The HOLY BIBLE

Does understanding the WORDS of God in the Holy Bible really requires "divine revelation"?
Absolutely!

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (KJV)
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.​

1 John 2:27 (KJV)
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.​

Those with faith, have the power of God, those with theological degrees most likely do not and they even say the power doesn't exists so they cannot be held in shame by the hearers of their words, but they will be shamed by God.

1 Corinthians 4:20 (KJV)
For the kingdom of God [is] not in word, but in power.​

I am inclined to believe that, to be really serious reading the Holy Bible you would go crazy. I tried this, and in exasperation I even "hated" this book. God forgive me. I listened to many preachers, but I can sense too much opinions seem to pull the "truth" to their own viewpoint. I found this the cause of the different groups preaching "salvation". So the key is still on the Holy Bible that I believe it is being misinterpreted. My search went to Youtube and found many postings of the "Holy Bible God's love letter". I listened, and found the following:

http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/the-holy-bible.44454/

We read how Theologians and Bible Scholars spent many years studying the Holy Bible, but as we all know they cannot agree on the TRUTH. I read the following:

2 Timothy_3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Does understanding the WORDS of God in the Holy Bible really requires "divine revelation"?
I believe this is the cause for the different doctrines for salvation being preached in CHRISTIANITY - we as witnesses.

We read how Theologians and Bible Scholars spent many years studying the Holy Bible, but as we all know they cannot agree on the TRUTH. I read the following:

2 Timothy_3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

In the book of Revelation, although I believe this refers to the future; I feel this applies "all the time" as Jesus Christ said, "I am the way, the truth..."

Rev 5:1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
Rev 5:2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
Rev 5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

I suspect this "book" is actually the HOLY BIBLE that needs our Lord Jesus Christ to "break the seals", and reveal "His intended message" for us, to ANSWER MANY QUESTIONS THAT WE ARE ENTITLED TO KNOW.

I am inclined to believe that, to be really serious reading the Holy Bible you would go crazy. I tried this, and in exasperation I even "hated" this book. God forgive me. I listened to many preachers, but I can sense too much opinions seem to pull the "truth" to their own viewpoint. I found this the cause of the different groups preaching "salvation". So the key is still on the Holy Bible that I believe it is being misinterpreted. My search went to Youtube and found many postings of the "Holy Bible God's love letter". I listened, and found the following:

http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/the-holy-bible.44454/

It would be the best thing to simply read the word and let Holy Spirit speak to you and teach you---not YouTube.

Thus far it has been my experience that it is better to do your own studies than it is to listen to what other people think. Even if people claim to hold rigid to Scripture, no two people are going to interpret the same passage the same way, just like very few people nowadays read the same translation/version of the Bible.

Researching online and watching YouTube videos to help guide me in my Bible studies did little for me except confuse and frustrate me since I kept getting so much conflicting info. I decided it was better to invest in a research Bible with cross references, and check things out for myself rather than rely on the word of somebody I don't know and whose motives I can only guess at.

Thus far it has been my experience that it is better to do your own studies than it is to listen to what other people think. Even if people claim to hold rigid to Scripture, no two people are going to interpret the same passage the same way, just like very few people nowadays read the same translation/version of the Bible.

Researching online and watching YouTube videos to help guide me in my Bible studies did little for me except confuse and frustrate me since I kept getting so much conflicting info. I decided it was better to invest in a research Bible with cross references, and check things out for myself rather than rely on the word of somebody I don't know and whose motives I can only guess at.

YouTube in general is rife with confusion and Johnny-come-latelies to the Body of Christ, and flakes who just have no outlet for their ungodly ideas, most of whom are unchurched, but in the flesh desire a following, and eager ears. So, you are doing a good thing to avoid that outlet for truth.

A good bible and a good, bible teaching church are essential.

.[/QUOTE]

The good Bible I have covered in spades. The good Bible teaching church...nope. Not in my area. Bunch of pretty buildings with false prophets teaching a watered-down message to the "lost" to try and up their attendance reports week by week.

The good Bible I have covered in spades. The good Bible teaching church...nope. Not in my area. Bunch of pretty buildings with false prophets teaching a watered-down message to the "lost" to try and up their attendance reports week by week.

Ask God and wait on Him. He will lead you to where He wants to plant you. that's His job. If He sends you out of town, go there!

As a new believer, how do you have the wherewithal to judge who is a false teacher or even a false prophet and if the message they preach is watered down? Aren't the lost supposed to get the message of truth? Aren't churches supposed to grow as people find Christ? What is your measure?

Well, if the pastor isn't reading from the Bible, then I would consider his message to be watered down. If the church music sounds like something I'd hear on the secular Top40 radio, then I'd consider the message to be watered down. If I can spot the pastor drinking and swearing like a sailor on a Friday evening and then talking about the dangers of sin on Sunday, then I'd consider him a false prophet. I don't think my measures are too out of line. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

Well, if the pastor isn't reading from the Bible, then I would consider his message to be watered down. If the church music sounds like something I'd hear on the secular Top40 radio, then I'd consider the message to be watered down. If I can spot the pastor drinking and swearing like a sailor on a Friday evening and then talking about the dangers of sin on Sunday, then I'd consider him a false prophet. I don't think my measures are too out of line. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

How do you know a pastor of any church doesn't read the bible? Do you live with them? Apart from witnessing carnality in a pastor, it is a good church that teaches from scripture, and expounds on it, and as for music, you cannot judge worship music on its sound alone.

You apparently missed what I said. The pastor is not teaching from the Bible, IN church. No "turn in your Bibles to chapter, verse", no...nada. Like the Bible isn't being used in church. Dig?

I see you're trying to look at this from a "glass is half full" standpoint, but you're going to fail. I'll judge music on it's merits - and to my ear, power chords and heavy metal lyrics are not worshipful songs. You don't take Metallica and sprinkle in a "praise Jesus" every once in a while and get a gospel song. No.

You apparently missed what I said. The pastor is not teaching from the Bible, IN church. No "turn in your Bibles to chapter, verse", no...nada. Like the Bible isn't being used in church. Dig?

I see you're trying to look at this from a "glass is half full" standpoint, but you're going to fail. I'll judge music on it's merits - and to my ear, power chords and heavy metal lyrics are not worshipful songs. You don't take Metallica and sprinkle in a "praise Jesus" every once in a while and get a gospel song. No.

Is this every week, or did you leave after only one week? If after a few weeks of this, you are within your rights to leave it behind.

Music is rightfully God's, while the devil has stolen it. We take it back from him and from the world and offer it to God. God loves it when we offer to Him what rightfully is His--worship and music. It doesn't matter what chords we use or what instruments we use. We sing and play to His glory, led by the Holy Spirit, and with confidence, we offer words of love and adoration to God alone.

As for your "glass half-full" comment, it makes no sense. I see a glorious church amid much confusion. That is what God sees. My choice is to see the whole doughnut and not the vacant hole as so many Christians on forums do, claiming the Church is a failure. To God, she is a spotless, wrinkle-free Bride.

Last edited:
Every church I attend gets three opportunities before I make my final decision about them. A 3-strikes and you're out policy. Now, granted, there are still a lot of churches I could try that are within an hour's drive, but I'm really not keen on spending an extra two hours traveling in addition to listening to a sermon and glad-handing with a bunch of strangers. So, I take my portion of the responsibility for my inability to find a church because I am not looking extremely hard - but what I have seen around me is extremely disappointing.

As for how yo see the church - it's polar opposite to how I see God's church. Best that we know that now so it doesn't need to be a source of conflict for us in the future. I imagine God looks upon the churches around today and 99.999% of their attendees and he facepalms himself.

Every church I attend gets three opportunities before I make my final decision about them. A 3-strikes and you're out policy. Now, granted, there are still a lot of churches I could try that are within an hour's drive, but I'm really not keen on spending an extra two hours traveling in addition to listening to a sermon and glad-handing with a bunch of strangers. So, I take my portion of the responsibility for my inability to find a church because I am not looking extremely hard - but what I have seen around me is extremely disappointing.

As for how yo see the church - it's polar opposite to how I see God's church. Best that we know that now so it doesn't need to be a source of conflict for us in the future. I imagine God looks upon the churches around today and 99.999% of their attendees and he facepalms himself.

Three opportunities is fine, especially when you see a real fault, but where there is none, I always advise a 6-week period. However, that said, I am a firm believer that we do not have to "try out" various churches, seeking the one good fit. When we ask God and wait on Him, He will lead us to the right one right away. We need to be willing to travel---even move---for the sake of the Body of Christ we are to belong to. Any house of God that is doing it right, and where God wants me to be planted in and to grow and bloom in, I will travel as long as it takes.

The way I view the Body of Christ is how the word of God presents it.

God is pleased with His children, His Church. Many churches---not so much.

I believe this is the cause for the different doctrines for salvation being preached in CHRISTIANITY - we as witnesses.
Apostasy is what the church is in today. There's only one doctrine of salvation that all Gods elect believe in; the gospel of Gods grace in Christ Alone.. And salvation is of the Lord! Anything outside of that is false. Nowadays no one test the spirits to see whether or not it is of God. Rather we embrace anyone and everyone who professes Christ as brother and sister. This is where toleration of heresy creeps in. Example, would you tolerate a JW or Mormon preaching or teaching within your assembly? Most on here would say no!! But yet many would embrace Roman Catholics as brothers or sisters rt? Why is that? Because if there is any anti christian doctrines that perverts the truth of the gospel, it's popery! The teachings of popery opposes justification and life in Christ Alone!! So the question is, how is one justified according to Gods Word? And what doctrines do you test to see whether or not truth is being believed and taught? So the truth of Gods righteousness in Christ may be lifted up. The righteousness which is of faith

Exactly and yet seeking God in Prayer on who He wants you to study under changes everything.

The problem with the idea that no two people will interpret the same passage the same way is that it has two great faults in it.
1) If "we are all to come to a unity of THE faith" (as opposed to A faith) as faith in God comes by understanding the Word of God . There needs must be also then a unity of understanding . That is to say what the scriptures speak of "Be of the same mind" let this mind be in you as it ws in Christ"
For tell me who inspired the scriptures? If not the Holy Spirit of God? and is it not w ritten he 2knows the deep things and the mind of God"
How is it then you say we must all have a different interpretation of scripture? Is not also written "that no scripture is of mans own private interpretation"
Was not it not promised by the Lord Himself that when the Holy Spirit shall come" HE will lead you into all truth"?
Are we to understand by your reasoning then that God has a myriad of minds so that each one is suited to every individual so that each may have their own 'truth' or interpretation?
If he is goign to lead us into all truth does that not then mean he will lead us all to the same place in understanding?
If you think otherwise explain then how we can all come to a unity of the truth by each having a different understanding?
We have to face the fact that there are not a few hirelings. But we should also face the truth that there are men of God and pastors after Gods own heart who will not compromise the Word of God so as to keep a congregation .
For God is looking for quality not numbers.

I think that to many God is dead .Though they may deny it. For all they have are the scriptures which speak only of the past of a God who worked and spoke in times past but now men are left to their own devices .
Or perhaps the truth of it is that they are dead to God and more alive to their own flesh or worse.
For while people give lip service to the Holy Spirit and make many claims to knowing God and being led by the Holy Spirit their thinking says otherwise as too their perceptions of scripture and 'interpretations'
The church cannot be perfected without those ministers of God as listed in Ephesians for that is their prime function .
One of which is till we all come to the unity of the faith .Clearly by your reasoning and others there is yet a mountain to climb in this matter.
Your answer is but "all we like sheep have gone astray each going his own way..."

in Christ
gerald

The question, God gave us the HOLY BIBLE; why are Bible-believers cannot agree on the "way to salvation"?
We are divided into innumerable groups, and each group claims the "truth"?
Do we all think God is satisfied with our posts?

The question, God gave us the HOLY BIBLE; why are Bible-believers cannot agree on the "way to salvation"?
We are divided into innumerable groups, and each group claims the "truth"?
Do we all think God is satisfied with our posts?

Perhaps the biggest stumbling block I had early on in my life with Christianity wasn't with the doctrines or the basis of belief, but with the people. Every church thinks that they are the only one who has the "right" idea bout what God wants, and almost every believer I have ever talked to just loves to try and impress each other with their apologetics. I counter all of it with "what if you're all wrong?" . Are all of us willing to sit in the hotseat for our cruddy behavior towards each other and our "holier than thou" attitudes since 31 AD?

Back