Revival.

Definitely a stereotype...

For a period whole communities changed, as men and women found themselves drawn into a powerful experience of God; and sparks from their awakening were soon to ignite fires in more than a dozen other countries. And the hymn that soloist struck up spontaneously about "love vast as the ocean" was heard so often that it became known as "the love song of the revival."

Revival in a single community​

A hundred years ago coal was making Abertillery a booming commercial centre as families flocked in to find work in the pits. Churches were already thriving, but revival hit the place like a hurricane, and in less than ten weeks no fewer than three thousand people had made professions of faith - that's more than ten per cent of the population... a staggering response by any reckoning.
more at

Of course in today's topsy turvy Christendom, some may try to argue that revival is a White Privilege thang. lol
To steal a line from Major 'But what's this unedookated retired truck driver who grew up in the barrio know?'
True revival in history came when none really unexpected it to happen, as they did not usher it in, but was a sovereign moving of the Lord into the situation!

Similar to the 1st and 2nd Awakening Whitefield/Wesley, which carried the Christian influence into the 20th Century.
Yes similar I would offer and say sorry in advance for the rambling, a couple things came to mind in a hope of enriching the understanding

The word reformation and not revival seems to work more appropriately when speaking of the unseen things of faith.

Revival is more to repent to return to previous life. It is used mostly in sects like Charismatics called Holy Ghost revival. Not all formats or denominations seek for a sign to wonder after. . Some more of what I would call contrite spirit. To each his own as long as it does not do despite tho the grace we are purchsed with .

What is called sign gifts is seeking after an outward display or confirmation marveling in wonderment appealing I would think more to the flesh and not that flesh is not needed.

Christians are given the gift of faith it works in them with them to help come to end of marveling wondering rather as a living abiding hope.

The wonderment or mystery is made known as it is written by the finger of God hidden from un-redeemed mankind.

The Holy Spirit uses rain to signify the gospel. It shown in Deuteronomy. Inspiration coming down from the unseen heavens above revealed below .Not like the doctrines of men I heard it through the grape vine oral traditions of mankind or as James informs . . .earthly inspired by the devil, the father of lies.

Deuteronomy 32:1-2 King James Version (KJV) Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

I would offer the example using the doctrine that reveals the doctrine of God as to the proper order of inspiration as that needed to test the spirits to see if of God or man earthly. Therefore using Elijah 1 Kings 18 .The Holy Spirit having sent a famine for hearing the gospel. The doctrine of God (Deuteronomy 32:1-2 ) using rain to get the attention of mankind he cut it off causing a drought to reveal the work of the gospel.

Elijah whom hid in the cave after the great reformation in a previos demonstration against 450 false prophets the demonstration signified the tongue of God’s approval, it rested on the work of His approval licking up the water to show his approval again used to represent the gospel it was revealed through Elijah the gospel hid in that parable .

1 Kings 18: 38 Then the fire of the Lord fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.

Like Elijah after the dramatic demonstration. . the still small voice as small rain the doctrine of God (sola scriptural) drew him out (you have more work to do)

1 Kings 19:11-13 King James Version (KJV) And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

The same kind of cleansing purifying witness of tongues that show the approval of God it is used again in Acts 2 . Another picture of the gospel. God’s tongue the power to create life and death, bringing judgment on the governments of men the time of reformation and same tongue of new life or healing to the believer .

Acts2:2-3 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Restoration is returning to a previous government as the reformation does its work of restoring through all thing written in the law and the prophets( sola scriptura) the power to restore . Christ in us, the treasure in us not of us 2 Corinthians 4:7 . The power of God .

As a noun restore is the act of recovering data a system of backup "the eternal word as it is written ".

Sola scriptura is the reforming /restoring foundation of any generation, or time period, or nation of people. When two or three gather together (the smallest sect “two”) two make a new nation, tribe or family. Moses's father a Amorite, and his and his mother an Hittite. Today the “Heinz 57 Variety”

Christian is the new name the father named the bride placing her under the backup Law the bible. Then we can know we have his armor on as that which defends us. No armor for the back. He is the rear guard guarding the weaker ones who sometimes lag behind

In that way it would seem he does the reviving as he restores his proper place in our new hearts. In that way less drama. . . appealing to the flesh. Then marveling wondering never coming to faith the end of a matter wondering can be replaced with a living abiding hope lighter the load make some room for laughter. Laughter it can do good like medicine but not a cure for unbelief “no faith” as it is written

My wife says its only funny when two are laughing. . calling me a sit down and shut up comedian LOL. If you grin you’re in.

Believers receive the end of their new born again faith from the very beginning (our first love hearing and beliving .the first work he works in us). . Wondering becomes a living abiding hope in Christ. . I would suggest be careful how we wonder and not judge those that would seem to look for drama. One is our unseen King the small voice of still water. ?

Jesus in John 3 after revealing to Nicodemus a Pharisee who was under the law of the fathers, a government of men as oral traditions of men. Jesus preached of the greatest possible understanding re birth new spirit life forever and ever. . born again .Jesus knew he would marvel and would not come to the end of Christ faith. . . belief and understanding the words The father gave to the Son of man the prophet the father did not apply it to the heart of Nicodemus as a demonstration to us as to the unseen power of faith . He I believe used that to teach us how to hear the small voice as it is written (the doctrines of God)

Faith does not cause us to wonder but rather the opposite it moves us to believe the small voice. I think you could say the voice of many waters that stills the many souls.

Isaiah 57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones

Contrite ones. . the gren ones that the smal rain falls on

Yes similar I would offer and say sorry in advance for the rambling, a couple things came to mind in a hope of enriching the understanding

The word reformation and not revival seems to work more appropriately when speaking of the unseen things of faith.

Revival is more to repent to return to previous life. It is used mostly in sects like Charismatics called Holy Ghost revival. Not all formats or denominations seek for a sign to wonder after. . Some more of what I would call contrite spirit. To each his own as long as it does not do despite tho the grace we are purchsed with .

What is called sign gifts is seeking after an outward display or confirmation marveling in wonderment appealing I would think more to the flesh and not that flesh is not needed.
Garee, I don't do well with loooong posts. (Yes, I'm a victim or casualty of postmodernism). So I'll take this snippet which looks like it addresses the OP.
I would say 'revive' or 'revival' is bringing to life that which was dead, in this case the unbeliever, whereas 'reformation' has more to do with restoring to an original or even better position. We saw this in the 16th and 17th century of Church history. The one use of the word 'reformation' in Scripture most likely has to do with the inauguration of the New Covenant through the shed blood of Jesus Christ...
Hebrews 9:10 (KJV) Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

God often used 'sign gifts' e.g. healings, to authenticate the message and the Messenger...

John 20:30-31 (KJV) And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

1. What is it?
2. Is it aimed at the Church to 'wake them up' or at unbelievers to 'raise them from the dead'?
3. Is it a complete sovereign act of God or does man have an effective role in it, or is the contributing actions of man (e.g. prayer) just preliminary moves of God preparing for revival?
4. How needful today?
5. Differences between true and fake revival?
Revival means to bring something that's dead back to life; thus, the object of revival must have once been alive. Unbelievers have never been alive spiritually, so revival can't be directed toward them. Revival applies only to the church and its members.

Revival means to bring something that's dead back to life; thus, the object of revival must have once been alive. Unbelievers have never been alive spiritually, so revival can't be directed toward them. Revival applies only to the church and its members.
Here is why I wrote what I wrote in post #43...

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

We were all unbelievers at one time, dead in sins and trespasses but were quickened to life.

Here is why I wrote what I wrote in post #43...

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

We were all unbelievers at one time, dead in sins and trespasses but were quickened to life.

True but at the same time as part of the whole not of those who crucify Christ over and over as if one demonstration was not enough and it fell short of the glory of God

Hebrew 6 :6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Better things accompany those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come And do not fall away over and to be revived again and again every time they act foolishly. The good word of God faithfully restores our first love the hearing the words of faith as it is written ,

Hebrew 9-10 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

In that way His work of faith as a labor of love makes our daily burden lighrter .

Hebrew 9-10 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
That should actually be Hebrews 6:9.
True but at the same time as part of the whole not of those who crucify Christ over and over as if one demonstration was not enough and it fell short of the glory of God

Hebrew 6 :6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Better things accompany those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come And do not fall away over and to be revived again and again every time they act foolishly. The good word of God faithfully restores our first love the hearing the words of faith as it is written ,
Those who 'crucify Christ over and over again' I believe is referring to those who have sat in Churches, had gone through all the 'Christian' motions but had never been regenerated...

Hebrews 6:4-6 (KJV) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

...also akin to this...

2 Peter 2:20-22 (KJV) For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Christians are given the gift of faith it works in them with them to help come to end of marveling wondering rather as a living abiding hope.

The wonderment or mystery is made known as it is written by the finger of God hidden from un-redeemed mankind.

The Holy Spirit uses rain to signify the gospel. It shown in Deuteronomy. Inspiration coming down from the unseen heavens above revealed below .Not like the doctrines of men I heard it through the grape vine oral traditions of mankind or as James informs . . .earthly inspired by the devil, the father of lies.

Deuteronomy 32:1-2 King James Version (KJV) Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

I would offer the example using the doctrine that reveals the doctrine of God as to the proper order of inspiration as that needed to test the spirits to see if of God or man earthly. Therefore using Elijah 1 Kings 18 .The Holy Spirit having sent a famine for hearing the gospel. The doctrine of God (Deuteronomy 32:1-2 ) using rain to get the attention of mankind he cut it off causing a drought to reveal the work of the gospel.

Elijah whom hid in the cave after the great reformation in a previos demonstration against 450 false prophets the demonstration signified the tongue of God’s approval, it rested on the work of His approval licking up the water to show his approval again used to represent the gospel it was revealed through Elijah the gospel hid in that parable .

1 Kings 18: 38 Then the fire of the Lord fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.

Like Elijah after the dramatic demonstration. . the still small voice as small rain the doctrine of God (sola scriptural) drew him out (you have more work to do)

1 Kings 19:11-13 King James Version (KJV) And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

The same kind of cleansing purifying witness of tongues that show the approval of God it is used again in Acts 2 . Another picture of the gospel. God’s tongue the power to create life and death, bringing judgment on the governments of men the time of reformation and same tongue of new life or healing to the believer .

Acts2:2-3 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Restoration is returning to a previous government as the reformation does its work of restoring through all thing written in the law and the prophets( sola scriptura) the power to restore . Christ in us, the treasure in us not of us 2 Corinthians 4:7 . The power of God .

As a noun restore is the act of recovering data a system of backup "the eternal word as it is written ".

Sola scriptura is the reforming /restoring foundation of any generation, or time period, or nation of people. When two or three gather together (the smallest sect “two”) two make a new nation, tribe or family. Moses's father a Amorite, and his and his mother an Hittite. Today the “Heinz 57 Variety”

Christian is the new name the father named the bride placing her under the backup Law the bible. Then we can know we have his armor on as that which defends us. No armor for the back. He is the rear guard guarding the weaker ones who sometimes lag behind

In that way it would seem he does the reviving as he restores his proper place in our new hearts. In that way less drama. . . appealing to the flesh. Then marveling wondering never coming to faith the end of a matter wondering can be replaced with a living abiding hope lighter the load make some room for laughter. Laughter it can do good like medicine but not a cure for unbelief “no faith” as it is written

My wife says its only funny when two are laughing. . calling me a sit down and shut up comedian LOL. If you grin you’re in.

Believers receive the end of their new born again faith from the very beginning (our first love hearing and beliving .the first work he works in us). . Wondering becomes a living abiding hope in Christ. . I would suggest be careful how we wonder and not judge those that would seem to look for drama. One is our unseen King the small voice of still water. ?

Jesus in John 3 after revealing to Nicodemus a Pharisee who was under the law of the fathers, a government of men as oral traditions of men. Jesus preached of the greatest possible understanding re birth new spirit life forever and ever. . born again .Jesus knew he would marvel and would not come to the end of Christ faith. . . belief and understanding the words The father gave to the Son of man the prophet the father did not apply it to the heart of Nicodemus as a demonstration to us as to the unseen power of faith . He I believe used that to teach us how to hear the small voice as it is written (the doctrines of God)

Faith does not cause us to wonder but rather the opposite it moves us to believe the small voice. I think you could say the voice of many waters that stills the many souls.

Isaiah 57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones

Contrite ones. . the gren ones that the smal rain falls on

Way to long of a post to be effective!

Sorry for the rambling sometimes the more the words the less the meaning. Thanks for the reminder it could be a insecurity I can work towards to make lesser.

Garee......I not mean to be argumentative with you. Neither do I want to be confrontational.

However.....I am very perplexed that you refuse to answer the very simple question I have asked you several times now.

This is a "Christian" forum web site and the question is allowed under the rules of the site and it is the same now as as it was before.
This is a question that any born again believer should jump at the opportunity to answer. Fell free to ask me is you want to!!!!!

Do you believe that Jesus Christ is 100% God and 100% Man which makes Him the God-Man? That Makes Jesus God in the flesh.

You seem to have the time to post long rambling posts so all I am asking is a ONE WORD responce.....Yes or NO.

1. What is it?
It's a God-driven phenomenon, wherein the Holy Spirit "invades" the REAL Church (Which is Born again PEOPLE, not institutions) with a Spiritual HUNGER, and People are led to repentance, and a heavy consciousness of the PRESENCE OF GOD, and His desires for them personally and individually.
2. Is it aimed at the Church to 'wake them up' or at unbelievers to 'raise them from the dead'?
BOTH - unbelievers are convicted of their SIN, and brought to salvation, and Born again Christians in it) are renewed in their relationship to God, and shaken out of their lethargy.
3. Is it a complete sovereign act of God or does man have an effective role in it, or is the contributing actions of man (e.g. prayer) just preliminary moves of God preparing for revival?
EVERYTHING STARTS WITH GOD. Man has an effective role in it AS MAN IS LED by the Holy Spirit to provide ministry.
4. How needful today?
ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL - WIthout "revival" (times of refreshing) little of spiritual value will happen.
5. Differences between true and fake revival?
"Revivals" put on by the local churches are typically: The Pastor plans a series of spiritual meetings, generally of an evangelistic character. He "pumps up his people" with promises of the MARVELOUS THINGS that will happen. The "Revival" happens, and nothing significant happens. The pastor for the next few weeks tries to explain why nothing happened - generally blaming the congregation for their lack of commitment.

In the last MAJOR REVIVAL that happened in the world (The Charismatic outpouring 1964 - 1978 or so), the Holy Spirit was simply poured out all over the World, and People (regardless of Denominational affiliation) were saved and Baptized in the Holy Spirit, without either the permission of, or planning by the institutional churches who simply had to go along with what was happening or get out of the way.

Many of the more fundamentalistic/Legalistic churches fought it tooth and nail, but were changed by it anyway. Denominational theologies became VERY unimportant, since all over the world Christians were seeing spiritual truths that were MUCH HIGHER than their little "Church systems". There was a GREAT HUNGER for the Word of God, and for teaching about it.

Last edited:
It's a God-driven phenomenon, wherein the Holy Spirit "invades" the church with a Spiritual HUNGER, and People are led to repentance, and a heavy consciousness of the PRESENCE OF GOD, and His desires for them personally and individually.

BOTH - unbelievers are convicted of their SIN, and brought to salvation, and the "visible church" (the Born again Christians in it) are renewed in their relationship to God, and shaken out of their lethargy.

EVERYTHING STARTS WITH GOD. Man has an effective role in it AS MAN IS LED by the Holy SPirit.

ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL - WIthout "revival (times of refreshing) little of spiritual value will happen.

"Revivals" put on by the local churches are typically: The Pastor plans a series of spiritual meetings, generally of an evangelistic character. He "pumps up his people" with promises of the MARVELOUS THINGS that will happen. The "Revival happens, and nothing happens. The pastor for the next few weeks tries to explain why nothing happened - generally blaming the congregation for their lack of commitment.

In the last MAJOR REVIVAL that happened in the world (The Charismatic outpouring 1964 - 1978 or so), the Holy SPirit was simply poured out all over the World, and People were saved and Baptized in the Holy Spirit, without either the permission of, or planning by the institutional churches who simply had to go along with what was happening. Denominational theologies became VERY unimportant, since all over the world christians were seeing spiritually something MUCH HIGHER than their little "Church systems". There was a GREAT HUNGER for the Word of God, and for teaching about it.
I see the Lord going a major revival right now in China, israel, in Muslim nations, but here not so much!

It's a God-driven phenomenon, wherein the Holy Spirit "invades" the REAL Church (Which is Born again PEOPLE, not institutions) with a Spiritual HUNGER, and People are led to repentance, and a heavy consciousness of the PRESENCE OF GOD, and His desires for them personally and individually.

BOTH - unbelievers are convicted of their SIN, and brought to salvation, and Born again Christians in it) are renewed in their relationship to God, and shaken out of their lethargy.

EVERYTHING STARTS WITH GOD. Man has an effective role in it AS MAN IS LED by the Holy Spirit to provide ministry.

ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL - WIthout "revival" (times of refreshing) little of spiritual value will happen.

"Revivals" put on by the local churches are typically: The Pastor plans a series of spiritual meetings, generally of an evangelistic character. He "pumps up his people" with promises of the MARVELOUS THINGS that will happen. The "Revival" happens, and nothing significant happens. The pastor for the next few weeks tries to explain why nothing happened - generally blaming the congregation for their lack of commitment.

In the last MAJOR REVIVAL that happened in the world (The Charismatic outpouring 1964 - 1978 or so), the Holy Spirit was simply poured out all over the World, and People (regardless of Denominational affiliation) were saved and Baptized in the Holy Spirit, without either the permission of, or planning by the institutional churches who simply had to go along with what was happening or get out of the way.

Many of the more fundamentalistic/Legalistic churches fought it tooth and nail, but were changed by it anyway. Denominational theologies became VERY unimportant, since all over the world Christians were seeing spiritual truths that were MUCH HIGHER than their little "Church systems". There was a GREAT HUNGER for the Word of God, and for teaching about it.
I am not aware of a revival from 1964 to 78. I am aware of the Azusa Street mission in Los Angeles, California, which was a a Methodist-sponsored revival. It was there that people claimed to have been “baptized by the Holy Spirit” in the manner recorded in Acts chapter 2 during the celebration of Pentecost. People speaking in tongues and miracles of healing roused people to a spiritual frenzy. The people who attended those meetings spread their enthusiasm throughout the United States, and the Pentecostal/Charismatic movement we see todat actually began.

The question has always been if that was really a revival at all.

Today, we are witnessing a growing menace of activity in the realm of the miraculous and signs and so called wonders. Where Satan does not succeed in taking the Bible from us, he works hard at taking us from the Bible. He does this simply by getting Christians to focus their attention on the claims of men and women to some supernatural experience. As a result, those who seek after the experiences of others have neither time nor interest in searching the Scriptures for God’s truth.

There is no denying that God performs miracles. Some of what occurs in the Charismatic movement very well may be a true work of the Holy Spirit. However, the core truth is this: the Body of Christ does not need new apostles, nor new faith healers, nor self-styled miracle workers.
What the Church needs is to return to the Word of God and proclaim the whole counsel of God in the power and love of the Holy Spirit.

I am not aware of a revival from 1964 to 78. I am aware of the Azusa Street mission in Los Angeles, California, which was a a Methodist-sponsored revival.
The Pentecostal revival had nothing to do with the Methodist church, although Wesleyan Holiness concepts did play a part in it.
It was there that people claimed to have been “baptized by the Holy Spirit” in the manner recorded in Acts chapter 2 during the celebration of Pentecost. People speaking in tongues and miracles of healing roused people to a spiritual frenzy. The people who attended those meetings spread their enthusiasm throughout the United States, and the Pentecostal/Charismatic movement we see todat actually began.
The Pentecostal movement began with Azuza St., the Charismatic Outpouring ('64-'78) was world wide, and completely independent, and bitterly opposed by the Pentecostals because they didn't think it was "Clothesline Holy Enough" according to their legalism.
The fruit of the Pentecostal revival, and the subsequent Charismatic outpouring are proof positive. from zero in 1900 to 26% of the world's Christians in 120 years is significant. I've been Pentecostal for 54 years, and was part of the Charismatic outpouring, and What it was and WHO was it's source was never a question.
Some of what occurs in the Charismatic movement very well may be a true work of the Holy Spirit. However, the core truth is this: the Body of Christ does not need new apostles, nor new faith healers, nor self-styled miracle workers.
Eph 4:11 makes it clear that the miraculous, and the ministries are continuing in 2021, and will continue till the end of the age. You are apparently a Cessationist, so naturally you won't agree.
What the Church needs is to return to the Word of God and proclaim the whole counsel of God in the power and love of the Holy Spirit.
Which is exactly what the Full-Gospel churches have done, and are doing. It's the cessationist crowd who deny the continuing miracle power of God ministered through His people.

I am not aware of a revival from 1964 to 78.
I would agree with Bob Carabbio that there was a 'revival' better known as the Jesus Movement (appx. 68-78) of whom this soul was a victim of. If anything else, take a look at how many were 'street witnessing' then compared to today. Also there was a general hunger in the land for Truth, kids were seeking, unlike today, kids are jelling out on social media with a cell phone stuck in their face. The casualty of that movement, as we discussed, was the hymns. Although the initial "Jesus music" was simple, clear and biblical, it quickly turned non biblical and powered by big$$.

I am not aware of a revival from 1964 to 78. I am aware of the Azusa Street mission in Los Angeles, California, which was a a Methodist-sponsored revival. It was there that people claimed to have been “baptized by the Holy Spirit” in the manner recorded in Acts chapter 2 during the celebration of Pentecost. People speaking in tongues and miracles of healing roused people to a spiritual frenzy. The people who attended those meetings spread their enthusiasm throughout the United States, and the Pentecostal/Charismatic movement we see todat actually began.

Today, we are witnessing a growing menace of activity in the realm of the miraculous and signs and so called wonders. Where Satan does not succeed in taking the Bible from us, he works hard at taking us from the Bible. He does this simply by getting Christians to focus their attention on the claims of men and women to some supernatural experience. As a result, those who seek after the experiences of others have neither time nor interest in searching the Scriptures for God’s truth.

There is no denying that God performs miracles. Some of what occurs in the Charismatic movement very well may be a true work of the Holy Spirit. However, the core truth is this: the Body of Christ does not need new apostles, nor new faith healers, nor self-styled miracle workers.
The Charismatic Movement to me is the great Trojan Horse of past century, as under that banner of the "movement of the Holy Spirit", rank heresy came into the Church!
All one had to be was a fellow "tongue talker". and then all theology differences were pushed aside overnight!

I am not against a real moving of the Holy Spirit, but people screaming like animals, and rolling around and contorting are not Him at work!

I would agree with Bob Carabbio that there was a 'revival' better known as the Jesus Movement (appx. 68-78) of whom this soul was a victim of. If anything else, take a look at how many were 'street witnessing' then compared to today. Also there was a general hunger in the land for Truth, kids were seeking, unlike today, kids are jelling out on social media with a cell phone stuck in their face. The casualty of that movement, as we discussed, was the hymns. Although the initial "Jesus music" was simple, clear and biblical, it quickly turned non biblical and powered by big$$.
The big problem was no sound theology foundation, as right away groups like the way and other cults came right in!

Back