The HOLY BIBLE

Why did God make the Holy Bible so complicated to understand, that now we are divided into many many groups having our respective interpretations? Does God have a purpose for this?

I suppose all of us agree that God wants us to be "one" as we read in the following:
John_17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
John_17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Why did God make the Holy Bible so complicated to understand, that now we are divided into many many groups having our respective interpretations? Does God have a purpose for this?

I suppose all of us agree that God wants us to be "one" as we read in the following:
John_17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
John_17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

"No scripture is of any mans private interpretation"
That does not mean men will still want them.
The reason why we have so many interpretations is that we have so many men and so many 'versions' of the Word of God.
and "all we like sheep have gone astray each going his won way"
As faith(in God) cometh by hearing and by understanding the Word of God .
Then clearly to have a "unity of THE faith" There needs must have a unity of understanding of scripture.
That does not mean a consensus of understanding. But rather we arr to all have the same mind "think the same thing"
Have the same understanding of scripture.
What mind ?
yours or mine or Christs?
What knoweth the things of man save the spirit that is in man? Likewise the what knoweth the things of God save the Spirit of God."
There are many men but only one God and he needs not a multitude of versions to speak his own mind.
Nor is ge divided as to what he thinks either.
Jesus said when the Spirit of truth shall come "HE will lead us into all truth "
if then we have many versions and ideas as to what the truth is .We must conclude that either the Holy Spirit has not come .Or people are not willing to be led .
But subjecting the scriptures to their understanding come up with their own ideas and opinions or versions as to what is the truth
Rather than bringing every thought into subjection to Christ and subjectign their minds to God and be willing to follow HIM the good shepherd of our souls .
If Jesus said and prayed that we might be one as they were one.
The order of the unity w eare supposed to have is a very high order indeed .
and therefore the multitude of opiniosn and schools of 'theology' all opposing and competing with one another is not of God.
But it will ensure that sooner later for the sake of A peace many will accept a democratic consensus and will readily submit to A authority who come in their own name and will receive him.
Already it can be seen that the pre reformation idea that you needs must be 'qualified' (of men) to be able to understand the scriptures and sooner or later it will be proposed that all preachers will need to be regulated and licensed so as not to be 'radical' or extreme .
and there will be a 'unity' at the expense of truth . Which to all intents and purposes will be high treason.

In Christ
gerald

The fact that CHRISTIANITY is divided into innumerable groups of serious and sincere believers shows there is something in the HOLY BIBLE that remains unexplored. Brethren, what can you say to this?

The fact that CHRISTIANITY is divided into innumerable groups of serious and sincere believers shows there is something in the HOLY BIBLE that remains unexplored. Brethren, what can you say to this?
If it can be said ;The Holy Spirit. or in fact God.
For many know the Word of God . Greek and Hebrew .But know not the God of the Word at all or as much as they think they do.

in Christ
Gerald

Everybody, specially the serious and sincere, believe the HOLY BIBLE is the inspired WORD of God. As a matter of truth, we may say "we converse with GOD" through the Holy Bible. The question, do we accept everything written therein? The way it looks, acceptance is based on the dictate of "intellect and feeling", instead of on "God's divine revelation" that He expresses from His very words.

Everybody, specially the serious and sincere, believe the HOLY BIBLE is the inspired WORD of God. As a matter of truth, we may say "we converse with GOD" through the Holy Bible. The question, do we accept everything written therein? The way it looks, acceptance is based on the dictate of "intellect and feeling", instead of on "God's divine revelation" that He expresses from His very words.

Actually we converse with God by the Spirit of God .We learn of God and about God and it si the foundation of all sound doctrine and "is good for correction, reproof , and instruction in righteousness and furnishes every man of God..............."
ALL scripture was and is inspired by God therefor we do accpet all that is written therein as the truth .
"Thy Word is truth"
That it records the sins lies and failures of men is simply stating the truth and it does not white wash even the prophets and men of God or anyone .

in Christ
gerald

The Holy Bible has many examples where we read, and very clear to the reader, but to God has a different message. e.g.

1) Jesus Christ told His listeners, "Destroy this TEMPLE and in 3 days I will raise it". We read how many listeners took this literally and they used it to mock our Lord when He was nailed on the cross.
Mat_27:40 And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.

To our Lord, the TEMPLE refers to His BODY.
Joh 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.
Joh 2:22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

2) When Jesus fasted for 40 days and 40 nights, many people take this literally that they also abstain from eating.
But our Lord Jesus did not intend it literally, but spiritually to HUNGER for the WORD of God:
Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

3) Another example when Jesus warned His Disciples of the LEAVEN of the Pharisees and Sadduccees.
Mat_16:6 Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

They took LEAVEN literally.
Mat_16:11 How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?

But our Lord rebuked them:
Mat_16:11 How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?

PLUS MANY MORE EXAMPLES, INCLUDING OUR TOPIC.

The Holy Bible has many examples where we read, and very clear to the reader, but to God has a different message. e.g.

1) Jesus Christ told His listeners, "Destroy this TEMPLE and in 3 days I will raise it". We read how many listeners took this literally and they used it to mock our Lord when He was nailed on the cross.
Mat_27:40 And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.

To our Lord, the TEMPLE refers to His BODY.
Joh 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.
Joh 2:22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

2) When Jesus fasted for 40 days and 40 nights, many people take this literally that they also abstain from eating.
But our Lord Jesus did not intend it literally, but spiritually to HUNGER for the WORD of God:
Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

3) Another example when Jesus warned His Disciples of the LEAVEN of the Pharisees and Sadduccees.
Mat_16:6 Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

They took LEAVEN literally.

But our Lord rebuked them:

PLUS MANY MORE EXAMPLES, INCLUDING OUR TOPIC.

As Moses is recorded to have fasted 40 days also and that the verse Jesus quoted is in the book of Exodus where it says that God proved or tried the children of Israel in the wilderness for 40 DAYS that they might know and understand that man shall not live by bread alone but by every Word that proceedeth from the mouth of God.
was not the Lord "driven" and "led" into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil?
Then the clear scripture that says he fasted should not only be taken literally but it is confirmed in that he was hungered after it and was tempted to use the power of God to satisfy that hunger .
It is interestign to note also that before every temptation the devil used the words "If thou be the Son of God ......." thus sought also for the Lord to justify himself and sin to do so.
When he was on the cross the very same words "If thou be the Son of God .................." now came out of the mouths of men .
By that we should understand that we should never defend ourselves and put our trust and faith in God to justify us . For they who put their trust in me saith the Lord shall never be ashamed or confounded"
Jesus spoke and taught about fasting also . That while the bridegroom was there his disciples would not fast .
and in another place some demons cannot be dead out without prayer and fasting
Whether a man fasts for 40 days or not is up to them under God. But the Lord expected his disciples to often pray and fast .
Some have taught and some believe it that if you can all get together and fast or dont eat (not the same thing).
Not eating without prayer is a waste of time ) Man can somehow force God to do soemthing he is not willing to do.
If the whole world fasted it could not make God do what he was not willing to do.
if they starved themselves to death on the same basis he would not nor could not be moved .

When the Lord spoke of destroying the temple but in three days would rebuild it , yes he was speaking about his body and the religious leaders should have understood that even as they did not understand "ye must be BORN again"

The children of God should still be alert to the leven of the Pharasees .
For it produces unbelief and error and blindness.
Even as he taught of the woman who in secret put leven into the meal and the whole was changed .The meal being the church the leven as it is always spoken of in scripture (save in one place) speaks of sin . This they should have known also by the old testament . But which I did not either till about 10 or more years ago.

in Christ
gerald

He didn't! Why is it so hard to understand the Bible? Why does it take so much effort to fully and correctly understand the Bible? Before the question is explored, it must be made clear that God did not make His Word unclear. The message of God's Word is perfectly clear. The reason that the Bible can sometimes be hard to understand is that we are all fallen beings - sin clouds and distorts our understanding and leads us to twist the Bible to our own liking.

I would say to you that there are several factors that sometimes make the Bible hard to understand.

#1). There is a time and culture difference.
#2). There is the fact that the Bible contains different types of literature. The Bible contains history, law, poetry, songs, wisdom literature, prophecy, personal letters, and apocalyptic literature.
#3). We are all sinners; we all make mistakes. As much as we strive not to read our preconceived biases into the Bible, it is inevitable that we all do so. Sadly, at some point everyone misinterprets a Scripture due to a presupposed understanding of what a particular Scripture can or cannot mean.
#4). Only a saved person can understand the Scriptures.

Actually we converse with God by the Spirit of God .We learn of God and about God and it si the foundation of all sound doctrine and "is good for correction, reproof , and instruction in righteousness and furnishes every man of God..............."
ALL scripture was and is inspired by God therefor we do accpet all that is written therein as the truth .
"Thy Word is truth"
That it records the sins lies and failures of men is simply stating the truth and it does not white wash even the prophets and men of God or anyone .

in Christ
gerald

Nope! We talk to God through prayer and He speaks to us through His Word.

Isaiah 55:11 ...................

" so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. "

The Bible is God’s Word, everything we need to know in order to be saved and live the Christian life. 2 Peter 1:3 declares.......
“His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by his own glory and goodness.”

Nope! We talk to God through prayer and He speaks to us through His Word.

Isaiah 55:11 ...................

" so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. "

The Bible is God’s Word, everything we need to know in order to be saved and live the Christian life. 2 Peter 1:3 declares.......
“His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by his own glory and goodness.”

'We talk to God through prayer' True that is . We also talk to God by our actions .
Buf it we talk to God by our prayers by what means do we do so if not by the spirit?
Are we not also to worship God in Spirit and in truth?
and what of God?
Did he not talk to Moses "face to face"
and what of Samuel ? Did he not minister in the temple day and night almost from when he was weaned ?
Yet the scriptures say " He knew not the Lord ,nor was the Word of the Lord revealed to him" Yet one night "ere the lamp of God had gone out" he heard the voice of the lord and knew it not and thought it was Elis. Three times.
If we talk to God by prayer in our hearts or by our voice or in our minds . How is it that you think God does not or cannot reply also?
I have been 'saved' since 1978 . Paul was it not spoke to Timothy and said "ye have all the scriptures and rhey are able to make you wise unto salvation" Yet he ahd only then the Old Testament ,Yet Paul was saying in effect a man can be saved or make you wise unto salvation even with that.
How much more then do we have ?
Yet the scriptures themselves say they are for not only to make you wise unto salvation but "all scripture is given for reproof correction, for instruction in righeousness; that the man of God may be perfect throughly furnished unto all good works" 2Timothy 3:16-17.
I say this not for contentions sake but to simply point out that this is the same Timothy Paul was writing to when he said ye have all the scriptures able to make you wise unto Salvation .
Gidion did he not also know the scriptures? and by them believed God and the accounts that God was with Israel and by Him were able to subdue all their enemies let alone they come in and devour the land of Israel every year after the harvest .
He so believed it he was ponderign where was God NOW ? and it was while his thoughts drew him near to God that God drew near to him and while he was yet thinking on these things .God spoke to him .
Now when it says if we draw near to God God draws near to us .It does not mean geographical. For God is omnipresent and is every where all at the same time; now . But it means phsycologically where in our minds our thinking becomes into conformity with His.
For Gidion while believing of Gods presence in the past was wonderign about Gods presence in the present.
When God spoke to him .He replied and so on. But he was a cautious man and rightly so . For too many people have gone off half cocked and have believed every voice .
My sheep no My voice and another they will not listen to .
It is not as if we have never heard the voice of God for how then could we have been saved in the first place?
"Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God " That is a living voice . For if a man cannot hear or understand a mans words unless he gives his breath or life to his words then no man can hear and understand God s Word unless he gives his Spirit to his Word .
In prayer then do we not draw near unto God? or should?
and while I never expect to hear a "voice from heaven" audibly ;though it is not impossible.
Before you ask I will answer. If it can be forgiven the impertinance is God only good for what he can do for us? I dont think so .
I wonder how John got so close to the lord that he was free to rest his head upon the bosom of the Lord ?
To whom all the disciples asked "is it I " but he asaked "who is it?" He knew it was not him. and to whom the Lord replied ......
What of Abraham?
Who walked by faith and was long saved and was in a place where God was able to tell him "what he was about to do". But to Lot who walked by sight albeit he was counted righteous was not only blind to the day and the danger he was in but God was unable to speak to him because of it and it took two angles of God due to Abrahams intercession to not only open his eyes but they had to all but drag him out of the city .it should be noted that the messengers that opened his eyes .Blinded the eyes of them that believed not or upon whom judgement was coming.

Isiah 55 10-11 It is worth reading verse 10 as well to put 11 into a better light .

10 : For as the rain cometh down,and the snow from heaven and returneth not hither,but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater;
11: So shall my word be goeth forth out of my mouth, it shall not return unto me void ,but it shall acomplish that where unto I please , it shall prosper in the thing where I unto SENT it .

The rain and the snow do not in of and by themselves cause things to grow ,not without a seed being already present in the earth. You might argue that is contradicting what the verse says . But it does not . For it says "But WATERETH the earth and MAKETH it to bring forth ......
When Peter stood up on the day of Pentecost and said "this is that ......"which the prophet Joel spoke of
It says that " the Spirit of God will be poured out UPON all flesh" Even as the rain and the snow is poured out upon all flesh .
When it says ALL it means no one is excluded.
Great joy to the believer .Who has in his heart the seed which is the Word of God.
But even the weeds or tares rejoice at the fall of the rain or snow.
Thus as the Spirit falls UPON all flesh as water and snow from heaven . It reveals of what SORT of seed we are.
They that are of corruptable seed of one sort. They that are of incorruptable seed another .
But remember the promise of the Lord that the Spirit of God shall not only be " UPON you but shall also be IN you"
For where as in the Old testament the Spirit of God came UPON men of God who said and did things in the name of the Lord .
It could be no other way fro the blood of Jesus had not been shed nor indeed applied to the heart and soul of a man and as such were 'old vessels '
But now we are redeemed vessels and the blood has been shed. and even as when all things had been sanctified by blood in the tabernacle made with hands . Then the presence of God came down and filled the whole temple so much so that people could not even come near it . So then when the blood had been shed and been presented into presence of the Father for sin and when the Son had gone then the Holy Spirit of God could fill the tabernacle not made with hands but now sanctified unto God.
That self same Holy Spirit comes upon the Word that is sown in our hearts and causes it to bring forth fruit after ist own kind.
and to do those works preordained before the foundations of the world that we should walk in them. (see Timothy)
and this hardly does justice to the subject .
For it is Christ IN you the hope of glory .
How then do we pray and God not answer ? in our spirit. For is it not written they who are joined to the Lord they are of ONE spirit ?

In Christ
gerald

What is the Holy Bible to GOD? And, what is the HOLY BIBLE to MAN?

A Love Letter

2 Corinthians 3:6 NLT
He has enabled us to be ministers of his new covenant. This is a covenant not of written laws, but of the Spirit. The old written covenant ends in death; but under the new covenant, the Spirit gives life.

love_of_god1.jpg

Jesus, when He offered the bread and the wine at the Last Supper, declared the New Covenant, the covenant not written in stone, or parchment, but on human hearts. As receivers of His great salvation, we become His ministers!

The old covenant was imperfect, not able to eradicate sin once and for all. Jesus came and His sacrifice did it all! By His death on the cross of Calvary, we become not only forgiven, but righteous to God! In our righteousness, we are qualified in worthiness to be ministers of this salvation message to the world. What a high calling! We get to minister to the world for God! We get to be the messengers of life! The law kills—punishing sin, but this new covenant brings life by the Holy Spirit!

Write on my heart, O Lord, your wonderful name! Make me a qualified and worthy minister of your promise of life! Carve out your message of love on my beating heart, so the world may read of your love for them!

Euphemia
November 2007

You can from the day you were born to the day you die study the Bible every single day, logically analyzing, and reasoning it out, and never learn anything, except for what God has said, or done. Why? The Lord God did that on purpose so that no "flesh" will get credit for what it has learned on its own. The Bible must, and only be taught by the one who spoke it which is God the Father, and he uses the Holy Scriptures as confirmation of what he teaches. The Holy Spirit confirms to us what the Father has taught as being true. If you go about trying to understand scripture any other way, all you will come up with is "carnal knowledge" that does no body any good, except "puff" (pride) yourself up for what you have learned. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up.

1Cor 2:11.. For what person perceives (knows and understands) what passes through a man's thoughts except the man's own spirit within him? Just so no one discerns (comes to know and comprehend) the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
1Cor 2:12.. Now we have not received the spirit [that belongs to] the world, but the [Holy] Spirit Who is from God, [given to us] that we might realize and comprehend and appreciate the gifts [of divine favor and blessing so freely and lavishly] bestowed on us by God.
1Cor 2:13.. And we are setting these truths forth in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the [Holy] Spirit, combining and interpreting spiritual truths with spiritual language [to those who possess the Holy Spirit].
1Cor 2:14.. But the natural, nonspiritual man does not accept or welcome or admit into his heart the gifts and teachings and revelations of the Spirit of God, for they are folly (meaningless nonsense) to him; and he is incapable of knowing them [of progressively recognizing, understanding, and becoming better acquainted with them] because they are spiritually discerned and estimated and appreciated.

Indeed, God is speaking in parables or dark sayings of old (Psalms 78:2, Eze 20:49). This is clearly demonstrated as we read the Holy Bible in the Old Testament.

Who cannot see/hear JESUS CHRIST speaking in parables in the New Testament? (Mark 4:34), example:
* The parable of the TEMPLE, that to HIM, it represents His BODY
* The parable of "LEAVEN", that to HIM not the leaven for bread, but the doctrines of the Pharisees and Sadduccess
* The parable of "FASTING", that to HIM "hunger for the word of God, but to Satan and people to abstain from eating food.
Plus many more

And so, to attain SALVATION who can deny that GOD speaks parables. Otherwise we, all sincere believers of the Holy Bible, would have just a "common doctrine" for SALVATION.

What relation are the following verses in the OLD TESTAMENT:
Psa 78:2 I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:
Eze 20:49 Then said I, Ah Lord GOD! they say of me, Doth he not speak parables?

For illustration:

How could JACOB, later known as ISRAEL, wrestle with God and won?

Gen 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
Gen 32:25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
Gen 32:26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
Gen 32:27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
Gen 32:28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
Gen 32:29 And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.
Gen 32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

with the following verses in the NEW TESTAMENT?
Mar 4:34 But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.

Rev 5:1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
Rev 5:2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
Rev 5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Does NOT God really want us to just rely on the "letter" or literal understanding of what we read in the Holy Bible?
On several instances, God expounds "His intended" message from His words, from the very words written in the Holy Bible. Many examples can be cited, like:
1. The "TEMPLE' that relates to His BODY
2. Leaven of the Pharisees and Sadduccees that relate to their doctrines
3. Fasting JESUS CHRIST, not of bread, but to "hunger for the word"

I can imagine the goodness of God. He gave us the Holy Bible that actually represents HIM since He cannot relate to us physically. Because God is a Spirit, the WORDS in the Holy Bible are also expressed SPIRITUALLY that needs His clear exposition to enlighten us.

Therefore divergence of DOCTRINES from HUMAN WISDOM is expected.

I can imagine the goodness of God. He gave us the Holy Bible that actually represents HIM since He cannot relate to us physically. Because God is a Spirit, the WORDS in the Holy Bible are also expressed SPIRITUALLY that needs His clear exposition to enlighten us.

I can imagine the goodness of God. He gave us the Holy Bible that actually represents HIM since He cannot relate to us physically. Because God is a Spirit, the WORDS in the Holy Bible are also expressed SPIRITUALLY that needs His clear exposition to enlighten us. This is written in:
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

I can imagine the goodness of God. He gave us the Holy Bible that actually represents HIM since He cannot relate to us physically. Because God is a Spirit, the WORDS in the Holy Bible are also expressed SPIRITUALLY that needs His clear exposition to enlighten us. This is written in:
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

God highly relates to us physically through His Son, Jesus, who is the exact expression of the Father to us.

If it can be said ;The Holy Spirit. or in fact God.
For many know the Word of God . Greek and Hebrew .But know not the God of the Word at all or as much as they think they do.

in Christ
Gerald
We read how Theologians and Bible Scholars spent many years studying the Holy Bible, but as we all know they cannot agree on the TRUTH. I read the following:

2 Timothy_3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Does understanding the WORDS of God in the Holy Bible really requires "divine revelation"?

Back