Questions On The Book Of Revelations

Hope this is what you are talking about Lifeasweknowit...
Because it wouldn't make sense if you believed ALL of revelations has already been completed FOC. That would mean we are living in a world of pure peace or heaven, should I say, and that these verses are correct now:

[3] And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
[4] And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
However, they are not! I still cry. I still have pain. I still hate my life and life in sin from time to time. I am still tempted by Satan.

(Satan is bound which means we are accountable for our actions?) The law is written on our hearts and we are to seek the Lord. All has been fulfilled.

John is referring to after death. Jesus conquered death.
I might completely be misinterpreting what you are saying FOC but if revelations has occurred then the basis of the WHOLE BIBLE IS BOGUS, then what on earth are we doing here? That or are we currently living in hell??Moreover, if you believe what the bible says, then you know this can't be hell because that is not how it was described.
Something just isn't adding up with partial or full preterism.

In Revelation 21:1-7 John is talking about the new covenant.

All Things Made New

1Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away.(Jesus death and resurrection) Also there was no more sea(Sea refers to a natural body of water contained and not free flowing). 2Then I, John,a saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.(Jesus descends) 3And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He(Jesus) will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”(After death of the ones who believe)5Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me,b “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”6And He said to me, “It is done!c I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7He who overcomes shall inherit all things,d and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8But the cowardly, unbelieving,e abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

2nd Corinthians 5:5-9

5Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.6So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. 7For we walk by faith, not by sight. 8We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

The Judgment Seat of Christ

9Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. 10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

I dont have time to read through everything right this moment, but if I am way off in my interpretation of Revelations and the end times, I would hope no one is placating me by not pointing out the obvious. I can't learn that way.

Steve, not trying to be difficult,(a natural talent) but referring to your reply #176, what part of that belings to Tik and what part is yours? Easy to forget to insert quotes,......done it myself:eek: But tis a weee bit difficult. can you maybe repost a tidied up version?

Lifeasweknowit, what was the purpose in posting a link to Matthewmagee.org?
He interprets revelation as a prophetic calendar BTW, which you already know I don't have any sympathy for.
That is no reason for you not being free to post as you are lead, just sayin.
If I'm coming across a bit testy, I just got in from a seminar thingy at the local Church were I felt obliged to tell the pastor to get down on his knees and repent.....I did say I'm outspoken didn't I?:cautious:

Some food for thought...............John sees the Lamb with a scroll that he opens one seal at a time. We are told that the scroll has writing on both sides. Rev 5:1. We don't know the length of the scroll between seals, however it seems that if it has writing on both sides it is full of information, a lot more than we are told about, a lot more than is usually reckoned.

We are told only of certain events that accompany the loosing of each seal. I notice that people who publish these interpretations, never mention that the scroll is crammed full of information,for example, Rev 6:1,2 the white horse and rider. It takes writing on both sides of the scroll to command the rider to go? I don't think so. However if all the exploits of each rider is detailed throughout history, then I can imagine that both sides of the scroll would be needed.
And so it goes on down through the six seals.

So it is likely that the writing between each seal details all the events under the influence of that seal, and that the duration of that influence will cover the time from of the revelation till the end.

Is this what we see?
Yes it is for each of the four horsemen concurrently.
Ask yourself was there or is it likely that there will be a time when only one of the horsemen will hold sway over humanity? No. There is no peace, there are wars, there is economic hardship there is death by pestilence and various other things.
All of these things can be found to be occurring throughout history and all at the same time.

Jesus warned that there would be wars and rumors of wars, that we should not think that they herald the end....so why do we?
As for Great Tribulation, that will happen, sometime within the time covered by the six seals.

Chapter seven begins with "after this I saw......" That does not require a continuation of new and never before happened events, only a showing of new detail..... a showing from a fresh perspective.
In short I believe that Revelation is not a timeline calendar of prophesy, but a revealing Of Christ's rule over all things both in Heaven and on Earth.

Lifeasweknowit, what was the purpose in posting a link to Matthewmagee.org?
He interprets revelation as a prophetic calendar BTW, which you already know I don't have any sympathy for.
That is no reason for you not being free to post as you are lead, just sayin.
If I'm coming across a bit testy, I just got in from a seminar thingy at the local Church were I felt obliged to tell the pastor to get down on his knees and repent.....I did say I'm outspoken didn't I?:cautious:

Oh, I didn't know that. :oops: I actually had no clue, I just thought he was explaining the Book of Revelations when I did a Google search.

The problem is that I have no clue what I'm talking about apparently and I need people to really help me but not with all of these analogies, scriptures and verbiage. I AM A TOTAL BEGINNER. I need to be spoken to as such. Simple language (in terms of theology) is helpful to me. Now if we were talking about research, statistics, photo/video editing, psychology, or even law, I would have a better time understanding. Also, it's so terribly difficult to read every little thing all of you are posting and understand it in its entirety because there is so much of what you all are posting, especially these scriptures, and I can't follow along correctly because I don't have the knowledge you have.

Essentially, I need you all to really point out when I'm off track. This will not hurt or offend me, rather it will make me a better and more informed Christian. Otherwise, I go along thinking I know what I'm talking to and then days
(or weeks) later I'm finally corrected and a little embarrased. :notworthy:

Oh, I didn't know that. :oops: I actually had no clue, I just thought he was explaining the Book of Revelations when I did a Google search.

The problem is that I have no clue what I'm talking about apparently and I need people to really help me but not with all of these analogies, scriptures and verbiage. I AM A TOTAL BEGINNER. I need to be spoken to as such. Simple language (in terms of theology) is helpful to me. Now if we were talking about research, statistics, photo/video editing, psychology, or even law,
Check out these then and let me know on their own threads what you think.
http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/this-has-been-my-favorite-since-about-1960.32255/
http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/glad-our-sun-doesnt-do-this.32256/
Just for a change of pace.

@Rusty~
Oh, OK, I only read about a quarter way through but it seemed legit. I need to watch my resources (clearly). The internet is great but can also lead to destruction of the mind.

Thank you for explaining the "poor girl" thing. Here in America it's a way of saying that you're being pitiful. I was able to read Calv's post thereafter ;)

We all need to be careful of cultural differences I guess. With so much TV content coming in from the USA, the gap is shrinking, but it still exists. I recall having to ask Rumely to explain "'Sup Calvin?", I thought it was a criticism of some kind:(

When reading the Revelation it helps to keep in mind what St. John was experiencing.
The Son of God, who he hasn't seen in years appears in a rather dramatic way and form and wishes him to pen a few letters, then off to view a startling array of images, most of which he would have a very difficult time understanding.
Think of being in a movie theatre with 10 screens all going at once, each with a different movie, none of which you know the plot for. Makes for a very confusing scene, and St. John, to his credit, did a wonderful job of trying to make some sense of it all and described things as best he could.

Back