THE INNER ROOM - "Learn and Grow - to Maturity". Please read the 1st Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similarly, Robin seems to have a particular calling. I saw this very early, but didn't say anything to her as the Lord said not to. But after her recent post it's looking more and more like she may have the gift of an evangelist. The ease with which she speaks to others, and how it seems like THEY EVEN SOMETIMES SEEM TO SEEK HER OUT (without realising), are signs of something like an evangelistic gift. At the very lese certainly special abilities in this area.

Awesome post Bondman. IN my "chatting", I share how we are all designed and fabricated by him and how he gives us all gifts, just like I told the young woman who works in a home taking care of troubled girls, how the Lord has blessed her with her abilities to do this. Not all people could do her job, just as you have stated, not all have the gift of teaching others. That is why some are police officers, some are teachers, some are doctors etc.. I pray that people come to learn and understand what the Lord has given them and they use those talents to make this world a better place.

Faithwoman

Quit

As my doctor's appointment was coming to an end, I looked at him and said I really need to you give me the lecture. I need to hear it from you. I need to quit smoking.

He jumped up went out of room came back in with a prescription pad.
He then proceeded to tell me those things I already knew.

He took the time to talk to me. Did not rush my appointment. Told me all the little tips that I have heard so often. We talked about medicines and such that would help.

He then handed me a signed prescription. I looked at it. It was not for any medicine. On the script was the words, Quit Smoking. I looked at him and said Thank you! No one has ever done that for me. He said hang that up right in full view to look at each and every day.

I relate this to God's prescription for our life. He gives us his word. He takes the time for us. He does not rush us. God is jumping up at us all the time in little and big ways. Within his words are little and big hints to the right life. His life. Jesus also tell us to Quit.. How you ask? He says to Repent. Turn from the old ways and become new. Quit those habits and actions of life and become the healthy one that I created you to be.

God is our prescrpition for our addiction. Whatever that addiction may be, God is the prescription. As I thought this morning as having my coffee, ok Lord I have given you so many other things in my life and you have helped me through, let me now allow you to be my prescription for this struggle as well.

Ok.. enough rambling.. I just got to get to my job!

Faithwoman

God is our prescrpition for our addiction. Whatever that addiction may be, God is the prescription.
Faithwoman

I LOVE what the doctor did, hon!

Ultimately I've tended to see things like this in terms of our PERSONAL FREEDOM. Jesus makes us FREE with a capital F!!! So it's then quite contradictory to allow ourselves to be CONTROLLED by something - effectively making a great tear in the freedom for us that He paid such a horrendous price for.

As far as control is concerned I know only ONE control on this whole earth that:

(a) is truly GOOD (and good for me)
(b) really WORKS

i.e., letting the Lord Jesus control my life. Therein lies the incredible FREEDOM of heart and mind and spirit and life that I live these days. I'm NOT in any way saying that I'm perfect; just that these things I have most of the time. And that's quite fantastico!

At the end of the day it's a totally simple equation really:

Fail to give over to Him control of all of your life, and ultimately YOU lose - BIG TIME.

Get drastic, get desperate, get SERIOUS with Him, and let Him have ALL of you - and all that YOU GAIN is more than I can even express.

- BM

Ultimately I've tended to see things like this in terms of our PERSONAL FREEDOM. Jesus makes us FREE with a capital F!!! So it's then quite contradictory to allow ourselves to be CONTROLLED by something - effectively making a great tear in the freedom for us that He paid such a horrendous price for.

As far as control is concerned I know only ONE control on this whole earth that:

(a) is truly GOOD (and good for me)
(b) really WORKS

i.e., letting the Lord Jesus control my life. Therein lies the incredible FREEDOM of heart and mind and spirit and life that I live these days. I'm NOT in any way saying that I'm perfect; just that these things I have most of the time. And that's quite fantastico!

At the end of the day it's a totally simple equation really:

Fail to give over to Him control of all of your life, and ultimately YOU lose - BIG TIME.

Get drastic, get desperate, get SERIOUS with Him, and let Him have ALL of you - and all that YOU GAIN is more than I can even express.

Awesome post!.. The biggest responsibility of free will is to follow him, by following him, we find our true self.

When speaking with a new found friend last nite, he stated

REFUSE TO LOSE!

WOW.. 3 SIMPLE WORDS TO POST ON MY MIRROR THAT I WAKE UP TO..

Lord Jesus take the drivers wheel and control all.

You are so right.. we lose big time if we do not.. we may not see it right at that moment but in the end it is all there

Blessings!
Faithwoman

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #118

THE PROBLEM OF 'WEAK FAITH'

We all know that it's utterly essential to have FAITH in order to enter the Kingdom as a Believer in Christ. Next it takes faith to LIVE the Christian life that we just started. The Bible says that without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God! Hebrews Ch 11:6. Whoa, that's serious! Yet how often in our walk with Him have we found faith, well, difficult, and sometimes even worse than that. Here are 3 things to help grow and increase your personal faith quotient.

COULD OUR LIFESTYLE BE A PROBLEM?

Why is it that we can find faith to be SO HARD? I've already written how our lifestyle of THINGS (materialism) and 'WHAT I WANT' is hardly conducive to growing our faith! Another reason can be that we just don't understand how faith needs to work. Take the case of a Christian of many, many years, yet when it comes to him trusting God for serious matters in his life, his faith doesn't just falter, it seems to not be working at all! He needs to know where faith comes from. From within ourselves? NO WAY! IT COMES FROM THE LORD!! HE is the source. We can GRAB IT as He holds it out to us, to make it part of our lives! But consider: if you want MORE faith, can you somehow conjure it up within yourself and suddenly have 20% stronger faith? Of course not!!!

YOU CAN ASK FOR MORE FAITH

Faith is one of the 9 wonderful aspects of the FRUIT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. Maybe the Fruit of the Spirit is not very strong in you yet. It's OKAY to admit that your faith still isn't very strong. The man who had the son with a unclean spirit, said with tears: "Lord I believe; please help my unbelief." Mark Ch 9:24. A cry from deep in his heart! And I believe we can all relate to that! So what did he do? 1. He ADMITTED his lack of faith, then 2. He asked for HELP with his lack! Please do this!!! Faith is given. You want more faith? - then ask God for it, as part of the Fruit of the Spirit that IS IN YOU RIGHT NOW!!

DARE TO BELIEVE!

Faith is almost always stepping out into unknown territory. Which can be scary for some. But YOU NEED TO DO IT ANYWAY!!! Take the risk! Dare to believe! Why don't we just TRUST Him? He's GOD, He LOVES US madly, and to Him it's WONDERFUL when one of His kids comes to Him as their Father God and brings a request. He SERIOUSLY wants us to develop a RELATIONSHIP with Him! One of the great ways of doing this is trusting HIM for our NEEDS (that's "needs", NOT "wants"), bringing them before Him, asking Him to supply them in His time, and quietly BELIEVING and TRUSTING that He will!

And if you find yourself doubting that God can, or will do something - so long as it's NOT selfish in motivation or is OUTSIDE of His will, then GO FOR IT! DARE TO BELIEVE!! Ask Him to increase your faith. FOCUS on what you're asking Him for. Pray and pray, and pray some more. And never stop (unless He were to tell you to).

Our FAITH is one of the most important parts of our walk with Him. As you exercise it more and more, may your faith greatly increase - to His glory!

- BM, with his Lady
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY
FOR EVER AND EVER! AMEN!

hspace1.gif

G'day Bondman and his lovely lady
Ever since I've been coming to CFS, each night I've been reading through each of your threads, and they have greatly encouraged me, made me think, and even weep. All good of course...a healing of some areas happening...once again...thank you for your threads...please do continue with them.
May the Lord God bless you both greatly, as you continue in your ministry for Him.
Your sis in Christ Jesus
Autumn_angel65

Hey ya'll! Good posting! SweetSurrender and Faithwoman are growing so much! It is awesome to see the power of God working in their lives! Keep it up!
loveshower.gif

Bondman, great posts, as usual! I especially like the part about "gossiping the gospel"! Ha!
hifive.gif
I like that! And I agree with you about every body having their own giftings and callings, and not to be distressed if yours is not like someone elses. Also, I would add "dont be down that you dont know what yours is yet, keep seeking the Lord, and it will be revealed to you in time. HIS time!"
Faithwoman, I confirm what Bondman said about your calling. You have shown hints of evangelist all along!
runamok.gif

G'day Bondman and his lovely lady
Ever since I've been coming to CFS, each night I've been reading through each of your threads, and they have greatly encouraged me, made me think, and even weep. All good of course...a healing of some areas happening...once again...thank you for your threads...please do continue with them.
May the Lord God bless you both greatly, as you continue in your ministry for Him.
Your sis in Christ Jesus
Autumn_angel65

G'day, dear Kiwi Sister!

I'm so thrilled that you're reading through posts. I am DETERMINED to get them all onto our website, one after another, WITH A SEARCH ENGINE as well, but it's quite a job to do this...

We all need to be encouraged, don't we, and to be challenged to think, but I never mean to cause anyone to weep! Mind you Jesus wept, and I do too, so I guess it's okay.

May He guide you, reveal Himself to you, show you His path for you, and bless you with every Spiritual blessing!

Much love!

- BM

Hey ya'll! Good posting! SweetSurrender and Faithwoman are growing so much! It is awesome to see the power of God working in their lives! Keep it up!
loveshower.gif

Bondman, great posts, as usual! I especially like the part about "gossiping the gospel"! Ha!
hifive.gif
I like that! And I agree with you about every body having their own giftings and callings, and not to be distressed if yours is not like someone elses. Also, I would add "dont be down that you dont know what yours is yet, keep seeking the Lord, and it will be revealed to you in time. HIS time!"

Faithwoman, I confirm what Bondman said about your calling. You have shown hints of evangelist all along!
runamok.gif

Amen!! God is so awesome when He's changing lives!

Good point about seeking for your calling, but not getting down if it's not yet plain. Just keep seeking!! Everything for the Christian is in God's time (not ours).

Have a good day in Jesus y'all (hehe - couldn't resist that, Fluf!)

Well I got my Power Chair one week ago. And God's timing was perfect!! (as always!) My energy reserves took another dive right at that time - which would have stopped me using crutches to get round the house. Beloved's energy level these days is also down so far that she would NOT have been able to wheel me in my normal wheelchair – so we would have been in BIG trouble but for the chair!

I've threatened to call it Gertrude (or Gertie)!! However I've been informed that this is, well, shall we say "not acceptable" – however we'll just have to see, won't we! Various other names have been suggested: my Chariot, my Horse (but that's what we call our 30 yr old car, so can't use that) the Enterprise, Puddle-Jumper, Weapon of Mass Destruction... No prizes for guessing who suggested THAT one!

It's about the most compact Power Chair available on the Aussie market, is only 22" wide and turns in it's own length, i.e., you can do a donut to turn round. Here's me doing one in our kitchen! 'Tis so easy...

donut.jpg

And "rocketing" down the hallway, speed at least 1mph (or maybe it was 1.5mph)!! I haven't annihilated any door-jambs yet - OR run over Beloved's toes yet (it's really HEAVY!!) But I'm workin' on it!!...

powerchair.jpg

See ya around! ('around', get it...)

- BM

Time's running out, so I'm posting a couple of Messages close together. Hope that's okay! Making an announcement tomorrow I expect.

- BM

ir-heading.gif

MESSAGE #119

THREE 'SECRETS' TO SERIOUS AND PRACTICAL CHRISTIAN LIVING

These 3 "SECRETS" took me so long to discover: I tried for so many years to get a handle on what exactly is the ESSENCE of the Christian life. I needed to be able to have that clearly in my mind. Every time I found something, and tried to live it, eventually it would fail. I just couldn't seem to get the BASICS so I could live them! - which was incredibly frustrating!! In the end I decided there was no such "secrets"... But here they are in their incredible simplicity – and I most solemnly assure you THAT THEY WORK!

Remember the chorus of the old hymn that says: Trust and obey, For there's no other way, To be happy in Jesus, But to trust and obey! (You may be able to hear it here). THAT'S THE FIRST TWO: you MUST have FAITH and you MUST OBEY God!!! Without both of these you are going NOWHERE!

1. OBEYING THE LORD

To me being OBEDIENT to my Lord is perfectly easy to understand: it simply means DOING WHAT HE SAYS!!! Now you cannot start doing that the very moment you're saved – but YOU CAN START WANTING TO DO IT the very moment you're saved!! And you should have!! So are you there? I sure DO hope so!!

2. FAITHTRUSTING AND BELIEVING IN THE LORD

The word BELIEVING in the Greek, as the Amplified Bible spells out in Romans Chapter 10 below, means believing in your heart in Jesus - which means joining yourself to Jesus, relying on Him, being in HIS party. Believing is VERY SERIOUS!!! Believing is not passive, BELIEVING in Jesus means ACTION!! You and He are joined. You belong to Him. You speak up for Him. You want to totally OBEY Him!! Let's now look at the power and truth of these two verses God wrote through Paul:

Romans Ch 10:9 Because if you acknowledge and confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and in your heart believe (adhere to, trust in, and rely on the truth) that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart a person believes (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Christ) and so is justified (declared righteous, acceptable to God), and with the mouth he confesses (declares openly and speaks out freely his faith) and confirms [his] salvation.

3. TAKING JESUS AS YOUR LORD

That's the THIRD of these 3 "secrets", and I've spoken about it many, many times: you must let Jesus be LORD in ALL of your life, giving ALL of you to HIM, living TOTALLY for Him!! Anything less than that is NOT true New Testament Christianity!! That's what it's all about!! Verse 9 above says that you must ACKNOWLEDGE WITH YOUR LIPS plus CONFESS WITH YOUR LIPS THAT JESUS IS LORD!! So LORDSHIP IS VERY SERIOUS TOO!!! It's living a new kind of life where Jesus is King. It's not just going to church, reading the Bible, praying, or any of these things, it's NOTHING LESS THAN GIVING CONTROL OF THE WHOLE OF YOUR LIFE OVER TO JESUS!!!

With all my love and earnest wish that this will be your life forever and ever! Amen.

- BM, with his Lady
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY
FOR EVER AND EVER! AMEN!

hspace1.gif

time's running out, so i'm posting a couple of messages close together. Hope that's okay! Making an announcement tomorrow i expect.

- bm

oh man oh man.. Lord prepare us all......hmmmm well he has been preparing us through you bondman..
I am going away tomorrow so i may not get the news until monday.. Iiyyyiyyyiyyy...hmmm

cool powerchair! That is just awesome! Praise the lord for his continued blessings.

Faithwoman

ir-heading.gif

MESSAGE #120

BONDMAN'S SUMMARY OF 120 MESSAGES

In the previous Message I spelt out three BASICS if you are ever to hope to live a true Christian life.

Then The Inner Room in it's TOTALITY here has been a place where I've sought to write Messages that set forth to the best of my ability WHAT THE NEW TESTAMENT TEACHES, in order for you to be able to live and walk in the Lord as fully Christian men and women. My whole belief system is wholly New Testament as to how we must live and what we must believe, along with the Old Testament making up the WHOLE of God's astonishing revelation of Himself to us here on earth.

It's all been written from the perspective of practical Christianity that I'm living, not a theoretical account of the Bible. That is, I've written what I've tested out over 50 years as a Believer, and therefore what I've found that WORKS! A few Messages have been of further practical matters that I've learnt in my 70 years.

HOW MUCH DID YOU ACTUALLY LEARN?

Most folks here will have read some or even many of the Messages. You took from each one maybe ONE thing to remember - and even to start to live! As a trained teacher I'm totally aware that we really can't take in much at a first reading! Yet here's what's rather TRAGIC: what we seem to all do is that once we've read something, and gleaned what we 'want' from it, we find it too boring to ever read it again! And that's a shame. After we're read something 3 or 4 times we may have 'got' what it's about. Certainly not just ONCE!

In the 120 Messages I've written:

1. BASICS of the Christian lifewhat the NT calls MILK
2. Many Messages to challenge you to move onto more MEATY matters.
3. What the NT calls straight out MEAT, that the full-grown Christian needs to know and to live.

This has been for you to do what The Inner Room was also about: TO LEARN AND TO GROW TO MATURITY! Do you have any idea how FEW Believers ever become Mature in Christ? Many Pastors aren't full-grown in Christ, so how can they help you to get there? I've learnt all I have direct from the New Testament because I never in 50+ years had a Mature Pastor or Teacher to learn from!!

YOU CAN BECOME A MATURE AND FULL-GROWN CHRISTIAN!
I am pretty confident

that in the WHOLE of my Messages here
there's ENOUGH for you to ultimately
GROW TO MATURITY in the Lord Jesus Christ.
And, Dear Ones,
YOUR AIM SHOULD BE NOTHING LESS!!!
else most of my work here has been in vain!!!

God bless you all, both now and always, with every Spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour!!!

- BM and his Lady
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY
FOR EVER AND EVER! AMEN!

hspace1.gif

NOTICE!

SADLY, I HAVE TO
TEMPORARILY CLOSE THE INNER ROOM!

A VERY hard decision we've had to make after much consideration and prayer. With my current health level, coping with the IR as it's set up is now impossible. A great sadness for me...

GUIDELINES:

1. It's NOT CLOSED - only a Mod can close a thread.

2. TEMPORARY CLOSURE allows me to do an individual post at any time, and to return if things change. One never knows what God is likely to do!!

3. I do hope - and expect - to complete my PROMISE of putting all 120 Messages on our website - one after another for ease of reading, and best of all WITH A SEARCH ENGINE!! It's also likely I will ADD NEW MESSAGES THERE. I will NOTIFY you here when this task is completed - so please watch out for this!

4. If you currently receive emails every time someone has put up a post here, then should I do a special post, or return, YOU'LL GET AN EMAIL NOTIFYING YOU OF THIS! (If you're NOT getting emails in this way, please ask Fluffy or a Mod for how to get them).

5. It would be unfair (and unkind) of me to block off all further posts as of now. So... it's okay to post for a day or two if you want. HOWEVER, AFTER THAT TIME NO POSTING PLEASE, BECAUSE THE THREAD DOES NEED TO GO INACTIVE. Thankyou!!

6. I must give sincere thanks to a few members of the IR. Without their amazingly FAITHFUL POSTING these many months The Inner Room quite LITERALLY could NEVER have been USED OF GOD into people's lives like it has been (it's my belief that those names I write below have no idea that the above is true!)

And yes, I do know that it's dangerous to mention names - but I trust I'll be forgiven if I miss someone.
A very personal and sincere THANKYOU to Faithwoman, SweetSurrender, Fluffy, Mark, forgivenWretch, and others for all of your posts, support, love and encouragement. Also to God's_Child for her encouragement, and Boanerges. I'm sure there are others. I love you all and appreciate all your prayers - please don't stop!
7. Finally, thankyou all, for being SO understanding of my and our serious health situations. You've truly been quite amazing!!

• If you wish to continue to PRAY to God for a speedy MIRACLE HEALING OF US BOTH, as I believe He promised me some years ago (I still have MAJOR visions I want to pursue), then of course I shall tell you of such HEALING here (you'll hear the loud HALLELUJAH from Aussie-land first tho!!!) - and you'll be able to share in the blessings and glorying we give to the Lord!

• If you'd like to be part of our PRAYER TEAM and receive updates about our health from time to time, just PM me.
Joy and peace and love from us both, to each and every one of you!!

- Bondman with Bondman's Lady

us-mushy.jpg

Sharing a Birthday glass of non-alcoholic wine

Wow, where to start. I truly understand, Bondman, the necessity for this having to be put on hold. So many of us suffer with chronic pain and other sickness, which can be debilitating, and it is quite understood the reasoning behind your decisions.

Bondman, you have been a great blessing for me and I feel I can speak for the rest also. You sir are one very special gentleman, and we all care for you deeply.

I love you brother and I pray that God will intervene and allow for the healing. May He take both of you in His arms, hold you tightly and give you the healing for all of your physical problems.

YBIC,

Wayne (forgivenWretch)

A very special blessing

Oh Bondman, I sit here with tears streaming down my face. I am so thankful for all you have done, for your hard work of giving of God's work and being a teacher to those who seek him and their life.

You have no idea of how your teaching has affected my life. I had Jesus in me when I came to the IR, but I did not know Jesus until after taking your messages and starting to apply them to my life.

These past few days, I have walked around in a stoop, could not concentrate, just wondering where the Lord is taking me. I know by continuing to believe in him and trust him that he will show me.

I remember all the PM's and emails,, ones that you so graciously took of your time to answer. I remember how you never judged me. I remember how when God nudged you to be firm with me . you were. and I thank you for that.

As I go through the pain of grief and healing of my most recent relationship of 2 years ending, I remember your words of how the Lord will be my comforter. I remember how you have taught me that we even as Christians will have suffering and persecution.

As I read your post, I first panicked. Every day I came here seeking to find my way and you and God's words were here to guide me. I thank you for that. As you closed your post with a beautiful pic of you and the Mrs. I prayed for that miraculous healing he can bring. He has given you so much. Just as he gave us his son Jesus, he gave us his son Bondman to teach and guide us. Praises to you Lord!

Please know in your heart as you sit on his lap one day, he truly will be saying. Well done my faithful servant. I do not know what God's plan is for me or you or anyone else, but I do know this.. one day we will all be together and will be able to share in such a glorious place where this no pain, no confusion.

I love you from the bottom of my heart! I have printed out some of the messages along the way, but I truly want to be able to do that with all of them. As you continue your journey, I wish you and the Mrs. the very best!

God Bless!
Faithwoman

smilies_dance.gif

Some people may say its denial, but I dont think so. As I was reading Bondman's post, I got the feeling that this was only temporary.
Bondman, your healing IS coming! I know it, I know it, I know it!
One way or another, you and the missus are going to be restored to better than new!
In the meantime, know that we will continue to pray for you, and miss you like crazy! You have been a good friend to all of us here, and look forward to see your smiling face doing the jitterbug!

smilies_dance.gif

PS - How about calling your power chair "The Cadillac"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back