Questions On The Book Of Revelations

Speaking of Area 51....I looked it up on google earth a while back.....now even after removal and reloading/installing, I can't get it to run. It just closes on me. Didn't even see any aliens there.

Did I mention "Project Gabriel"? Using the Geo sync satellites, HAARP, cell/ RF towers, radiation in the atmosphere to create illusions and noises in the atmosphere?

I was told to respect my elders which I have done with you Rusty. We can agree to disagree on things, which is okay. With reading 1st Corinthians 15 I saw something interesting, which goes with what I stated about what happens when we die. I give Him praise for guiding me to all truth...

1st Corinthians 15

The Risen Christ, Faith’s Reality

1Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

3For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures(Scripture fulfilled), 4and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures(Scripture fulfilled), 5and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. 6After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. 7After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. 8Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.

9For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

The Risen Christ, Our Hope

12Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. (Matthew 27: 52-54 dead resurrected after Jesus death and appeared too many as proof He is the Messiah)14And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. 15Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise. 16For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. 17And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! 18Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable.

The Last Enemy Destroyed

20But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 24Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.27For “He has put all things under His feet.”a But when He says “all things are put under Him,it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. 28Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

Effects of Denying the Resurrection

29Otherwise, what will they do who are baptized for the dead, if the dead do not rise at all? Why then are they baptized for the dead? 30And why do we stand in jeopardy every hour? 31I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. 32If, in the manner of men, I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantage is it to me? If the dead do not rise, “Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die!”b

33Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.” 34Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame.

A Glorious Body

35But someone will say, “How are the dead raised up? And with what body do they come?” 36Foolish one, what you sow is not made alive unless it dies. 37And what you sow, you do not sow that body that shall be, but mere grain—perhaps wheat or some other grain. 38But God gives it a body as He pleases, and to each seed its own body.

39All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one kind of fleshc of men, another flesh of animals, another of fish, and another of birds.

40There are also celestial bodies and terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory.

42So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption.43It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.”d The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

46However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. 47The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lorde from heaven. 48As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. 49And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bearf the image of the heavenly Man.

Our Final Victory

50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”g55“O Death, where is your sting?hO Hades, where is your victory?”(Scripture fulfilled) 56The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. (Jesus fulfilled all scriptures)

58Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

This is what I have been talking about. If you only believe in a partial fulfillment then meaning the Rapture theory is wrong… 16For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. 17And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! 18Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable.

The Rapture is modern term in Christian eschatology which refers to the "being caught up" discussed in 1 Thessalonians 4:17, when the "dead in Christ"(Believers in Jesus dead and buried are absent in the Body, and present with the Lord) and "we who are alive and remain" (which means all of us who breathe, eat and sleep on this earth now and forever, will be caught up in the clouds after we die, to meet the Lord in the air) will be "caught up in the clouds" to meet "the Lord in the air".[1]
Many have been lead astray in this false teaching which twist the scriptures thinking that we are taken up in the flesh, which Paul clearly states that we are to die first. Jesus died. So why would we be an exception to what is misleading to the masses?

I certainly did not mean to upset you my dear. I had no intention of being judgmental. Personally I thought that there had been direct answers given and all I said was to confirm such.

If that hurt you I am truely sorry because there was no intent to do so.

I know you didn't and I'm sorry for getting defensive. I undestand that a lot of peoples "enthusiasm", so to speak, comes from defending their beliefs and not necessarily geared towards the person who originated the post.

He's referring to this scripture, Rusty~

42So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption.43It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.”d The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

Steve, if Revelations has come to past, according to the bible, wouldn't we all know? Also, why are we then preaching the Word to others in order to save them? I thought once is done and over with no one will need to be saved.

1 Thessalonians

5 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5 You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6 So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. 8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. 9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10 He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 12 Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13 Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 14 And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.

If that day has come to pass (like a thief in the night), why are we still "warning" people?

2Thessalonians
6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you 7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might.

Yet there are still unbelievers in this world?

Darn...25 minute edit window. My last and final question was: Do you believe in some parts of the bible but not others? If so, I can see why you would hold the beliefs you currently have. I hope you answer the questions...they are not rhetorical and I am genuinely interested in your responses! :)

Hmmm yes well I suppose I could also take some of ol' doc Rusty's prescription meds but I don't run windoze and besides I keep forgetting to open Libre Office Doc Which is like MS office Word......except that it actually works. Really, I haven't found any word proc that can hold a candle to Word Perfect. Wonder if I could run that under UNIX with an emulator?

Well, I have always had an affinity for Tinkerbell and truth be told, she is my alias on other sites. I am too often in a pensive mood and like to change it up from time to time.:cool:

That pic is from Jan 2012 Mr. Calvin :p

I'm gunna go to bed it is late......I looked at that Nipponese rabbit and thought it was in Tink's post...it is late and my brain is overheating....must be:(

Yes...I know, Life: That still has nothing to do with anything before Christ's return and the Judgment Day. Immortality is a gift give "at the Last Trump", not beforehand.

Rusty.........would you agree with me that immortality of the spirit/soul is something that we all have BUT the place when we spend it is our choice?

I will answer your question this evening Lifeasweknowit.

Also I will hopefully explain. In america the rapture happens during tribulation/revelation. That is why I brought it up.

Shalom...

Back