Revelation

Revelation 1:17
When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.

We see that John is totally overwhelmed at the sight of the glorified God-Man. John was the "disciple that Jesus loved the most:. They lived together for over 3 years. They were close but notice that John di not run to Christ and hug Him or shake hands. He fell at His feet and worship.

It is obvious that there is very little interest in this thread concerning the book of the Revelation. There has been no input or comments since December 18 so I think the best thing to do is to allow this thread and learning opportunity to die a natural death.

Major .....out.

It is obvious that there is very little interest in this thread concerning the book of the Revelation. There has been no input or comments since December 18 so I think the best thing to do is to allow this thread and learning opportunity to die a natural death.

Major .....out.
Noooo I am interested. Just have had little time for now. I'm on my way to Little Rock for the moment.

rtm3039

I would. I was following it before.. just didn't post because I did not have enough knowledge to discuss it... lol
I have since, read, re-read, listened to it every night for about 2 weeks straight, plus some lectures! So... I have my thoughts on it.

One thing I found interesting, is that it links back all other books in the Bible.. in one way or another.. the other books are like links in a chain... pretty fascinating.

I would. I was following it before.. just didn't post because I did not have enough knowledge to discuss it... lol
I have since, read, re-read, listened to it every night for about 2 weeks straight, plus some lectures! So... I have my thoughts on it.

One thing I found interesting, is that it links back all other books in the Bible.. in one way or another.. the other books are like links in a chain... pretty fascinating.

OK then!

I will be more than happy to pick it up where I left off at Revelation 1:18. PLEASE do allow yourself to be drawn into conflict or anger.
These are teachings I have been led to share over the years and I am not the final authority!!!!!

Please add to my comments as the Lord leads you and anyone who does or asks, we can discuss it.

Revelation 1:18.......
" I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

This confirms Colossians 1:16 where Paul says.........
""For by him (Christ)were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible".

This answers the question of some as to why Jesus Christ is the one who will judge. Because as the Creator, He and only He has the right legally to condemn and judge! I do not know about all of you, but I am one happy camper that it is Him and not me!!!!!

The Christian's death and resurrection are all in Christ's hands. In the gospels, each writer portrays Christ in a different. One is as an OX, MAN, A LION, AN EAGLE.

Here in Revelation 1, John, who claimed to be the favorite of Jesus, in verse 12 sees the glorified Lord Jesus as a JUDGE with all authority over all things.

Johns reaction in this vision is the same way that you and I will act when we see that same Jesus the Christ, vs 17........
"And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last".

Now to be totally honest, I wrote these words I am now posting for you all probably 40 years ago and when I wrote them then, I felt the very same way then as I do now. OVERWHELMED!

I will wait a few days and see how it goes and then go from there.

Hi Major
I am interested too. I haven't read the rest of your thread yet, so will pick ip from this page.
I agree that this is how all will react when we behold the Glory of His coming. John beheld Christ's Glory when He ascended into heaven. Yet this time the glorification must have been even greater?

I will probably be asking more questions than giving contents

Hello Major;

I read through all the posts and in post# 125 you felt there was little interest. I taught Revelation and could see our church members were either intimidated by the book and felt something terrible is going to happen to everyone so they shy away from Revelation.

The other thing was some of our members who rarely open their Bible would have a tough time reading and studying the passages, the symbols, or the depth of the meaning.

Other members who read their Bible still saw the book of Revelation in their own human thinking instead of digging deeper in the Spirit of this book. I was challenged because I had a difficult time leading this study and had to simplify the basic teaching of Revelation.

I'm encouraged that our members at CFS want to delve more into Revelation and am glad you decided to bring this discussion back.

God bless you and thank you, Major.

Revelation 1:19-20.........
"Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; 20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks."

This tells us the KEY to the book itself and gives us the outline of what we are reading..

"The things which thou hast seen = Chapter #1.........Christ.
"The things which are" = Chapter 2-3.........Seven Churches.
"The things that will be hereafter = Chapter 4-22.......Tribulation & New Heavens.

There is another "KEY" that will help our understanding. Revelation 1:1.......
"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John".

1:10 gives us an insight into what I am going to say............
"I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet".

If we were to go forward in time to the year 4000 and look at "things" and then write down what we saw, we would only be able to say what we saw in 2022 language and terminology. We could SEE and write down things but we would not really know what it was that we were seeing.

That is the same thing that happened to John. The Revelation is written in "WORD PICTURES"!

Pictures usually give us more than words do and that is why it is said......"A PICTURE is worth a 1000 words".

Allow me to illustrate. If you read about the Civil War, it is horrendous. However, if you go to Gettysburg Pa. and visit the Welcome Center and go through the Wall Mural painted in 360 degrees, the PICTURES immediately describe the horror of that war without one word being said and it will actually make you sick when you realize that there was probably at least ONE of your family members pictured in that painting.

This ends chapter one and remember, the book has Chronologic order to it and what we are seeing in chapter is the PAST to us today but the PRESENT to John 2000 years ago.

If you are blessed by this information, I will wait till Monday and see how it is received.

I will try and respond to any questions you ask!

Hello Major;

I read through all the posts and in post# 125 you felt there was little interest. I taught Revelation and could see our church members were either intimidated by the book and felt something terrible is going to happen to everyone so they shy away from Revelation.

The other thing was some of our members who rarely open their Bible would have a tough time reading and studying the passages, the symbols, or the depth of the meaning.

Other members who read their Bible still saw the book of Revelation in their own human thinking instead of digging deeper in the Spirit of this book. I was challenged because I had a difficult time leading this study and had to simplify the basic teaching of Revelation.

I'm encouraged that our members at CFS want to delve more into Revelation and am glad you decided to bring this discussion back.

God bless you and thank you, Major.

Agreed Bob. My biggest challenge in doing this over the years was that some of our church members already knew everything there was to know about the Revelation so at times it becomes a show of wills and intellect.
Of course those same people would not attend Sunday School and would never teach a class!!!!

But Pastor......I read Hall Lindsey and he said bla, bla bla, bla.
But Pastor......I read Perry Stones book and he said bla, bla, bla.

It can become the "Cliff Claven" syndrome and I will work to give information I have learned over the years instead of trying to sell a book.

Although..........Love offerings are accepted at BR549!!!

will be more than happy to pick it up where I left off at Revelation 1:18. PLEASE do allow yourself to be drawn into conflict or anger.

Didn't you intend to say, " PLEASE do not allow yourself to be drawn into conflict or anger" ? o_O

Just a reminder for us all:
We should all be able to "discuss" and learn without being disrespectful to one another. I imagine that not everyone will agree one every point made.
While it's ok to state a differing view in the forums, we must not "argue".

Didn't you intend to say, " PLEASE do not allow yourself to be drawn into conflict or anger" ? o_O

Just a reminder for us all:
We should all be able to "discuss" and learn without being disrespectful to one another. I imagine that not everyone will agree one every point made.
While it's ok to state a differing view in the forums, we must not "argue".

LOL!!!!! YES I DID! Thanks for the clarification! I appreciate input and thoughts and differant points of view but I do not lke to argue.

Really huge task Major, I hope God blesses you in it.

I have to honestly say right off the bat, I do not agree with your "Catching away" timing you mention in post #24, which sounds like a pre-trib rapture idea. I see the Ezekiel 38 nation alignment happening right now as Russia and its allies, minus Togarmah (old Cappadocia), which today is modern Turkey. That alignment is almost complete today.

When those nations come upon Israel per those Ezekiel 38 and 39 chapters, that is about the last day of this world with the battle of Armageddon. The Ezekiel 40 thru 47 chapters are Millennial chapters of Christ's future reign with His elect. So it's really not that difficult to see the change of the type events between Ezekiel 38 and Ezekiel 40 forward.

Regarding the Rev.1:3 idea of those who read and hear Revelation being blessed, I see that in the perspective of being given understanding in it with spiritual ears to hear and spiritual eyes to see, like what Jesus told His Apostles in Matthew 13 when they asked Him why He spoke to the multitudes in parable. I've heard some preachers say that one will be blessed just by 'reading' Revelation only, which never made sense to me, because that instead sounds like the following of some religious rite or formula with bypassing actual disciplined Bible study to receive understanding by The Holy Spirit.

Back