Terrorists On the warpath now in Afgan!

well thats ironic because in the US, they MAKE the weapons of warfare, and don't like it when people try and take them off them.
As far as I can tell, when US INVADED other countries they weren't exactly DEFENDING them, like it or not, the civilians would have seen it as an ATTACK.
I do not like it!

The US INVADED other countries???????

Did you mean when the USA sent men to die in WW1 to liberate France when France was INVADED by Germany?

Do you mean that when the USA went into France to liberate them from the Nazi's in WW2 after Germany had invaded Poland, all of Europe and Northern Africa and murdered 6 million innocent Jews.

Or maybe Japan after they had INVADED every country in Asia including China.

Or did you mean when the USA liberated South Korea after the North had INVADED the South.

As one who was involved in conflict I can tell everyone that those people in ALL of those countries looked upon the USA as Liberators not invaders.

Well, I think number 2 is silly and not worth addressing. Don't think number 1 is valid. Number 3 appears to be my final answer; however, have we given thought that the equipment was left behind to be used by the Afghans (had they put up a fight that lasted more than 12 minutes)?

Usually, if we can't (or don't want to) carry equipment back, we blow it in place or otherwise make it useless.

I don't know what happened here and I must admit that I have not been paying close attention either.

I did my time (25 years), so it's someone else's turn.

Rtm

I agree.
good point but what could not be took blow it up

I am sure that the plan was for the Afgan army to use those weapons.

You've apparently not had to live in constant pain - yet. You might see things differently - then.
ok but I don't think heroin addiction is any good for people.

I just watched August - Osage country movie. Meryl Streep plays a drug addicted mother. Man she was SCARY.

The daughters all ran away from their drug addicted mother. So, not sure the drugs helped in that case. She said she had mouth cancer.
The dad though, drowned his sorrows in alcohol (and then drowned himself)

Yea I don't think drugs are the answer.

Well, addiction of any kind is not good for people. Opiates have a legitimate medical purpose.

Rtm
she got the drugs prescribed from the doctor for her cancer and got addicted.
The doctor was prescribing them for 'legitimate medical purpose'. It was opiates.

The daughters confronted the doctor but he was only scared that they would sue him. They couldn't afford rehab so just had to go through the house and remove all the bottles of pills the doctor had prescribed...

Those opiates would have come from Afghanistan. Oxycodone, morphine, percodan, Vicodon

Sometimes opiates are mixed with synthetics to make other drugs.

There are also purely synthetic opiates like Fetanyl and Demerol.

All highly addictive.

The daughters all ran away from their drug addicted mother. So, not sure the drugs helped in that case. She said she had mouth cancer.
The dad though, drowned his sorrows in alcohol (and then drowned himself)

Yea I don't think drugs are the answer.

When terminal death in in view, drugs to hold down the pain is the only answer.

If you have witnessed a loved one dieing of cancer then it becomes very clear.

Well said my friend.

Talk is always cheep.
The times they've had to saw my sternum in half were made easier with PHENE - and if that wasn't enough, a little MOR-PHENE was the answer!! Right now I'm dropping 7 grams of Tylenol every day to function, with an occasional Tramadol chaser when I need a little extra -

Well

You are getting your drugs from Afghanistan and contributing to the problem then.
What exactly is your country exporting or trading to Afghanistan in return? Weapons?

Why not do a legit and honest trade like I don't know...education, or maybe flowers other than poppies, or goats, sheep or something they can grow that is health giving instead of deadly?

The times they've had to saw my sternum in half were made easier with PHENE - and if that wasn't enough, a little MOR-PHENE was the answer!! Right now I'm dropping 7 grams of Tylenol every day to function, with an occasional Tramadol chaser when I need a little extra -

I understand completely, I have had both knees replaced.....2 years ago I had a disk removed and rods placed on my spine. With out somekind od pain relief, no one can survive.

Those who have opinions do not have any idea of reality.

Well

You are getting your drugs from Afghanistan and contributing to the problem then.
What exactly is your country exporting or trading to Afghanistan in return? Weapons?

Why not do a legit and honest trade like I don't know...education, or maybe flowers other than poppies, or goats, sheep or something they can grow that is health giving instead of deadly?
For the BIG issue with Afghanistan, you'll want to look at the GREENS, and their obsession with electric vehicles. Lithium is a main component of high capability batteries - and the largest deposits in the world are in Afghanistan. Drugs, by comparison are small beans.

Well

Sure - try to trade something that's NOT worth any ca$h, for something that i$ worth a LOT of Ca$h. Let us know how that works for you -

ok but I don't think heroin addiction is any good for people.

I just watched August - Osage country movie. Meryl Streep plays a drug addicted mother. Man she was SCARY.
I don't get my information, or theology, from satan's media companies in Hollywood.

Back