Speak Your Mind 2

Origins of life studies starts with chemistry, not biology.
As a YEC (Young Earth Creationist) and a Christian, I would unabashedly say Origins of Life starts with God's Word...

3 ¶ And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. (Gen 1:3)

3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. (Heb 11:3)

As a YEC (Young Earth Creationist) and a Christian, I would unabashedly say Origins of Life starts with God's Word...

3 ¶ And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. (Gen 1:3)

3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. (Heb 11:3)

Uh, oh. I can see where this could be carried away by some. They might say the Lord made what's seen from "dark matter." Yikes! If cosmologists had only come and talked to me back when they came up with that silly nonsense they call "dark matter," I would have informed them that all they've really done is bump up against Christ. After all, it's written that all things consist by Christ Jesus...He holds it all together with His power. They have come to realize that galaxies would not have spiral arms were it not for "dark matter" holding them together. So talking to me would have saved them all that time coming up with such a kooky-wonky theory of "dark matter." I must have been too preoccupied at the time...

MM

Uh, oh. I can see where this could be carried away by some. They might say the Lord made what's seen from "dark matter." Yikes! If cosmologists had only come and talked to me back when they came up with that silly nonsense they call "dark matter," I would have informed them that all they've really done is bump up against Christ. After all, it's written that all things consist by Christ Jesus...He holds it all together with His power. They have come to realize that galaxies would not have spiral arms were it not for "dark matter" holding them together. So talking to me would have saved them all that time coming up with such a kooky-wonky theory of "dark matter." I must have been too preoccupied at the time...

MM
What has that all have to do with my statement that you quoted? I never mentioned 'dark matter' or Dr. Tour.
I just gave my take on it.

This is what I responded to, not dark matter, "Origins of life studies starts with chemistry, not biology.":

Last edited:
What has that all have to do with my statement that you quoted? I never mentioned 'dark matter' or Dr. Tour.
I just gave my take on it.

Oh, it was relevant in your quote of Gen 1:3. That which was made was not made from what is seen. The theory behind "dark matter" is that it can't be seen, measured, detected or anything else, but that it must be there to provide the necessary mass to keep galaxies from flying apart.

MM

Oh, it was relevant in your quote of Gen 1:3. That which was made was not made from what is seen. The theory behind "dark matter" is that it can't be seen, measured, detected or anything else, but that it must be there to provide the necessary mass to keep galaxies from flying apart.

MM
In that case 'dark matter' seems a bit of a misnomer with the word 'matter', especially if it is compared to that which 'can't be seen'. Don't you think?

You had stated, "Origins of life studies starts with chemistry, not biology." . If dark matter can't be 'measured, detected, or anything else' how does it fall under the study of 'chemistry'?

Last edited:
In that case 'dark matter' seems a bit of a misnomer with the word 'matter', especially if it is compared to that which 'can't be seen'. Don't you think?

You had stated, "Origins of life studies starts with chemistry, not biology." . If dark matter can't be 'measured, detected, or anything else' how does it fall under the study of 'chemistry'?

Yes. It's a misnomer indeed given that all things consist by Christ. They gave a name to something in nature they can't explain since they deny Christ and His power that holds all things together.

I'd like to share with you the one topic those atheists on that blog absolutely did not like nor would they respond to it. This is the posting of mine that they avoided like a plague. The guy named Gary is the one who accused me of "love bombing" and trying to "shame" them into acceptance of Christ, both of which are false charges. Here's one of my responses:

Love bombing, Gary? LOL That’s a good one. If you really don’t believe in God, then nothing anyone says to you about it should bother you. The term “cult” isn’t necessarily a bad word. The cult of evolutionary origins is just as much a system of faith among the community (not consensus) of its followers as any cult that follows after their false deities. In your cult, there’s no hope for anything beyond this life. This little, short whisp of a life is all your pathetic system of faith offers. It’s all meaningless, with your emotions being nothing more than the result of chemical reactions that convey reasonings as nothing more than products of your genetics and nature-mandated thinking. Your fellows in Australia, most of whom are among the youth, are offing themselves because of all the meaninglessness in life your cult conveys that they have swallowed.

So, in the midst of all the meaninglessness your system of faith rests, I suspect more of your kind will start offing themselves as life becomes more difficult with world conditions getting worse and worse as a result of economic collapses and increasing hardships. Your Marxist cohorts will take over and show you people just how bad they can be, as they have a history of killing even their own out of mistrust and a desire to decrease populational sizing for the sake of ease of control and to “save mother earth from overpopulation.”

Yeah. You really have picked the side of a real winner, Gary. Enjoy your meaningless day and all the meaningless days ahead, and if you’re still in that state of mind and heart at the point of your last breath, just remember how meaningless your life was as it flashes before your eyes. It was all for nothing, because anything you did for others, according to your religion, was for others who also don’t account for anything meaningful, all of whom will fade off into nothingness as mankind eventually becomes extinct.

That all is only true if, and only if, what you believe were true…

That atheist Gary fella just won't give up. He posted to me more of other people's reasonings for and against faith in God. Here is my response to him:

Gary, you can copy and paste all kinds of stuff from both sides, with them commenting about their doubts and others about their reasons for believing and such. It really doesn't matter. It's all just words.

What matters is that we will all soon know the truth of it all, and you have everything to lose based upon the choices you've made in relation to what the Lord Himself said about how nature declares His existence and His glory.

I have serious doubts that the criticisms posed in the things you've posted are the real, core reason for your unbelief. I don't think you're as simplistic as you present yourself in what you post from others. You don't have to reveal to everyone here why you REALLY don't want to harbor faith in God. It's obviously very personal, and I understand that.

The bottom line is that your rejection of the evidence within nature places the responsibility for your unbelief squarely on your shoulders. All the shuck and jive arguments and shuffling of evidence standards isn't even of your making, but you've chosen the other side, and you take false pride in their claims for proof. Again, that's on you, not me or anyone else.

So, enjoy the false comforts in what you've chosen to believe while it can be enjoyed, because the horror awaiting you in the abyss you're inexorably walking toward, with your own two feet, will become that reality you disbelieved for reasons that only you know. Just accept your responsibility for what you believe. Posting more of other people's garbage isn't going to win the day for you in the end. Fatalism is all you have on your side, because your beliefs lead only to one of two things; either cessation of existence, or eternal darkness and suffering. I think it's the latter. Either way, neither leads to anything good and worthy of praise. Anyone who would desire either is one sick puppy. Enjoy your disease while you can...if you so choose it up to your last breath.

Gary, you can copy and paste all kinds of stuff from both sides, with them commenting about their doubts and others about their reasons for believing and such. It really doesn't matter. It's all just words.
The internet definitely lends itself to a lazy dumbed down culture (yours truly included) with the ease of 'copy and paste' where in times past it was research, then write or type in long form.

Folks, I have to share this with you as well about those "atheists" in that blog:

That Gary fella, and a woman who calls herself "Nan" in that blog, have both claimed they were once genuine believers and followers of Christianity. (That right there set off alarm bells in my mind...believers and followers of Christianity?)

My wife, all these years, firmly believed that true Christians could walk away from their faith and become atheists, based upon Paul's stating that it's impossible to put Christ to a second shame a second time. To her thinking, it was therefore possible to walk away from Christ into unbelief.

I reject that. I don't see that Paul had that in mind when He wrote about putting Christ to shame a second time.

My brothers and sisters, I attacked that in a conversation with her just this evening, a few moments ago, and she just changed her mind about it, admitting that I had a point, when in reality I think the word of God reveals this truth.

Here's the point that I made to Gary and Nan, and also to my wife when sharing with her that conversation with two alleged "atheists."

Anyone, and I mean anyone, who was ever TRULY born again, can never walk away from their faith in Christ, and therefore lay claim to not believing in His reality. They may become angry with God over the death of a loved one, but even have hate in their hearts for God, but never would they, in all honesty, lay claim to honestly believing He doesn't exist.

What do truly born again believers do, and have done throughout history? They have laid down their lives, willing to die, rather than to recant and lie to everyone by later claiming God doesn't exist after they had experiential life with God filling them with His presence. NO amount of assault from world views or anything else will ever turn them aside from what they know through experiential life in Christ Jesus.

Dare anyone who lived an experiential, light-filled life in Christ lay claim to being an atheist, and they know deep down they are lying, and are walking the path of sin to deny what they know deeply within their mind and soul is patently false. These people, claiming with such ease there is no God, they were never there. They were never born again. They may have tasted of the experiences of churchianity and religion, and even enjoyed the warm fuzzies of platitudinal sermons, but NEVER were they born again, having hearts of flesh placed with them by the living and glorious Lord of all.

John 10:28-29

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand.

Now, some may argue that so-and-so's teenage child was a real, born again believer, evidenced by the child having been active in the church youth club, attended prayer meetings and Bible studies routinely, and yet who went off to university and came back an atheist...no. That doesn't work either. Youth having a zeal for something, strengthened by the friendships they forged in the youth groups and such, that's an entirely different experience.

Brothers and sisters, this should drive parents with young children, or any children for that matter, to think more deeply about what it means to be born again, and how to share the necessity for that life-changing event. It should drive us ALL to an understanding for the necessity to effectively share the Gospel by driving home the need to be born again, and how to find that experiential life in Christ. Only then will they see and understand their need to reach out to the Father, in Jesus' name, to be fully given over to the Son. Only THEN will they know, and have that assurance of life that no power in this universe can take from them. If they shy away from this, then they are not yet there. It's a level of commitment that will ensure their salvation beyond any doubts.

It's one thing call upon the name of Jesus with ones mouth, but to do that from the heart, from the depths of the soul, THAT is what distinguishes us in the Eyes of the One who sees the very depths of our souls.

Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Matthew 21:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this [which is done] to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

These are only two examples of many about the necessity for true faith, without doubting. Youth have a horrid tendency to forever be drawn to the pleasures of this life, and letting their youth fool them into thinking that they have plenty of time to get serious about God. Oh, but how many found out too late that all of life hangs on such a thin thread.

Your thoughts?

MM

Your thoughts?
For an atheist to say that they were once born again, my first question would be ‘by what agency were you born again?’, thinking of this passage...

John 1:12-13 ESV
[12] But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, [13] who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Essentially to deny God later in life is to invalidate the idea you were born again in the first place.

Due to the deceitfulness of sin it is difficult to say how far a person can go hardening their heart but it’s inconceivable that God would not eventually intervene and chastise His son (Heb 12) or take him/her home ‘early’.

And yes, once you taste honey, you’ll never mistake it for lemon juice.

My presence around here has been sparse due to currently having a discussion formatted by postings in one of the blogs on the Wordpress platform. A hand full of atheists (so-called) are doing what I've always experienced them doing...resorting to ad hominem plattitudes when they find their shoulders pinned to the wall. They love pointing at the large crowd of people who have funny letters attached to their names, many of whom are "biologists," as proof that evolutionary origins is true. The problem is that biologists are not the experts on evolutionary origins research. They aren't even invited to such research seminars as the keynote speakers. These people in this debate are amateurs trying to act like educated debate experts in the arena of atheistic topics.

So, just wanted y'all to know what I'm up to, because otherwise I'd be posting lots of other stuff in here.

MM

Actually I thought that you were out hunting opossums in the woods!

Actually I thought that you were out hunting opossums in the woods!

Huh? Oh, what you mean to say is coon hunting...since you saw my beat up and rusted out old Ford, the right headlight shining up into the trees on the left side of the road, and the left one up into the trees on the right side of the road (hillbilly cross-eyed headlights) for coon hunting? Then you see me hopping out in my filthy and tattered overalls, rusted shot gun at the ready, and my wife Billy-Sue in the passenger seat (which is one of our dining table chairs with the legs sticking through the rust holes in the floorboard) holding our newborn, with the jug sitting in the seat between us with "XXX" scribbled on the side...and, of course, granny sitting on her rocking chair in the bed of the truck and her shot gun at the ready as well, eyeing them thar trees...(snicker, snicker)

.resorting to ad hominem plattitudes when they find their shoulders pinned to the wall. They love pointing at the large crowd of people who have funny letters attached to their names, many of whom are "biologists," as proof that evolutionary origins is true. The problem is that biologists are not the experts on evolutionary origins research. They aren't even invited to such research seminars as the keynote speakers. These people in this debate are amateurs trying to act like educated debate experts in the arena of atheistic topics.

Your complaint about ad hominem platitude might be better received if it weren't embedded in a complaint about the persons with those views (which in itself is an ad hominem attack.

Huh? Oh, what you mean to say is coon hunting...since you saw my beat up and rusted out old Ford, the right headlight shining up into the trees on the left side of the road, and the left one up into the trees on the right side of the road (hillbilly cross-eyed headlights) for coon hunting? Then you see me hopping out in my filthy and tattered overalls, rusted shot gun at the ready, and my wife Billy-Sue in the passenger seat (which is one of our dining table chairs with the legs sticking through the rust holes in the floorboard) holding our newborn, with the jug sitting in the seat between us with "XXX" scribbled on the side...and, of course, granny sitting on her rocking chair in the bed of the truck and her shot gun at the ready as well, eyeing them thar trees...(snicker, snicker)

Were you looking in through the window????

Back