is AN anti-Christ also.
The 3rd Beast is Satan .

Last edited:
Aah, I’m not aware that we are commanded to be witnesses of Jesus. (?) I’m sorry, but I don’t agree with you there.
In some of the gospel accounts, if you read in context, Jesus was talking to His apostles to go out into all the world and preach the gospel….NOT to everyone, though.
Jesus taught the disciples.
The disciples became the Apostles and they taught those they came into contact with.
The Apostles wrote the New Test and the same Holy Spirit in them is in us.

1 Peter 3:15. ........
"Be ready to give a defense for your hope in Christ."

Romans 1:16. ..........
"Do not be ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation."

Colossians 4:5-6. .......
"Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt."

Matthew 28:19-20
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age"

Acts 1:8, ..........
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

If someone did not witness/tell you the gospel.......how do you think you got saved.

To be brutally honest here.......I am having a problem understanding why we are having a discussion on whether or not born again believers are to be witnesses for Christ.

Is it a play on the word "witness" or is Debra saying that Christians should not be witnesses for Christ!

Would someone fill me in!

To be brutally honest here.......I am having a problem understanding why we are having a discussion on whether or not born again believers are to be witnesses for Christ.

Is it a play on the word "witness" or is Debra saying that Christians should not be witnesses for Christ!

let debra explain

If believers aren't supposed to be witnesses, how are they supposed to spread the gospel?🤔

If one refuses to acknowledge the faith of those with whom one disagrees, particularly in terms of political persuasion or assumes that, considering ones self Christian, that those who see Him and the world through different context, what happens to brotherhood?

Editor of Christianity today and former SCB official Speaks out *

* Neither the linked article, nor any accompanying adds should necessarily to be taken to be the position of the Christian Forum Site or myself.

Hello everyone,

Let’s all remember that everyone has opinions and all are entitled to express their opinions as long as CFS rules and guidelines are followed.

Here is a link: 'Forum Rules'
https://christianforumsite.com/threads/forum-rules.29546/

This is an open forum that wants to encourage all members to share their thoughts, views and opinions. After all… it is why we are here, to share in Christ.

If we don’t agree, then we can move on to something we do agree on and remain in fellowship.

So let’s all strive to remain prayerful and focused on Jesus in our fellowship here at CFS.

Thank you and God bless.

You seem to be using the definition of witness as "an eye witness" to have seen, personally. Do you have a testimony of how you came to know Jesus as your LORD and Savior?

If one refuses to acknowledge the faith of those with whom one disagrees, particularly in terms of political persuasion or assumes that, considering ones self Christian, that those who see Him and the world through different context, what happens to brotherhood?

Editor of Christianity today and former SCB official Speaks out *

* Neither the linked article, nor any accompanying adds should necessarily to be taken to be the position of the Christian Forum Site or myself.
Tribalism, factionalism, and identity politics are indeed major problems in American society, but the greater problems are ignorance and a lack of critical thinking. Those who misunderstand the meaning and purpose of Christ's teachings, applying to them a current political application rather than an eternal kingdom application, are ignorant and distracted from God's will.

No sir, it’s not an opinion, it’s pretty much fact. I’m quite sure I didn’t witness the murder of God over 2000 yrs ago. I’m speaking to y’all based on faith alone. I believe God’s word, and what I’m reading, but I’m not a “Witness” to these events.
Are you a faithful witness to what God has done in your life? One day it may cost you your life!...

Revelation 6:9
When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne.

Revelation 12:11 ESV
And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.

Here are a couple of resources you can look over
The word "martyr" comes originally from the ancient Greek legal term for "witness", for someone who gives testimony or evidence in a court of law. In the face of Roman persecutions of early Christians in the first three centuries of the Common Era, when Christian believers were put on trial for refusing to participate in state religious activities which were regarded as a civic duty incumbent upon all Roman citizens, the word took on an entirely new meaning. Witnessing to one's faith, giving testimony to one's most deeply held personal convictions in court under threat of torture and even death, became for these people the strongest calling that Christians could respond to and a way for them to directly imitate Jesus's suffering and death on the cross. https://cmsw.mit.edu/reconstruction...d "martyr" comes originally,in a court of law.

martyr (n.)​

"one who bears testimony to faith," especially "one who willingly suffers death rather than surrender his or her religious faith," specifically "one of the Christians who in former times were put to death because they would not renounce their beliefs," late Old English martyr, from Late Latin martyr, (source also of Old French martir, Spanish martir, Italian martire, etc.), from Doric Greek martyr, earlier martys (genitive martyros), in Christian use "martyr," literally "witness."

I’m not disputing any of the verses you gave, but some were taken out of context.
In Matt. 28:16, refers to after Jesus was risen, He took the 11 apostles (men) to a mountain and told them to make disciples of all the nations. I don’t see where Jesus told this to the rest of the saints. This mission was completed by the apostles back then….

Again, Acts 1:8, is referring to the apostles Jesus was speaking to (1:1-4). They (Jesus and the apostles) were on Mt. Olivet (vs 12), He told them to stay in Jerusalem so that they could receive the Holy Spirit. When He was done speaking to them, He ascended to Heaven in front of them. The apostles then came down the mountain and went to Jerusalem, and waited in an upper room with some women, and His brothers (vs 12-14).

Later on, Peter began to preach to 120 disciples (vs 15) of Christ, and he talked about who would take Judas’ place as an apostle. God chose Matthias to be numbered among the apostles, since God knows every heart.

Yes, Acts 2:38, commands us to repent and be baptized. The Spirit guides us and teaches us, but the miraculous gifts have ceased.
Debra, can you please take a moment and explain what your agenda is. Are you saying that we as believers are NOT to tell the story of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ because we are not "Eye Witnesses" of that event?

NONE of the 72 that Jesus sent out were Apostles and did not witness the event. How do you explain that?????

Then there is the TWO withnesses in Rev. 11:3......
"And I will give power unto my two WITNESSES, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth."

Then what do you say about The 144,000 K who are specially appointed witnesses during the great persecution at the end of the age.

Debra......A witness in the Bible is a person who calls attention to something other than himself, one who is called upon to give—or to be—evidence of something. He gives—or is—witness.

Have you considered that there are NO Apostles today. The last Apostle died 2000 years ago Debra. The gospel of the Lord Jesus has been spread by the witness of the church to the world.

Last edited:
We are to do His will in the New Covenant/ New Testament. To live humbly, to live a quiet life, to do all things in honesty, be good examples to all men, because Christ lives in us. To know the scriptures, and to be able to dispute false ones. Able to share the good news, if possible…..
Debra, I just wondering if you Have you given out the gospel and explained to anyone and asked them if they would then like to receive Christ as their Saviour?

Last edited:
No sir, it’s not an opinion, it’s pretty much fact. I’m quite sure I didn’t witness the murder of God over 2000 yrs ago. I’m speaking to y’all based on faith alone. I believe God’s word, and what I’m reading, but I’m not a “Witness” to these events.
Debra......you are speaking to a bunch of people here who feel exactly as YOU do!

None of us here was an "Eye Witness" to the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jeus Christ! That is a fact.

However.....by faith we believe in the EYE WITNESS accounts given to us in the Bible. We then can explain/tell what faith in the Lord Jesus Christ has done for each one of us as we have witnessed that take place in our lives.

You of course are free to believe and have your own opinion, and I encourage that 100%, it just seems to mee that in this case you are being a little to "Literal" in your understanding of the word "witness" and this comes from one of the worlds biggest "literalists"!

Blessings to you and welcome to the forum!

If believers aren't supposed to be witnesses, how are they supposed to spread the gospel?🤔
Christ was a witness for the Father.

The Apostles were a witness for Christ.

The church was a witness for the Apostles and the Bibles is actually a witness for the whole story of God and creation.

Debra has just misunderstood the term "Witness" as a legal word instead of a Bible word.

I can see Major is hung up on the word “Witness” and is misunderstanding the fundamentals of what it means to be a Christian. I believe that you adhere to a different doctrine, one that skews scriptures. Our conversation is DONE/ Ended. I don’t believe in JW’s doctrine….
I am sorry you feel that way Debra. I was just trying to understand what you are trying to say to us.

If I have skewed the Scriptures, I would appreciate you showing me how I did that.

MODERATOR CAUTION:

This thread is getting very close to being eliminated from this forum.

Once again, personal belief systems are in conflict in a thread at CFS.

Find common ground and stop the bickering.

NO ONE in the General Membership is immune from discipline.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Back