Restoration Of The Nation Israel

Romans 11: 25-32.........
"Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written, “The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”;
27 “and this will be my covenant with them when I take away their sins.” 28 As regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For just as you were at one time disobedient to God but now have received mercy because of their disobedience, 31 so they too have now been disobedient in order that by the mercy shown to you they also may now receive mercy. 32 For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all."

Isaiah 60:10-15
"Foreigners shall build up your walls,and their kings shall minister to you; for in my wrath I struck you,
but in my favor I have had mercy on you.11 Your gates shall be open continually; day and night they shall not be shut,that people may bring to you the wealth of the nations, with their kings led in procession. 12 For the nation and kingdomthat will not serve you shall perish; those nations shall be utterly laid waste.13 The glory of Lebanon shall come to you, the cypress, the plane, and the pine, to beautify the place of my sanctuary, and I will make the place of my feet glorious.14 The sons of those who afflicted you shall come bending low to you,
and all who despised you shall bow down at your feet; they shall call you the City of the Lord, the Zion of the Holy One of Israel. 15 Whereas you have been forsaken and hated, with no one passing through, I will make you majestic forever, a joy from age to age."

Many people belive and teach that the Church has replaced the Natuion of Israel and that God is finished with Israel and the promises made to Israel are now valid upon the church. That is called "Replacement Theology". But when one actually reads Romans chapters 9-11, we can see that the crowning outcome from those chapters in God's Word is "THE FUTURE SALVATION OF ISRAEL."

The end point is that God promised to save Israel. The same mercy and grace that has come to and effected the Gentiles who were once disobedient toward God will overtake the disobedient nation of Israel. This revelation disclosed the mystery of God's purpose for Israel.

Israel's heartedness has not been total and now we learn that it will it be permanent. Israel's rejection of God did not force God to reject them. For out of Israel has come a believing remnant and this remnant is the first fruits of the salvation of Israel as a whole. Not every single person in Israel will be saved. I think we all recognize that.The message is of course to the individual and it is that they will have to turn from sins and to the Lord Jesus. That is the remnant and ALL of them will be saved. So then, it is the saved remnant that is in view as the nation of Israel.

The restoration of Israel has always been part of God's plan. This final restoration is not just for a faithful remnant but for all Israel. It is a plan of mystery and mercy.

So then, what was God's promise?

Isaiah 59:20-21
"And a Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who turn from transgression,” declares the Lord. “And as for me, this is my covenant with them,” says the Lord: “My Spirit that is upon you, and my words that I have put in your mouth, shall not depart out of your mouth, or out of the mouth of your offspring, or out of the mouth of your children's offspring,” says the Lord, “from this time forth and forevermore".

Jeremiah 31:33
"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people."

I submitt to you that these promises of God must be fulfilled. The new covenant will not be complete until it fully embraces the people of the old covenant. Therefore, Replacement Theology is an erroneouse and false teaching taking place today.

Last edited:
Amen, Brother. I am surprised sometimes at how much this precious truth of scripture is so hated.

Amen. We are an extremely priveleged people to be alive when God has begun the restoration of Israel. The nation was born in 1948---a direct fulfillment of Bible prophecy---only a few years after Satan attempted to wipe the Jews off of this earth (the holocaust). In 1967 the area of Israel grew----and it will continue to grow in the future, until all the physical land promised to the 12 tribes of Israel is reclaimed or fulfilled according to promise.

God has not finished with his earthly people, the Jews. He has a definite plan for them----and we are blessed to see this coming to pass. Thank you for sharing. Praise the Lord!

Just to add for interest sake. Daniel 9:24-27 says 490 years are given to the Jews to make reconciliation with God. Daniel states that it will be 69 "sevens of years" or 483 years until the time the Messiah comes to His Jewish people. Thus leaving 7 years to their sentence...ie the tribulation.

Amen, Brother. I am surprised sometimes at how much this precious truth of scripture is so hated.

I'm not sure I've encountered a lot of, if any, resistance to the idea that Israel will be restored. Mostly, I've found what people "hate" is the interpretation/application of that idea that "as a nation, our policy toward the modern secular state of Israel should be automatic total support by offering it complete military/political/financial assistance under any and all circumstances."

Major, you might like to add these to your list of proofs.
Isa 44: 21,22 Remember these things, O Jacob,
and Israel, for you are my servant;
I formed you; you are my servant;
O Israel, you will not be forgotten by me.
22 I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud
and your sins like mist;
return to me, for I have redeemed you.

Clearly this is talking about Israel (the people of God). To 'not be forgotten' means just that! There is no room for replacement here.

But note also, Isa 49:1,2,3 ,4,5,6,7.
1 Listen to me, O coastlands,
and give attention, you peoples from afar.
The LORD called me from the womb,
from the body of my mother he named my name.
2 He made my mouth like a sharp sword;
in the shadow of his hand he hid me;
he made me a polished arrow;
in his quiver he hid me away.
3 And he said to me, “You are my servant,
Israel, in whom I will be glorified.”1
4 But I said, “I have labored in vain;
I have spent my strength for nothing and vanity;
yet surely my right is with the LORD,
and my recompense with my God.”
5 And now the LORD says,
he who formed me from the womb to be his servant,
to bring Jacob back to him;
and that Israel might be gathered to him—
for I am honored in the eyes of the LORD,
and my God has become my strength—
6 he says:
“It is too light a thing that you should be my servant
to raise up the tribes of Jacob
and to bring back the preserved of Israel;
I will make you as a light for the nations,
that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth.”
7 Thus says the LORD,
the Redeemer of Israel and his Holy One,
to one deeply despised, abhorred by the nation,
the servant of rulers:
“Kings shall see and arise;
princes, and they shall prostrate themselves;
because of the LORD, who is faithful,
the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you.”

Notice in verse 3 that this servant is named Israel, but instead of the people in general, it is Jesus who is being spoken of, being named.

How then can Israel be replaced???
What I'm seeing here is the marriage of Israel as a purchased bride. The 'Bride price' has been paid in full.

One passage I like to remember is in Jeremiah 33:23-26 (as well as 31:35-36):

The word of the LORD came to Jeremiah: "Have you not observed that these people are saying, ‘The LORD has rejected the two clans that he chose’? Thus they have despised my people so that they are no longer a nation in their sight. Thus says the LORD: If I have not established my covenant with day and night and the fixed order of heaven and earth, then I will reject the offspring of Jacob and David my servant and will not choose one of his offspring to rule over the offspring of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. For I will restore their fortunes and will have mercy on them."

Where I live, we still have daytime and nighttime, so I know God has not forgotten His covenant with the nation of Israel. If God can break His promises with Israel, then He can also break His promises with us.

I'm not sure I've encountered a lot of, if any, resistance to the idea that Israel will be restored. Mostly, I've found what people "hate" is the interpretation/application of that idea that "as a nation, our policy toward the modern secular state of Israel should be automatic total support by offering it complete military/political/financial assistance under any and all circumstances."
I think that there is a problem there that so many Christians have become so fanatical about politically supporting Israel in everything, or in being willing to engage in endless wars for Israel's sake. When Israel finds her final deliverance, it will be the LORD God who delivers them, not the USA. I also have a problem with so many Christians who are so eager to support the rebuilding of the Temple. I understand why they do, but it seems to me that this is tantamount to denying the atonement of Christ. I am personally beginning to think that the rebuilding of the Temple may possibly involve the Anti-Christ. Certainly, we cannot hasten the coming of Christ in any way. He will come when he is ready.

Ahhh, so much peace, joy and assurance in God's promise to us, the Church, also, that is, if God didn't/doesn't keep all of His promises to Israel, if He should change His mind, then our assurance isn't sure either, ...He could change His mind about His Church too, but,

God is not a man that He should lie, neither the son of man that He should repent. Has He said, and shall He not do it? Or has He spoken, and shall He not make it good? Num 23:19 PTL

Restoration Theology is just a new take on that old lie from the Garden, "Did God really say?"

My heart goes out to those that are still listening to a talking snake.

Blessings my brothers,

Gene

I think that there is a problem there that so many Christians have become so fanatical about politically supporting Israel in everything, or in being willing to engage in endless wars for Israel's sake. When Israel finds her final deliverance, it will be the LORD God who delivers them, not the USA.
I agree with what you said, just this section got me thinking. You don't think God sees it as good works? I don't understand why God would see helping Jews in tribulation as good and not anything done prior? Sure Jews are not being hunted at the moment. But I believe helping Jews clearly shows a large part of our hearts intent is to please God.

Matt 25:31-46
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

That Judgement takes place at the end of the tribulation and it will determine what people or what races will be allowed into the Millennium to repopulate the Earth, ...depending on how they helped the Jews escape from the annihilation of the Anti-Christ.

The verse that is applicable to us today is,

And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curses thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. Gen 12:3

However, as the political climate of America shows,

For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. Rev 16:14

All nations will come to the battle of Armageddon, unfortunately that will include America.

Blessings,

Gene

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

I agree that the Bible teaches that we should seek to help "the least of these," but I don't see how that means we should give preferential treatment to the secular state of Israel. Just like the ancient nation of Israel was capable of doing wrong, so the modern state of Israel is capable of doing wrong. I don't think God will see it as "good works" if we support Israel through its wrongdoing. We should hold them as accountable as we would any other nation.

Last edited:
I think too many Christians over emphasized the prophetic import of the re-establishment of Israel. Sure, it was prophetically one of the most biblically significant events of our time. But, it was not God's final recovering of the nation when they will be called the children of God. I have heard Pastors quote Millennial passages and say they have been fulfilled in modern Israel's transformation of the desert, ect. Though Israel must exist before the end time events, they will not inherit the promises until Israel is regathered finally at the appearance of Christ.

So true Mr D, but don't you agree it's exciting for us to see the transformation that is taking place in Israel as God is working again with His chosen people, I mean, when we see on secular TV bountiful orange orchards and then a dirt road next to the border fence just 8' away, and on the other side, desert and desolation, ...the Promised Land is once again flowing with milk and honey, ...I'm from the San Joaquin Valley in California, it's called the bread basket of America and tiny little Israel isn't anywhere near it size and they are the third largest producer of fruit and veggies in the world?

It's true, the dry bones prophecy of Ez has been fulfilled, meat has covered them, but like you say they haven't been awakened yet because of the time of the Gentiles, and since June of '67 the time of the Gentiles has been running on overtime, so to speak, and I'm really glad for that, because I imagine, like a lot of us here, that have been saved in this overtime period, if God had awakened Israel in '67 I'd be Hell bound today. PTL

Blessings,

Gene

We should hold them as accountable as we would any other nation.

Ummm Roads, could you please tell me what they are doing wrong?

Let's see, during the Zionist Movement of the early 1900's the Jews legally bought all of their land back from the Arab owners (they legally own Israel), the Balfour Agreement gave them the right to become a nation, but the Arabs took back 67% of the land promised to them in the Agreement, their Arab neighbors have attacked them three times, each time Israel defeated them, they even took the Sinai Peninsula, but gave it back, then they gave up Gaza and then the West Bank, and now President Obama wants them to give up more land? Oh yeah, how about all of the rockets that have been launched at them and while we are talking about rockets, the UN has sanctioned Israel more than 270 times, but never once their Arab neighbors for the rocket attacks.

...so please, tell us what they have done wrong?

Gene

Ummm Roads, could you please tell me what they are doing wrong?

Let's see, during the Zionist Movement of the early 1900's the Jews legally bought all of their land back from the Arab owners (they legally own Israel), the Balfour Agreement gave them the right to become a nation, but the Arabs took back 67% of the land promised to them in the Agreement, their Arab neighbors have attacked them three times, each time Israel defeated them, they even took the Sinai Peninsula, but gave it back, then they gave up Gaza and then the West Bank, and now President Obama wants them to give up more land? Oh yeah, how about all of the rockets that have been launched at them and while we are talking about rockets, the UN has sanctioned Israel more than 270 times, but never once their Arab neighbors for the rocket attacks.

...so please, tell us what they have done wrong?

Gene

Some human rights offences committed by Israel have been acknowledged by the US government, as in this Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor report from last year: http://www.state.gov/j/drl/rls/hrrpt/humanrightsreport/index.htm?year=2012&dlid=204363#wrapper

While the report is generally favourable, the US does comment on Israel's institutionalised ethnic discrimination (see the section on National/Racial/Ethnic Minorities).

That's the simplest example, which I chose because it's something that's been acknowledged by the US government. I won't address other issues, because I don't really think this is the right thread do have a debate about what the state of Israel has or hasn't done. There is plenty of easily accessible academic discussion about this topic.

I guess, though, more than trying to address a specific "wrongdoing" that's happened, I was making an argument that Israel is a secular state that sets policies and makes decisions based on considerations other than following the will of God. It's perfectly capable of wrongdoing, like committing human rights offences. In the event that wrongdoing is discovered, it would be wrong that Israel should be exempt from accountability based on a Biblical prophesy that Israel will one day be restored. I was generally addressing the notion that some Christians hold that we should offer unilateral, unconditional support to Israel.

Last edited:
I'd say the simple answer to what ails national Israel is that they still reject their Messiah. When they get that right, they will be able to get everything else right and maybe the other nations will follow (y)(y)

Isa 56:6,7 “And the foreigners who join themselves to the LORD,
to minister to him, to love the name of the LORD,
and to be his servants,
everyone who keeps the Sabbath and does not profane it,
and holds fast my covenant—
7 these I will bring to my holy mountain,
and make them joyful in my house of prayer;
their burnt offerings and their sacrifices
will be accepted on my altar;
for my house shall be called a house of prayer
for all peoples.”

Last edited:
Ahhh, so much peace, joy and assurance in God's promise to us, the Church, also, that is, if God didn't/doesn't keep all of His promises to Israel, if He should change His mind, then our assurance isn't sure either, ...He could change His mind about His Church too, but,

God is not a man that He should lie, neither the son of man that He should repent. Has He said, and shall He not do it? Or has He spoken, and shall He not make it good? Num 23:19 PTL

Restoration Theology is just a new take on that old lie from the Garden, "Did God really say?"

My heart goes out to those that are still listening to a talking snake.

Blessings my brothers,

Gene

AMEN!

Some human rights offences committed by Israel have been acknowledged by the US government, as in this Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor report from last year: http://www.state.gov/j/drl/rls/hrrpt/humanrightsreport/index.htm?year=2012&dlid=204363#wrapper

While the report is generally favourable, the US does comment on Israel's institutionalised ethnic discrimination (see the section on National/Racial/Ethnic Minorities).

That's the simplest example, which I chose because it's something that's been acknowledged by the US government. I won't address other issues, because I don't really think this is the right thread do have a debate about what the state of Israel has or hasn't done. There is plenty of easily accessible academic discussion about this topic.

I guess, though, more than trying to address a specific "wrongdoing" that's happened, I was making an argument that Israel is a secular state that sets policies and makes decisions based on considerations other than following the will of God. It's perfectly capable of wrongdoing, like committing human rights offences. In the event that wrongdoing is discovered, it would be wrong that Israel should be exempt from accountability based on a Biblical prophesy that Israel will one day be restored. I was generally addressing the notion that some Christians hold that we should offer unilateral, unconditional support to Israel.

I for one must agree with "Just passing thru".

Of course Israel is a "secular" nation. Which nation is not one?

Human rights violations? I have yet to see any proof of a Jew beheading anyone.

Every person as well as every nation is capable of doing wrong.

IMO, the very fact that Israel IS in Biblical prophecy is the best reason to be friends and supporters of Israel.

Back