THE INNER ROOM - "Learn and Grow - to Maturity". Please read the 1st Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #66

TO ENSURE NO ONE WAS MISLEAD:

In Message #62 I quoted this verse:

Luke Ch 17
10 Even so on your part, when you have done everything that was commanded you, say, We are unworthy servants; we have [merely] done what was our duty to do.

Is Jesus saying here that you get no 'credit' for even trying to be obedient and to do good? Not at all! It's simply to show clearly that we never can count on ANY WORTHINESS that we may think we have!

The best is to always consider yourself UNWORTHY - but making sure that you are NOT putting yourself down in doing this, i.e., feeling like you useless and hopeless. No, no. It is simply a choice of your mind and will to consider yourself as this - as Jesus so beautifully expressed it in the verse above: "Say, We are unworthy servants!" So, just say this and accept it as true for you. No emotions necessary! lol

Here's a lovely truth: we PLEASE Him when we engage in right-living and obeying what He says! I just LOVE to please Him. I guess that's kind of my life. And the wonderful plus here is: aiming to live this way, and relying on the Holy Spirit's help when you do, WILL move you forward in your Christian walk. I've reported here that I know I do actually have some righteousness in my life (tho I'm not much aware of it, and certainly don't know how much).

YOU can most assuredly have this too - and in fact one of your premier goals should be to work towards this in your walk with the Lord!! One of the ways to receive righteousness from the Lord is also set out in Message #62.

- BM with 'is Mrs
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

COMMENTS, QUESTIONS WELCOME!

hspace1.gif

I loved it Fluffy.. Faith is allowing your soul to go beyond your eyes what you can see... Thank you so much. That is so appropriate in my life right now!

Robin

Hey thanks Fluffy

Hello from me too Atonement! Glad you could drop in! The Inner Room has been going for quite awhile cos this is the 3rd forum I've had it on, and it's really working well here. God is GOOD!!

This is probably because Christian Forum Site is unquesitonably the best Christian forum I've been on to date, well set up and excellently run. Somewhere round 60 to 80 people visit the Inner Room thread daily, and just a few post which is wonderful because that's the best way for a teaching thread like this to work.

Much love in Jesus!

- BM

Perserving

Ok, I started reading Hebrews after Bondman's message These are what really hit me this morning:

25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching

Thank goodness for the meeting of the Inner Room..

35So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. 36You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. 37For in just a very little while,
"He who is coming will come and will not delay.
38But my righteous one[a] will live by faith.
And if he shrinks back,
I will not be pleased with him."[b]

I AM HOLDING ON LORD JESUS~! STRUGGLING BUT HOLDING ON!

6And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

4In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons:
"My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline,
and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
6because the Lord disciplines those he loves,
and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son."[a]
7Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?

Lastly:

12Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 13"Make level paths for your feet,"[a] so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.

What powerful direction their is in the Lord's word.
I am so thankful for the direction I get from all of you here. It is at a point, that I surely could throw away my confidence.. but I will not! I will strengthen my feeble arms and weak knees.. no man is not going to take me down. By doing the will of God, I will receive what he promises..

Have a Blessed day!
Robin:)

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #67

LET'S ALL BECOME PEOPLE OF THE BOOK!

Now ya talkin', girl!!! Not that you haven't before, but this is how we ALL need to live our lives! The Bible is THE WORD OF GOD!!! God's Word/Words direct to US! And the NEW TESTAMENT specifically is our GUIDEBOOK to our life in Christ!

Folks, unless we dare to READ IT we are walking blind, stumbling round in the dark, and wondering why our walk with Him is nowhere near like it should be!

I understand that you may feel that it's not all that easy to read without help. But unless we start, then it will always be like that! Let me randomly take two verses Robin quoted from Hebrews Ch 10:

35 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.

We all like rewards. Our confidence will be richly rewarded, it says. So, confidence in what? Sounds like confidence in God, right! And the verses before this, which I just went and checked out, indicate that it is talking about confidence that God is our God and that we are safe in His hands. Works for me!!!

36 You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.

We need to persevere and not give in. That's clear enough. So that when we've done the will of God - obeying Him - we'll receive what He's promised (such as the rich reward in v. 35). And this time the verses AFTER that show that the promise will be received after we've run our race, or when Jesus returns if that comes first.

The New Testament is not as hard to read and understand as many think. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you to understand! - and read with faith and trust in Him. Realise that the evil one WILL con you into keeping away from reading if he can! Cos he KNOWS how powerful it is! Life-changing!!

We Believers in the Lord Jesus Christ should be PEOPLE OF THE BOOK! But mostly we're not. We let other people tell us what it says, or what they THINK it says. Yes, even Bondman!! You have to learn to read it for yourself and LEARN WHAT IT SAYS, AND GROW TO MATURITY IN CHRIST BECAUSE YOU KNOW THE WORD OF GOD FOR YOURSELF!!!

So check out what I say. If I don't give Scriptures (often I don't have room) then ASK ME! Then you can check for yourself if what I said is true to His Holy Word!!

- BM and his Love
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

COMMENTS, QUESTIONS WELCOME!

hspace1.gif

We need to persevere and not give in. That's clear enough. So that when we've done the will of God - obeying Him - we'll receive what He's promised (such as the rich reward in v. 35). And this time the verses AFTER that show that the promise will be received after we've run our race, or when Jesus returns if that comes first.

The hardest part for me is that I may not receive those promises here on earth,,, but I truly shall receive them when I go to Eternity.. How awesome is that!

The New Testament is not as hard to read and understand as many think. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you to understand! - and read with faith and trust in Him. Realise that the evil one WILL con you into keeping away from reading if he can! Cos he KNOWS how powerful it is! Life-changing!!

I do pray now befdore reading the Word, I ask the Lord and the holy spirit speak to me.. I could not put the word down this morning. The book of Hebrews so spoke to me this morning!

We Believers in the Lord Jesus Christ should be PEOPLE OF THE BOOK! But mostly we're not. We let other people tell us what it says, or what they THINK it says. Yes, even Bondman!! You have to learn to read it for yourself and LEARN WHAT IT SAYS, AND GROW TO MATURITY IN CHRIST BECAUSE YOU KNOW THE WORD OF GOD FOR YOURSELF!!!

To often myself, Iwant someone else to tell me the answers I am looking for and I am learning that even though the Word is written as the Word, I am learning. slowly but surely.

Robin

"Do not throw your confidence away".
Last night, I was praying and God told me He had something for me. Something He wanted me to do, some kind of ministry, I guess. He wouldnt tell me what it was, but wanted to know if I would accept it, no matter what.
Then the scripture verse came to me about "counting the cost". And I said "but I dont know what the cost is!" I dont know what is going to be asked of me!
The reply was "Yes, you do." And when I thought about it some more, I realized that the cost of following Jesus in anything could very well be persecution, hostility, derision, alienation. Would I have what it took to persevere thru all that and keep going?

Of course not!

But in Christ, I do! In Christ I can do all things thru Him which strengthens me!
So I said YES! Yes, Lord! YES! Shaking in my bed the whole time. But knowing that no matter what, my God loves me and will take care of me, and if I follow Him, (hanging onto His robe, I'll be so close!) He will not lead me astray or abandon me!

Thanks Fluffy..

IT IS AT ALL COSTS... THAT WE FOLLOW....
THE PROBLEM IS..NOT TO MANY WANT TO DO THE ALL COSTS OF LIFE..
HOWEVER, WHAT THEY DO NOT REALIZE IS ALL THAT THEY ARE MISSING OUT ON..

HAVE A GREAT EVENING

ROBIN

I Am Telling You It Works~

Ok,
So all my posts about believing and faith and such.. it doee work

WE JUST NEED TO OPEN OUR EYES, EARS AND HEARTS.

So today I am praying about my move, my confidence, my faith and such. I even read scripture out loud with the Human Resource director today.

Short version,
I go to Walmart tonite to get cleaning supplies, I cannot find a bucket, so I decide I will just grab a bathroom trash can to use.. then I decided $ 4.00 was not worth it.. so I set it aside and told myself I would just get one a the dollar tree for $ 1.00 tomorrow. On the way home I see the Dollar store.. so I stop. On my way in I see Taco bell. told myself I would have dinner there aftwards. On way out of store, I smell something good. so I go to the little restararunt next to Taco Bell.

I sit in the back. Waitress took my order. I started to pray.. I heard God say you need to give her $ 20.00 I thought what!!!! I need to pay $ 1,000 for moving on Monday! .. anway as she was waiting on another table she gave them bill, said God Bless. She came to my table to check on me. I told her it was awesome to hear that.. I needed that .. I said where are you from? she said Olean!!!!! the town I am moving from.. she had moved here a bit. ago. . I asked what church she went to here.. she is searching for one.. She went to the same church that I did in my old town!!!!! The one that has really helped me on my faith walk!!!!! She knew the pastors and such... I could not believe it! I wrote my cell phone number done, gave her the slip of paper and the $ 20.00 and told her it was from the Lord.. she is working 2 jobs waitressing , trying to make a living and she had just finished up school.. she exchanged her number with me.. We are going to get together when I get settled.

The moral of this story is.. keep on believing! Keep having that Faith! Walk with confidence.. KEEP YOUR EYES, EARS, AND HEARTS OPEN.. Follow him.. he led me to put the wastebasket back, he led me to the dollar store, he led me to change my agenda for dinner..

I bet if you really started walking and believing and started listening, you will see things happen in your life each day!

Hugs to you all.. I just had to come back to work tonite to use the computer to share with all of you.. Ok..so now that the lesson from the most recent message got through to me.. what's next Bondman?

Robin

Hey, ya'll. Bad news. My dad died this evening. I will be heading south to be with my mother. Dont know when or if I'll be able to get online for awhile. Good news is, he was definitely saved! So glory hallelujah, we know where he is going!
Love you guys!
Fluffy

"Do not throw your confidence away".
Last night, I was praying and God told me He had something for me. Something He wanted me to do, some kind of ministry, I guess. He wouldnt tell me what it was, but wanted to know if I would accept it, no matter what.
Then the scripture verse came to me about "counting the cost". And I said "but I dont know what the cost is!" I dont know what is going to be asked of me!
The reply was "Yes, you do." And when I thought about it some more, I realized that the cost of following Jesus in anything could very well be persecution, hostility, derision, alienation. Would I have what it took to persevere thru all that and keep going?

Of course not!

But in Christ, I do! In Christ I can do all things thru Him which strengthens me!
So I said YES! Yes, Lord! YES! Shaking in my bed the whole time. But knowing that no matter what, my God loves me and will take care of me, and if I follow Him, (hanging onto His robe, I'll be so close!) He will not lead me astray or abandon me!

ONE OF THE GREATEST JOYS FOR ME AS A JESUS-BELIEVER IS TO SEE THE LORD AT WORK IN PEOPLE'S LIVES!!! (Quite likely you guys are the same!)

So Fluffy, this is soooo EXCITING!!! He IS at work in you. Whoooo-hooo!!!!! Very strong challenge He's put to you. I noticed how you got told the minimum of info. Yup, exactly as expected from our BEAUTIFUL God! We don't need to know about tomorrow! He's already there, and so it really is all okay.

"Would I have what it took to persevere thru all that and keep going?

"Of course not!"

Me neither! To me it goes something like this:

I CAN'T; but HE CAN!!!

Hey, ya'll. Bad news. My dad died this evening. I will be heading south to be with my mother. Dont know when or if I'll be able to get online for awhile. Good news is, he was definitely saved! So glory hallelujah, we know where he is going!
Love you guys!
Fluffy

Oh, Fluffy dear, I am SO sorry to hear of your loss! That's really tough!!

But at the same time I am so really, really, really GLAD that He belonged to Jesus! Wow, he's released from the hardships of this earth, with the Lord - and now is FREE!!! *IS EXTREMELY ENVIOUS!!!*

God is so CLOSE to you and WITH you at every moment during this difficult time.

And dear heart of ours, we are all WITH YOU in spirit and prayer too.

- BM, with his Lady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back