Revival.

What about the 'Toronto Blessing'. I did hear about it but it was before I became a christian.
I suppose some Canadians on here would know about it.

See for yourself if this is God in action or is it someone else????

Since this is available on the UTUBE for everyone, I think it will be acceptable for this site.

Hello Major;

What caught my attention was the preacher standing at the pulpit with his unwrinkled suit and tie, smiling and laughing while everyone else was in a frenzy. I was introduced to this type of gathering when my wife and I were younger. We went up, seriously, we both couldn't be susceptible to this act.

Some of the people we were with all exclaimed, "Wow! What an experience of the Holy Spirit! This was truly an act of God!" A week later they all stop talking about it and didn't have a revelation of why they experienced this frenzy and what was God's message?!?

One couple went on to "name it and claim it" and purchased a new car on payment terms, and then proclaimed God blessed them with a new car. They fell on hard times because of their high debt ratio.

The husband of another couple developed the worst of type II diabetes, prayed and claimed healing in the name of Jesus. Then he immediately stopped taking his insulin and meds all together. He died 4 years ago.

Another couple lived very modestly in their small 2 bedroom home, sold it and purchased a brand new house by "naming and claiming it in the name of Jesus" fell into financial hard times and almost lost their home.

At a men's retreat 3 pastors who studied at Rhema Bible Training College - founder Kenneth Hagin, also studied under Kenneth Copeland, stood around me and all 3 put their hands on my stomach. I asked them what were they doing? "We're going to teach you to speak in tongues."
Yikes! Again, I took them serious, but was not susceptible.

These are true stories of my friends and myself who love the Lord, but were vulnerable to these types of revivals, such as the video in this topic.

In my testimony what God has done for me is bring the right biblicists, teachers, preachers and partners in Christ into my life. I felt shepherded with the right ministering, safe, secure and though the trials and extreme sufferings have been there, this all built up in my personal growth in Christ.

I'm not saying they were all "Paulines" nor perfect, but none of what I experienced and saw before my eyes (including the video) had anything to do with what God has done in our lives today.

Praise His Wonderful Name!

Oh, and one day I was online and God led me to this site called Christian Forum Site and met all of you. No frenzies, no gibberish speech, just good folks who want to talk Jesus.

God bless everyone.

Which is exactly why it is important to be a "Biblicist".

It is important to know what the Bible actually says instead of what men tell you it says.
Agreed - IF you aren't familiar with what the Bible says, you're FAIR GAME for deception. The problem, of course, is that everybody (you and me included) have INTERPRETATIONS.

Its just that from the very beginning, this so called Holy Ghost movement had bad theology and even at times heresies coming forth under the guise of "Holy Spirit teaching and leading"
Unless, of course, your own personal package of "Interpretations/Beliefs" aren't as accurate as you THINK they are. A LOT of that went on in the '70s.

Nothing also about a second act of grace evidenced by speaking forth in tongues!
Unless you pull of your "cessationist glasses", and see the Biblical evidence for it -
John 20:22 = the Holy Spirit INDWELLING, Acts 2:4 = the Holy Spirit UPON those who already were indwelled by Him.

Simple as that.

Hello Major;

What caught my attention was the preacher standing at the pulpit with his unwrinkled suit and tie, smiling and laughing while everyone else was in a frenzy. I was introduced to this type of gathering when my wife and I were younger. We went up, seriously, we both couldn't be susceptible to this act.

Some of the people we were with all exclaimed, "Wow! What an experience of the Holy Spirit! This was truly an act of God!" A week later they all stop talking about it and didn't have a revelation of why they experienced this frenzy and what was God's message?!?

One couple went on to "name it and claim it" and purchased a new car on payment terms, and then proclaimed God blessed them with a new car. They fell on hard times because of their high debt ratio.

The husband of another couple developed the worst of type II diabetes, prayed and claimed healing in the name of Jesus. Then he immediately stopped taking his insulin and meds all together. He died 4 years ago.

Another couple lived very modestly in their small 2 bedroom home, sold it and purchased a brand new house by "naming and claiming it in the name of Jesus" fell into financial hard times and almost lost their home.

At a men's retreat 3 pastors who studied at Rhema Bible Training College - founder Kenneth Hagin, also studied under Kenneth Copeland, stood around me and all 3 put their hands on my stomach. I asked them what were they doing? "We're going to teach you to speak in tongues."
Yikes! Again, I took them serious, but was not susceptible.

These are true stories of my friends and myself who love the Lord, but were vulnerable to these types of revivals, such as the video in this topic.

In my testimony what God has done for me is bring the right biblicists, teachers, preachers and partners in Christ into my life. I felt shepherded with the right ministering, safe, secure and though the trials and extreme sufferings have been there, this all built up in my personal growth in Christ.

I'm not saying they were all "Paulines" nor perfect, but none of what I experienced and saw before my eyes (including the video) had anything to do with what God has done in our lives today.

Praise His Wonderful Name!

Oh, and one day I was online and God led me to this site called Christian Forum Site and met all of you. No frenzies, no gibberish speech, just good folks who want to talk Jesus.

God bless everyone.
There seems to be a lack of the spiritual gift of discernment among many Christians today!

Unless, of course, your own personal package of "Interpretations/Beliefs" aren't as accurate as you THINK they are. A LOT of that went on in the '70s.
Yes, remembering the ole Shepard movement, when people could not get marries or get jobs unless/until their "leaders" told them what to do!

Unless you pull of your "cessationist glasses", and see the Biblical evidence for it -
John 20:22 = the Holy Spirit INDWELLING, Acts 2:4 = the Holy Spirit UPON those who already were indwelled by Him.

Simple as that.
ANY verse commanding us to seek the Baptism in the Holy Ghost then?

(Thinking of the 'Toronto video')
Regardless, whether there is 'angel feathers', 'gold dust', people squirming and writhing on the floor, or healings etc., it's all meaningless unless there is a verbal message attending it...and usually the message in those sideshows do not glorify our Lord, but rather glorifies the 'performance', or the group or the 'supernatural gifts' which seldom have their origins in God.

There seems to be a lack of the spiritual gift of discernment among many Christians today!

Hello YeshuaFan;

Sad, but yes. I was led to question their discernment as well as my own. Afterall, who am I?

These are grown up friends who love the Lord as well as us loving them, but ultimately, they had to make their own decisions.

They also questioned my motives and more than once, they said I was spiritually dead.

I also made my decision and had to live with it.

ANY verse commanding us to seek the Baptism in the Holy Ghost then?
The disciples waited for it to come at the appointed time, and there's nothing forbidding US to ask for it. I did, and when it happened many things changed. Doesn't matter for you, since you don't even believe in it to begin with.

Yes, remembering the ole Shepard movement, when people could not get marries or get jobs unless/until their "leaders" told them what to do!
That was a "Rabbit trail" that turned into "Domination" and got UGLY in a hurry. Folks familiar with the Bible saw through it easily.

I think it's terrible that Satan tries to counterfeit revival but of course you can't put it past him to do things like that.
It dupes the baby christians ( even if they grown up, they might not be spiritually) Wolves!

Hey Lanolin;

I agree with you. I also find terrible that no matter what church one attends nor how much of a guard we put up we can still get sidetracked and Satan can get his licks in.

Ugh, that was the Church where the person first asked if I was born again and later accused me of saying I was born again.
They were into Derek Prince, Bob Mumford and that whole gang.
After going forward to receive Christ Mar 17, 1974 I had to appear the next day in court on some drug charge. I was sentenced to 30 days. It was the best 30 days as I was able to get away from the drugs and witchcraft etc. I had plenty of time to read a bible and pray. God touched me in a powerful way there in jail.
So I came back down home after jail, witnessed to my mom and others, got involved in a Church and House Ministry.
After about 5 months I went back up to Wa. and went back to that same Church (into the Shepherding Movement) publicly proclaimed my testimony, and the first word from the pastor as he met me in the narthex after service, was..."Are you going to submit now?".
Wow, he didn't even know me from boo, had never involved himself in my conversion, nothing, nada.
Subsequently, it left a bad taste in my mouth for that movement.

Last edited:
Ugh, that was the Church where the person first asked if I was born again and later accused me of saying I was born again.
They were into Derek Prince, Bob Mumford and that whole gang.
After going forward to receive Christ Mar 17, 1974 I had to appear the next day in court on some drug charge. I was sentenced to 30 days. It was the best 30 days as I was able to get away from the drugs and witchcraft etc. I had plenty of time to read a bible and pray. God touched me in a powerful way there in jail.
So I came back down home after jail, witnessed to my mom and others got involved in a Church and House Ministry.
After about 5 months I went back up to Wa. and went back to that same Church (into the Shepherding Movement) publicly proclaimed my testimony, and the first word from the pastor as he met me in the narthex after service, was..."Are you going to submit now?".
Wow, he didn't even know me from boo, had never involved himself in my conversion, nothing, nada.

Hello, crossnote;

THAT WAS YOUR REVIVAL!
I believe this was your awakening, rejuvenation and restoration in Christ.

I don't know why but revivals don't have to be an official venue and can occur anywhere the Lord wills.

From reading your testimony reminded me of these lyrics by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, where John hit a crossroads in his unhappy life and was seeking a turning point.

Sitting in an English garden
Waiting for the sun
If the sun don't come you get a tan
From standing in the English rain

Thanks for sharing.

Hello, crossnote;

THAT WAS YOUR REVIVAL!
I believe this was your awakening, rejuvenation and restoration in Christ.

I don't know why but revivals don't have to be an official venue and can occur anywhere the Lord wills.

From reading your testimony reminded me of these lyrics by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, where John hit a crossroads in his unhappy life and was seeking a turning point.

Sitting in an English garden
Waiting for the sun
If the sun don't come you get a tan
From standing in the English rain

Thanks for sharing.
Bob there was so much that happened in those 20 days (10 days off for good behavior), I could write a book. Never looked back since.

(Thinking of the 'Toronto video')
Regardless, whether there is 'angel feathers', 'gold dust', people squirming and writhing on the floor, or healings etc., it's all meaningless unless there is a verbal message attending it...and usually the message in those sideshows do not glorify our Lord, but rather glorifies the 'performance', or the group or the 'supernatural gifts' which seldom have their origins in God.
The Holy Spirit is not involved in those vulgar displays, so its either the flesh and emotionalism running amok, or demoniac!

The disciples waited for it to come at the appointed time, and there's nothing forbidding US to ask for it. I did, and when it happened many things changed. Doesn't matter for you, since you don't even believe in it to begin with.
Its not in the Bible, as all of us were baptized by the same Holy Spirit when saved!

Back