Speak Your Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul was very well educated and had a lot to teach about all things Scripture as he was raised learning that stuff. He could have written all kinds of 10 dollar words but instead kept his teaching at about a 3rd grade level. Instead of having His eyes opened by Jesus and speaking cryptically and teaching how to be ramblers of all the symbols and junk he taught the truth that we need to be set free from formalities that run people off from the faith. Being that two Christians that agree 100% with one another about the deeper meanings with stuff in the Bible would be like finding oil in a water faucet we should focus on the facts as they are presented. We don't need to decipher it, decode it, or fill in the blanks. If it's a parable then there should be a lesson attached to it as well. Jesus said He came to set us free and I am free from all the garble of the faith and
focus on the grace of our Savior who loves me even when I don't always agree with im and must repent. How to decode Scripture: Read it, believe it, live it. Easy-peasy lemon squeezy.

This post blessed me because at 64 years I'm still in the 3rd grade! But all the glory to God, because I'm getting there, getting there, getting there, its taking the rest of my life, but I'm getting there.

I use to have a problem with Paul. I knew he was educated in Tarsus, mentored by Gamaliel but I didn't like him because I felt he was arrogant. So when we had those Pauline Bible studies I challenged my former pastor with this;

"Ok, so Paul teaches that. How, pray tell, does this guide me in reaching others for Christ, especially those who never picked up a Bible?"

My pastor pointed out to me in front of the Bible class, "would you gladly exchange what Paul had to go through, how Jesus got his attention and how Paul converted? Jesus had an appointment for His servant."

That stung because later my pastor had a discussion behind closed doors, and made me realize the arrogance in me. I was blessed by the manner my pastor used.

As Sam pointed out, when we allow Jesus to set us free from all the garble then we can focus on what the Scriptures is saying to and growing in us.

I'm blessed to be reading these posts in Speak Your Mind.

This post blessed me because at 64 years I'm still in the 3rd grade! But all the glory to God, because I'm getting there, getting there, getting there, its taking the rest of my life, but I'm getting there.

I use to have a problem with Paul. I knew he was educated in Tarsus, mentored by Gamaliel but I didn't like him because I felt he was arrogant. So when we had those Pauline Bible studies I challenged my former pastor with this;

"Ok, so Paul teaches that. How, pray tell, does this guide me in reaching others for Christ, especially those who never picked up a Bible?"

My pastor pointed out to me in front of the Bible class, "would you gladly exchange what Paul had to go through, how Jesus got his attention and how Paul converted? Jesus had an appointment for His servant."

That stung because later my pastor had a discussion behind closed doors, and made me realize the arrogance in me. I was blessed by the manner my pastor used.

As Sam pointed out, when we allow Jesus to set us free from all the garble then we can focus on what the Scriptures is saying to and growing in us.

I'm blessed to be reading these posts in Speak Your Mind.
I am blessed by your feedback. When you and a few others give
me genuine feedback that has fingers pointed both ways I am
so satisfied in that moment of bonding it carries me for awhile.

THIS CONTENT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

These guys music is so crazy. Reminds me of myself. Haha we in doctrinal discussions but desire to lead off topic. Hope this helped alot.
Haha
That was fantastic Matthew.
I love the random tardis in the lane. I couldn’t catch the lyrics as I am on my phone and they looked like they were playing that in a toilet at first haha

Last edited by a moderator:
HAha via! GLad you liked it, my taste tend to be a little off kilter, it is cool you liked that. Glad to hear from you, hope everything in life is going good, and work has not been to difficult tonight. Going back to work here tomorrow, :p.

It is this distinction that set men like Dr. J. Vernon McGee apart. He understood the importance of the simplicity that is in Christ. He spoke often of placing the cookies on the lower shelf so that even the kiddies could get some. Those who want to be as the Pharisees, impressing others with their "deep knowledge" of symbolism and deep, unfathomable meaning in numbers and other representations, why speak on an unfruitful level? In speaking simply, we will hear far more "Praise the Lord!" reactions from the masses who are able to understand.

Pharisees who followed a law of the fathers (hierarchy of men) Looked to signs and wonders, lofty knowledge before they would believe.The gospel of wondering wondering wondering? Not coming to the end of Christ's faith that works in us giving us salvation .

They who have no faith (not little none) said to Jesus

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

Jesus said to them

John 4:48 Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

In the parable found in Luke 16 in the middle of a series of parables beginning in the previous chapter he hid the gospel understanding teaching them how to walk by faith mixing it with the temporal things seen.

The whole series of parables like all parables is designed to teach us no man can serve two teaching masters .(1) The Pharisees with their lofty signs and wonders (no faith) . And (2) sola scriptura ,all things written in the law and prophets .

Luke 16:13-14 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him

Pharisees who followed a law of the fathers (hierarchy of men) Looked to signs and wonders, lofty knowledge before they would believe.The gospel of wondering wondering wondering? Not coming to the end of Christ's faith that works in us giving us salvation .

They who have no faith (not little none) said to Jesus

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

Jesus said to them

John 4:48 Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

In the parable found in Luke 16 in the middle of a series of parables beginning in the previous chapter he hid the gospel understanding teaching them how to walk by faith mixing it with the temporal things seen.

The whole series of parables like all parables is designed to teach us no man can serve two teaching masters .(1) The Pharisees with their lofty signs and wonders (no faith) . And (2) sola scriptura ,all things written in the law and prophets .

Luke 16:13-14 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him

The Jews are notorious for wanting signs, and the Lord had no problem giving them signs...up to a point. The Lord spoke of the limit of the signs, in saying they would have no more other than the sign of Jonah (referring to Himself), and that was it. Beyond Him, the apostles worked signs and miracles...up to a point. Mankind has a tendency to worship the signs and artifacts, so those things going by the wayside so that faith may blossom is absolutely God's modus operandi.

I love how perfect His plans are...

MM

The Jews are notorious for wanting signs, and the Lord had no problem giving them signs...up to a point. The Lord spoke of the limit of the signs, in saying they would have no more other than the sign of Jonah (referring to Himself), and that was it. Beyond Him, the apostles worked signs and miracles...up to a point. Mankind has a tendency to worship the signs and artifacts, so those things going by the wayside so that faith may blossom is absolutely God's modus operandi.

MM
You packed a lot of meat in a small package, MM.
I love this post.

MM

Yes beyond what the eyes see. The just and justifier the perfect law .

Historically, most threads end up going off-topic, so I thought it would be novel to start one that has no topic in particular, and see where it goes. This can be the free-for-all array of topics that should not cause any issues with another's desire for guided conversation.

So, how about it? What's on your mind?

MM
Another Forum has this same topic and presently has over 83,000 posts since Mar 1, 2015. I guess the purpose is ? To unload?

I was thinking back upon the old cliché, "What's true for you is true for you, and what's true for me is true for me."

Those who believe that nonsense, and thus slide down into the sludge pit of that philosophy, completely fail to realize how false that statement is.

There are empirical truths that are utterly unaffected by what any of us believes, either individually or collectively. I can believe one thing, and you can believe another, and if one or both do not align with empirical, absolute truth, one or both of us is wrong.

That alone should drive us to seek the Spirit of the Lord when it's brought to our attention that our beliefs don't align with the scriptures, most importantly. Things of science are most generally debatable, but the Bible, being what it is, stands alone as empirical, thus the divide between those who don't listen to the Spirit of the Lord, and those who do listen.

Given the stiff-necked tendencies of the fallen, human heart, we see ecumenism taking a stronger hold, which basically rests upon the foundation of the opening mantra in this post.

Romans 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

MM

I was thinking back upon the old cliché, "What's true for you is true for you, and what's true for me is true for me."

Those who believe that nonsense, and thus slide down into the sludge pit of that philosophy, completely fail to realize how false that statement is.

There are empirical truths that are utterly unaffected by what any of us believes, either individually or collectively. I can believe one thing, and you can believe another, and if one or both do not align with empirical, absolute truth, one or both of us is wrong.

That alone should drive us to seek the Spirit of the Lord when it's brought to our attention that our beliefs don't align with the scriptures, most importantly. Things of science are most generally debatable, but the Bible, being what it is, stands alone as empirical, thus the divide between those who don't listen to the Spirit of the Lord, and those who do listen.

Given the stiff-necked tendencies of the fallen, human heart, we see ecumenism taking a stronger hold, which basically rests upon the foundation of the opening mantra in this post.

Romans 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

MM
Amen x 1,000 = my response

MM

Hello Musicmaster;

Good post!

What I blue-lighted, "What's true for you is true for you, and what's true for me is true for me." reminds me of what I heard once in the community, "you do your lifestyle, I'll do mine, and we'll get along fine."

When I hear stuff like this, I feel philosophy can be good. It's a respected major in the areas of complex subjects and logical arguments in the business world, for example. But to study it improperly before spewing sayings is not wise.

We can surely go too far in our assessment of reality.
A Satanic principle provides "Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law" (Aleister Crowley, 1875-1947).
We humans can talk ourselves into anything.

**This is purely reference of what I know to be true based on brief research of Aleister Crowley, Anton LaVay et al.
***I do not recommend a study of any of these psychos.

Hello Musicmaster;

Good post!

What I blue-lighted, "What's true for you is true for you, and what's true for me is true for me." reminds me of what I heard once in the community, "you do your lifestyle, I'll do mine, and we'll get along fine."

When I hear stuff like this, I feel philosophy can be good. It's a respected major in the areas of complex subjects and logical arguments in the business world, for example. But to study it improperly before spewing sayings is not wise.

That is so very true, Bob. Paul Copan has a book that deals with these very things that I thought was an excellent read. I think all students looking to attend university should read some of his books to prepare for the assaults at that level of education (so-called).

MM

We can surely go too far in our assessment of reality.
A Satanic principle provides "Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law" (Aleister Crowley, 1875-1947).
We humans can talk ourselves into anything.

**This is purely reference of what I know to be true based on brief research of Aleister Crowley, Anton LaVay et al.
***I do not recommend a study of any of these psychos.

LOL. Very well said, NS.

MM

Speak your mind. Some people believe when they read the Bible they see Jesus Christ talking to them, yet he came for the national of Israel and told his disciples also to only tend to the lost sheep of Israel. This is truth.

Maybe when you read and believe that Jesus Christ speaking to you directly it can cause a false sense of reality, and in fact puff you up in the knowledge aspect of scripture and leading down the wrong path that excludes love.

For me personally if people interpret scripture to a point where it becomes a list of must do this and must do that, and causes a loss of love, in my best suggestion a person is wrong in their interpretation.

Love is paramount by the spirit through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and in the grace of God that is a gift.

Regardless of semantics of I am right. You are wrong, creates a sense of pride also disconnects the ability to be free. God knows for me is to allow freedom even if a persons does not accept maybe a disagreement on a particular topic or subject matter. Who cares let’s just disagree and agree to allow each other our freedom in Christ to express our differences of understanding or looking at things and love each other.

Because if you let yourself become conceited in knowledge and you consume one another by being mean or hateful or nenernener you are wrong pumpkin eater.

Can destroy both parties.

As Christians we are called to be uplifting, understanding, show mercy, show forgiveness, allow freedom because of Love, tell the truth if someone reject or believes differently the end result as a son or daughter of God should still be in mature faith : Love.

God will do his work and work on their hearts, all we are to do is to love God with all our hearts minds and soul, and love our neighbor as ourself!

Wouldn’t you desire someone to be kind and nice to you rather than deeming and dumb you down, or even strip your freedom away?

Think about that for a just a moment.

Last edited:
That is so very true, Bob. Paul Copan has a book that deals with these very things that I thought was an excellent read. I think all students looking to attend university should read some of his books to prepare for the assaults at that level of education (so-called).

MM

Wow! Paul Copan? There's a name from the past. Gifted man. At school we touched on him briefly.

Question. Did you take Biblical studies? You are well versed in different subjects, however,

I am concerned about your being LED to discuss LED. lol!

Wow! Paul Copan? There's a name from the past. Gifted man. At school we touched on him briefly.

Question. Did you take Biblical studies? You are well versed in different subjects, however,

I am concerned about your being LED to discuss LED. lol!

Oh, man. Ka-whammy. LED to discuss...LED's. You should see the front of our house at night. I installed and programmed LED's that cycle through all 6.5 million color hues of the visible spectrum every seven minutes. Each time people drive by, they will likely never see the same hue of color any two times.

Actually, I study scripture quite extensively on my own; using tools such as Thayer's Greek Lexicon for the NT, and Brown-Drivers-Briggs for OT Hebrew, as well as the Interlinear. I'm a multi-disciplined Engineer, meaning that I do electrical, mechanical, some aeronautical, manufacturing and process Engineering (although my least favorite math field is statistics). I have a degree in mathematics as well. I can fly multi-engine jets like the 737, flown 747's some, but not much...

However, all this is to the glory of the Lord. From my childhood, I asked for wisdom and knowledge from the Lord, and He is faithful. Much of how He gifted me with so much knowledge are through all the doors He opened up to me. He knew that was the best way to teach me because of my bent upon inquisitiveness. It's all about Him. Over the past few years, and have added to what I ask from the Lord, which are His thoughts and His ways, no matter how much higher than ours that they are. I want them. Gimme...and I'm so thankful for His faithfulness and His willingness to give the good things to us.

I have about a total of 37.44 kilowatts of lithium battery energy storage for a backup power system for this house since I suspect they will one day soon start increasing the rolling blackouts all across the country, given the greed of utility companies not wanting to keep their grids up to the demand. I don't like not having power in the house. It tends to ruin frozen items, and I will eventually supplement the power coming into the house by supplying some of my own energy to lower my bills. It would be nice to be able to go off grid, but that takes far more than what I have right now.

Oh, there's so many interesting things in life to dabble in, just not enough time to do it all. There are things I don't care to dabble in such as I don't own a crotch rocket motorcycle like those kids (who think they're going to live forever) riding too fast up and down our street every day. Don't really have any desire for one. One of the 30 year old kids was killed right out front just this past summer by someone turning left, and the other kids continue riding too fast, having never learned anything from one of their dead compadre's.

Isn't that what they call "natural selection?"

MM

Speak your mind. Some people believe when they read the Bible they see Jesus Christ talking to them, yet he came for the national of Israel and told his disciples also to only tend to the lost sheep of Israel. This is truth.

Maybe when you read and believe that Jesus Christ speaking to you directly it can cause a false sense of reality, and in fact puff you up in the knowledge aspect of scripture and leading down the wrong path that excludes love.

For me personally if people interpret scripture to a point where it becomes a list of must do this and must do that, and causes a loss of love, in my best suggestion a person is wrong in their interpretation.

Love is paramount by the spirit through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and in the grace of God that is a gift.

Regardless of semantics of I am right. You are wrong, creates a sense of pride also disconnects the ability to be free. God knows for me is to allow freedom even if a persons does not accept maybe a disagreement on a particular topic or subject matter. Who cares let’s just disagree and agree to allow each other our freedom in Christ to express our differences of understanding or looking at things and love each other.

Because if you let yourself become conceited in knowledge and you consume one another by being mean or hateful or nenernener you are wrong pumpkin eater.

Can destroy both parties.

As Christians we are called to be uplifting, understanding, show mercy, show forgiveness, allow freedom because of Love, tell the truth if someone reject or believes differently the end result as a son or daughter of God should still be in mature faith : Love.

God will do his work and work on their hearts, all we are to do is to love God with all our hearts minds and soul, and love our neighbor as ourself!

Wouldn’t you desire someone to be kind and nice to you rather than deeming and dumb you down, or even strip your freedom away?

Think about that for a just a moment.

MG, something I'm thankful for is that Paul of Tarsus was the apostle to the Gentiles, not the Jews:

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

1 Timothy 2:7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, [and] lie not) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

2 Timothy 1:11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

It was interesting watching Paul try to convert the Jews in the Roman provinces, but he eventually grew weary of their fussing about his ministry to them and taking from them their proselytes, so he washed his hands of his fellow Jews, and focused on the Gentiles. Luke (of Grecian descent) also traveled with Paul for a time.

Isn't it wonderful how the Lord raised up a Jew, who wrote the majority of the NT, to minister to us Gentiles? None of us deserved any of it, but the Lord is merciful and gracious toward us who were so far removed from Him.

MM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back