Speak Your Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, but placing her statement into the context of scripture, there is a way to reach common ground. 1 John 2:27 gives the absolute answer to that one.

MM
1 John 2:27 (KJV) But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

That may be fine amongst true believers but not amongst believers and those devoid of the Spirit. Then there should be no compromise.

Ghandi once said:
"Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress."

Our country, if you read the 'Federalist Papers,' is about disagreement.
In theology, however, there is an objective authority over the mob and the individual...an authority that many individuals stand against while thinking self to be a hero, and the mob simply rides the bandwagon. Sometimes, however, the mob is right...
Me.

MM

At any rate, you couldn't pay me to live in California, for real. No amount of money in the world would get me to so much as visit that state. Never been, will never go, and I love going to all the great state parks in this nation, and have visited many states and seen many things. Just not California.
So one day I found out where MaCArthur was preaching at, and that his congregation was around 7,000 every Sunday..
I was shocked that any church in that state could draw so many people, and they truly seem to love God. Which I think is cool.
Oh boy! These posts just "feathered my ruffles" 😎 and I want to reply.

MM, I always enjoy reading your threads, lots of good stuff pointing to Christ. But at times when I read your posts I have to put on a whole pot of coffee. lol!

What you quoted regarding Gandhi made me think of another quote, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Ouch! The first time I read that stung, but could see later his disagreement and it really made me think.

In our country, disagreements has always been a part of our society since day 1. For example, having two major parties in our government where there will be disagreement can be healthy. Though that may not be true in these current times. I'm not a politician, but can see at some point something has to break.

In some societies disagreement is not an option.

Not long ago I would have balked at anyone who wouldn't step foot in California. This is my family's home state since 1900. But in the last years I have to be honest I cannot disagree with those who don't want to come here. In a nutshell, we're a broken state and am grateful for the Christian leaders that are standing and continue preaching the gospel in the most undesirable cities.

Thinking about Gandhi's quotes, Christians need to be reminded that we are as MacArthur wrote, "spiritual construction workers." "Churches can survive nearly every kind of problem except a failed leadership." "Nothing is more sorely needed today than a return to Biblical leadership principles."

God bless you, MM, and your family during this Resurrection weekend.

I am totally down with disagreement.
I don't like Haterade, but disagreement is wonderful.
When someone disagrees, we try to reach common ground.
That's good.
Roxane Gay

Disagreements are like CHANGES. They are neither good nor bad but are........"Inevitable!"

Wherever two or more are gathered, a disagreement is surely around the corner. Christianity is made up of people with differing backgrounds, experiences, biases, and baggage and though we can normally agree on a few things, agreeing on everything is rare, if not impossible.

Look at me. I think I am really cute but some want to disagree and say that I am ugly!

Sometimes though even a little bit of agreement is hard to achieve, just look at the Corinthians who needed an entire book written to them to address their many divisions (1 Cor. 1:10-11) and the Philippians who were having their church torn apart because of the disagreements of two women (Phil. 4:2).

MM, I always enjoy reading your threads, lots of good stuff pointing to Christ. But at times when I read your posts I have to put on a whole pot of coffee. lol!

What you quoted regarding Gandhi made me think of another quote, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Ouch! The first time I read that stung, but could see later his disagreement and it really made me think.

In our country, disagreements has always been a part of our society since day 1. For example, having two major parties in our government where there will be disagreement can be healthy. Though that may not be true in these current times. I'm not a politician, but can see at some point something has to break.

Not long ago I would have balked at anyone who wouldn't step foot in California. This is my family's home state since 1900. But in the last years I have to be honest I cannot disagree with those who don't want to come here. In a nutshell, we're a broken state and am grateful for the Christian leaders that are standing and continue preaching the gospel in the most undesirable cities.

Thinking about Gandhi's quotes, Christians need to be reminded that we are as MacArthur wrote, "spiritual construction workers." "Churches can survive nearly every kind of problem except a failed leadership." "Nothing is more sorely needed today than a return to Biblical leadership principles."

Agreed.

Many Christians forget what the word means and do what their mind says instead of what Christ says.

That darned "Old Nature" just does not want to give up!

Sorry Roxane Gay but I'm not sure I could agree with that bit about 'reaching common ground'. That usually involves compromise leading away from what absolute truth there was to begin with.

Amen!

THAT right there is the root of Christianity today and has been for the past 100 years! COMPROMISE!!!

The Mormons are really good, religiouse people so we need to relax and allow them to SAY and believe that they are Christians.

The JW'S are so faithful and hardworking and they believe and say they are Christians, so lets ease up on them and COMPROMISE!

The Pentecostal Charsmatics are so energized and emotional, we need to accept them into mainline Christianity...COMPROMISE!.

I can go on but I think you know what I am saying.

To compromise is to make concessions or accommodations for someone who does not agree with a prevalent set of standards or rules. The Bible makes it clear that God does not condone compromising His standards:

Psalms 119:1-4..........
“Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the LORD. Joyful are those who obey His laws and search for Him with all their hearts. They do not compromise with evil, and they walk only in His paths. You have charged us to keep Your commandments carefully”.

The word joyful or blessed describes people of righteousness, those who are totally subservient to God’s will and wholeheartedly devoted in their relationship to Him. We should not compromise or deviate from His standards but “walk only in His path.”

But I am just an old country boy.....what do I know?

"These posts just "feathered my ruffles"".........I suggest that you go and get a BACON DIP to go with those RUFFLES!

Oh yes you are right, Mr MM.

However it doesn’t negate love, nor what can happen to people when they read scripture.

It was seen and observed with-in that I myself looked down on other people, believing that the knowledge that was had made me better, than everyone else. You see. This is why my writing was made.

You are right about Paul was a man who was called to be an apostle chosen by God to teach the Gentiles.

It always going to still have to deal with the heart of the matter. When it comes to dealing with others if you decide to try to one up them or to let them go in freedom.

There is freedom in Christ, not to indulge the flesh, but rather to live by the spirit, to love God and to love your neighbor as yourself.

Even though as believers we can be looked down upon and looked at as useless to some people. Wouldn’t you still desire people to treat you with kindness rather than being mean, or saying because I am right and you are wrong, that you do not count.

This is the subject matter that was on mind when writing the first time.

The Christian Faith will always be about Love it is paramount. For Jesus Christ did tell us to Love God and to Love others. Regardless of where they are at as far as their knowledge and to pray for our enemies and those who slander you or persecute you.

Though Jesus did only at first before he died only came for the house of Israel, and told even his disciples to go to the lost sheep of Israel.

Paul was changed in his heart to go and teach people about the truth of God to many people in the areas back then, so no disagreement there or anything, Mr mm sir.

Paul was someone who though he was better than others, allowing people to be killed and persecuting others in the church, and enforcing law, until the Lord Jesus Christ came into his life, and He was changed by the holy spirt.

You said...........
"It was seen and observed with-in that I myself looked down on other people, believing that the knowledge that was had made me better, than everyone else. You see. This is why my writing was made."

Personally I have not seen that Matthew.

The Bible tells us we have to grow in the knowledge of God. Once you get saved, that is just the beginning. From there, God expects you to grow in the knowledge of Him, His Son Jesus Christ, His Holy Spirit, and all of Their ways........NOT what WE think but what THEY have said!

The ONLY way that you or me or anyone else will grow in spiritual knowledge on this earth is by reading and studying the written WORD OF GOD the Bible for yourself. There is simply no other way.

God has arranged to have all of the spiritual knowledge that we will ever need about Him, His Son, and His Spirit to all be contained in this one Book. You also grow in the knowledge of God through your own personal adventures that you have with Him in your own daily walk, along with learning from other Christians, especially those who are anointed and gifted to be able to teach from His Word.

You stated in one of your 1st posts that YOU did not own a Bible. My suggestion is that you move heaven and earth to obtain one and then we would be able to speak more eloquently on life and spiritual concerns.

As for my own words, I made up my mind on some things well before I became Christian.. California is but one of those things, and wasn't made with Christian attitude. Definitely a more "judgemental" attitude back in the day. Lol.. true, true.

I do see lost people today as being just as lost as I once was, which allows for compassion and love that didn't exist prior to becoming saved.

Far from perfect was I... and still am. :)

But the state that far left policies are leaving the state of California in, is just sad really. Seeing a lot of people starting to flee, from what I've heard some businesses too.

I've got an acquaintance I speak online to sometimes, he lives is So. Cal. and he's getting out, says it's getting worse there due to poor governance. Don't know if he's just biased or not... But leaving home is a big deal, so I figure it can't be good.

I understand the save everyone mentality, but it seems to me devoid of the responsibility end that says if you want to keep giving in perpetuity you have to make sure you stay out of the gutter too, because from there you can't help anyone at all.

Balance always needs to be sought.

Disagreements are like CHANGES. They are neither good nor bad but are........"Inevitable!"

Wherever two or more are gathered, a disagreement is surely around the corner. Christianity is made up of people with differing backgrounds, experiences, biases, and baggage and though we can normally agree on a few things, agreeing on everything is rare, if not impossible.

Look at me. I think I am really cute but some want to disagree and say that I am ugly!

Sometimes though even a little bit of agreement is hard to achieve, just look at the Corinthians who needed an entire book written to them to address their many divisions (1 Cor. 1:10-11) and the Philippians who were having their church torn apart because of the disagreements of two women (Phil. 4:2).

Good point, Major.

What the word of God says is that, in the midst of disagreement, there is truth that all parties should agree upon, no matter what the topic.

1 John 2:27. After all, when the Lord reveals the truth of a matter, those who disagree with the Anointing are clearly the ones in the wrong.

MM

Good point, Major.

What the word of God says is that, in the midst of disagreement, there is truth that all parties should agree upon, no matter what the topic.

1 John 2:27. After all, when the Lord reveals the truth of a matter, those who disagree with the Anointing are clearly the ones in the wrong.

MM

Quick question here. I believe I know what you mean when you say "Anointing" but would like you to explain what your meaning is just to be certain...

Please?

Quick question here. I believe I know what you mean when you say "Anointing" but would like you to explain what your meaning is just to be certain...

Please?

Let's go to Thayer's Greek Lexicon to see the actual meaning of the term "anointing" in that verse.

G5545 in that verse "...is used of the gift of the Holy Spirit, as the efficient aid in getting a knowledge of the truth."

So, John chose the term "anointing" to refer to Holy Spirit within us. Holy Spirit gives to us understanding beyond our own psyche, intelligence, insight, etc. Being filled with Holy Spirit is like an anointing, but much more profound than what the OT saints experienced with Holy Spirit "upon" them. Never is it said Holy Spirit was "within" them as is the case now, after the cross.

Why the distinction?

Well, the OT saints had not yet received the total remission of their sins, redemption from the curse of the law, nor the new birth and heart of flesh, and therefore imputed righteousness.

Now, it's inevitable that someone will ask how I could know what is not necessarily expressly revealed within scripture. I don't expect anyone to follow me on this...apart from Holy Spirit confirming it to you. This is getting deeper than where I normally go with those whom I don't know personally. It's almost inside the realm of the inexpressible. Mere words fail to convey the depths of the indwelling Life within us.

So, I will stop there, and give you ample time to seek the Lord yourself, and ask of Him to reveal the deeper truths that words cannot express. This is beginning to touch upon the reasons why I have asked for more than just wisdom and knowledge, but also the Lord's Ways and His Thoughts, no matter how much higher than ours that they are.

I could say so much more, but will refrain since it will sound strange and weird to some. If ever you have read authors like Gene Guyon, her stuff expresses some the avenues of "going too far". She is one of those who are known as the "catholic mystics." She was among the last of the prisoner who had been locked away in the infamous Bastile. She and Fenelon went beyond the constraints of spiritual depths from the Lord and delved headlong into the path of the "mystics," which is a road too far. Perhaps I should not have mentioned them, but it's best to be warned to always keep your wits about you because the enemy can fool lots of people who are not prepared to delve into depths they are not prepared to journey. Human pride and ingenuity can play some serious tricks on the mind.

Now I'm babbling. It's getting late with my having gotten up so early to fix my cup of Southern Roasted Pecan coffeeccino this morning.

So, keeping our feet on the ground in the spiritual experiences of Holy Spirit, and He will preserve you against the inherent dangers along the way.

MM

Let's go to Thayer's Greek Lexicon to see the actual meaning of the term "anointing" in that verse.

G5545 in that verse "...is used of the gift of the Holy Spirit, as the efficient aid in getting a knowledge of the truth."

So, John chose the term "anointing" to refer to Holy Spirit within us. Holy Spirit gives to us understanding beyond our own psyche, intelligence, insight, etc. Being filled with Holy Spirit is like an anointing, but much more profound than what the OT saints experienced with Holy Spirit "upon" them. Never is it said Holy Spirit was "within" them as is the case now, after the cross.

Why the distinction?

Well, the OT saints had not yet received the total remission of their sins, redemption from the curse of the law, nor the new birth and heart of flesh, and therefore imputed righteousness.

Now, it's inevitable that someone will ask how I could know what is not necessarily expressly revealed within scripture. I don't expect anyone to follow me on this...apart from Holy Spirit confirming it to you. This is getting deeper than where I normally go with those whom I don't know personally. It's almost inside the realm of the inexpressible. Mere words fail to convey the depths of the indwelling Life within us.

So, I will stop there, and give you ample time to seek the Lord yourself, and ask of Him to reveal the deeper truths that words cannot express. This is beginning to touch upon the reasons why I have asked for more than just wisdom and knowledge, but also the Lord's Ways and His Thoughts, no matter how much higher than ours that they are.

I could say so much more, but will refrain since it will sound strange and weird to some. If ever you have read authors like Gene Guyon, her stuff expresses some the avenues of "going too far". She is one of those who are known as the "catholic mystics." She was among the last of the prisoner who had been locked away in the infamous Bastile. She and Fenelon went beyond the constraints of spiritual depths from the Lord and delved headlong into the path of the "mystics," which is a road too far. Perhaps I should not have mentioned them, but it's best to be warned to always keep your wits about you because the enemy can fool lots of people who are not prepared to delve into depths they are not prepared to journey. Human pride and ingenuity can play some serious tricks on the mind.

Now I'm babbling. It's getting late with my having gotten up so early to fix my cup of Southern Roasted Pecan coffeeccino this morning.

So, keeping our feet on the ground in the spiritual experiences of Holy Spirit, and He will preserve you against the inherent dangers along the way.

MM

Okay thank you.. :)

There is no common ground with them. When they disagree with the Anointing, they are simply wrong, and standing on the ground of their own pride...as they are sinking into the sands that ultimately swallow them whole if they're dumb enough to try and stand their ground on the sandy soils of falsehood.

MM

John 17:17 says it all.............
Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. the truth; your word is truth. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth.

There is no common ground with them. When they disagree with the Anointing, they are simply wrong, and standing on the ground of their own pride...as they are sinking into the sands that ultimately swallow them whole if they're dumb enough to try and stand their ground on the sandy soils of falsehood.

MM

Something else I'd like to cast into the mix:

There are many people out there who take exception to others speaking in absolute terms about a doctrine that many deem controversial. I enjoy the freedoms we have to discuss about seeming controversial topics, but the ONLY persons who have common ground are those who are sensitive to Holy Spirit.

You all will indeed read posts from me that, at times, speak authoritatively in terms of a final analysis of some controversial topic. Rest assured that I have no expectation that anyone take my word for it. I fully expect anyone who feels challenged about the words I speak on doctrinal issues to go to the scriptures, as did the Bereans, and if that doesn't settle it in your mind, YOU go the Lord, and pray His Spirit give to you the confirmation, or even the correction, and then come back and we'll talk, and I will do more searching and praying. I've been taken out to the wood shed many a time, and figure one is never too old for the woodshed experiences. Moses certainly was taken out there, along with Elijah, Elisha, Job, Abraham, and many others.

Those who don't have the spiritual fortitude to read the scriptures for what they say, or to go to the Lord in prayer and have the openness to the Spirit of the Lord to allow themselves to be corrected, you better be prepared because I'm a seasoned warrior that many a snot-nosed kid has thought could be easily whooped by their lack in knowledge, wisdom, spiritual depth, and wit, only to get battered and beaten by their own inexperience and full spectrum pride that leads only to error.

That's not a praise of myself. It's a praise of the Lord above and within. He alone is the Giver of wisdom and knowledge that this world cannot comprehend. I have debated men with Th.D's, many of whom are full of themselves, and therefore easily whooped. Of myself I can't do anything. It's all to the praise and glory of the Lord in ALL things.

MM

Why the distinction?

I would offer.

The distinction is we do not need men to teach us Christ (anointed one ) a word that means the anointing teacher comforter and guide who does work in us defending us with his word. . the armor we put on and keep on .Reminding us who the teacher is

No different with the Old testament saints that had Christ in them the gospel hid in parables preached the good new again through parables the suffering before time it opened their graves .A time period (reformation) like never before or ever again.

They received the end of their new born again faith from the beginning .We look back to that promised demonstration they by the same spirit of faith looked ahead.

1 Peter 1: 9-11 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

I would offer.

The distinction is we do not need men to teach us Christ (anointed one ) a word that means the anointing teacher comforter and guide who does work in us defending us with his word. . the armor we put on and keep on .Reminding us who the teacher is

No different with the Old testament saints that had Christ in them the gospel hid in parables preached the good new again through parables the suffering before time it opened their graves .A time period (reformation) like never before or ever again.

They received the end of their new born again faith from the beginning .We look back to that promised demonstration they by the same spirit of faith looked ahead.

1 Peter 1: 9-11 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
This is correct.

The spirit of Christ was in them, along with the sufferings of persecution however at the end of life the glory that should follow unto the resurrection of our new spiritual bodies on the day of death even so it was for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back