Terrorists On the warpath now in Afgan!

Apparently there is a HUGE opioid epidemic in the US.

But it's mostly coming from synthetic opoids now from Mexico. Though somehow the drug is still getting in, maybe not directly from Afghanistan but en route via Canada.

In the Appachalians, where the 'hillbilly' people live, oxycodone has been a scourge and followed them into the cities where they moved to find work in the factories. So you have dads out, and then mums prostituting themselves to get hold of more money to get more of the drug.

In richer communities, it's Vicodin or hydrocodone. And it's prescribed by doctors for pain. Very addictive.

Fentanyl is a synthetic. When people can't get the real thing, they make synthetics.

Had a lone islamic extremist open fire with a gun on unsuspecting shoppers at a supermarket in the mall yesterday.

I don't go to that mall, but it's very scary, and random. He was shouting something about Allah. He got shot dead and 3 people are in hospital with serious injuries.

Terrorism isn't just in Afghanistan. It's right in our communities.

Those supermarkets opened later today, after they briefed staff on how to deal ...

I remember doing armed hold up training in the library. We had security guards at night. But random things can happen anywhere. It doesn't need even need to be religiously motivated...people could be on drugs, or drunk, mentally ill or maybe they broke up with their gf and want to take it out on people..

But the govt here is treating this as an act of terrorism. He had a knife, gun, and does what those suicide bombers do. Cause random havoc in public areas.

We had the tiktok chip fire a few months ago at my local mall supermarket.
Now this.

Tiktok wasn't treated as an act of terrorism though. The guy was charged, but it was more an act of idiocy.

We had the tiktok chip fire a few months ago at my local mall supermarket.
Now this.

Tiktok wasn't treated as an act of terrorism though. The guy was charged, but it was more an act of idiocy.
I have no idea what a "tiktok chip fire" means. I know what TikTok is, but not the rest of it.
sure has
but its moving at a faster rate
You know, I am unsure if "it" is moving at a faster pace or if "it" just appears that way.

In general terms, we are just so much more connected to the entire planet what we can no longer hide behind the veil of ignorance. Now, what happens "over there," we know about it "over here," and that can make it appears like it is happening more often or faster.

Rtm

Now, what happens "over there," we know about it "over here," and that can make it appears like it is happening more often or faster.
possible but you compare year to year and yes it has escalated. the little town i am from in 1973 a group of three men took the bank president his wife and oldest daughter . to a remote area about 5 miles out . tied them up shot education style . i am a 1961 model in the 40 mile radius we lived . we very seldom heard of such things .yes we had news paper t.v radio . since that time it has increased in small amounts. to the point we hear of it every day. we dont even blink a eye .the days are getting more evil . we aint seen nothing yet. what use to take place in the cities happens in the country.

Apparently there is a HUGE opioid epidemic in the US.

But it's mostly coming from synthetic opoids now from Mexico. Though somehow the drug is still getting in, maybe not directly from Afghanistan but en route via Canada.

In the Appachalians, where the 'hillbilly' people live, oxycodone has been a scourge and followed them into the cities where they moved to find work in the factories. So you have dads out, and then mums prostituting themselves to get hold of more money to get more of the drug.

In richer communities, it's Vicodin or hydrocodone. And it's prescribed by doctors for pain. Very addictive.

Fentanyl is a synthetic. When people can't get the real thing, they make synthetics.

Prescription pain killers are useful to those with pain. While these medicines can be quite addictive they have helped many people. I took Vicodin regularly for about 5 - 6 years for serious back pain. I tried many alternatives including acupuncture before finally having a lumbar fusion back surgery down. It has been over 20 years now and I haven't taken any needed to regularly take any pain medicine since.

While highly addictive there are many who need these drugs and many who never become addicted. Opiates in general are watched far more closely these days. For those that need pain killers, I'm personally grateful they are available. For others I pray that they never start taking these drugs.

possible but you compare year to year and yes it has escalated. the little town i am from in 1973 a group of three men took the bank president his wife and oldest daughter . to a remote area about 5 miles out . tied them up shot education style . i am a 1961 model in the 40 mile radius we lived . we very seldom heard of such things .yes we had news paper t.v radio . since that time it has increased in small amounts. to the point we hear of it every day. we dont even blink a eye .the days are getting more evil . we aint seen nothing yet. what use to take place in the cities happens in the country.
Good morning. Hope you had a restful evening. Based on your latest remarks and having a little time on my hands this fine Saturday morning, I did a little research. I was able to go back to the 1999 FBI "time clock" and compare this up to the last year they have published (2019). I must admit that the numbers were a little surprising:

stats.JPG
Rtm

taking a drug for 5-6 years isn't REALLY helping ..It's just marking time until you can get the surgery. You are lucky you didn't become addicted.

In the US it's way over prescribed. Can't believe they advertise prescription drugs so openly. It's not done here.

Here (NZ) the problem is more P, (or crystal meth) alcohol, and cannabis. Richer people use cocaine.

The other thing is it's completely random who would get addicted and who won't. How can a doctor know that people won't sneak behind their back and ask for another prescription from someone else? What about doctors who routinely over prescribe?

If you go to a good osteopath, they usually can fix things that are causing pain. After they have reset the bones things usually come right.

so..on tiktok they post random videos, and there was one of people getting chip packets set alight, so one guy tried to copy this in the supermarket.

so DUMB.

The store was closed for several weeks AND several shops nearby including the bookshop I work in because it had water damage from putting the fire out.

According to Mayo clinic, anyone is at risk of becoming addicted to opoids when they take them. Completely random.

While I never took any, I can't say my life isn't affected by it. Entire countries had been created to deal with a opioid problem (Hong Kong anyone?). My grandmother died from a combination of morphine and stroke.

One of the risk factors is 'stressful situations' well who DOESNT ever get stressed out in life? That pretty much includes everyone.

Good morning. Hope you had a restful evening. Based on your latest remarks and having a little time on my hands this fine Saturday morning, I did a little research. I was able to go back to the 1999 FBI "time clock" and compare this up to the last year they have published (2019). I must admit that the numbers were a little surprising:

View attachment 6184
Rtm
i dont pay a lot of attention to numbers. but i do see events that happens more and more every day . there has always been murder ,i remember many years ago in jonesboro ark .2 or 3 young laid in wait with guns to shoot school kids . this took place when my son was in grade school after that the words i will kill you was not allowed in school.
my son and his cousin was at recess the cousin dumped pea gravel down the back of my son shirt. as kids will do. he said out loud im gonna kill you. they both understood it was called pay backs . the school suspended him for one day. the 1973 murder i referred to was my cousin his wife oldest daughter . to me it seemed after that we started hearing of things like that more often .
soon it came close to home . i think of what Christ said because of iniquity the Love of many will wax cold . is it the end as the Bible speaks of? were one day closer that is for sure

taking a drug for 5-6 years isn't REALLY helping ..It's just marking time until you can get the surgery. You are lucky you didn't become addicted.

In the US it's way over prescribed. Can't believe they advertise prescription drugs so openly. It's not done here.

Here (NZ) the problem is more P, (or crystal meth) alcohol, and cannabis. Richer people use cocaine.

The other thing is it's completely random who would get addicted and who won't. How can a doctor know that people won't sneak behind their back and ask for another prescription from someone else? What about doctors who routinely over prescribe?
addiction is something acquired it starts out on occasion then more often then on a regular bases . we think the druggie is terrible .yet take pity on the alcoholic. yet many enjoy coffee on a regular bases some like a cigarettes' with it. i have seen those who could not find it in themselves to quit . i seen a older man lungs bad walk 10 or 12 feet stop and get his breath. while smoking a cigarette .
on a silly note in my younger years ( dumb years ) i got in trouble with the law.. drugs .i had do drug counsel even though i had quit. as i was going in i met another counselor on the way out side to smoke.
it was hot she was gripping having go out side to smoke and burn up from the heat. i said to her no you dont. she stopped said excuse me i repeated and said you can quit.
her reply i have not come to that decision yet . i thought who needs who lol ..its called addiction

i dont pay a lot of attention to numbers. but i do see events that happens more and more every day . there has always been murder ,i remember many years ago in jonesboro ark .2 or 3 young laid in wait with guns to shoot school kids . this took place when my son was in grade school after that the words i will kill you was not allowed in school.
my son and his cousin was at recess the cousin dumped pea gravel down the back of my son shirt. as kids will do. he said out loud im gonna kill you. they both understood it was called pay backs . the school suspended him for one day. the 1973 murder i referred to was my cousin his wife oldest daughter . to me it seemed after that we started hearing of things like that more often .
soon it came close to home . i think of what Christ said because of iniquity the Love of many will wax cold . is it the end as the Bible speaks of? were one day closer that is for sure
Yes, with every day that the good Lord gifts us, we are one day closer.

I live by numbers, always have, as I am a statistician by training. It rubbed off on my oldest son, as he is actually a data scientist and living in St. Louis, MO.

I still believe that there is a great deal of good left in this world, it just does not get the attention it should.

Rtm

living in St. Louis, MO.

I still believe that there is a great deal of good left in this world, it just does not get the attention it should.
st louis is about 3 hours north of me i have some family there. yes there are good people left always will be remnant..i am not against numbers like you keep up with . numbers speak i would hate to see the numbers of the Church attendance compared from this time to 2 years ago. i have noticed a decline for several years

Back