Speak Your Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, man. Ka-whammy. LED to discuss...LED's. You should see the front of our house at night. I installed and programmed LED's that cycle through all 6.5 million color hues of the visible spectrum every seven minutes. Each time people drive by, they will likely never see the same hue of color any two times.

Actually, I study scripture quite extensively on my own; using tools such as Thayer's Greek Lexicon for the NT, and Brown-Drivers-Briggs for OT Hebrew, as well as the Interlinear. I'm a multi-disciplined Engineer, meaning that I do electrical, mechanical, some aeronautical, manufacturing and process Engineering (although my least favorite math field is statistics). I have a degree in mathematics as well. I can fly multi-engine jets like the 737, flown 747's some, but not much...

However, all this is to the glory of the Lord. From my childhood, I asked for wisdom and knowledge from the Lord, and He is faithful. Much of how He gifted me with so much knowledge are through all the doors He opened up to me. He knew that was the best way to teach me because of my bent upon inquisitiveness. It's all about Him. Over the past few years, and have added to what I ask from the Lord, which are His thoughts and His ways, no matter how much higher than ours that they are. I want them. Gimme...and I'm so thankful for His faithfulness and His willingness to give the good things to us.

I have about a total of 37.44 kilowatts of lithium battery energy storage for a backup power system for this house since I suspect they will one day soon start increasing the rolling blackouts all across the country, given the greed of utility companies not wanting to keep their grids up to the demand. I don't like not having power in the house. It tends to ruin frozen items, and I will eventually supplement the power coming into the house by supplying some of my own energy to lower my bills. It would be nice to be able to go off grid, but that takes far more than what I have right now.

Oh, there's so many interesting things in life to dabble in, just not enough time to do it all. There are things I don't care to dabble in such as I don't own a crotch rocket motorcycle like those kids (who think they're going to live forever) riding too fast up and down our street every day. Don't really have any desire for one. One of the 30 year old kids was killed right out front just this past summer by someone turning left, and the other kids continue riding too fast, having never learned anything from one of their dead compadre's.

Isn't that what they call "natural selection?"

MM
I researched a way to electrify a house a few years ago.
From what I recall it was going to need a number of buried large clay pots, distilled water,
copper coils, and rods. I tried to get an electrician to help me with the concept but
he thought I was crazy (maybe I was) and I abandoned the project.
It may be better I didn't follow through with it as I may have been "naturally selected"
out of here. LOL

Oh, man. Ka-whammy. LED to discuss...LED's. You should see the front of our house at night. I installed and programmed LED's that cycle through all 6.5 million color hues of the visible spectrum every seven minutes. Each time people drive by, they will likely never see the same hue of color any two times.

Actually, I study scripture quite extensively on my own; using tools such as Thayer's Greek Lexicon for the NT, and Brown-Drivers-Briggs for OT Hebrew, as well as the Interlinear. I'm a multi-disciplined Engineer, meaning that I do electrical, mechanical, some aeronautical, manufacturing and process Engineering (although my least favorite math field is statistics). I have a degree in mathematics as well. I can fly multi-engine jets like the 737, flown 747's some, but not much...

However, all this is to the glory of the Lord. From my childhood, I asked for wisdom and knowledge from the Lord, and He is faithful. Much of how He gifted me with so much knowledge are through all the doors He opened up to me. He knew that was the best way to teach me because of my bent upon inquisitiveness. It's all about Him. Over the past few years, and have added to what I ask from the Lord, which are His thoughts and His ways, no matter how much higher than ours that they are. I want them. Gimme...and I'm so thankful for His faithfulness and His willingness to give the good things to us.

I have about a total of 37.44 kilowatts of lithium battery energy storage for a backup power system for this house since I suspect they will one day soon start increasing the rolling blackouts all across the country, given the greed of utility companies not wanting to keep their grids up to the demand. I don't like not having power in the house. It tends to ruin frozen items, and I will eventually supplement the power coming into the house by supplying some of my own energy to lower my bills. It would be nice to be able to go off grid, but that takes far more than what I have right now.

Oh, there's so many interesting things in life to dabble in, just not enough time to do it all. There are things I don't care to dabble in such as I don't own a crotch rocket motorcycle like those kids (who think they're going to live forever) riding too fast up and down our street every day. Don't really have any desire for one. One of the 30 year old kids was killed right out front just this past summer by someone turning left, and the other kids continue riding too fast, having never learned anything from one of their dead compadre's.

Isn't that what they call "natural selection?"

MM
Great blessings. Piloting is such an awesome responsibility .Its good to hear of Christian pilots .One named John was in the home church I did attend. Great guy and family.

Oh yes you are right, Mr MM.

However it doesn’t negate love, nor what can happen to people when they read scripture.

It was seen and observed with-in that I myself looked down on other people, believing that the knowledge that was had made me better, than everyone else. You see. This is why my writing was made.

You are right about Paul was a man who was called to be an apostle chosen by God to teach the Gentiles.

It always going to still have to deal with the heart of the matter. When it comes to dealing with others if you decide to try to one up them or to let them go in freedom.

There is freedom in Christ, not to indulge the flesh, but rather to live by the spirit, to love God and to love your neighbor as yourself.

Even though as believers we can be looked down upon and looked at as useless to some people. Wouldn’t you still desire people to treat you with kindness rather than being mean, or saying because I am right and you are wrong, that you do not count.

This is the subject matter that was on mind when writing the first time.

The Christian Faith will always be about Love it is paramount. For Jesus Christ did tell us to Love God and to Love others. Regardless of where they are at as far as their knowledge and to pray for our enemies and those who slander you or persecute you.

Though Jesus did only at first before he died only came for the house of Israel, and told even his disciples to go to the lost sheep of Israel.

Paul was changed in his heart to go and teach people about the truth of God to many people in the areas back then, so no disagreement there or anything, Mr mm sir.

Paul was someone who though he was better than others, allowing people to be killed and persecuting others in the church, and enforcing law, until the Lord Jesus Christ came into his life, and He was changed by the holy spirt.

Last edited:
Oh yes you are right, Mr MM.

However it doesn’t negate love, nor what can happen to people when they read scripture.

It was seen and observed with-in that I myself looked down on other people, believing that the knowledge that was had made me better, than everyone else. You see. This is why my writing was made.

You are right about Paul was a man who was called to be an apostle chosen by God to teach the Gentiles.

It always going to still have to deal with the heart of the matter. When it comes to dealing with others if you decide to try to one up them or to let them go in freedom.

There is freedom in Christ, not to indulge the flesh, but rather to live by the spirit, to love God and to love your neighbor as yourself.

Even though as believers we can be looked down upon and looked at as useless to some people. Wouldn’t you still desire people to treat you with kindness rather than being mean, or saying because I am right and you are wrong, that you do not count.

This is the subject matter that was on mind when writing the first time.

The Christian Faith will always be about Love it is paramount. For Jesus Christ did tell us to Love God and to Love others. Regardless of where they are at as far as their knowledge and to pray for our enemies and those who slander you or persecute you.

Though Jesus did only at first before he died only came for the house of Israel, and told even his disciples to go to the lost sheep of Israel.

Paul was changed in his heart to go and teach people about the truth of God to many people in the areas back then, so no disagreement there or anything, Mr mm sir.

Paul was someone who though he was better than others, allowing people to be killed and persecuting others in the church, and enforcing law, until the Lord Jesus Christ came into his life, and He was changed by the holy spirt.

MG, I fully agree that none of what we're talking about negates love...except one thing:

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

This gives to us the balance, and shows the distinction in love, and its types. God's love for the world in John 3:16 is different from the love spoken about in the verse above. Divine love is contrasted with fleshly love for the world and the things in the world.

The love of which we are capable toward each other, in Christ, is the love to which we are called.

Amen

MM

Oh, man. Ka-whammy. I can fly multi-engine jets like the 737, flown 747's some, but not much...
However, all this is to the glory of the Lord.
MM

I like that, Ka-whammy!

MM, Your flying a 737 and 747 is something I wanted to be one time when I was 18 years old, a commercial pilot. Why? Because the thought of serving God as the captain and being responsible for flying 200 or more people nationally or internationally would be a wonderful task.

After my commercial pilot career I would invest in a private plane and fly tourists around.

If one thinks about it, there are Biblical principles of flying safe in the air.

Colossians 3:12* is what I am thinking about. It says:
"So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved,
put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness,
and patience;"

I like the "put on" part as it shows intentionality. I must decide
each day to intentionally put on these examples of Christlikeness.

*And yes, as far as I know, this is a literal verse of Scripture.

Colossians 3:12* is what I am thinking about. It says:
"So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved,
put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness,
and patience;"

I like the "put on" part as it shows intentionality. I must decide
each day to intentionally put on these examples of Christlikeness.

*And yes, as far as I know, this is a literal verse of Scripture.

These come from the Holy Spirit of which we need to drink daily. Also if you study closely the armor of God one would discover that these elements are included within that armor.

That is right Cperkins. There is nothing more than faith and love.

Today’s radio station subject was about reading. How it is a lost art for the world cause it takes time and effort to read anything these days, it’s fun to read. Though mainly only read the Bible.

What are your thoughts on this?

That is right Cperkins. There is nothing more than faith and love.

Today’s radio station subject was about reading. How it is a lost art for the world cause it takes time and effort to read anything these days, it’s fun to read. Though mainly only read the Bible.

What are your thoughts on this?

Sadly I agree, it seems that less people are reading. I also notice people interact less in face to face conversation, but rather interact much more via cellphone and other devices.

Personally I love to read and find that I learn more from reading and study, than by any other means. When I listen to sermons, I review my notes and go through the Bible passages. When I read through them I can go at my own pace digest the words and follow them to further scriptures.

Today is generally different for me, when young I read about as much to entertain as I did to learn. Today mostly, I read to learn and that comes primarily from the Bible and other readings that aid in studying God's word.

I like that, Ka-whammy!

MM, Your flying a 737 and 747 is something I wanted to be one time when I was 18 years old, a commercial pilot. Why? Because the thought of serving God as the captain and being responsible for flying 200 or more people nationally or internationally would be a wonderful task.

After my commercial pilot career I would invest in a private plane and fly tourists around.

If one thinks about it, there are Biblical principles of flying safe in the air.

Well, my excursions to flying was purely for fun. A friend of mine got us into a situation he didn't have the confidence to attempt in a B-200 in a 50MPH crosswind. I told him I can do it, but would do it in a manner that's unconventional, and maybe a violation, but that I could do it from the co-pilot seat.

Well, I aligned us off-center from the runway the angle that I thought would work, given the wind strength along the side of the aircraft, and the amount of side-slip it was forcing us into. Well, I Iet the wind push us sideways to the centerline of the runway. I set the leeward wheel down first for stability, and then the wayward and brought the plane to a halt.

After he was able to swallow his heart to get it back into the right place, he looked over at me and just shook his head. He couldn't believe it. Here was a guy with no license, and I landed a plane above a cross-wind speed it could ever have done otherwise since the rudder wasn't deflecting to its full capacity due to a faulty part.

Good thing we didn't lose an engine on the way in. That would have thrown off my mental calculations.

That's the Lord. That's the King over all who gives any of us the gifting we possess. It's all about Him.

Landing a 737 is easy, but I wasn't about to try it with an older 747, and my friends agreed...

MM

Here's what's on my mind today. I just found this channel on Youtube that is good for helping to develop skills for practicing apologetics in various public forums such as campuses and parks:

givemeananswer.com

MM

Good site!

There is a major university 2 miles from our church right now. I can not remember how many talks, conferences and classes have been done with those students.

What we have seen over the years is that students leave their families, their communities and their church, and are suddenly surrounded by dorm mates of different faiths or no faith at all and their faith is just not strong enough to keep the faith.

Good site!

There is a major university 2 miles from our church right now. I can not remember how many talks, conferences and classes have been done with those students.

What we have seen over the years is that students leave their families, their communities and their church, and are suddenly surrounded by dorm mates of different faiths or no faith at all and their faith is just not strong enough to keep the faith.

Very true. That's why folks like Paul Copan have worked so hard to try and prepare believing students for the onslaughts of wickedness thrown at them in the universities.

MM

Our country, if you read the 'Federalist Papers,' is about disagreement.
It's about pitting faction against faction, divided government, checks and balances.
The hero in American political tradition is the man who stands up to the mob - not the mob itself.
Jonah Goldberg

In theology, however, there is an objective authority over the mob and the individual...an authority that many individuals stand against while thinking self to be a hero, and the mob simply rides the bandwagon. Sometimes, however, the mob is right...
Me.

MM

Sodom and Gomorrah is on my mind.

We know how the story goes, I would assume, and we know the
end result and why it happened. But, what if, just if, there had been
10 righteous in the city. By God's own vow He would have spared the
city for just 10 people. Now, thinking through this scenario those 10
people would have been surrounded by wickedness. Would they have
hid out? Huddled together? What do we do when we are surrounded
by wickedness?

God's most often repeated commandment throughout the Bible is
"FEAR NOT". Yet, we hunker down, huddle up, and hide so easily.
Why is that Gideon, Moses, Joshua, Jeremiah, etc. all struggled with
being a called of God in their perception of inability? What if, even now
God is sparing the world of His wrath, in part, just because of you and a
few others? 10 people could have saved a city. 10!

What do you say of this scattered assembly of words?

I'm late with a reply, but I wasn't here when this was posted.

You have an excellent point here. One of the pastor's I enjoy listening to occasionally online is John MaCArthur (? Spelling).

At any rate, you couldn't pay me to live in California, for real. No amount of money in the world would get me to so much as visit that state. Never been, will never go, and I love going to all the great state parks in this nation, and have visited many states and seen many things. Just not California.

So one day I found out where MaCArthur was preaching at, and that his congregation was around 7,000 every Sunday..

I was shocked that any church in that state could draw so many people, and they truly seem to love God. Which I think is cool.

So your right, the people who go, and stay, with God in the places most men would fear to tread are commendable indeed, and that is the best attitude a Christian can take because in God we have no fear, and if the time comes to go, God will tell us that too in some way..

I am totally down with disagreement.
I don't like Haterade, but disagreement is wonderful.
When someone disagrees, we try to reach common ground.
That's good.
Roxane Gay
Sorry Roxane Gay but I'm not sure I could agree with that bit about 'reaching common ground'. That usually involves compromise leading away from what absolute truth there was to begin with.

Sorry Roxane Gay but I'm not sure I could agree with that bit about 'reaching common ground'. That usually involves compromise leading away from what absolute truth there was to begin with.

Ah, but placing her statement into the context of scripture, there is a way to reach common ground. 1 John 2:27 gives the absolute answer to that one.

MM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back