Revival.

Looking around at our culture and especially events in the Middle East, I would pick Door#2.
But I would still contend that IF there were a revival, it would have a positive impact on the culture in which it occurred. I can't help but think of the Reformation and the resulting uptick in Arts and Literature.
(Example: We wouldn't want to compare the works of Bach and his Sonatas with that of the Beatles, or the works of Rembrandt with Dada Art, would we?)
Nope, John and Paul might have gotten offended!

Looking around at our culture and especially events in the Middle East, I would pick Door#2.
But I would still contend that IF there were a revival, it would have a positive impact on the culture in which it occurred. I can't help but think of the Reformation and the resulting uptick in Arts and Literature.
(Example: We wouldn't want to compare the works of Bach and his Sonatas with that of the Beatles, or the works of Rembrandt with Dada Art, would we?)
I think real revival is going on right now in China, Middle east, among muslims, others, just not so much here!

Calling people out of the world may be effective, and may not be.

There are two general views on the end times,

1.) Says Christianity will affect society until society gets better and better and reach some kind of utopia...

2.) Says: society at one point will decline as if in freefall - think when the one who restrains stops restraining from scripture for this 2 Thessalonians 2:7

Satan as to this point is very limited in scope - God is only allowing Him to go so far. The nations can hear the Gospel, understand it, and be saved as it stands today. ONE DAY, he will act without restraint as in the time of Noah, and the nations (gentiles as opposed to God's people) will be completely deceived once more.

This later view may seem pessimistic to some, but it does seem to be indicated in Scripture.

And I also think this larger overview is descriptive enough to fit many different eschatological positions in similar fashion, so it's a fairly straightforward overview.
The paradox is end times seem to indicate mankind"hell bent" to do as they please, and yet largest harvest of souls into Kingdom at same time happening!

I think our vision pointed to the Middle East is the wrong thermometer to use. Why do I say that? Islam pretty much conquered that long ago and Christianity is not exactly an option - and this thermometer is about Christians in specific.

Asia (which includes the middle east), as well as Africa aren't good measures for whether Christianity itself is in decline... that covers half the world.

To see the thermometer you have to look at Christian nations where proselytizing and Christian practice is purely free, and easily able to be lived from the heart.

That covers exactly the other half of the world. And it is that half that is in extreme decline without any persecution or prevention or hardships, and it's in some serious decline. It's also accepting heresy and every evil without blinking an eye. The new morality, which is not Christian.

At the same time, there is a small measure of conversions to Christianity in places that have experienced some persecution in the middle east, among Muslims in specific. For whatever reason I think this has some meaning - not that I can point my finger on why, but it does.

Plus, there's likely more than some may think, perhaps even myself.

So at any rate, I think we are at least on a precipice that if it doesn't change in the west for the better through revival with the hand of God in the midst, will go into a very dark time, at the least.

I think our vision pointed to the Middle East is the wrong thermometer to use. Why do I say that? Islam pretty much conquered that long ago and Christianity is not exactly an option - and this thermometer is about Christians in specific.

Asia (which includes the middle east), as well as Africa aren't good measures for whether Christianity itself is in decline... that covers half the world.

To see the thermometer you have to look at Christian nations where proselytizing and Christian practice is purely free, and easily able to be lived from the heart.

That covers exactly the other half of the world. And it is that half that is in extreme decline without any persecution or prevention or hardships, and it's in some serious decline. It's also accepting heresy and every evil without blinking an eye. The new morality, which is not Christian.

At the same time, there is a small measure of conversions to Christianity in places that have experienced some persecution in the middle east, among Muslims in specific. For whatever reason I think this has some meaning - not that I can point my finger on why, but it does.

So at any rate, I think we are at least on a precipice that if it doesn't change in the west for the better through revival with the hand of God in the midst, will go into a very dark time, at the least.
Did I mention the M.E. and Africa?

Have you considered 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12.

Thoughts on whether or not Muslims could be a part of the revival in Revelation 7:14????

Thoughts on whether or not Muslims could be a part of the revival in Revelation 7:14????
vss. 13 and 14 seem to point back to vs. 9, which indicate Gentiles. Since Muslims are Gentiles, I would say yes, they would be...

9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

vss. 13 and 14 seem to point back to vs. 9, which indicate Gentiles. Since Muslims are Gentiles, I would say yes, they would be...

9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

I just started a thread on that question.

Please join in brother!

Have you considered 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12.

I think I misunderstood the question so I've deleted my answer.

I'll come back tomorrow and will take the time to consider it more.

Last edited:
Well, not sure what it is actually in the Bible because the church was young at the time it was written and not fallen asleep like it has over hundreds of years later.

I think it's mostly an American thing that churches would put on a revival, so that people who didn't go to church could go.
They would stick up a tent, and then the sinners (people that didn't go to church) would come on the trail of sawdust and magically get converted.

(This is the stereotype!)

Later on they had huge rallies with preachers like Billy Graham filling out stadiums (as the tents were too small to accomodate everyone)
New converts would then be told to get religion and start going to church.
I guess people thought they were saved if they went down the aisle to where the preacher was calling them. And probably pressured a bit by their friends.

Of course after a while they fell away because they never got baptised or anything, or repented after all the buzz and excitement wore off.

That's a staged revival.

I reckon a true revival is what happened in Wales, and people still talk about the Welsh Revival like they remember it really was a thing that God moved among the Welsh and turned people's lives around. And it wasn't due to any big name preacher.

I think it's mostly an American thing that churches would put on a revival, so that people who didn't go to church could go.
They would stick up a tent, and then the sinners (people that didn't go to church) would come on the trail of sawdust and magically get converted.

(This is the stereotype!)
Definitely a stereotype...

For a period whole communities changed, as men and women found themselves drawn into a powerful experience of God; and sparks from their awakening were soon to ignite fires in more than a dozen other countries. And the hymn that soloist struck up spontaneously about "love vast as the ocean" was heard so often that it became known as "the love song of the revival."

Revival in a single community​

A hundred years ago coal was making Abertillery a booming commercial centre as families flocked in to find work in the pits. Churches were already thriving, but revival hit the place like a hurricane, and in less than ten weeks no fewer than three thousand people had made professions of faith - that's more than ten per cent of the population... a staggering response by any reckoning.
more at

Of course in today's topsy turvy Christendom, some may try to argue that revival is a White Privilege thang. lol
To steal a line from Major 'But what's this unedookated retired truck driver who grew up in the barrio know?'

Last edited:
Back