THE INNER ROOM - "Learn and Grow - to Maturity". Please read the 1st Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never had trouble saying "I love You, Lord". But then, He started convicting me that to love Him was to obey Him, and was I really obeying? Hmmmm, that took alot of soul searching and found for some parts yes, some parts no. So I started working harder to turn my no's into yes's! ha!

Hmm... who's the 'lucky duck' then! You must have known a pile more than I did by the sounds of it, hon!

I love how He started convicting you about OBEYING Him - and also love that you were LISTENING enough that you recognised the conviction. That's a definite WOW!

Cos I know from my long experience of living in a whole great pile of ignorance about how the Christian life really worked, that much of the time His convictions would probably have gone unrecognised and unnoticed. And if I'm right on that, then adding to what I said above to Mark, that's gotta be pretty sad too, I reckon!...

Hmmm. As much as I have been growing, that makes me want to read this whole IR over again and study it closely to more accurately interpret and benefit from your experience. You know those tiny little ways that you learn, that if learned by someone who knows not of them, will open their eyes to things otherwise unseen.

Hmmm. As much as I have been growing, that makes me want to read this whole IR over again and study it closely to more accurately interpret and benefit from your experience. You know those tiny little ways that you learn, that if learned by someone who knows not of them, will open their eyes to things otherwise unseen.

That was part of the point I was making. I never had anything like a Christian mentor at any point, never had even a Pastor who was more advanced in their Christian experience than I was. So it was always just the Lord and me (with those 'boot-straps', ha! - or nothing!)

And it's very perceptive of you to understand about the "little things", Mark. They can be SO important in various ways and in specific circumstances.

I'm actually intrigued how you expressed all of this, because I've never quite seen it like you wrote, so thanks for the insight - which is really spot on!

Have you ever noticed how the Apostle Paul effectively said to his people, 'whatever you see me do, you do!' How astonishing is THAT!! Philippians Ch 4:9 Practice what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, and model your way of living on it, and the God of peace (of untroubled, undisturbed well-being) will be with you.

Have you ever noticed how the Apostle Paul effectively said to his people, 'whatever you see me do, you do!' How astonishing is THAT!! Philippians Ch 4:9 Practice what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, and model your way of living on it, and the God of peace (of untroubled, undisturbed well-being) will be with you.

Now if the above does not speak volumes! Thank you so much! Model your way of living on it.. mighty mighty words!

Faithwoman:)

0christian13.jpg

ALERT ALERT ALERT!!!

Bondman is in serious shape and needs some serious prayer!
I know God has shown me the two of them jumping out of bed and doing the jitterbug. But if He is going to do it, it needs to be SOON!
Please pray for him, like you have never prayed before!

believe.jpg

I AM PRAYING AND BELIEVING THAT THE LORD WILL HEAL BONDMAN AND THE MRS.. WON'T YOU PLEASE JOIN ME IN PRAYER. WE NEED TO BE PRAYING CONTINOUSLY FOR THIS HEALING. GOD DOES ANSWER PRAYERS.
THE LORD HAS BLESSED US WITH BONDMAN'S MINISTRY. THE LORD IS WATCHING US TO SEE HOW WE WILL GIVE THANKS AND HOW WE RESPOND WHEN ONE BROTHER IS IN NEED..
PRAY.. PRAY..PRAY..

FAITHWOMAN

Bondman & Mrs, you are in my prayers, and
cooltext69847667.jpg

for He is the Great Physician. May He keep you both snug in His arms, give you both the peace of mind and the comforts from those things,
that have taken control of your lives.

As it is our place not to question God, we as Christians know well that there is a reason.

God will give you comfort, and help you through the rough times, and please remember that He tells us that He will never burden us with more than we can stand.

He says...For I am with you always, and when you are too tired to move onward, He will carry you.

TNPRAY.jpg
Wayne

How can we possibly say Thankyou to you wonderful people for your care and love and prayers? We've not had this in our lives for many many years! You are all so beautiful!! Special thanks for your PRAYERS!!!

I have maybe as many as 20 'extra' Messages the Lord's caused me to write since starting this thread - completely ready to post - but has not told me to put them up. I'll maybe be able to share some of these with you - as He gives me leave - while I'm just too ill to sit here and do the IR. The first is below.

- BM with his Lady

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #78

CHALLENGE!!! - Part 2

Continued from Message #68

We concluded Part 1 with this challenge:
IT'S TIME!! This is your CHALLENGE! Time for your commitment to GOD to become FIRST in your life, ahead of love of THINGS and COMFORT and CONFORMING to the world!
Why We Do This

That we lust after the things in the world should not be a surprise to any of us. Our sin nature is one of self-centeredness: living the way we want and doing what pleases us. It's 'natural' - and we're really very good at this, wouldn't you agree?

But verses we looked at in Part 1 show that we are to still be living in the world but NOT conforming to, or of the world. Being IN the world is dead easy - we already are!! To start to not be OF THE WORLD, now that's not so easy!! Yet, for most of us, it's probably not exactly our fault. I ask: who has brought forth to your mind the Scriptures we just looked at? You can trust me that this is NOT popular doctrine! They are NOT popular Scriptures! And they're not the only Scriptures either: this truth is STRONG and it's CLEAR in the New Testament:

James Ch 4
4 You [are like] unfaithful wives [having illicit love affairs with the world and breaking your marriage vow to God]! Do you not know that being the world's friend is being God's enemy? So whoever chooses to be a friend of the world takes his stand as an enemy of God.

You can't get it any clearer than that!!! So what to do? Putting off a sin, putting it out of our lives, can be as simple as a decision of the will. I said "simple", not (necessarily) "easy"! As a serious Believer in Christ and belonging to Him, you choose to be HIS friend, NOT a friend of the world, as in the verse above!!

What Do You Want?

I guess it depends what it is that you REALLY want. An easy and good time here on earth, and maybe miss heaven and end up in hell for eternity, OR a more difficult road here - then the JOY of being with the Lord in heaven for eternity! It's VERY easy to not see how fast death is approaching! You may not have even one more week. PLEASE DO GET READY FOR ETERNITY. Take the decision that sets you up for a life with Him!!

Ephesians Ch 4
22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

Wow, what powerful verses those are!

Put OFF, then Put ON

1. God through Paul says for us to PUT OFF THE OLD MAN OF SIN (our old sinful and selfish nature) and PUT ON THE NEW MAN. Did I say 'wow'! So here are two things for us to CHOOSE to do: one is negative, getting rid of BAD; the other is positive, putting on GOOD!

2. How? First: by BEING RENEWED IN THE SPIRIT OF YOUR MIND. Actually it's that 'present continuous tense' again that we've looked at before. So it's actually SAYING constantly be BEING renewed in your mind - i.e., getting it to a new and fresh and SPIRITUAL way of thinking! Does that work for you?

3. Verse 24 above says that the NEW MAN, THE NEW NATURE - and please do get this! - WAS CREATED ACCORDING TO (BEING LIKE) GOD IN TRUE RIGHTEOUSNESS AND HOLINESS. We've already discussed righteousness and holiness in 34 and 35, which we are to seriously seek after!

First Choose - then Trust God

Who will place these INTO us? GOD HIMSELF of course!! And so this NEW NATURE is LIKE GOD IN RIGHTEOUSNESS AND HOLINESS - and IS PART OF GOD'S AMAZING WORKMANSHIP IN US!!!

Ephesians Ch 2
10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

So once again, we are dependent on GOD'S WORK IN US so that we may become LIKE HE WANTS US TO BE.

But let's stand back and SUM THIS UP. If you just give something up, you leave a void, a 'hole; in your life. NOT the way to go! Rather, we need to give up the self-centered man, how? - BY PUTTING ON THE NEW SPIRITUAL MAN of righteousness and holiness.

So first WE CHOOSE to do this
Then we TRUST GOD to perform this in our lives, according to the Ephesians verse above! WE can't do it - but HE can!!

This is both a decision and an attitude of heart and life towards our Lord - which you can start, or modify, TODAY! It's my earnest prayer that you WILL!!!

- BM, with his Lady
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

COMMENTS, QUESTIONS WELCOME!

hspace1.gif

But let's stand back and SUM THIS UP. If you just give something up, you leave a void, a 'hole; in your life. NOT the way to go! Rather, we need to give up the self-centered man, how? - BY PUTTING ON THE NEW SPIRITUAL MAN of righteousness and holiness.

So first WE CHOOSE to do this

Then we TRUST GOD to perform this in our lives, according to the Ephesians verse above! WE can't do it - but HE can!!

This is both a decision and an attitude of heart and life towards our Lord - which you can start, or modify, TODAY! It's my earnest prayer that you WILL!!!

I will say that I had started, but I know mine personally still needs some modifying. I have personally seen the great works of the Lord. I must add that when I have prayed to the Lord to show me things, that I am sure he has.. however.. I do not believe I had allowed my heart, eyes and ears to be wide open.. why? because the fleshly side of me did not want to give up 100% total control to him..

I am enjoying my King James version of the bible. I read the whole book of James this morning and I read the annotations at the bottom of each page.. powerful, powerful stuff! I want to get an amplified version of the Word to now have that to relate to.

Praying you and the Mrs. are doing better.

Faithwoman

We are all spiritual beings. The thoughts and ways that we partake in that are not of God is where disease comes from.

Matthew 5:3

Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Being poor in spirit you are teachable. Willing to submit and change your ways of thinking.

Matthew 5

The Beatitudes

1Now when he saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, 2and he began to teach them saying:
3"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
4Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God.
10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,

11"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Taking in and forming yourself to have these attitudes will bring healing to you in so many ways. God knows how we're supposed to be. Disease is not from Him.

This is a summation of part of a book I have just finished reading:
Trees
We are to be trees for God. We take the dirt of our lives and mix it with the Light of Him, and it produces fruit. Just like apple trees or any other fruit tree.
The Cross is another tree. It took the dirt of our sin, mixed it the light of Who He Is, and His Sacrifice, and the fruit is salvation.

Powerful stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back