Revelation

China is fast becoming a world power economically as well right now. Looking at their current actions toward Taiwan because the speaker of the house visited there is cause for concern. They are building up their military to rival that of the U.S. and are not afraid to use it to get what they want.

China is fast becoming a world power economically as well right now. Looking at their current actions toward Taiwan because the speaker of the house visited there is cause for concern. They are building up their military to rival that of the U.S. and are not afraid to use it to get what they want.

Agreed.

Scriptures rarely go outside the confines of the ancient Roman Empire in predicting future events. An exception to this is the statement found Isiah 49:12 relating to the ultimate regathering of the nation Israel,.......
“Behold, these shall come from far: and, lo, these from the north and from the west; and these from the land of Sinim.”

Although it is not possible to be dogmatic as to the precise reference of “the land of Sinim,” conservative scholarship has generally agreed that the most probable explanation is that this refers to the ancient land of China.

Never in the history of the human race until now has there been an army of this size. The total number of men under arms in World War II on both sides of the conflict together never was more than fifty million.

REVELATION 9:17-19........
And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.
19. By these three plagues a third of mankind was killed—by the fire and the smoke and the brimstone which came out of their mouths. 19 For their power is in their mouth and in their tails; for their tails are like serpents, having heads; and with them they do harm. "

Again we see the words....." were as "= WORD PICTURES!

John is describing creatures in terms of HIS experience and Vocabulary---though with error as they looked just that way.
BUT WHAT ARE THEY??????

What do YOU THINK????

The heads of the horses resemble the heads of lions. This description compares with the description of the demonic creatures released earlier from the Abyss: "like horses prepared for battle…their teeth like lions' teeth" (Revelation 9:7–8).

The Bible often depicts horses in connection with war. Job 39:19–25 depicts the horse as mighty and brave enough to rush into battle. Verse 23 says, "Upon him rattle the quiver, the flashing spear, and the javelin."

Revelation 9:17 says fire, smoke, and sulfur proceed from the invading horses' mouths. As with the creatures of verses 7–9, some Bible teachers see in this description an allusion to modern warfare. One can imagine how a resident of the ancient middle east might try to describe a vision of a modern theatre of war.

The smoke and fire of cannons, tanks, helicopters, aircraft, rifles, and helmeted soldiers would evoke dramatic imagery from such a person. If this is true, then the army John sees is very literal. Whether such interpretations are correct, it is certain that the invading army is a powerful and deadly strike force.

REVELATION 9:20-21.........
"And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts."

What an absolutely astonishing statement!!!!!

After all of this, humanity does not repent! Their minds are seared with the hot iron of sin and the thought of God helping them is gone.

"SORCERIES: here in the original Greek is "PHAMAKEION" which we get the word Pharmacy/DRUGS!

From this we can see that the 5 major SINS of the Tribulation scene are the same ones we have today only at that time there will be NO RESTRAINING power of the Holy Spirit............

1. Occultism = Witchcraft & idolatry.
2. Murder
3. Drugs
4. Fornication = Sex/perversion
5. Stealing

God never does things without it being done slowly.

1. Creation took 6 days.
2. The Ark took 120 years.
3. The Flood took 40 days.
4. It took Moses 40 years to go 40 miles.
5. The Messiah was promised for 4000 years.
6. The end of the age was told to us 2000 years ago.

The point is that God works in methodical ways and logical processes allowing the whole world to become accustomed to His actions.
That removes any excuses about NOT KNOWING what is going on or why or from whom!

This ends Chapter #9. Next we go into Chapter #10 and #11 and both are "PARENTHECICAL". That means that they are an aside explanation of events happening during the Tribulation Period.

So before I go there...........please take time to review the information posted and make your comments and ask any question.

Now I may not have the answer you are looking for but maybe someone reading your question will be able to help YOU and ME as we are all on the path to learn more!!!!

OK. No input so we go on to Chapter #10..............
"And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire".

Just so that we are all clear, this is a PAENTHETICAL chapter. It is NOT in the chronological order and is an explanation od side events.

The first time the Bible uses a word or concept frequently sets the stage for how God inspired the human writers to use it throughout the rest of His Word, and clouds are no exception.

We find clouds first described immediately after the Flood, where they are linked to the sign of the rainbow and God's everlasting promise that He will never again flood the earth. Clouds of glory are used to describe the 2nd Coming of Christ.

Some say this is a n angel and some say that it is Christ Himself. Whichever it is does not in any way alter the book or its outcome. God's Plan marches on!

Now personally, I think that this is a very "Strong" Angel. I base that on just ME because Christ during this time frame is in heaven and Mariage Supper of the Lamb is taking place. I just cannot see Him leaving that event when He has so many of the heavenly host at His command.

Remember also that it was "Angels" who announced the 1st Coming of Christ!

Another thought is that when John has indicated that what He saw was the Son of God, he did so in rather plain easy to grasp language. That being the case, why not do so here?????

REVELATION 10:2-3..........
"and he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth, and cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices. "

Notice that the "Book" is already opened!

This would seem to indicate that the only one able to that is Christ. However, it is just as well said that Christ has already broken those Seals. Again, this is one of those where "NO explanation " is needed so please do not lose any sleep over it!

Now there is a play on the Greek words here........This scroll appears to be different from the scroll of chapter 5. The word for "scroll" here is biblaridion, whereas the scroll in chapter 5 is biblion. Perhaps the little scroll contains the mighty angel's orders for what he is to do.??????

Now............This mighty angel or Christ Himself, plants his feet on the sea and on the land. This action suggests he has full authority over the sea, probably the Mediterranean Sea, and the land, probably Israel. Now I say that only because the seal and trumpet judgments that Jesus initiates seem to target the Mediterranean region and the land of Israel/ Middle East----where in contrast, the future bowl judgments explicitly are said to affect the entire earth. Just something to consider.

We are not there yet and I do not want to jump ahead, but we will soon see that two beasts—2 evil men—hold diabolical control over, possibly headquartered in these regions (Revelation 13), but when Jesus returns to earth He judges these beasts and takes possession of the entire earth. Then He rules as king over all the earth (Psalm 47:2).
************************************************************************************************************************************************

REVELATION 10:4...........
"And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not."

I have heard men say that "I KNOW WHAT THOSE THUNDERS ARE".

Listen carefully..........."They are liars"!!!

LOOK at the Scripture.................."Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not."

NO ONE KNOWS!

WHY would then be the next acceptable question!

This omission is a strong argument for verbal inspiration; that is, God breathed out the words of the Bible. Second Timothy 3:16 teaches us............
"All Scripture is breathed out by God."

The doctrine of verbal inspiration assures us that God included everything in His Word, the Bible, that He wanted included and left everything out that He did not want to include in the Bible. In Revelation 10:4 we have evidence of His leaving out what He did not want to include in the book of Revelation. Apparently, what the seven thunders uttered would not have been "profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16).

This deliberate omission also reminds us of an important fact: mankind does not know everything. Behind the scenes, in ways we cannot imagine or understand, God is acting and working. This verse is a perfect example of this concept in action. God tells us what He wants us to know, and what we need to know. Just because we do not see, or do not understand, does not mean something is not happening.

Revelation 10:5-6
"And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer'.

This Scripture just may answer the question as to who this angel is. The implication is that God is greater than this angel, it would mean that it was Jesus as they are not equal. If it is Jesus, then He is swearing by Himself which would be very odd.

The Greek phrase here is....." chronos ouketi estai". Translations such as the KJV phrase this as "there should be time no longer," which is woodenly literal but extremely misleading when read in plain English. It does NOT mean that the end of time has come at this point on the Revelation.

The point of this statement is that God's merciful work of restraining evil, holding back catastrophe, or delaying judgment for sin is now at an end. From this point forward, all things in the end times will occur at their "natural" pace, so to speak. God will no longer intervene to stave off the inevitable.

NO MORE DELAYS. The last of the Judgments are about to begin ....The Bowl/Vial judgments.

We hear now everyday about Climate Change. Severe weather all over the globe. High temperatures, cold temperatures.

Now, I am NOT advocating Global Warming and neither am I discounting it. All I am saying is that we use some common sense here.

Is the Weather worse now than 100's of years ago??????

May I suggest..........."It's the TECHNOLOGY"!

Which speaks to the phrase: “Despite common perception”. The speed of weather tracking and communications technology curve aids in our “common perception” of severe weather events. The reality of severe weather frequency though, is actually different. While we may see more of it, that happens because there are millions more eyes, ears, cameras, and networks than ever before.

May I suggest this really good web site for you to consider.
Source;......https://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/04/19/why-it-seems-that-severe-weather-is-getting-worse-when-the-data-shows-otherwise-a-historical-perspective/

500 years ago.....400, even 100, bad, very terrible weather events took place, but NO ONE knew about them. Now we KNOW as they take place which seems to make it look like the weather is worse now than ever before, but is it.

It is that same old question of......."If a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it, did it make a noise"?????

Remember............God controls Nature.

REVELATION 10:7-10........
" But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.
And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter."

John is told to EAT the book. = Hearing, reading and believing!

This book is the Word of God. This part of God's Word is all about judgment! Hearing bad news disturbs all of us. Even though we as Christians understand that God will have rescued us from the Judgment, we all have family and friends who will be affected.

Now....one must devour (EAT) the Word of God through study, prayer and practical application to our lives. It must be part of our INNER man's perspective. More TEACHERS of the Word of God means more followers of the Word of God.
The written Word of God is a complete diet. It is Fruit, Milk, Meat, Water and Bread!

Listen......we do not need the ability to speak in tongues.
We do not need the ability to raise the dead and heal the sick.
We do not need to know how to make more money by giving more money to God.
We do not need Signs and Miracles and wonders.

YES.....I do know that those things are popular but they are NOT NEEDED! What is needed is the clear, projected Word of God by dedicated men that ALL ARE SINNERS and the wages of SIN is death because the time is short!

Notice that when John EATS the Word it cause him to taste HONEY but then it becomes BITTER!......WHY?

1. When we do the study we at 1st taste its sweetness because we enjoy the blessings it brings us. But with blessings come burdens.
2. Some do not like the study of Revelation and Prophecy. That is because it contains judgments and judgments = Burdens.
3. Then there is the fact that the Word of God causes us to change and give up the SINS that beset us. Sinners like their SIN.
4. The Word of God causes us to lose what we thought were our friends. Actually they were only partners in our SIN.
5. The Word of God makes us ODD and PECULAR to the world.......but special to God.

REVELATION 10:11
"And he said to me, “You must prophesy again about many peoples, nations, tongues, and kings.”

John is told to tell the whole world what he has saw and heard. In 95 AD this was impossible as John would die just a year ot two later at the age of 96 or so. SO how would this be possible?????

God does what God says and nothing is impossible for Him.

THE FACT THAT YOU ARE READING THE BOOK OF THE REVELATION WITH ME PROVES THAT FACT. IT HAS BEEN 2000 YEARS SINCE GOD TOLD JOHN THAT AND HERE WE ARE, THE WHOLE WORLD BY THE MEANS OF THE INTERNET ARE READING EXACTLY WHAT JOHN SAW AND HEARD!

The Time Line is still in the 1st Three and one half years of the 7 year time frame but getting very close to the mid-way point.

Now, again, to be sure I am repeating myself. Please feel free to post your thoughts, impressions before I go on to the next chapter.

REVELATION 11:1
"And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein."

This again is a "PARENTHETICAL" Chapter. IT is NOT included in the Time Frame of the last 7 years but is instead an explanation.
Chapter #11 is actually a continuation of chapter #10.

This verse tells how John received a measuring rod and a command to measure God's temple, the altar, and the worshipers. This temple is not in heaven, because the following verse says it will be occupied by the Gentiles. Obviously, the Gentiles cannot take over the temple in heaven.

The temple mentioned in verse 1 appears to be one rebuilt after the rapture. Apparently, during a period of peace at the beginning of the tribulation, the Jews will construct the temple and resume sacrifices on the altar. First Thessalonians 5:3 implies that some level of earthly peace is present when the rapture occurs, and Revelation 6:4 describes the rider on a red horse as taking peace from the earth after the rapture. When the temple is rebuilt, Jews will assemble there for worship, perhaps anticipating the Messiah's arrival.

Zechariah 1:16 predicts........
"Therefore, thus says the LORD, I have returned to Jerusalem with mercy; my house shall be built in it, declares the LORD of hosts, and the measuring line shall be stretched out over Jerusalem."

REVELATION 11:2............
"But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months."

These Scriptures DESTROY the "Preterist False theology"!!!!!

I would encourage all how care to print thse Scriptures out and place them in your Bible for futures use when confronting a Preterist.

This measuring of the Temple is one THAT IS YET TO BE BUILT. It is not a heavenly Temple but rather one in the literal city of Jerusalem which will be trodden down for 42 months.

This CAN NOT be referring to the PAST Temple that was destroyed in 70 AD for THREE reasons.............

1. In 70 AD Jerusalem was not trodden down for 42 months! It was Destroyed and remained that way until 1948.
2. John was alive in 70 AD and he knew the city was destroyed.
3. In verse #1 we see worship in the Temple. There has been NO worship at the Alter of the Temple since 70 AD.

What is the conclusion of the matter??????

Rev. 11:1-2 and 2 Thess. 2"1-8 and Matthew 24 all speak to and refer to a Temple yet to be built!!!!

There MUST BE a Temple present in Jerusalem during the 7 year Tribulation period!

Keep your eye on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem!

The Gentiles will tread down Jerusalem for 42 months, or 1260 days or 3 1/2 years. That will be the last half of the 7 year Tribulation. A peace treaty at the Mid Point will be the key!!!! The Beast, the A/C will enter into a peace agreement for 7 years and then in the middle of it, STAND in the Temple and decalare that he is God.

That my dear friends is the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION!

Daniel 9:27 ..................
"And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.”

Matthew 24:15-16............
“So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place let the reader understand, 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains."

Daniel predicted and Jesus confirmed the following:

1. A future ruler will make a treaty with the people of Israel.
2. The terms of this treaty will be for a “week”—which we take to be a period of seven years.
3. Midway through this time, the ruler will gather his troops and put an end to the sacrifices and offerings in the temple.
4. At that time the ruler will desecrate the temple, setting up some type of sacrilegious object.
5. The desecration of the temple will continue until the judgment of God for 1,290 days - or 42 months - or3½ years later.

This event is NOT the event in 167 BC with "Antiochus Epiphanies”.

Antiochus Epiphanies did not enter a covenant with Israel for seven years, for example. And in Matthew 24 Jesus, speaking some 200 years after Antiochus’s evil actions, spoke of Daniel’s prophecy as having a still future fulfillment.

You have said several times that Prophesy is your calling for 37 years. Now with all due respect and in Christian love, will you post your credential's to support your comments??
hijacking for just a minute so often in revelation study . many have different points of views and if not careful feelings come out wrong right ...

as i attended a men breakfast a scripture come up with the rocks fall on us... i think in chapter 6 it was to make a point. a guy spoke up and said revaluation is hard book . we make it hard the book has to be studied with a open mind. ok back to the regular scheduled program :)

REVELATION 11:2............
"But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months."

These Scriptures DESTROY the "Preterist False theology"!!!!!

I would encourage all how care to print thse Scriptures out and place them in your Bible for futures use when confronting a Preterist.

This measuring of the Temple is one THAT IS YET TO BE BUILT. It is not a heavenly Temple but rather one in the literal city of Jerusalem which will be trodden down for 42 months.

This CAN NOT be referring to the PAST Temple that was destroyed in 70 AD for THREE reasons.............

1. In 70 AD Jerusalem was not trodden down for 42 months! It was Destroyed and remained that way until 1948.
2. John was alive in 70 AD and he knew the city was destroyed.
3. In verse #1 we see worship in the Temple. There has been NO worship at the Alter of the Temple since 70 AD.

What is the conclusion of the matter??????

Rev. 11:1-2 and 2 Thess. 2"1-8 and Matthew 24 all speak to and refer to a Temple yet to be built!!!!

There MUST BE a Temple present in Jerusalem during the 7 year Tribulation period!

Keep your eye on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem!

The Gentiles will tread down Jerusalem for 42 months, or 1260 days or 3 1/2 years. That will be the last half of the 7 year Tribulation. A peace treaty at the Mid Point will be the key!!!! The Beast, the A/C will enter into a peace agreement for 7 years and then in the middle of it, STAND in the Temple and decalare that he is God.

That my dear friends is the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION!

REVELATION 11:3-4...........
"And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. 4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth."

John now comes back to the 1st 3 i/2 years or 42 months of the 7 years period. John see TWO men called out to witness.

IMHO the Time Frame here is immediately after the Rapture. The Chruch is removed and the Holy Spirit along with it. God never leaves Himself without a voice on the earth so IMHO that is these TWO men. It is again MY opinion that the 144 K Jewish men that come to Christ and are saved after the Raptures do so through the witness/preaching of these TWO men.

Now the debate has raged over the years as to whom these men are.

Some say that they are =
1. Moses because he represents the Law.
2. Elijah because he represents the prophets and he did not die.
3. Enoch because he did not die.
4. John the Baptist as he is the "bridge" between the two.

Now to "ME" it just does not make any logical or Biblical sense for God to take Elijah and Enoch to heaven in a picture only to allow them to leave Heavens' glory just to die. Think about the Rapture. Hundres of millions will not die when they are Raptured.

It is MY thought that God will empower TWO Jewish men and give them the abilities that Moses and Elijah actually had.
They will be able to miracles and hold back the rain so much so that the A/C will kill them.

REVELATION 11:5........
And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

Everything we see here is associated with the Old Testament! These two men are immortal and immune to all attacks UNTIL their mission is finished.

They are compared to OIL and CANDLESTICKS.

OIL is a reference to the Holy Spirit and CANDELS give out light.

This judgment we see of "Fire" is reminiscent of what happened when the king of Samaria sent three groups of fifty soldiers to the prophet Elijah. In each situation Elijah called down fire on the fifty soldiers and their captain (2 Kings 1:9–14). Perhaps Jesus' disciples James and John recalled Elijah's fiery response to the king of Samaria's soldiers when a village of Samaria refused to receive Jesus.

They asked, "Lord, do you want us to tell fire to come down from heaven and consume them?" (Luke 9:54). Jesus responded to their question by rebuking them (Luke 9:55). The tribulation, however, is a period of retribution for those who adamantly oppose the Lord. Those who endeavor to harm the two witnesses are "doomed to be killed" (Revelation 11:5).

They will give out the Word of God in power and it is my opinion that they will lead the 144K Jewish men to Christ who will in turn lead a Revival. They will have the ability to perform miracles and signs and wonders just as did the Old Test. prophets.

REVELATION 11:6..........
These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

These two have unlimited power and authority. They control nature!!!!

"as often as they will." suggests that God has complete confidence in these two men.

I think that you will agree that with that kind of power, the world then will blame them for every death and hate them.
They will be able to do this for 42 months!

No rain and water turning to blood sounds a lot like what Moses and Elijaf did, but remember it was NOT Moses and Elijah but instead it was God who worked through them.

REVELATION 11:7.......
And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

This Scripture tells us something very important. The saying that it aint over till the fat lady says so is a lie!!!!!

It aint over till GOD says it is over!

Up to this point, the two witnesses have been invincible—everyone who attacks them is killed (Revelation 11:5), and they can send plagues (Revelation 11:6). Still, according to this verse, the two witnesses become the victims of a demonic force from the bottomless pit. It is important to note that they did not meet death until they "finished their testimony."

It has been said that the servant of God will live until his or her appointed work is done. So the two witnesses cannot die until they have completed their ministry of prophesying for 1,260 days or 42 months which is 3 and 1/2 years!
This follows Revelation's theme that everything which happens is according to God's timeline, and by His permission.

This places us at the MID-POINT of the 7 year Tribulation.

REVELATION 11:8.........
And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Those who tried to kill them, at first, were killed by these two witnesses. They administered plagues on the earth and caused droughts and other disasters. All of this happens while they are prophesying on God's behalf, bringing a message which the world does not want to hear. That action brings hate!

For all that, it's not surprising that when these men are finally killed, they do not receive a decent burial. Instead, their bodies are left in a street like animal carcasses.

Like so many prophets before them, the two witnesses experience martyrdom. Jesus indicted Jerusalem for killing the prophets and stoning those who were sent to it (Matthew 23:37).

The street is in "the great city" that some expositors identify as Rome or Babylon. However, the context argues for its being Jerusalem. Verses 1 and 2 refer to the temple, the altar, the outer court, and worshipers, all of which point to Jerusalem.

Further, verse 8 indicates the great city is where our Lord was crucified and that ends the debate!

Jesus died on a cross outside Jerusalem, not Rome or Babylon. John tells us that the great city symbolically is called Sodom and Egypt. In the tribulation Jerusalem will be morally corrupt like Sodom and its residents will be in bondage to the beast that controls the economy and their lives (see Revelation 13:16–17).

REVELATION 11:9-10..........
"And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth."

"CHRISTMAS!"-----MARDI GRAS"!

Two bodies laying dead in the street for 3 days and the world is overjoyed!

FYI....Sodom = Homosexuality and EGYPYT= Witchcraft!

Now, do not go ballistic......but in my opinion this is the generation of NOW.

In the hands of this generation today is a TV Camera, a Computer and all over the world, men will be able to see this take place.

Even Jesus was buried, so the question must be....WHY NO BURRIAL??????

I personally believe that it is to prevent another Empty Tomb Resurrection. All the wolds TV cameras will be locked and focused to show the world that the dead can not be resurrected.

But then just as Easter came on the 3rd Day for Jesus.....3 and 1/2 days later we see in verse #11..............

REVELATION 11:11...........
And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

Then the impossible happens in front of the world. Joy and excitement gives way to terror and dread, and one would assume surprise, shock, and dismay. These emotions will wash over unbelievers just three and a half days after the beast kills the two witnesses. Just as God breathed the breath of life into Adam's lifeless body after creating him, so God breathes into the lifeless bodies of His two witnesses, and they stand up.

It's important to remember that the world is watching these bodies rot in the streets, celebrating their deaths. One can imagine shock waves circling the globe as media viewers see the dead bodies become alive. This verse makes an expected observation: "great fear fell on those who saw them." Their resurrection prefigures the resurrection of righteous Old Testament saints at Christ's return to earth.

They stand, and they begin to rise to heaven. As the world watches THEY hear a voice................

REVELATION 11:12..........
And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

The Resurrection is in verse #11 and the Ascension is in verse #12. We are in that interval or "lull" between the 6th and 7th Trumpet
and the 2nd WOE is connected to the 6th Trumpet and that Trumpet is a GREAT EARTQUAKE.

Revelation 11:13...........
And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Time line is the Middle of the 7 Year Tribulation.

In a display of His power and judgment God shakes Jerusalem with a devastating earthquake when He raptures His two witnesses.

Always remember that God never lets sin go unchecked. Sometimes He prolongs judgment, but at other times He judges sin immediately. In the case of the unbelievers' foul treatment of His witnesses and their subsequent celebration of the heinous crime, God's judgment falls immediately. The earthquake levels one tenth of Jerusalem and snuffs out the lives of seven thousand people.

We should recall that an earthquake rattled Jerusalem when Jesus died at Calvary. Matthew 27:51 tells us.........
"the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split."

According to this verse, panic grips the survivors of the earthquake that occurs when God raptures His two witnesses. The survivors are said to ascribe glory to God. This does not mean those people worship or honor God. They recognize His power, but they are not said to repent. Whether individuals do or not, such a response is so limited that it's not worth mentioning. The world will respond in awe, and fear—giving glory to God by their reaction—but without any deliberate sense of honoring Him.

Revelation 11:14...........
The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

Revelation 11:15-19..........
And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. 16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God, 17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned. 18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. 19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Please notice that the scene has change. Remember also that this is a PARENTHETICAL chapter and the scene changes from earthly to Heavenly!

Verse #15 tells us that When the seventh angel blows his trumpet, spontaneous worship breaks out in heaven. Loud voices proclaim the good news that the kingdom of the world is now the kingdom of God and His Son, Jesus Christ. Although Jesus does not return to earth at this time or establish His kingdom on earth at this time, both events are anticipated and will take place at the end of the tribulation when Jesus comes to earth in glory, defeats His enemies, and casts the beast and the false prophet into the lake of fire (Revelation 19:11–21).

Christians anticipate the rapture but also Christ's earthly kingdom. When He rules the world, there will be no more crime, warfare, corruption, poverty, injustice, or blasphemy. Nor will despots be in the kingdom. Jesus will be king over all the earth, and He will reign during the millennium, and forever and ever after it, with peace, justice, and righteousness (Isaiah 9:7). While the millennial kingdom will have some level of dissent (Revelation 20:7–10), the new heaven and new earth will be entirely redeemed (Revelation 21:22–27).

Verse #16 tells us what we already saw earlier in that the twenty-four elders who sit on thrones in front of God respond to the declaration that Christ will reign forever and ever. But first we need to identify the twenty-four elders. Some believe they represent all believers throughout history. Others believe they are the twelve patriarchs of the twelve tribes of Israel plus the twelve apostles. Still others believe they are all the redeemed of the church age.

I for one believe that they represent both the Old Test. saints and the New Test. saints.

It is impossible to identify these persons with absolute certainty. All we know is they are victors and humble worshipers of God. They acknowledge God as the supreme and holy ruler by falling on their faces and worshiping him. These are the same twenty-four elders we read about in Revelation 4 and 5. In Revelation 4:10 they "fall down before him who is seated on the throne and worship him who lives forever and ever.," and in 5:14 they "fell down and worshiped." If the twenty-four elders do represent all believers throughout history or all believers of the church age, their act of worship previews one aspect of the Christian's life in heaven.

Verse #18 is a picture of The Great White Throne Judgment.

John is writing in "PROLEPTIC" language. That means he is seeing it as if it has already taken place.
We are condident of this due to verse #17............"HAST REIGNED"! Past tense!

Verse #19 is back to "normal time frame" on the Earth.

This is where some of the CULTS get there false teaching from because they mix up and convolute the time frames.

The setting here in 6 verses takes us from the .........
1. Earth view...to a
2. Heavenly view to the Great White Throne Judgment in #18
3. and then back to the Tribulation Earthy scene in #19.
4. and then to the Millennium.

Back