Journal The Garage

In Awe of Him's random trivia facts about where I live.

Meet the shad fly... this lovely ( huge for a bug but it's all wing and no mouth )... literally this thing does not have a mouth. This bug is a yearly visitor ( almost like clock-work ). It is birthed off the lake and comes into shore and lives for a period of roughly 48 hours. NOT every body of water hosts these bugs...so they are "special" HA.
Apparently their presence indicates a good and healthy body of water. I did not know this! ( going to copy and paste )

Fish fly ( another name for shad fly ) larvae live underwater for more than two years, feeding on algae and plants. In southern Ontario, they only come above water during the summer months to mate — and they die within days. Adult fish flies don't have mouths so they do not eat or bite people.

The thing about these bugs is that they come in droves... and I mean big droves.... tens of thousands of them can be seen on any given night. They are attracted to light and so many store owners near the lake are seen hosing down their businesses every morning to remove the massive layers of these bugs. I kid you not... It plays out like an Alfred Hitchcock movie. HAHA. I have gotten used to these creatures... they stay for about 3 weeks and then as quickly as they arrived... they are done for another year.

I am thinking I might have to print a disclaimer for this post...... NOT for the faint hearted. HAHA.

1716720750804.png

In Awe of Him's random trivia facts about where I live.

Meet the shad fly... this lovely ( huge for a bug but it's all wing and no mouth )... literally this thing does not have a mouth. This bug is a yearly visitor ( almost like clock-work ). It is birthed off the lake and comes into shore and lives for a period of roughly 48 hours. NOT every body of water hosts these bugs...so they are "special" HA.
Apparently their presence indicates a good and healthy body of water. I did not know this! ( going to copy and paste )

Fish fly ( another name for shad fly ) larvae live underwater for more than two years, feeding on algae and plants. In southern Ontario, they only come above water during the summer months to mate — and they die within days. Adult fish flies don't have mouths so they do not eat or bite people.

The thing about these bugs is that they come in droves... and I mean big droves.... tens of thousands of them can be seen on any given night. They are attracted to light and so many store owners near the lake are seen hosing down their businesses every morning to remove the massive layers of these bugs. I kid you not... It plays out like an Alfred Hitchcock movie. HAHA. I have gotten used to these creatures... they stay for about 3 weeks and then as quickly as they arrived... they are done for another year.

I am thinking I might have to print a disclaimer for this post...... NOT for the faint hearted. HAHA.

View attachment 10966
This looks and sounds a lot like what we call Mayflies down here in the States. We have a baseball park on an island in the Susquehanna River and they swarm the lights in mid summer. There are so many of them that the fans tromp on them as we walk out of the ballpark.

This looks and sounds a lot like what we call Mayflies down here in the States.
Yep..... they are also called Mayflies... but we tend to call them shads because they come at the end of June for us.
We also have pre-shads.... ( something like when famous bands have an opening act... HAHAHA ). We call them midges.
Not all bodies of water hosts these bugs. Most people hate them... but I don't mind them. The one thing that bothers me is the
that electric type high pitch sound they make when they are in swarms.. that sort of freaks me out.

Oh my goodness...... That was BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!

Do I need to post a sign NO PING PONG BALLS??? HAHAHAHAHA....
That was something I showed to my sons when they were younger. And, I was able to do voices for many of their favorite characters. I do a good Elmo, Grover, Cookie Monster, and of course, Mr. Moose. Once we saw how much they loved Mr. Moose and the ping pong balls, we developed a game of it for them. We kept a mason jar full of ping pong balls in the kitchen, and from time to time their mother would give me a secret word to get them to say. I would do Mr. Moose's voice and try to get them to say the secret word, and if they did, they got the ping pong balls dumped on them. I had loads of fun making a story up and then being at a loss for a word, pretending so as to get them to say the word for me, and of course the first ten or so were not the secret word to throw them off. Then, when I figured they let their guard down, I would prompt them for the secret word and as soon as they blurted it out, down rained the ping pong balls! Good times. They are 16 and 19 now, but they still find it fun once and a while.

That was something I showed to my sons when they were younger. And, I was able to do voices for many of their favorite characters. I do a good Elmo, Grover, Cookie Monster, and of course, Mr. Moose. Once we saw how much they loved Mr. Moose and the ping pong balls, we developed a game of it for them. We kept a mason jar full of ping pong balls in the kitchen, and from time to time their mother would give me a secret word to get them to say. I would do Mr. Moose's voice and try to get them to say the secret word, and if they did, they got the ping pong balls dumped on them. I had loads of fun making a story up and then being at a loss for a word, pretending so as to get them to say the word for me, and of course the first ten or so were not the secret word to throw them off. Then, when I figured they let their guard down, I would prompt them for the secret word and as soon as they blurted it out, down rained the ping pong balls! Good times. They are 16 and 19 now, but they still find it fun once and a while.
This was one of the most beautiful and heart warming stories I have ever heard. YOU made my DAY... and maybe even my WEEK.

My daughter also grew up with a plethora of stuffed animals whom all had names and I had voices for. Ironically... this was my coping mechanism for getting through trauma but God used it to bring much JOY.

Up until last year... I still had all these beauties and they would come out occasionally. They were all very fragile due to their age. SADLY... last year.... they got misplaced and thrown in the garbage because I packed them in a plastic bag to transport them from Ontario to New Brunswick. Oh gosh... that was a sad day when I found out. My poor daughter... it took her a week to tell me where the babies were after I arrived.

It was probably the top biggest loss of anything material I've ever had... a stupid bag of well loved stuffies... BROKE my heart to lose them but I decided they all died TOGETHER so that was a good thing. HAHA. Silly, silly the things we get attached to.

My daughter actually RETRIEVED one of these characters.... she found him on line and ordered him from ENGLAND of all places.
Benny the bear is who I moved back home with.... the green hippo is my beloved Bip the hippo and the sheep is Francine... we call her LEGS. HAHA.... Now it's out in the open.... I am a closet animal whisperer. HAHA

Attachments

• IMG_20240516_124606.jpg
    IMG_20240516_124606.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 3
Good morning my precious Forum family.

Well... it's STUDY the WORD day with a topic in mind. I copied all the scripture I was given in my "correction thread".
I can already tell that I am WRONG about this topic... and so I will bring my heart to the Lord and ask HIM to correct me.

TRUST is a massive issue for me.. and it is the consequence of a life lived in much complex trauma. I cannot change the fact that I don't trust ANYONE... and that I hate crowds of people. I raised myself due to lack of parental availability... I grew up alone... I became an adult alone... and every single person I tried to trust deeply hurt me... so.. there came a point and time where I shut down and stopped looking to others for ANY KIND of help.
That is a reality and at my age... I just can't see that changing. I love being alone.

Again... I am faced with the truth that church is not a happy thought for me... and so I am going to have to work out what God thinks about those who have issues when it comes to mental health.

I understand that they say it is not good for man to be alone. I am not hiding in a corner and secretly living a sinful lifestyle.... I am gloriously and vibrantly living a life of ADORATION to my SAVIOUR. I am having trouble seeing myself as possibly living in a state of DISOBEDIENCE because I am not attending a church fellowship.

Anyways... it's a beautiful day out... and I am going to take my coffee and read those scriptures.

Honesty sucks sometimes. HA.... but... I have come to these forums with NO expectations of even surviving here... only to be DELIGHTFULLY shocked/surprised that I fit in quite well... even though I am the resident TROLL/RECLUSE. HA.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Hi In Awe of Him
I Cannot remember reading a command to go to church.
Jesus gave us 2 commandments :
Love God with all your heart, all your strength and all your mind.
Love your neighbour as yourself.

Going to church does not save us. Jesus is our Salvation.

God watches everything we do. You have tremendous love in your heart. It is obvious that you know scripture. The way we live, our thoughts and actions are important.

I could go to church everyday and still nit be saved.

You fellowship here, you treat people with respect and you can claim CFS as your church.

We love you here and we know you love God.
Many blessings to you.

My Dearest and Precious Cosia ...
What beautiful words to my heart. I spent the day yesterday reflecting on the scriptures that were provided to me about correction within the church.
I also looked up the scripture about forsaking the assembly

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Since I have never been properly churched... I don't think I can be accused of FORSAKING something I have never had. I see this more as an EXHORTATION so that believers do not get WEARY in their faith. I do understand that most people are in NEED of others. They are used to having had big families... and often have been churched from a young age. I was an only child... I grew up alone because my parents were not there for me. I learned to depend on myself to survive... and NOW... especially these last three years.... I have received the gift of GREAT JOY to OVERFLOWING. I am still swimming in AWE of HOW WONDERFUL GOD IS. Everyday I am so grateful for the one STATEMENT I heard Him tell me at the beach that day..... I am who the Bible says I AM. Those words DELIGHT me like I cannot express because IMMEDIATELY from that "imputation " from GOD to me... all the lies instantly FELL away and off of me. All the scripture that I knew came FULLY ALIVE WITHIN ME.... and so I understood how DEEPLY LOVED I was. There was no more STRIVING to find GOD... no more questions about His disposition and demeanor. HE WAS the GOD of the bible... and that is the BEST NEWS I have ever had flash before me. HAHA.

I don't believe if I was in a state of disobedience... that I would have received all the blessings from Father that I get on a daily basis. My JOY is still to overflowing (3 years after ) that day on the beach.
I believe that we are ALL to bloom where we are planted. I am doing that where I live... I am trying to bring JOY to my neighbours and there is much laughter in my neighborhood.
I don't have the gifts to change the world... but I do have some gift to change someone's world.
God bless you my lovely sister from across the pond. Bert and Gert and the kids send their love. HAHA

1717237553718.png

You have a most wonderful testimony In Awe of Him and you are eager to share it.
People can feel your joy as you share it.
I am sure many people will be encouraged as they read your posts. They will also be encouraged to patiently wait on the Lord to answer them. It is so true that God knows the exact time to answer. He is marvelous. We have a wonderful father.
God Bless dear Sister
Please say Hi to Bert, Gert and the Kids
🐌

Philippians 4:11-13 Amplified Bible (AMP)

Not that I speak from [any personal] need, for I have learned to be content [and self-sufficient through Christ, satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or uneasy] regardless of my circumstances. I know how to get along and live humbly [in difficult times], and I also know how to enjoy abundance and live in prosperity. In any and every circumstance I have learned the secret [of facing life], whether well-fed or going hungry, whether having an abundance or being in need. I can do all things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens and empowers me [to fulfill His purpose—I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace.]
https://www.bible.com/bible/1588/PHP.4.11-13.AMP

Gosh... my journal is at page 18 already. I have to say... I'm quite impressed that it's now June and this place is still going. HA. Between Bob... the resident moose... and Cosia.... plus the snails. HAHA. The garage has become a very HAPPY PLACE for me.

so.... GOOD MORNING... my PRECIOUS forum family. Happy Sunday morning to all.

The above scripture is something I have been pondering lately. I spent most of my life NOT seeing the many blessings bestowed upon me. I could not seem to get past the waves of despair that would wash over me steadily and without reprieve.

This month marks my 3rd Anniversary of my "experience at the lake". It seems I've been making mention of this a lot lately. It recently occurred to me that sometimes... it is harder/more difficult to accept the good things than the bad.
I guess I became conditioned to expect that depression would be the norm for the rest of my life. I stopped hoping for anything more... and accepted that on this side of heaven... there would be nothing but deep sorrow and suffering for me. I was NOT the victim... I did not complain... but I did give up in that I withdrew almost completely from the world.
My landlord's affectionately refer to me as their resident troll aka domesticated troll. The troll in the garage sounds so comical to me... that I decided to run with it. HAHA.

It took me more than a year of experiencing UNSPEAKABLE and OVERFLOWING JOY to finally realize this is not just a phase... it is not something I have to pinch myself for ( to see if it's real ) and it's not something that will disappear. I don't need to fear that if I start enjoying this condition I am living in... that it will be taken away or leave me. I am now at the stage where IF I was told... I would be experiencing another DESERT walk... Could I accept that? and to my shock... I found the answer inside me to say a resounding YES.... YES... I could handle if I LOST it all.

I am getting into the beginning of my senior years. I have come face to face with the fact that although I love living here... and am BLESSED to be here... that my landlords are NOT going to live forever... and I will within the next years to come... have to face the fact that I will not be able to live here till I die. That was a sudden and sobering thought for me... but one that I believe God has orchestrated for me so that I might begin to make some plans for my future care.
This week... I stopped by a property management company that oversees senior housing.... and I will be applying for affordable housing. The wait list is probably going to be about 5 years... and so... now is the time. I will be applying to live in the same building that my mother lived in before she passed away. Somehow that is a comfort to me.

So.... GOD is indeed all-knowing... and all-caring to ensure that His children get their needs met.

We are commanded NOT to grow weary and not to be afraid of the more difficult situations that face us on a daily basis. These last months... I have really been focusing on ENJOYING each task that lays before me. To really give everything I do... my BEST. I have learned that these little moments add up through out the day and PRESTO... before I know it... I've had an AWESOME day because I accepted and embraced EVERYTHING that came my way. Sometimes I am guilty of mumbling... of becoming offended by something someone says or does... and even of saying some NOT SO CHRISTIAN things. I am learning to STOP in mid track.. and get back to GAZING upon my SHEPHERD. Everything else grows strangely dim when I remember to only think about HIM.

We are BLESSED as Christians to have all kinds of declarations we can speak over ourselves and our loved ones. These promises and declarations are our birth right as believers. I am so relieved that I finally understand that I am ALLOWED ( given permission by God Himself ) to BOLDLY enter into the Throne Room of praise. WOW.

Going to be a beautiful hot day today... Yesterday I went for a nice swim to end my day... and today I may just spend the day at the lake with a picnic lunch.

God bless you all. May your Sunday be filled with the SON.
https://www.bible.com/bible/1588/PHP.4.11-13.AMP

Last edited:
Back