Revelation

Was this a pdf file? In any case, I didn't see anything about throwing away a key forever in Heb 6:2 or Mt 25:46

Hebrews 6:2 (KJV) Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of the resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Matthew 25:46 (KJV) And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Was this a pdf file? In any case, I didn't see anything about throwing away a key forever in Heb 6:2 or Mt 25:46

Hebrews 6:2 (KJV) Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of the resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Matthew 25:46 (KJV) And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
It is from the production I wrote 30 years ago for my church for a Sunday class.

Hebrews 6:2..........", and of eternal judgment."
Matthew 25:46....."And these shall go away into everlasting punishment".

"The door is locked and the key thrown away" was simply a personal euphemism I used to show how hopeless the position of those in hell would be.

REVELATION 21:1.............
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

After the 100o year Millennial Rule of Christ, God brings forth a NEW WORLD. The chief characteristic of this New World is that it is free from any taint of sin. The cancer of sin that has beset humanity since the Garden of Eden is over. No more death, no more sorrow, no more tears, pain or separation.

I thought that this would be the proper place to take a breath and revisit the order of events we have seen................

RAPTURE 1st Thess.4 Can happen at any time
(Between the Rapture and Tribulation is an unknown space of time, perhaps weeks or even days)

TRIBULATION Revelation 6-19 Antichrist and Israel sign a 7 year Covenant
(The Tribulation is a 7 Year space of time - 1st 3 1/2 years is peace and 3 1/2 years of Great Tribulation).

ARMAGEDDON .......................... Revelation 19 ............................... Last battle of the 3 1/2 year War
SATAN BOUND .......................... Revelation 20 .............................. He will be bound in the Abyss.
MILLENNIUM .......................... Revelation 20/Matthew 25 ....... Christ rules for 1000 Years.
SATAN LOOSED ........................ Revelation 20.............................. Happens at the end of the 1000 years.
BRIEF REBELLION...................... Revelation 20 ........................... 2nd Gog & Magog battle.
GREAT WHITE THRONE .......... Revelation 20 ........................... Final Judgment of lost of all the Ages.
NEW HEAVEN ......................... Revelation 21-22 ....................... New Heaven/New Earth with no sin
NEW JERUSALEM .................... Revelation 21-22........................ The CHURCH will be on display in this city

According to 2 Peter 3:12-13. the first earth is passed away. Peter says the Old Earth will be burned up.

Dr. J. Vernon MaGee says in his "Through the Bible" series that we have been living on THIS side of the atom since creation and now God is going to turn the atoms inside out and we will live on the OTHER side of them the rest of eternity. I have no idea whatsoever if that is true or not, but it is as good as anything I could have come up with.

Did you notice in this Scripture that there is "NO MORE SEA". Does that sound strange to you???????

It is not clear if this refers to ALL the seas of the earth or just the Mediterranean Sea. The earth now is covered by 70% of water.

Here is another thought..........How big will this New Earth be? We are not told. Same size, bigger, smaller?????

Last edited:
REVELATION 21:2........
"And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."

"I Saw" = Eye Gate! That seems to indicate a REAL place not something imagined.

John beheld the holy city, New Jerusalem, descending from heaven from God. Human beings have not been able to build a perfect city, but God is the builder of a city that is perfect. It descends from Him and is holy. Cities today are notorious for crimes committed in them, but God's city contains no crimes. It is holy as God is holy. The New Jerusalem is a real city, not simply a symbol. It is the eternal home of the bride which is the Church and All God's saints will live there eternally.

If you have been to any wedding, you already know that all brides are beautiful. I can remember back 53 years ago when my wife walked down the isle. She was BEAUTIFUL. A bride prepares meticulously to look her best for her wedding day, so this implies God plans to present the New Jerusalem as an exceptionally beautiful, carefully arranged city.

REVELATION 21:2........
"And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."

"I Saw" = Eye Gate! That seems to indicate a REAL place not something imagined.

John beheld the holy city, New Jerusalem, descending from heaven from God. Human beings have not been able to build a perfect city, but God is the builder of a city that is perfect. It descends from Him and is holy. Cities today are notorious for crimes committed in them, but God's city contains no crimes. It is holy as God is holy. The New Jerusalem is a real city, not simply a symbol. It is the eternal home of the bride which is the Church and All God's saints will live there eternally.

If you have been to any wedding, you already know that all brides are beautiful. I can remember back 53 years ago when my wife walked down the isle. She was BEAUTIFUL. A bride prepares meticulously to look her best for her wedding day, so this implies God plans to present the New Jerusalem as an exceptionally beautiful, carefully arranged city.
Reminds me of...

(1Co 2:9) But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

REVELATION 21:3..........
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

The language of the original Greek implies that this city has been in existance for sometime. (John 14:2-3).

That means it just did not come about after the 1000 year rule of Christ but was in fact Before John 14.

The church are preserved IN this city and after the earth is "purified" and renewed, it will be in this city safely.

Now the mechanics of how this is going to happen are not given and I am not going to try and tell you that I know how it will happen.
The Scriptures say it will, I accept them as printed and that is all there is to it. FAITH!

God will manifest Himself in this city just as He does now in heaven. This is THE reason why we must have a GLOEIFIED body.
We must have a body that is compatible to God's holiness less we be vaporized by His glory.

I believe this allows us to then understand what Moses meant when he said in Deuteronomy when he described God as a.......
"Buring fire of righteousness"!

REVELATION 21:4
"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

NO MORE SIN!

None of any kind. No suffering of any kind. Since we as believers will have "Glorified" bodies we will also have a New Nature. That new nature will conform to Christ and His righteousness. When sin is removed and Satan is gone, its companion of rebellion is also removed.

It is then that Isaiah 64:4 becomes real..............
"For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither has the eye seen, O God, beside you, what he has prepared for him that waits for him. "

REVELATION 21:5
"And He who sits on the throne said, 'Behold, I am making all things new.' And He *said, 'Write, for these words are faithful and true.'

When God created the heavens and the earth, including every living thing, including our first parents, "God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good" (Genesis 1:31).

However, when sin entered the world, it brought God's judgment upon all creation. Decay. deterioration, death, and dying scarred nature and human life. Today, nature groans to be delivered from the curse (Romans 8:22), and God's redeemed people anticipate their freedom from every vestige of sin (1 John 3:1–3).

Someday, God will make everything new: a new heaven and earth and a new freedom from sin. The prior chapter of Revelation described the ultimate defeat of sin and evil.
These final two chapters describe the victorious conditions which come about as a result. John also heard a voice from the throne affirm that God's declaration of His making all things new is completely dependable. His words are "trustworthy and true." Indeed, everything God says is trustworthy and true, as Titus 1:2 affirms: "God…never lies".

REVELATION 21:6
"And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely."

"It Is Done" = The whole drama of human history on the earth.

The eternal purpose of God to gather a holy and devoted people for Himself has been accompliahed.

Those who thirst for spiritual satisfaction find that Jesus gives it without charge. His grace saves and satisfies the thirsting soul. During His earthly ministry, Jesus told a spiritually thirsty woman at Jacob's well in John 4:14.........
"Whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life".

Also, the fourth beatitude in Matthew 5:6 promises that those who hunger and thirst for righteousness will be satisfied. That promise is fulfilled entirely and completely in eternity.

REVELATION 21:7
"He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son."

The reward for overcoming sin by asking Christ for mercy at the cross is to inherit all things. Since God is the Creator of all things, we as His children will have access to all things.

To me, that says that we will be able to travel to any place in the universe.

REVELATION 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

This is a picture of unbelievers.

Unbelievers are identified in this verse as the......
1. cowardly,
2. faithless
3. detestable
4. murderers
5. sexually immoral
6. sorcerers (here the word is PARMKIA from which we get the word PHARMACY = Drugs!)
7. idolaters, and
8. liars.

Cowardly unbelievers fear for various reasons. Some fear they might lose their possessions or their jobs or their friends or their comfortable life if they trust in the Savior. But, as Jesus taught, it is worthless to gain the whole world but lose one's soul (Mark 8:36).
The faithless lack trust in Jesus as Savior, the detestable are foul.

These unsavory characters experience the second death, which is eternal suffering in the lake of fire. Their refusal to trust in Christ had imprisoned them in their sins and subsequently in the lake of fire.

31 pages.

I haven’t read most of it, but I think I will go back and go over it again.

Thankyou M😇
I know what you mean. It's all very confusing.
maxresdefault.jpg

I know what you mean. It's all very confusing.
maxresdefault.jpg

The FOUR beasts came from a dream that Nebuchadnezzar had.

In 1 Daniel 7:1, he had “a dream and visions of his head while on his bed.” This is the same expression that was used in Daniel 2:28 concerning King Nebuchadnezzar’s “dream and visions” that came in the second year of his reign.

The two sets of dreams and visions were about 50 years apart; and they both describe four world empires that was to come.

The LION = The kingdom of Babylon
The BEAR = Medo-Persia
The LEOPARD = Greece under Alexander the Great
The TERRIBLE = Roman Empire

The FOUR beasts came from a dream that Nebuchadnezzar had.

In 1 Daniel 7:1, he had “a dream and visions of his head while on his bed.” This is the same expression that was used in Daniel 2:28 concerning King Nebuchadnezzar’s “dream and visions” that came in the second year of his reign.

The two sets of dreams and visions were about 50 years apart; and they both describe four world empires that was to come.

The LION = The kingdom of Babylon
The BEAR = Medo-Persia
The LEOPARD = Greece under Alexander the Great
The TERRIBLE = Roman Empire
Thank you. :)😊

REVELATION 21:9
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Perhaps this angel is the same one that had shown the apostle John the woman who sat on a scarlet beast.

Now the angel shows John another woman. Whereas the woman on the scarlet beast was thoroughly immoral, the woman of Revelation 21:9 is thoroughly pure. She is the Lamb's bride and wife.

From here on to verse #21 is the description of the City of New Jerusalem. The city will be the residence of the saints for all eternity. It is compared to a bride for its beauty and intimacy with the Lamb-Jesus Christ.

So...
The New Jerusalem is not the church, but it takes on some of the church’s characteristics. In his vision of the end of the age, the apostle John sees the city coming down from heaven adorned “as a bride,” meaning that the city will be gloriously radiant and the inhabitants of the city, the redeemed of the Lord, will be holy and pure, wearing white garments of holiness and righteousness.

Some have misinterpreted verse 9 to mean the holy city is the bride of Christ, but that cannot be because Christ died for His people, not for a city. IMHO, when the believers inhabit the city, they will be indistinguishable from the city itself so as to be ONE.

The city is called the bride because it encompasses all who are the bride, just as all the students of a school are sometimes called “the school.”

REVELATION 21:10
And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God

John reports in this verse that the angel carried him away to a high mountain, where he saw the holy city of Jerusalem descending from heaven from God. John was in the Spirit, when this occurred which means he could not have made a mistake.

A sharp contrast exists between historic Jerusalem and the New Jerusalem of the millennium and eternity. The former Jerusalem is often disrupted by internal and external strife. The New Jerusalem will be a city of perfect peace. Men designed and built the former Jerusalem. God is the designer and builder of the New Jerusalem. The Babylonians, Romans, and centuries later, the Gentiles of the tribulation overran the former Jerusalem. The New Jerusalem is secure, indestructible, and eternal.

Back