THE INNER ROOM - "Learn and Grow - to Maturity". Please read the 1st Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Satan's Goal

Taking from Beth Moore Breaking Free Every Day Devotion:

Satan's goal is to be worshiped. This is what he has always wanted. This is what fuels his rebellion against God.

But if Satan can't get people to worship him directly, he accomplishes his goal by tempting people to worship something or someone other than God.

God created us to worship. Each of us will worship something. The focus of our worship can be determined by the grace of our eyes- by what or who is the object of our primary focus. And believe me when I tell you, whatever we worship , we will also obey..

Hmm the above was very interesting to me as I read the devotion today.
I never really understood to much about worshiping someone other than God could include someone we are in a relationship in. I mean I was not like getting on my knees and saying I honor you yadda yadda.. but man was I worshiping that person in other ways.. Has it been a continous change for me to focus on the one above .. you betcha.. ya.. is it worth it.., absolutely..

I will not bow down to Satan's goal.. I will go kicking and screaming..
I just keep saying .. No deal Satan..

There are so many things that people worship more than the Lord.. may all have the strength to turn their eyes and hearts upward.

Hugs
Robin:)

Robin, it is such a blessing to see how you are growing!
I dont keep a daily journal. I used to write at least once a week, but that has trickled down to nothing now. NO TIME! ACK! But, when I read back on what I HAVE written, it just amazes me. Sometimes, I dont recognize the person that did all that writing. Sometimes, it encourages me in how much I have grown, myself! ha! *hugs*

Hi folks, ((((((hug))))))

Trying to get my post count up here sufficiently for BM to Pm me! Does anyone know how many posts I need to receive PMs??

Praying very much for the OR... and hoping that one day I may be in a position to join in again.
Love you folks.
Val, if BM sends out any prayer PMs could you email them to me for now? Thanks, sis.
God bless you all
Sarah

Thanks, Jax.... one more then!
*Tries to think of something profound to say*

Wow, it's quite amazing to see the name 'Criada' again!

(Now you can write 'Yes' in reply *which seems terribly profound to me! lol* - and voila you've got the magic 5, and my PM's will go through! Whoo-hoo!"

(But I can't leave before saying the BIGGEST possible thankyou to you for your care and faithful prayer over a long period for Beloved and me, as well as prayer for this ministry. Bless you out of your socks, dear heart!!)

- BM

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #50

GETTING THE LORD INTO FIRST PLACE IN OUR LIVES

- snip-

I never really understood to much about worshiping someone other than God could include someone we are in a relationship in. I mean I was not like getting on my knees and saying I honor you yadda yadda.. but man was I worshiping that person in other ways.. Has it been a continous change for me to focus on the one above .. you betcha.. ya.. is it worth it.., absolutely..

I will not bow down to Satan's goal.. I will go kicking and screaming..
I just keep saying .. No deal Satan..

There are so many things that people worship more than the Lord.. may all have the strength to turn their eyes and hearts upward.

Hugs
Robin:)

This is SO good, hon!! There are indeed many traps to watch out for! What may we quite UNKNOWINGLY be worshipping??

Try these checks:

1. First, what things/people/activities take up much of your time and which you feel GOOD about? This gives you a starting point.

2. Ask: Is how much you feel good about it/them greater than your relationship with the Lord? (feeling good about something or someone is NOT wrong in itself - only if you're putting IT/THEM ahead of HIM!)

3. Check this out: is it/them coming first in your life, and therefore taking AWAY from your relationship with the Lord? - Who of course must always be in first place!

4. And finally: has it/them therefore become an IDOL (that effectively you are worshiping)?

If any here should discover that God is not in top spot, then you must NOT despair! Please, please trust me that you CAN achieve this - and we're here to help with it! Set your face toward this goal and do not give up at any point. Do not let disappointment stop you, ever! Keep the goal firmly in sight. Please ask for help any time if you need it.

As a start I'm praying for you to determine that you will move heaven and earth if necessary, to make Him first of all in your life. I've been through this. It was not always easy - but the CHANGES in my life from taking drastic steps as required, have been so blessed that it would almost take a book to relate them all!

- BM, with his Lady
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

hspace1.gif

Wow, it's quite amazing to see the name 'Criada' again!

(Now you can write 'Yes' in reply *which seems terribly profound to me! lol* - and voila you've got the magic 5, and my PM's will go through! Whoo-hoo!"

(But I can't leave before saying the BIGGEST possible thankyou to you for your care and faithful prayer over a long period for Beloved and me, as well as prayer for this ministry. Bless you out of your socks, dear heart!!)

- BM

A profound *yes*:D

And no thanks are necessary... prayer is a privilege, and I am so very grateful to God that He allows me to participate in your ministry in this way.
Love you two *hugs*

And that's 5 :)

Check this out: is it/them coming first in your life, and therefore taking AWAY from your relationship with the Lord? - Who of course must always be in first place!

I know there are moments when I stray away that is for sure... even this morning.. with all I have going on I found myself at the mall .. I should not have gone there as I was kind of a in a down mood.. with tomorow being the day I move to a new place.. yes I am excited but a little nervous at the same time.

Anyway.. today could have been one of those past days where I just bought "stuff" to make me feel better. I caught myself and put a few things back. At times in the past, I worshiped clothes and "stuff" to make me feel better. At least I have learned that the Lord can make me feel better!
Praise the Lord!
It is 80 degrees here today in NY~ beautiful day.. would love to bask in the sun.. but I got to get this packing done!

Robin

A profound *yes*:D

And no thanks are necessary... prayer is a privilege, and I am so very grateful to God that He allows me to participate in your ministry in this way.
Love you two *hugs*

And that's 5 :)

You're so SWEET!

And yes, that surely IS 5! :):D:p;) *itchy trigger finger just kept clicking an' I couldn't stop it... truly!!*

I know there are moments when I stray away that is for sure... even this morning.. with all I have going on I found myself at the mall .. I should not have gone there as I was kind of a in a down mood.. with tomorow being the day I move to a new place.. yes I am excited but a little nervous at the same time.

Anyway.. today could have been one of those past days where I just bought "stuff" to make me feel better. I caught myself and put a few things back. At times in the past, I worshiped clothes and "stuff" to make me feel better. At least I have learned that the Lord can make me feel better!
Praise the Lord!
It is 80 degrees here today in NY~ beautiful day.. would love to bask in the sun.. but I got to get this packing done!

Robin

Wow, sounds like you did great, hon! Congrats!!

We all have the 'comfort' things we turn to when we're feeling a bit down or whatever. Like food seems to be a big one for many of us. But I really love: "At least I have learned that the Lord can make me feel better!" INDEED! And what really gets me is how foolish we can be in going to things instead of Him... (there have been times I wanted to give myself a big WHACK for this!!)

Happy moving. Hope it all goes well. Praying for you!

Spending Spree

Hey, FaithWoman,
I just realized that I think I used to do the same thing. Buy "things" to make me feel better. Then I learned a little trick. I carry things I think I want around awhile until I see other things. By the time I get to the cashier, I no longer have the same attraction to them. Either they're already old because I "possessed" them awhile, or I realize there is no place to put them in my home. My desire to have them disappeared.

I regret not realizing that it's one thing God "fixed" for me. The same with liquor . . . I no longer automatically go down the liquor isle because it doesn't seem to be a habit anymore. And I realize right now that I haven't gotten a thirst for wine for about a week! Not that it is bad to drink it, it's just not such a habit for me anymore.

It's so cool how Heavenly Father can change your life around so much! I love Him for that. :p Bonnie

ERP!

That's my biggest boo-boo I think I've ever made on a forum!!

BONDMANS 1ST PARAPHRASE (Post #558 HERE) comes from EPHESIANS CHAPTER 2 (verses 4 to 10) - NOT CHAPTER 3. *hides his head in SHAME!*

Fixed now...

SORRY!!!

- BM *frantically tries to hide...*

BM if that is the worst thing you ever goofed on, for as long as you've been doing this, you are quite the lucky man. We are only human after all. Right?

377an15.gif

BM if that is the worst thing you ever goofed on, for as long as you've been doing this, you are quite the lucky man. We are only human after all. Right?

377an15.gif

You're right, JW! That's very kind of you!

But to write Ch 3 instead of Ch 2 - I really couldn't believe it. SweetSurrender was saying to me, "I'm sure I've heard a verse like that somewhere before." Well, yes, in the 2nd Chapter - not the one I wrote! Woops....

I'm sorry Bondman. You're fired.

donald-trump.jpg

:p:D

We still love you Bondman. :D God Bless.

Smilies-2.gif

Criada!!!!YAYAYAY!! Good to see you again!
jumpy.gif
I hope you get to come here more often! We've missed you!

Hey, when I get the impulse to buy something, I pray about it, then wait a few weeks. If I still think I need it, and the Lord says ok, then its mine! ha!
smile.gif

bat.gif
Bondman, does THIS smiley look familiar??
grin.gif
You know I"m kidding, right?

Buy "things" to make me feel better. Then I learned a little trick. I carry things I think I want around awhile until I see other things.

Great idea! Hey I realized something ese too.. I had bought one shirt.. heck it ya bought one ya got the second one for 88 cents.. HOWEVER,
after thinking about wearing it today with it being so hot and all, I realized it was not really something God would want me to do... you see it is a top that ties around the neck and comes low scooped and it shows ummm some cleavage.. well as you all know both myself and my boyfriend are working on honoring the Lord with Sexual purity.. and the Lord's purity is not just about what we do sexually, it is also what we think about, what we see and umm what we wear! yikes! man so many things to work on!
So I do not want to be a temptation to my friend or any other man.. so I must think much better before buying clothes.. that purchase was just not appropriate... I am learning.. slowly..

Loved the Donald trump pic by the way!

Mark said: "I'm sorry Bondman. You're fired." *looks back sadly as he leaves The Inner Room for the last time. Goes off to start lookin' fer another job...* lol

Fluffy said: "
bat.gif
Bondman, does THIS smiley look familiar??" *Youch! Youch! Youch! Youch! Youch! Youch! etc...* *sends urgent PM to Fluffy asking her to please call that lil guy OFF!*

Great idea! Hey I realized something ese too.. I had bought one shirt.. heck it ya bought one ya got the second one for 88 cents.. HOWEVER,
after thinking about wearing it today with it being so hot and all, I realized it was not really something God would want me to do... you see it is a top that ties around the neck and comes low scooped and it shows ummm some cleavage.. well as you all know both myself and my boyfriend are working on honoring the Lord with Sexual purity.. and the Lord's purity is not just about what we do sexually, it is also what we think about, what we see and umm what we wear! yikes! man so many things to work on!
So I do not want to be a temptation to my friend or any other man.. so I must think much better before buying clothes.. that purchase was just not appropriate... I am learning.. slowly..

Loved the Donald trump pic by the way!

Ignorant Aussie couldn't quite figure out who it was... *embarrassment*

Yep, lotsa things ta learn alright! But that's part of the journey, which to me is nothing less than an amazing adventure! - cos there's sure never a dull moment for the sincere Believer!! (Even to the extent that I actually feel sorry for unbelievers, and maybe most especially those who've never got serious with the Lord, because of all they're missin' out on!)

But, hey, ya dun good, sweetie! *hands out well-deserved plaudits to Robin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back