Second Coming War and Rule of the King of kings.

Where there is indeed disagreement about the nature and defining role of Christ at, and after, His second coming, the following gives a good preamble to what is to come, no matter what any of us may think about what is to come thereafter:

Revelation 19:11-16

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes [were] as a flame of fire, and on his head [were] many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Clearly, what is to come after His return is THEN His rule over all the nations, and that iron rod rule will be the result of His making war with all those nations to conquer and to rule over them.

Disagreements? Yeah. They're plentiful, but in the end we have the word as it's written, and kicking against that only breaks one's own toes.

MM

Disagreements? Yeah. They're plentiful, but in the end we have the word as it's written, and kicking against that only breaks one's own toes.
dont really matter if some disagree or not Facts are its fixing to happen when i dont know. but by what i see and others feel.the end is getting very close . Revelation 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Revelation 6:16-17
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Psalm 24:3-5
3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place?
4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

the only thing left to happen is the return of Christ to take us out of here

Where there is indeed disagreement about the nature and defining role of Christ at, and after, His second coming, the following gives a good preamble to what is to come, no matter what any of us may think about what is to come thereafter:

Revelation 19:11-16 11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes [were] as a flame of fire, and on his head [were] many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Clearly, what is to come after His return is THEN His rule over all the nations, and that iron rod rule will be the result of His making war with all those nations to conquer and to rule over them.
MM

Hello MM;

This is cleary Jesus Christ' return to a hostile earth. Hostile meaning the world who determines "their" doctrine of the things to come, or the world who could care less about the role of the Son of God. Let the world beware.

What makes me shudder more, is the world who never knew who Christ is, therefore is not qualified to have a disagreement of Jesus' return. These are the ones whom Jesus judges and makes war against those who reject Him.

In the meantime, what are we to do daily? Continue to go forth, believe, get on our knees and shout, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

God bless you, Musicmaster, and thank you for sharing.

Isaiah 42:13-18 (NASB) The LORD will go forth like a warrior, He will arouse His zeal like a man of war. He will utter a shout, yes, He will raise a war cry. He will prevail against His enemies. "I have kept silent for a long time, I have kept still and restrained Myself. Now like a woman in labor I will groan, I will both gasp and pant. "I will lay waste the mountains and hills And wither all their vegetation; I will make the rivers into coastlands And dry up the ponds. "I will lead the blind by a way they do not know, In paths they do not know I will guide them. I will make darkness into light before them And rugged places into plains. These are the things I will do, And I will not leave them undone." They will be turned back and be utterly put to shame, Who trust in idols, Who say to molten images, "You are our gods." Hear, you deaf! And look, you blind, that you may see.

Maranatha, come Lord Jesus.

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes [were] as a flame of fire, and on his head [were] many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

MM

What a day that will be when we mount our own white horses and follow Christ! The older I get the more I look forward to this day!

Then when I think of some people I love who will not come to Christ......I fear this day for them.

In most depictions of the 2nd coming, the judgement is meted out and the earth is roasted and gone, all rather quickly. Mt 24, I Cor 15, Heb 9, 2 Peter 3, the Thess letters.

Yes ever since the Resurrection, a Christian declares that Christ was made Lord and Messiah by God, and this world is his property and possession. We should use Ps 2 like the apostles did and warn people to 'honor the Son, or he will strike you.'

Clearly, what is to come after His return is THEN His rule over all the nations, and that iron rod rule will be the result of His making war with all those nations to conquer and to rule over them. Disagreements? Yeah. They're plentiful, but in the end we have the word as it's written, and kicking against that only breaks one's own toes.

MM

In most depictions of the 2nd coming, the judgement is meted out and the earth is roasted and gone, all rather quickly. Mt 24, I Cor 15, Heb 9, 2 Peter 3, the Thess letters. Yes ever since the Resurrection, a Christian declares that Christ was made Lord and Messiah by God, and this world is his property and possession. We should use Ps 2 like the apostles did and warn people to 'honor the Son, or he will strike you.'

Hello Musicmaster and Decoder;

This is a very good and interesting topic, sprinkled with serious thoughts to your posts. My question is, how do you take what you posted and share with the lost or misguided Christian?

God bless you, brothers, and thank you.

This is a very good and interesting topic, sprinkled with serious thoughts to your posts. My question is, how do you take what you posted and share with the lost or misguided Christian?

I don't think it helps to batter them with the judgement aspect, which may be why the earliest Christian declaration is perhaps a little more arresting: that Christ was enthroned to great honor (and still is) by the resurrection event, and this place all belongs to Him. When Israel did not recognize this, they lost everything as a sign and portent. Then the final and total judgement may be more sensible.

Personally, I think knowledge about what the Bible tells us about the 2nd Coming enables us to answer questions from those who do not know so that any fear can be removed. We can do that by explaining that faith in Christ today removes any fear about tomarrow.

What a day that will be when we mount our own white horses and follow Christ! The older I get the more I look forward to this day!

Then when I think of some people I love who will not come to Christ......I fear this day for them.

Be very careful about this kind of talk. There are those out there who allegorize almost everything prophetic in the Bible in order to wrest it to their own designs. That horse may not therefore be real, and you end up on the ground of a cloud after trying to mount up on an allegorized horse...

MM

Yeah. What D said, specifically in relation to the unbeliever and the new convert...unless they were like me when I began to learn the deeper things. Being a weirdo, I wanted to dive right into the fire and brimstone stuff with my being a remnant of the movie generation....

MM

Be very careful about this kind of talk. There are those out there who allegorize almost everything prophetic in the Bible in order to wrest it to their own designs. That horse may not therefore be real, and you end up on the ground of a cloud after trying to mount up on an allegorized horse...

MM

LOL!.........I have missed your wit!

Yes, I agree. Old fuddy duddy's like you and me are getting scarce.

A note on the NET on Rev 20.

As you may know the NET and others divert the 'attention' of the reader at v5 and say that 'the rest of the dead...' is an aside which must be put in parentheses. So then we would have the following sequence:

*the beheaded are raised (immediately) and reign with Christ for this long period of his reign
*other Christians (not treated so cruelly) are raised later, after the reign.
*This raising of the others is the 'first resurrection'.
*Those raised in the first resurrection are 'blessed and holy' and the 2nd death (eternal) has no power over them and they will reign with Christ for the long 1000 year reign.

Of course, the last one does not work. He had just said they were raised later, after the reign.

So here is the meaning of the passage:
*the beheaded are raised (immediately) and reign with Christ for this long period of his reign
*This raising of the beheaded is the 'first resurrection'.
*Those raised in the first resurrection are 'blessed and holy' and the 2nd death (eternal) has no power over them and they will reign with Christ for the long 1000 year reign.

The reign is now, Acts 2:30, 31, 34-36, 3:19-21, 4:25-26 (Ps 2). The other Christians (not treated so cruelly, 'those who have fallen asleep in the Lord') are raised later, after this current reign.

I think this passage was meant to honor those who were treated awfully, to uplift those who knew they would be beheaded. As I recall, Paul was, for one.

The reign is now, Acts 2:30, 31, 34-36, 3:19-21, 4:25-26 (Ps 2). The other Christians (not treated so cruelly, 'those who have fallen asleep in the Lord') are raised later, after this current reign.

I think this passage was meant to honor those who were treated awfully, to uplift those who knew they would be beheaded. As I recall, Paul was, for one.

Are you Amillennialistic in your beliefs? If so, then we're not allowed to discuss the topic as a debate, but I just wanted to get clarification as to your actual position.

MM

A note on the NET on Rev 20.

As you may know the NET and others divert the 'attention' of the reader at v5 and say that 'the rest of the dead...' is an aside which must be put in parentheses. So then we would have the following sequence:

*This raising of the others is the 'first resurrection'.

Of course, the last one does not work. He had just said they were raised later, after the reign.

So here is the meaning of the passage:
*This raising of the beheaded is the 'first resurrection'.

You said.............of Rev. 20
"the beheaded are raised (immediately) and reign with Christ for this long period of his reign"

"and they will reign with Christ for the long 1000 year reign. .........The reign is now, "

When exactly did all this beheading take place?????
Was it a LITERAL removal of the heads of people or are you suggesting a "Symbolic/allegorical" beheading?????

That is a Preterist view.....is it not?

i find it very sad when there is a Christian forum and there are certain Bible subjects you cant discuss
Staff Note - The "Rules" and the "Topics That Can Not Be Discussed" were put in place many years ago to PREVENT arguing and anger filled exchanges.

CFS is unlike other forums, where arguing, name calling, demeaning and superiority postings are allowed. CFS is a Friendly net location for Christians to gather in Fellowship; without all the anger filled drama that takes place elsewhere.

In the future, if you have an issue with how things are moderated here at this Forum, please feel free to PM a staff member to express your concerns. As a minister yourself, I'm sure that you would rather have a Friendly Christian gathering place rather than one that is filled with anger and un-Christian behavior.

`

Staff Note - The "Rules" and the "Topics That Can Not Be Discussed" were put in place many years ago to PREVENT arguing and anger filled exchanges.

CFS is unlike other forums, where arguing, name calling, demeaning and superiority postings are allowed. CFS is a Friendly net location for Christians to gather in Fellowship; without all the anger filled drama that takes place elsewhere.

In the future, if you have an issue with how things are moderated here at this Forum, please feel free to PM a staff member to express your concerns. As a minister yourself, I'm sure that you would rather have a Friendly Christian gathering place rather than one that is filled with anger and un-Christian behavior.

`
Christians cant have all this? a Friendly Christian gathering place

You said.............of Rev. 20
"the beheaded are raised (immediately) and reign with Christ for this long period of his reign"

"and they will reign with Christ for the long 1000 year reign. .........The reign is now, "

When exactly did all this beheading take place?????
Was it a LITERAL removal of the heads of people or are you suggesting a "Symbolic/allegorical" beheading?????

That is a Preterist view.....is it not?

Some of the apostles were. Possibly 12:2. There is a doc out there on the apostles, and all were killed in similar ways. The point is simply they were not 'the rest of the dead.'

That point about the immediate honoring of the believers who die horribly was made to show that the 'rest of the dead' join the horribly killed at the end of the 1000 year reign, which is now, because that raising of the 'rest of the dead' is called the first resurrection. The 2nd resurrection would be that they join believers in the NHNE.

Otherwise the first has to apply back to Christ's himself or what he mentioned in Jn 10 about his being the resurrection and the life, and that if a person believed, he had transferred from death to life already, Jn 5:24-30.

If Jesus calls himself the resurrection, is that literal by your standard?

Back