Journal The Garage

Phlebits is usually found in the legs. It is very treatable.
Well... It's me that suggested to my doctor that this is what I might have according to my symptoms. I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment next Tuesday however... I was so uncomfortable... I asked if they could squeeze me in two days ago so that I would not have to suffer over the week-end. HA

I tried to get my blood work done then... as the lab is just down the hall from my doctor however.... the test I need done to check for Phlebitis needs to be frozen so they only do that specific test in the mornings... even though I was there right at 1pm and they are closed for lunch ).

So that is unfortunate because we have been in a deep freeze these last two days and I have not been willing to walk several blocks to wait for the bus. ( minus 27 is not safe to be outside for extended periods of time ).

Anyways... it's definitely in my legs... but I will not know for sure until the blood test is back. I have never experienced anything like this before.... and I don't know how to describe it except for my skin hurts at the back of my legs.

It's all good... I am good.

Well... It's me that suggested to my doctor that this is what I might have according to my symptoms. I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment next Tuesday however... I was so uncomfortable... I asked if they could squeeze me in two days ago so that I would not have to suffer over the week-end. HA

I tried to get my blood work done then... as the lab is just down the hall from my doctor however.... the test I need done to check for Phlebitis needs to be frozen so they only do that specific test in the mornings... even though I was there right at 1pm and they are closed for lunch ).

So that is unfortunate because we have been in a deep freeze these last two days and I have not been willing to walk several blocks to wait for the bus. ( minus 27 is not safe to be outside for extended periods of time ).

Anyways... it's definitely in my legs... but I will not know for sure until the blood test is back. I have never experienced anything like this before.... and I don't know how to describe it except for my skin hurts at the back of my legs.

It's all good... I am good.

Dear In Awe of Him;

Can I suggest filling a bucket of hot water with salts or oils, and soaking your feet for 20 - 30 minutes? Also, apply Bengay or a comparable ointment on the back of your legs?

I minister to middle and senior age brothers and sisters. They experience your symptoms. As for me I soak my head in cold water for 45 minutes. It helps me think clearly before posting at CFS. 😎 lol!

Can I suggest filling a bucket of hot water with salts or oils, and soaking your feet for 20 - 30 minutes? Also, apply Bengay or a comparable ointment on the back of your legs?

I minister to middle and senior age brothers and sisters. They experience your symptoms. As for me I soak my head in cold water for 45 minutes. It helps me think clearly before posting at CFS. 😎 lol!
Well.... lookie at you... Dr. Bob is in the building. HA.

This is so new and foreign to me Bob that I haven't even had a chance to think about what treatment might be if this blood test confirms my suspicion. I have a wonderful doctor who knows that I am not one to complain... so when I share... she takes me seriously. I will be going in on Monday morning for my blood test as the temps outside will finally be functionable.

Good things have come from this uncomfortable condition. Funny how we don't seem to pay attention to important things we should when our bodies are NOT hurting.

My doctor gave me the name of moisturizing cream...and OH my goodness... after YEARS of trying to find a hydrating lotion.... I have finally found it. I am very blessed in that my diabetes is under control.... AND my feet are in very good condition. however.... I can't seem to stay hydrated... and this has nothing to do with water consumption because I am literally a FISH.... I drink tons of water daily... I have a Soda Stream that carbonates my water and I drink straight from the litre bottle... HA. Anyways... I have dry skin.... It's certainly not dry like many with diabetes... however... it is dry none the less. *EDIT.... Please note that I do UNDERSTAND that fish do NOT drink water... they swim in it. It's not me who came up with that dumb saying. HAHAHAHA.

So... for ANYONE who is looking for a lotion/cream that actually works to hydrate your skin.... LOOK NO MORE. HAHA.... this copy and paste is rather big... SORRY about that.... but I really think it should be able to enjoy it's 15 minutes of fame. HAHA. I bought the cream which comes in a jar ( like the old Noxzema .... oh my goodness... Does anyone remember Noxzema?? My gramma used to slather that stuff on EVERYTHING HAHAHA ).... the fountain of youth serums began with Noxzema I tell ya. HAHAHAHA.

Anyways.... this CeraVe is expensive but buying the cream is way better because it's thicker and more concentrated than the lotions that usually come in the pumps. Plus.... if you're over 60..... Thursdays are SENIORS DAY!!! I love SENIORS day. :D

The other wonderful thing is that my daughter ordered me a pair of high cushioned walking/running shoes. I got them for almost 50% off... as they were regularly 200.00... and they were on sale for 119.00. Since I have to do more standing... I am having to wear my runners to avoid getting sore feet. This apartment is built on a cement pad as it used to be the garage. So... standing is now going to be doable without causing extra pain. SO...... ALL the above to say..... I think I got a pretty good deal out of all this discomfort.

It has been a lovely thing to focus all my thoughts on being GRATEFUL... It is helping me NOT to grumble... I'm not normally a grumbler... but I do not like being inconvenienced.

So.... let the DEBUT begin..... I present to you the BEST hydrating cream EVER. HAHAHA.

1705751521493.png

Blessings to all- You just may be fitted for compression stockings which will help with the circulation issues related to phlebitis.
Might you find that which you seek and relief from related symptoms. Being grateful for what we have helps us in so many different ways.
Keep the good hope, as this is an inspiration to those reading these pages. Hugs and happiness~

The name of the LORD is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.
~Proverbs 18:10

Good morning beautiful family...
A very quiet Sunday morning. There's a stillness in the air outside. Sometimes when it's very cold... and it is very cold... things feel like they have frozen in time ( for lack of a better explanation ). It's one of those mornings.

How blessed we are as God's children to have great favour upon us. We are free to frolic and play with absolute assurance that we are SAFE in the care of our Most High God. Let us bring Him homage with declarations of JOY thankfulness in our hearts.

Thank you FATHER that you are a GOOD GOOD GOD... and that you are FAITHFUL to give us everything we need.

All honour... glory and praise... be unto YOU.

Blessings to all- You just may be fitted for compression stockings which will help with the circulation issues related to phlebitis.
Might you find that which you seek and relief from related symptoms. Being grateful for what we have helps us in so many different ways.
Keep the good hope, as this is an inspiration to those reading these pages. Hugs and happiness~
Thank you for this beautiful note... I should know by early next week what the verdict will be. HA.
In the mean time... I am absolutely DELIGHTED with my CeraVe cream. Oh my goodness that stuff is good.

Happy Monday everyone.... NO thought today... HA. I am of course about 6 hours late in posting this.
When one doesn't feel the best... I think things sometimes happen in different order... however... blood work is now done.... and so it's just a matter of waiting for results.
I am in good spirits... and simply doing things that require standing over sitting.

Can't believe we are approaching the end of the first month of the year. WOW.... OH... and I saw my first ICE SHACK on the lake this morning. Things are looking wintery around here.

Hope is not a thing, not a location, not a situation, not an experience. Hope is a person, and His name is Jesus.

Therefore, having been justified by faith, [a]we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces [b]perseverance; 4 and perseverance, [c]character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
~Romans 5:1-5

Thought I would start the day off with a double whammy. HA. A thought and scripture to back it up.

I know for me personally... hope has been something that I sometimes have not been able to find/obtain/keep... and it's not because I didn't believe it possible to receive... but rather I was simply unable to receive due to all the trauma of my earlier years.
It took years of deep healing for me to finally understand that GOD is truly good... faithful... and will NEVER leave me... forsake me... or abandon me.
I know that there are a large number of believers who struggle with finding purpose and HOPE.
Depression... worry... anxiety...regret... are all "hope-stealers".... and they are constantly lurking... beckoning us to pay them mind.

I pray that today can be a day of victory for those who are having trouble hanging onto the person of HOPE. His name is Jesus and HE won't let you down.

"Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom."
~Luke 12:32

WOW..... just WOW. Such a tender promise... such a HUGE promise ( humongous as in super BIG ).
Just think about this... The CREATOR of the ENTIRE UNIVERSE delights in us individually... and HE is so excited to give us eternal life.... but not only that.... He has a kingdom... and we are going there one day. WOW... WOW... and WOW.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honorable, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8

Reading Alan's poem this morning made me think of this scripture. It has been my "bring me down to earth" rope when I get lost in thoughts that are NOT so kind or ones that are obsessive about being wronged by someone... or just anything that would dare to rob me of my joy and peace of mind.

There's that song..
Be careful little eyes what you see...
Be careful little ears what you hear...
Be careful little tongue what you say.
Be careful little hands what you touch...
and... be careful little feet where you go.

It's so easy to get lost in the NOISE of this world... and it's equally easy to get so encrusted with LEARNING all there is to learn about CHRISTIANITY... that it tampers with the ability to actually LIVE it out in LOVE.
Simplicity is the key that I use to keep my joy and peace. THANKSGIVING and GRATITUDE are the food that I feed my soul to prosper.

It's so easy to get lost in the NOISE of this world... and it's equally easy to get so encrusted with LEARNING all there is to learn about CHRISTIANITY... that it tampers with the ability to actually LIVE it out in LOVE.
Simplicity is the key that I use to keep my joy and peace. THANKSGIVING and GRATITUDE are the food that I feed my soul to prosper.

Good morning, In Awe of Him;

Some mornings while on CFS I'll have the news on in the background. It's important to keep abreast of the world so I know how to pray. But when it turns to grumbling about the other party and lamenting on life I simply turn off the TV.

Jesus spent quiet times alone with God.

When I was 20 I worked at a nice restaurant and this lovely senior couple had dinner every Sunday evening. They sat in our station and I would greet them. I noticed they wouldn't say much to each other but could see they enjoyed each other's company. I don't remember how we got to talking about it but they shared with me that Silence is golden.

I always remembered that.

God bless you, sister.

Thanks bobinfaith ... I don't know why those letters are in some of the scriptures that I copy.

In Awe of Him;

When you paste a Scripture, please review first before you hit the post button. There may be [letters] in between the verses which are to reference side notes.

Simply click the edit below, then click edit silent and you will have 20 minutes to make any changes. After the 20 minutes a moderator can go in and edit for you.

Use this as a training template and I'll come back later and test you. 😎 lol!

Some mornings while on CFS I'll have the news on in the background. It's important to keep abreast of the world so I know how to pray. But when it turns to grumbling about the other party and lamenting on life I simply turn off the TV.
I always have the radio set at the Christian station... gosh I don't remember the last time I listened to any other station... I couldn't tell you anything about current music.. or the groups they have now a days.

I think I got a bad taste in my mouth when all the fighting broke out here regarding the vaccines. I just shut it all off... Funny... I just made a comment about that on the Disease X thread.

Back