Second Coming War and Rule of the King of kings.

curious doe pan pan millennialist go against the grain?

I hope I'm not demeaning anyone in my posts.

On the question of the millenium/or 'amillenium,' we need a bit of clarity: do we mean that an exact 1000 year period is on earth in (our) future? Might it mean the 'long reign of Christ'? I don't find much support for the former; I find more support for the latter. In which case, I do believe in a millenium, but in particular not one that is exactly 1000 years on earth.

I should ask a parallel question: has society overall worsened since Christ? (I noticed today a history article in which most wars are started by a determined individual, against his general population's will. That would support an improvement in society.). I have in my archives an extensive list of things from general society, human rights, medicine, slavery (defeated by evangelicals) etc., which are now improved compared to the time of Christ. This is not to deny what happens at the end of the 'reign' which is that Satan 'inhabits' the kings of the earth for a short desperate time and they are vanquished, per Ps 2. That is coming, and replicates what happened in Israel in 66-72 AD.

Are you Amillennialistic in your beliefs? If so, then we're not allowed to discuss the topic as a debate, but I just wanted to get clarification as to your actual position.

MM

The term can be confusing in itself, and I believe the rule is that you cannot present what they are calling amillenialism, but the topic can be discussed.

As I asked above, do we mean a future (our future) 1000 years on earth or might it be the present reign of Christ as presented in Rev 20, in which those beheaded 'go to the head of the line' (no pun intended) and are honored immediately, while those who die (the rest of the dead) are raised at the end of the 1000 years (obviously they miss it). I find little support for the former, and a lot for the latter, which is what the passage is talking about.

Stephen, for ex., was not beheaded (did it matter?) but he was honored immediately when Jesus stood to welcome him to the enormous and noisy celebration of Christ that is going on in heaven now (Acts 8:56):

"Hark how the heavenly anthem drowns
all music but its own."

--"Crown Him With Many Crowns"

The Rev 20 passage uplifts those whose lives would be egregiously ended.

The term can be confusing in itself, and I believe the rule is that you cannot present what they are calling amillenialism, but the topic can be discussed.

As I asked above, do we mean a future (our future) 1000 years on earth or might it be the present reign of Christ as presented in Rev 20, in which those beheaded 'go to the head of the line' (no pun intended) and are honored immediately, while those who die (the rest of the dead) are raised at the end of the 1000 years (obviously they miss it). I find little support for the former, and a lot for the latter, which is what the passage is talking about.

Stephen, for ex., was not beheaded (did it matter?) but he was honored immediately when Jesus stood to welcome him to the enormous and noisy celebration of Christ that is going on in heaven now (Acts 8:56):

"Hark how the heavenly anthem drowns
all music but its own."

--"Crown Him With Many Crowns"

The Rev 20 passage uplifts those whose lives would be egregiously ended.

You did not answer the question asked of you by MM.

On the question of the millenium/or 'amillenium,' we need a bit of clarity: do we mean that an exact 1000 year period is on earth in (our) future? Might it mean the 'long reign of Christ'? I don't find much support for the former; I find more support for the latter. In which case, I do believe in a millenium, but in particular not one that is exactly 1000 years on earth.

I should ask a parallel question: has society overall worsened since Christ? (I noticed today a history article in which most wars are started by a determined individual, against his general population's will. That would support an improvement in society.). I have in my archives an extensive list of things from general society, human rights, medicine, slavery (defeated by evangelicals) etc., which are now improved compared to the time of Christ. This is not to deny what happens at the end of the 'reign' which is that Satan 'inhabits' the kings of the earth for a short desperate time and they are vanquished, per Ps 2. That is coming, and replicates what happened in Israel in 66-72 AD.
You said.............
"do we mean that an exact 1000 year period is on earth in (our) future?"

YES!

The Thousand Years​

Rev. 20:1-5...........
" And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended."

Rev. 20:4............
“And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years . . . blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years” .

Three times in the passage the author, John, states “…bound him [Satan] for a thousand years” (Revelation 20:2); “…And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years” (Revelation 20:4); and “…and shall reign with Him a thousand years” (Revelation 20:6). In all three of these passages, the literal rendering of the text is that Satan is bound and the saints reign one thousand years (one is included in the word thousand in Greek). The other three occurrences “…till the thousand years were finished” (Revelation 20:3); “again until the thousand years were finished” (Revelation 20:5); and “…when the thousand years have expired…” (Revelation 20:7) all refer to a specific time indicated by the use of the definite article the. The word the is a limiter or a definer. It tells us that something specific is indicated. Therefore, the time frame is not something undefined but in fact it is very defined. “The thousand years…” reinforces the fact that a literal amount of time is indicated since it points back to “a thousand years” already mentioned in verse 2.

The millennium is the 1,000-year reign of Jesus after the tribulation and before the Great White Throne Judgment of the wicked.
During the millennium, Jesus will reign as king over Israel and all the nations of the world (Isaiah 2:4; 42:1).
The world will live in peace (Isaiah 11:6–9; 32:18),
Satan will be bound (Revelation 20:1–3), and,
at the beginning, everyone will worship God (Isaiah 2:2–3).

The purpose of the 1,000-year reign is to fulfill various promises God made to the world. Some of these promises, called covenants, were given specifically to Israel. Others were given to Jesus, the nations of the world, and creation. Jesus’ 1,000-year reign will be a time of promises kept.

You did not answer the question asked of you by MM.

The kingdom of God (Dan 2) that came in Christ (hundreds of NT references) is the reign of Christ. 'Kingdom' is basileiu, or reign. He was enthroned in the resurrection (Acts 2, 3, Eph 1, Col 1, Phil 2). Yet we find that in it weeds grow with the crop, that there is martyrdom, like the Rev 20 passage shows. The nations rage against the Lord and His Christ. It is now, yet it is not "on earth" in the same sense as New York City is on earth.

I hope MM can understand that believing in the finality of God’s righteous judgement, and believing one person’s version of the finality of that judgement are not the same thing. People who are very attached to their version's details are the first ones to say that ‘you don’t believe in the final judgement.’ Which is a very strange conclusion and unhelpful.

We share that ‘God has given proof of judging all mankind by raising Christ from the dead’ Acts 17:31. That is because of the resurrection’s deep connection to Ps 2 and 110—one of the honors of being the raised Messiah is He will see God deal with his enemies.

Please forgive if you find anything demeaning here. Nothing meant to be.

You said.............

YES!

The Thousand Years​

" And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended."

“And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years . . . blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years” .

Three times in the passage the author, John, states “…bound him [Satan] for a thousand years” (Revelation 20:2); “…And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years” (Revelation 20:4); and “…and shall reign with Him a thousand years” (Revelation 20:6). In all three of these passages, the literal rendering of the text is that Satan is bound and the saints reign one thousand years (one is included in the word thousand in Greek). The other three occurrences “…till the thousand years were finished” (Revelation 20:3); “again until the thousand years were finished” (Revelation 20:5); and “…when the thousand years have expired…” (Revelation 20:7) all refer to a specific time indicated by the use of the definite article the. The word the is a limiter or a definer. It tells us that something specific is indicated. Therefore, the time frame is not something undefined but in fact it is very defined. “The thousand years…” reinforces the fact that a literal amount of time is indicated since it points back to “a thousand years” already mentioned in verse 2.

The millennium is the 1,000-year reign of Jesus after the tribulation and before the Great White Throne Judgment of the wicked.
During the millennium, Jesus will reign as king over Israel and all the nations of the world (Isaiah 2:4; 42:1).

The purpose of the 1,000-year reign is to fulfill various promises God made to the world. Some of these promises, called covenants, were given specifically to Israel. Others were given to Jesus, the nations of the world, and creation. Jesus’ 1,000-year reign will be a time of promises kept.

Since there is a rebellion at the end of the period, 'for a short while' there is a deduction right there. But the other illustrations about 1000 have been given. Speech has idioms. Compare 'every mountain was removed from its place.' You could not have an earth if that happened. Any human alive would be drowned. Rev. 6:14, 16:20.

Compare 70x7. We probably don't stop exactly at 490.

If you don't think those promises to Israel were fulfilled as Joshua and Ps 105 say, then there is an additional problem: the Hebrew term 'forever'. It won't work to just fuflfill them for 1000 years less the rebellion. Unless 'forever' means a very long period instead.

Both Acts 13 and 2 Cor 1 do say that all promises have been fulfilled in Christ, in his resurrection. Specifically promises to the fathers, Acts 13. That background is important when you go to Acts 26 where Judaism is still trying to see things fulfilled that Paul says already is. They are already being shared with the nations, Eph 3:1--6.

You said.............

YES!

The Thousand Years​

The millenium you have described is not mentioned in other passages in the NT about the 2nd coming.

I just reviewed chs 15--19 and notice how much of it is multiple visions at a time. The huge city is destroyed twice; the horrible monster person is destroyed 3 times. It may look like he is different from Satan, but he does the same things, has the same following, tries the same last gasp revolt. I get no sense at all that there is sequence, until ch 21 and the earth is finally gone. Then there are multiple visions of the NHNE.

Matt 24 is the same multiple layers: 'And there will be...' 'And you will be...' 'And there will be...' all at the same time.

There is a very different doctrine about the promises grounded in Acts 13, or Acts 2-3 and Hebrews. It is Christ-based, usually in the resurrection event itself. "David saw the coming enthronement and spoke of the resurrection" like Ps 2 and 110 say and were officially used by the apostles.

I don't think there is anything demeaning said here, not intended anyway.

Check your translations about putting 20:5 in parenthesis. That's modern editors. I don't know why they do it. The passage is also difficult because a second resurrection explanation is certainly needed, but none is given. Again, I think it is about honoring those who died cruelly in Christ, compared to those who did not.

The language about the identity mark is certainly given in 1st century terms. That means it was already a danger. It's a danger any time it is tried!

The title here is the 2nd Coming War. But 'war' is not meant in the usual human sense like the Russian-Ukrainian war. You will see this in Thessalonians. The Lord descends, collects his people, and quickly vanquishes the evil nations.

no when i say i am a pan millennialist. if we live for the Lord like we should everything will pan out. i don't get involved in prophecies i go by what the word tells me. however i do find it silly when Bible based subjects can not be discussed in a Christian manner

the 2nd Coming War.

there is a eternal going on inside us thess is very interesting only He who will let

The millenium you have described is not mentioned in other passages in the NT about the 2nd coming.

I just reviewed chs 15--19 and notice how much of it is multiple visions at a time. The huge city is destroyed twice; the horrible monster person is destroyed 3 times. It may look like he is different from Satan, but he does the same things, has the same following, tries the same last gasp revolt. I get no sense at all that there is sequence, until ch 21 and the earth is finally gone. Then there are multiple visions of the NHNE.

Matt 24 is the same multiple layers: 'And there will be...' 'And you will be...' 'And there will be...' all at the same time.

There is a very different doctrine about the promises grounded in Acts 13, or Acts 2-3 and Hebrews. It is Christ-based, usually in the resurrection event itself. "David saw the coming enthronement and spoke of the resurrection" like Ps 2 and 110 say and were officially used by the apostles.

I don't think there is anything demeaning said here, not intended anyway.

Check your translations about putting 20:5 in parenthesis. That's modern editors. I don't know why they do it. The passage is also difficult because a second resurrection explanation is certainly needed, but none is given. Again, I think it is about honoring those who died cruelly in Christ, compared to those who did not.

The language about the identity mark is certainly given in 1st century terms. That means it was already a danger. It's a danger any time it is tried!
everybody sees these things in a different manner nothing wrong with with that. its when it comes to the point of the beating of the chest. as in saying i am correct all others wrong .i really dont expect this post to last long with out it being closed

What a day that will be when we mount our own white horses and follow Christ! The older I get the more I look forward to this day!

Then when I think of some people I love who will not come to Christ......I fear this day for them.
Oh give me a break sir, when Christians die RIGHT NOW AND TODAY they pass go and go to heaven. Re
ASV
And I heard a voice from heaven saying, Write, Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from henceforth: yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labors; for their works follow with them.
v.14:13,

UNDERSTAND reality for Pete's sake! White horses is a spiritual statement, just like the white robes in Revelation.
Nothing literal to see there.

Isaiah 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Hmm. The wolves still, in this (C)hurch age, continue to try and eat the lambs of our flock out in the field. Some I have known over the years say that this is all allegorical. Well, they can apply that visionary interpretation of it as they wish, and others can take it literally. I will not chastise either side of the topic because God is Sovereign, and He will see through His truth no matter what man or woman is right, and which is wrong. Truth is a Person, not a collection of right and proper doctrines and interpretations. I look to the Person for Him to give to me His thoughts and His ways. He alone is right.

MM

Truth is a Person, not a collection of right and proper doctrines and interpretations. I look to the Person for Him to give to me His thoughts and His ways. He alone is right.
your exactly right .there is much false junk movements out there .its like fleas on a dog Isiah 8:20“To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.”

Myself,I do not believe all the word is in chronological order. Nevertheless it all is true and will be according to his plan.

Many thousands of years most of the word was spread orally, there was zero written and not a compiled word of God, a lot of what we think thus saith the word of God is based on allogoric,symbolic and man made interpretations or revealed by the Spirit.

We have been allowed to have the darkness in our understanding pulled back ONLY so far.

The first resurrection, Mt.27:50-53 upon Jesus' death and resurrection,graves were opened and many bodies of the saints arose and appeared to many ( living). None even looked for the first resurrection,not even his followers but it happened.

Some 2000 yrs later we are looking for the second resurrection and coming upon his return.

After John hears what Christ commends and rebukes of the church ages,we then have to study,not just read what will be revealed by the Holy Spirit.

My understanding, thin as it may be, is war will reign from the AC against those alive saints and sinners that refuse his mark,it will be the only means of survival to buy,sell,receive medical care and so forth and will be for a short time.( many anti-christ have already come from Nero to Hitler)

Then when the ABOMINATION is fostered upon humanity begins the wrath of God against the AC and his minions. There will be a remnant of living ppl that survive the AC,they will replenish the earth for the 1000 yr reign.

Rev.20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christs,and shall reign with him a thousand yrs.Then the judgements by the saints (1Cor.6:2/3,Rev.19:11).We do not know how many dead came forth or from what all parts of the earth when Jesus arose. Wheither their time was from Adam to Noah,from Noah until Jesus' resurrection or both.

We do know that they that are alive shall NOT prevent those that sleep.

Last there will be a great battle,one Satan has waited many centuries for between God and himself. Remember he has since his rebellion desired to overthrow God and become God.

All saints will join in this battle for Satan has his last stand here before the lake of fire!

Myself,I do not believe all the word is in chronological order. Nevertheless it all is true and will be according to his plan.

Many thousands of years most of the word was spread orally, there was zero written and not a compiled word of God, a lot of what we think thus saith the word of God is based on allogoric,symbolic and man made interpretations or revealed by the Spirit.

We have been allowed to have the darkness in our understanding pulled back ONLY so far.

The first resurrection, Mt.27:50-53 upon Jesus' death and resurrection,graves were opened and many bodies of the saints arose and appeared to many ( living). None even looked for the first resurrection,not even his followers but it happened.

Some 2000 yrs later we are looking for the second resurrection and coming upon his return.

After John hears what Christ commends and rebukes of the church ages,we then have to study,not just read what will be revealed by the Holy Spirit.

My understanding, thin as it may be, is war will reign from the AC against those alive saints and sinners that refuse his mark,it will be the only means of survival to buy,sell,receive medical care and so forth and will be for a short time.( many anti-christ have already come from Nero to Hitler)

Then when the ABOMINATION is fostered upon humanity begins the wrath of God against the AC and his minions. There will be a remnant of living ppl that survive the AC,they will replenish the earth for the 1000 yr reign.

Rev.20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christs,and shall reign with him a thousand yrs.Then the judgements by the saints (1Cor.6:2/3,Rev.19:11).We do not know how many dead came forth or from what all parts of the earth when Jesus arose. Wheither their time was from Adam to Noah,from Noah until Jesus' resurrection or both.

We do know that they that are alive shall NOT prevent those that sleep.

Last there will be a great battle,one Satan has waited many centuries for between God and himself. Remember he has since his rebellion desired to overthrow God and become God.

All saints will join in this battle for Satan has his last stand here before the lake of fire!

I agree and it looks like your prophetic understanding is Literal which is mine as well.

I would only ask what you mean by.............
"I do not believe all the word is in chronological order."

Chronological order is listing, describing, or discussing when events happened as they relate to time. It is like looking at a timeline to view what occurred first and what happened after that.

I am just curiouse so that I can be on the same page of understanding.

Oh give me a break sir, when Christians die RIGHT NOW AND TODAY they pass go and go to heaven. Re
ASV
And I heard a voice from heaven saying, Write, Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from henceforth: yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labors; for their works follow with them.

UNDERSTAND reality for Pete's sake! White horses is a spiritual statement, just like the white robes in Revelation.

OK. You can take a break at 11:30 but be back at 11:15!!!!

Yes.....when a believer dies today, their spirt goes to be with the Lord in heaven. That is Christianity 101!
Since that is a Bible fact I have no idea why you made the post.

Personally, I think that if you would make your posts less challenging they would be better receivd.

So, As for Rev. 19:14 and those white horses. I apologize to you. I am used to speaking to and teaching those who are wanting to learn the Bible instead of promoting a personal agenda. So then, allow me to say to you that to grasp what John is saying one has to go back to the beginning for proper CONTEXT.

Rev. 1:10........
" I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,".

(19)....
" Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;"

John was IN the Spirit and was given a vision. He was told to write what he has SEEN = History.
Then the things which are = His present day.
Then The things which shall be herafter= what the Lord Jesus is about to tell him.

So what he is about to see in this vision is at least, as of today, 2000 years in his future. He will then write down what he is shown in HIS OWN LANGUAGE WITH HIS OWN 95 AD UNDRESTANDING.

Miss that and you might as well put down the Revelation and read Alce in Wonder Land.

Now, with that fact in mind we need to understand what the Armies in Johns day acted like.
It was customary for Roman generals to celebrate their victories by leading a procession through Rome. The procession was called a "triumph." The victorious general, riding on a white horse, led the way, and was followed by his army. The last group in the procession was the captives who were chained and dragged by the general's soldiers. This verse tells us about the moment when the Captain of our salvation (Hebrews 2:10) leads His armies in a victory parade—the second coming of Christ.

Now when we read Rev. 19:14 which YOU used, we can then see that All of the following members of the armies of heaven wear fine linen, white and pure. As His followers, redeemed believers are clothed in the garments of salvation and wear robes of righteousness.

Isaiah 61:10 declares......
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness."

They bear the righteousness of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21). Further, Christ's followers ride white horses, symbolic of the victory they share with their Lord. Romans 8:37 affirms that "we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

Now will we be riding LITERAL WHITE HORSES is your argument?

That is what John saw. That is what his testimony said. In his 95 AD knowledge of the Victory March that is what he believed.

Now whether we do or we do not IMHO does not matter. If we do GREAT. I am a country boy and I know how to ride a horse.

If NOT....I do not care one little bit. The only reason YOU brought it up is to argue your personal agenda instead of doing the Bible study that I just took the time to do for you.

ASV

Tone 🤔

Thank you Major

Maybe chronological wasn't the right choice of a word.
It is said that the book of Job is the oldest book but it doesn't appear to fit in the first order. Yet from Genesis where supposedly Moses is the authour, historically we can verify some accuracy by rulers,pharaohs and events,even through Samuel,Kings and Chronicles but where does Job fit.
I wish I had a better understanding of ancient Jewish history to apply the word to what we know.

Were the seven days of creation 7 straight days, when carbon dating and multiple test date earth as older than 6000 yrs.Archeology dates fossils of never seen species ,such things as dinosaurs,etc. when we have zero record of such.
Some of the events ppl have confused by placing the timeline here or there then we have those that believe 70 AD is an event that already established the destruction of Israel and the second coming.

A statement by Paul is taken out of context and a whole event made by tying cherry picked scripture to make a doctrine or doctrines that are only a couple centuries old.

I believe what the word says and we can understand it by revelation of the HS,it's the placing the pieces of the puzzle that's hard ,especially if man interferes.

Hope this clarifies something....lol
I might be confused now...........lol

Thank you Major

Maybe chronological wasn't the right choice of a word.
It is said that the book of Job is the oldest book but it doesn't appear to fit in the first order. Yet from Genesis where supposedly Moses is the authour, historically we can verify some accuracy by rulers,pharaohs and events,even through Samuel,Kings and Chronicles but where does Job fit.
I wish I had a better understanding of ancient Jewish history to apply the word to what we know.

Were the seven days of creation 7 straight days, when carbon dating and multiple test date earth as older than 6000 yrs.Archeology dates fossils of never seen species ,such things as dinosaurs,etc. when we have zero record of such.
Some of the events ppl have confused by placing the timeline here or there then we have those that believe 70 AD is an event that already established the destruction of Israel and the second coming.

A statement by Paul is taken out of context and a whole event made by tying cherry picked scripture to make a doctrine or doctrines that are only a couple centuries old.

I believe what the word says and we can understand it by revelation of the HS,it's the placing the pieces of the puzzle that's hard ,especially if man interferes.

Hope this clarifies something....lol
I might be confused now...........lol

Yes. I understand.

Job is said to be the oldest book because there are no mentions of the covenant, the Law of Moses or the priesthood. There are not even any mentions of the Israelite people or the Promised Land. Instead, Job offers sacrifices himself for his sons without the use of a priesthood, temple or consecrated altar.

Back