Journal The Garage

Dont worry In Awe of Him I remember when I was traumatised by an abandonment issue. Its pretty traumatic indeed.
I cried for months on end. Kept getting flashbacks and intrusive thoughts. Limerence I think it was called or so psychologists called it. Its kind of a crush but WAY MORE CRUSHY than a normal crush. I think the trauma does release some kind of backdated pain from childhood??
Not sure why it was so traumatic to go through it was only a romantic crush, but attachment issues must have played a part. I dont suffer half as much now, and feel like it released a lot of negative energy stored up and it just fizzled out after a good few months of seperation. I could just burst out into tears when a love song came on. Oh what a painful thing to go through honestly.

your loved here my sis😇

Dont worry @In Awe of Him I remember when I was traumatised by an abandonment issue. Its pretty traumatic indeed.
I cried for months on end. Kept getting flashbacks and intrusive thoughts. Limerence I think it was called or so psychologists called it. Its kind of a crush but WAY MORE CRUSHY than a normal crush. I think the trauma does release some kind of backdated pain from childhood??
Not sure why it was so traumatic to go through it was only a romantic crush, but attachment issues must have played a part. I dont suffer half as much now, and feel like it released a lot of negative energy stored up and it just fizzled out after a good few months of seperation. I could just burst out into tears when a love song came on. Oh what a painful thing to go through honestly.
Oh my DEAR Via dolarossa .... My comment was meant as a joke... regarding the fact that I have not worked on my puzzle for about 5 days now. I have a silly sense of humour and I often humanize NON human things... then I run with it. HAHAHA.

This is a very serious issue ( ABANDONMENT ). I too have suffered with this. I basically raised myself... my mother was an alcoholic... and my father decided to walk out when I was 14. He put my mother in a psychiatric ward... and left me sitting in the living room.... Didn't even say good bye. I grew up understanding that adults were not very TRUSTWORTHY. It affected EVERY single male relationship I ever had.... and probably every female friendship I had. To this day.... I don't TRUST ANYONE. I don't know how to.... but I am especially wary of men. I purposely do not have any men in my life. It's something that has become the NORM... and I am quite happy living this way for the sake of comfort. I'm too old to try and work out my trust issues... so I simply live a very quiet... solitary existence.

The funny thing is.... what I have just described is the truth about myself... but I have learned to hide it. I am polite with all people. No one would ever guess that I have issues. HA @Via.... I actually have more issues than tissues... HAHAHAHA.

I think this is why I am so INTO GOD.... I don't hold back... I trust HIM completely... so I can just be me.

Oh my DEAR Via dolarossa .... My comment was meant as a joke... regarding the fact that I have not worked on my puzzle for about 5 days now. I have a silly sense of humour and I often humanize NON human things... then I run with it. HAHAHA.

This is a very serious issue ( ABANDONMENT ). I too have suffered with this. I basically raised myself... my mother was an alcoholic... and my father decided to walk out when I was 14. He put my mother in a psychiatric ward... and left me sitting in the living room.... Didn't even say good bye. I grew up understanding that adults were not very TRUSTWORTHY. It affected EVERY single male relationship I ever had.... and probably every female friendship I had. To this day.... I don't TRUST ANYONE. I don't know how to.... but I am especially wary of men. I purposely do not have any men in my life. It's something that has become the NORM... and I am quite happy living this way for the sake of comfort. I'm too old to try and work out my trust issues... so I simply live a very quiet... solitary existence.

The funny thing is.... what I have just described is the truth about myself... but I have learned to hide it. I am polite with all people. No one would ever guess that I have issues. HA @Via.... I actually have more issues than tissues... HAHAHAHA.

I think this is why I am so INTO GOD.... I don't hold back... I trust HIM completely... so I can just be me.
Joke or not, I can tell by you by His spirit = I can tell you are a merry soul, as God intended us to be. 😇 as a woman to another woman!

And our past is but a vapour, a mist, when we believe we are Entirely His Treasure. He will lead us where He will...and it will be full😁

Sometimes I don't know where I get my faith from, but have a tune on my back and we can carry on as it life goes..

Joke or not, I can tell by you by His spirit = I can tell you are a merry soul, as God intended us to be. 😇 as a woman to another woman!

And our past is but a vapour, a mist, when we believe we are Entirely His Treasure. He will lead us where He will...and it will be full😁

Sometimes I don't know where I get my faith from, but have a tune on my back and we can carry on as it life goes..
YES my precious sister.... I am a merry soul... I have been healed from many decades of despair. The JOY is a gift I was given the day I was healed. I LOVE this scripture.

“Then the virgin will rejoice in the dance,
And the young men and old, together,
For I will turn their mourning into joy
And will comfort them and make them rejoice after their sorrow.

~Jeremiah 31:13

From my devotional for February 2nd.

Today you are not alone against temptation because the One who is your Saviour is also your fortress, your hiding place, and your defence.

The author points out three realities.

1. The reality that we live in a world that has been dramatically broken by sin and does not function in the way that God intended.

2. The reality that even though we are God's children, we lack the power on our own to fight the spiritual battles in which the world of sin and temptation engages us.

3. The reality that we are WELCOMED as God's children to rest in the truth that in this fallen world that throws temptation at us every day, we are NEVER... EVER alone.

WOW..... and more WOW. How BLESSED are we to have a GOD that promises to be our hiding place... and DEFENCE.

This reminds me of my most favourite psalm...

Psalm 91​

1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
3 Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he[b] loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”

Happy Saturday everyone...

Well... I am going to use today for a sort of journal type day.

I cannot believe January is gone.... POOF!!! That is what it feels like.

Another parcel is being filled up with presents for the Valentines delivery. Here in Canada we can buy an empty box.... and pay a crazy amount of money for it and fill it up full. The weight maximum is 11 pounds.. and if it fits... they will ship it anywhere in Canada for the base cost of that empty box. HAHA. Now that my daughter lives in a new province on the East Coast... this apparently is a good deal and worth the initial cost. The only down fall is I have to pay attention to the weight. All that to say....... I did this for my daughter's birthday a few weeks ago.... and no sooner did I ship that box when I needed to buy ANOTHER one for Valentines. Too many special occasions all close together. I have warned her that the Easter bunny in Ontario has had a heart attack and is NOT sending presents this year. HAHAHAHAHA.

So... a new month... and a new menu for my beloved Fire Department. When I was shopping at the grocery store on Thursday.... one of our (in-house butcher ) grocery stores had an amazing sale on "sirloin tip" roasts. Buy one... get one free. So..... these firemen will be getting BEEF BOURGIGNON for their Valentines meal. I have never made it before and so I am excited... and a bit nervous... but it's basically a fancy beef stew simmered with red wine... carrots and onions...and with rosemary and thyme. I will of course serve it with mashed potatoes... and will probably buy some fancy dinner buns. I have not yet decided what dessert will be... but that is a work in progress. HA.

Today I am planning a meal for tomorrow... as a friend is coming to my house for supper... and that will be ham and scalloped potatoes.... and once again... NO clue what I am making for dessert.... so today is going to be a prep day.
I like these kind of days as they keep me busy but at the same time I am able to enjoy the process.

I am GRATEFUL.... so very GRATEFUL for so many things... and so.... today is going to be a good day... with lovely thoughts... and a heart filled with PRAISE. It just doesn't get better than that.

Last edited:
Ok.... so..... I just gotta say it.... It's really QUIET around here without BOB. HAHA.
God bless him and give him rest during his time away so that we can BUG him tons when he returns. HAHAHA.

Scalloped potatoes and ham with a pineapple glaze.... plus a nice salad.... AND... oh my goodness..... I got a brain wave for dessert. APPLE FRITTERS.... cooked "LIVE" in front of my guest.... HAHAHA. I emailed him and told him that dessert is being served.... teppanyaki style ( minus the grill )... HAHA. I am hoping that everyone knows what that is.... I did NOT until I went to a restaurant last summer... (LOOK IT UP).

Anyways... an easy peasy meal with a bit of entertainment. Doesn't get better than that. HA HA.

I decided that this year... I was going to be more intentional with my life ( I don't think I said that correctly because I don't mean NEW AGE stuff )... I mean.... to actually take the time to do things that matter... and actually do them instead of thinking I SHOULD do them. So... for example... I should invite my friend Jeff over for supper one day. GOSH... actually inviting JEFF over for supper.... WHAT a concept!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA. So.... that is why Jeff is coming for supper.... BECAUSE.... I actually INVITED HIM..... HAHAHA....

Anyways.... my humourous thought for the day.... BE INTENTIONAL..... Invite JEFF over for supper. HAHAHA

Well........ OH my goodness..... WHAT a treat it was to have Jeff over.

First of all... he pulled up with one of those pull cart thingys... You know the carts that many people bring to the supermarket... to make lugging groceries a much more fun task ( It's two steps down from a stroller ).... Well... this thing was a BEAST.... let me tell you... It was made of metal and square.... instead of just a kangaroo-type pouch made with thick material. ANYWAYS..... that thing was full of presents................................. for ME.

I mean over the moon with JOY type of presents.... so ... I have to back up the bus here... and explain that my friend works at a thrift store... I'm sure y'all have them ( Look at me sounding all American....y'all.... y'all come back now... HAHAHAHA ).... People donate stuff and they re-sell it.

So..... before my friend even sits down.... OUT come all these treats.... tea towels.... kitchen towels.... closet towels ( those are the ones that look so pretty but you NEVER use them because... well... they're too pretty. HA )....dish cloths and face cloths... and some towels..... WAIT....... there's MORE.

This is a topic all on it's own... a full set ( flat and fitted ) of REAL cotton sheets and flannelette sheets. I'm telling you.... I thought I was going to jump through the roof. I don't know if anyone has noticed but... in this AGE of NEW things.... someone decided to replace cotton and flannel with a different "inferior" version. They don't make cotton or flannelette like they used to. This outta be a criminal offence in my humble opinion... but that's simply another discussion. :)

So..... OH my goodness.... at this point... I am an EXTREMELY happy camper. I knew he was collecting stuff for me because he told me that.... BUT....... oh my.... I had no idea it was GOOD STUFF like that. This is definitely the fun part after LOSING everything and having to start over... you get to pick and choose the NEW stuff that comes in.

Ok..... now... onto supper.... An hour before my guest arrived...It occurred to me that I did not think about drinks. I have a soda stream and drink carbonated water all day long WITHOUT any flavouring.... which is WONDERFUL.... I love it... but... you cannot serve a guest... naked bubbly water... It's just NOT acceptable. It's too late for coffee... I don't think he drinks tea... so in the door of my fridge... I see this little can that I bought at the grocery store about 4 months ago. It's a can of Belgium beer. No idea why I bought it... it's been in the fridge forever... but.... it's a DRINK.... and my friend and I shared it... a small can of beer "on ice". We ended up each getting about 2 inches of beer... Maybe 3 with the ice. HAHA

We talked.... got caught up... and then.... supper.... scalloped potatoes ( my first attempt ). How on earth did I miss this divine form of deliciousness in my 61 years of life??? I mean... I've had them before... but for some reason... simply never made them. They were PERFECT. That trick of placing them under the broiler for the last 5 minutes so that the cheese on top gets brown is like WOW. The ham was also lovely.... for ham that is. I made a pineapple, brown sugar, dijon mustard and cloves glaze... scored the top of the ham and PRESTO... a meal fit for ROYALTY.
The side dish was a nice garden salad with a home made yogurt dressing.

Then the LIVE performance of DESSERT arrived. I had NO idea if this was going to work or even be good. The end result was a crunchy on the outside... fluffy on the inside ball of YUM!!!!!! I tell you..... MAKE apple fritters at home... they are WORTH IT. My friend had fun watching me get all stressed out. HAHA.

It was a wonderful and beautiful shared time together. I need to remember to do this more often. The story ends with my friend walking off in the sunset pulling an empty thing-a-ma-jiggy. HAHA.

All the above before I have consumed my first coffee.

Happy Monday. Thought of the DAY>>>>>>>>>> Invite JEFF for supper. HAHAHAHA.

Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
~Philippians 2:3–4

This is such a powerful scripture... but at the same time... it is such a tall task to accomplish ( at least for me it is ).

I see this in two parts... dealing with our selfish hearts... our need for approval... our wants of success... our tendency to become full of ourselves.... and dealing with the NOISES of the world that are constantly screaming for our attention. It's a balancing act NOT to get sucked up into it all.... and sometimes it's dealing with the opposite... a tendency to simply shut down and do nothing about anything.

The second part of this scripture is forming our ATTITUDES to HOW we see others.

Do we show respect... patience... compassion... tenderness and genuine care towards others??
Do we purposely set out to attend to the very real needs of our brothers and sisters around us??
Or... do we simply take care of ourselves... and close the door once we get what we need and want??

I have made the choice this year to try very hard to actually get things done that matter. The little things that make a big difference in someone's life... like taking the time to visit my landlords upstairs with perhaps a container of soup... a funny story to make them laugh... or simply a check-in to ask how they are doing?
To actually take the time to invite "Jeff" over for supper instead of letting the months go by with the thought that "I should invite Jeff over for supper".

I have noticed that taking an overview look at the month ahead... and placing a few things within that month time frame... that I can do some lovely things for OTHERS.

Today.... I have dedicated the day to wrapping all those little presents that I have purchased for Valentines Day... to send to my daughter. I need to get this parcel ready for Thursday morning when my friend comes to collect me for groceries. By the time I go to sleep tonight... the parcel will be all ready to mail.

For me... making these tangible plans and actually carrying them out is an important part of getting things done instead of just WISHING I would get things done. Sometimes I have to break down a task because the thought of doing something is simply overwhelming.... and so this year... I am learning how to do just that.

Anyways.... a rather random thought process but none the less... it was at least a thought process. HAHAHA.

Did I mention it's VERY QUIET here without BOB? HAHAHA.

Einstein's theory of relativity describes the manner in which time behaves in relation to velocity (the faster one travels, the slower time passes for the traveler), but who has addressed the unfair situation in which the older one becomes, the faster time passes. I remember when I was 10 years old and summer break in school lasted forever. Now, at age 70, if I blink my eyes, I'll miss an entire summer!!🤯

Einstein's theory of relativity describes the manner in which time behaves in relation to velocity (the faster one travels, the slower time passes for the traveler), but who has addressed the unfair situation in which the older one becomes, the faster time passes. I remember when I was 10 years old and summer break in school lasted forever. Now, at age 70, if I blink my eyes, I'll miss an entire summer!!🤯
Your naps may be a little too long. :sleep:

Back