THE INNER ROOM - "Learn and Grow - to Maturity". Please read the 1st Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is for Sweets:

Hun, I never intended the Earthen Vessels thread to be one of condemnation. And it grieves me that it has made anyone feel that way. Its only for those that God convicts of smoking. If He hasnt told you to quit, then by all means, dont feel guilty about it!
If God has told someone to quit and they are struggling with it, I wanted to have a place where they can get encouragement.

When we are saved, there is a lot of "cleaning" up that needs to be done. But its not always done instantaneously. For most people (like me!) its a process that takes time. And one thing at a time! For me, I had to learn to be honest, even when its scary. Then to pay attention to people and not be in my own little world all the time. But while I was learning to be honest, I was still in my own little world and He didnt say anything about it. Or about anything else that needed to be changed. Only later, like about 2 years, did God ask me to quit smoking. Please note: He ASKED!

The wonderful thing about God is, you really dont have to stress out over stuff. If He wants to change something in you, then rest in Him and let Him do all the work! Just be open to His leading and be willing to be obedient, even when its hard or a little scary. Because He wants the best for you and would never lead you down the wrong path.

I have found that the problem with alot of religious organizations is legalism. You have to conform to what their ideal is in order to be accepted. But like Bondman has repeatedly said "There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus"! We are accepted just the way we are, warts and all!
There may be some things that we WANT to do, to please God, not man. But to be forced to conform to their rules because it is what THEY do and not what GOD has said...well that puts burdens on people that shouldnt be!

Blessings!
Fluffy

Oh, Fluff! You didn't put condemnation on me. I'm sorry if it came out that way. It was just the least of my worries at the time and I surely didn't think it was a sin, or that you thought so. I had just come out of a legalistic church and they are the ones who put condemnation on me. And, I did quit through their program. But when I realized they wereall false, I shoved everything I was taught out the back door, (or tried to) and went on with my life. I don't know why the drinking thing bothered me and not the smoking until Robin came up with it and then your thread.

It didn't offend me at all. Just made me wonder about it. I didn't want to tell anyone about it, though, because the one thing your thread did was make me realize others on CFS might . . . I don't know, think differently about me or something. Like it was an appearance of evil or something. I just didn't want to disappoint anyone, so I kept it to myself.

It's ok, Fluff, don't feel bad or anything. Sometimes I just don't think and come out with things like that which are just off the cuff. No worries, ok? Hugz, Bonnie

This is for Sweets:

Hun, I never intended the Earthen Vessels thread to be one of condemnation. And it grieves me that it has made anyone feel that way. Its only for those that God convicts of smoking. If He hasnt told you to quit, then by all means, dont feel guilty about it!
If God has told someone to quit and they are struggling with it, I wanted to have a place where they can get encouragement.

When we are saved, there is a lot of "cleaning" up that needs to be done. But its not always done instantaneously. For most people (like me!) its a process that takes time. And one thing at a time! For me, I had to learn to be honest, even when its scary. Then to pay attention to people and not be in my own little world all the time. But while I was learning to be honest, I was still in my own little world and He didnt say anything about it. Or about anything else that needed to be changed. Only later, like about 2 years, did God ask me to quit smoking. Please note: He ASKED!

The wonderful thing about God is, you really dont have to stress out over stuff. If He wants to change something in you, then rest in Him and let Him do all the work! Just be open to His leading and be willing to be obedient, even when its hard or a little scary. Because He wants the best for you and would never lead you down the wrong path.

I have found that the problem with alot of religious organizations is legalism. You have to conform to what their ideal is in order to be accepted. But like Bondman has repeatedly said "There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus"! We are accepted just the way we are, warts and all!
There may be some things that we WANT to do, to please God, not man. But to be forced to conform to their rules because it is what THEY do and not what GOD has said...well that puts burdens on people that shouldnt be!

Blessings!
Fluffy

I don't know what the background for this was, but I 'second (and third!) the motion' of everything my dear friend Fluffy said!!

As true Christian people, to me it's VERY interesting that the DEVIL will try and condemn us. And PEOPLE will try and condemn us - YET GOD HIMSELF NEVER WILL!!!

As for having to conform to RULES put upon us by (otherwise well-meaning) churches, people, ministers, etc., I HAVE CONFORMED TOO, IN THE PAST. But not any more!! This is EXACTLY one of the POWERFUL reasons for doing NOTHING in our lives that is not CLEARLY there in the New Testament:- OUR SOLE, OUR ONLY RULE OF CONDUCT!!!

If it looks like I harp on this, over and over - then that's WHY...

Love you Sweets, love you Fluffy! - goodness, I LOVE EVERYONE!!! (hehe!) - can't help meself!**

- BM

** But only cos HE gives me the ability to, praise His blessed Name!!

Oh, Fluff! You didn't put condemnation on me. I'm sorry if it came out that way. It was just the least of my worries at the time and I surely didn't think it was a sin, or that you thought so. I had just come out of a legalistic church and they are the ones who put condemnation on me. And, I did quit through their program. But when I realized they wereall false, I shoved everything I was taught out the back door, (or tried to) and went on with my life. I don't know why the drinking thing bothered me and not the smoking until Robin came up with it and then your thread.

It didn't offend me at all. Just made me wonder about it. I didn't want to tell anyone about it, though, because the one thing your thread did was make me realize others on CFS might . . . I don't know, think differently about me or something. Like it was an appearance of evil or something. I just didn't want to disappoint anyone, so I kept it to myself.

It's ok, Fluff, don't feel bad or anything. Sometimes I just don't think and come out with things like that which are just off the cuff. No worries, ok? Hugz, Bonnie

Sounds like all is 'sorted'. Praise You Lord!

This isn't in reply to anyone in particular, by the way...

Putting aside man or Satan condemning us wrongly, too many times we are convicted and go into denial, and start justifying things. We're not honest with ourselves, often times we think we are when we're not reasonable at all.

What we refuse to do for Jesus is just sad. Perhaps some of us need to be shown more about what was in the cup the Father poured out on Jesus on the cross, and who it is we sin against.

I heard a pastor talk about how in the Spirit one time in the chruch he repeatedly yelled out "CHANGE! CHANGE! CHANGE!" over and over. One man came up to him some time later, angry at him, because since then he couldn't come to that church without feeling pressure to change.

Then CHANGE! :D

Not by strength or by might, but by His Spirit we grow from glory to glory to glory...

Point being we need to know God's voice and when we really do need to smarten up, be honest with our thoughts and reasoning, and do whatever it takes to stop sinning against the LORD any way we can help it.

But no it's not a pressure and condemnation, drive yourself mad - kind of thing. It's a humbly surrender to the Holy Spirit, be sensetive to the LORD, Pray to Him, trust Him, and rest in Him - kind of thing.

You will come to great things by honest worship in spirit and in truth.

Lately it seams God made it so that I can't figure out a single thing with my brain, I have to worship Him sincerely, then somehow all the answers come without effort. IT'S AWESOME! :D

Then I'm taken away where the world is no longer built of and filled with physical things, but it's a city built with and filled with God's promises. The most amazing, peaceful, exciting, joyous place to be. It's like the nature of God and His promises come together and form an actual place. I believe the idea is to really be there, even though it looks like we're here. :D

This isn't in reply to anyone in particular, by the way...

Putting aside man or Satan condemning us wrongly, too many times we are convicted and go into denial, and start justifying things. We're not honest with ourselves, often times we think we are when we're not reasonable at all.

What we refuse to do for Jesus is just sad. Perhaps some of us need to be shown more about what was in the cup the Father poured out on Jesus on the cross, and who it is we sin against.

I heard a pastor talk about how in the Spirit one time in the chruch he repeatedly yelled out "CHANGE! CHANGE! CHANGE!" over and over. One man came up to him some time later, angry at him, because since then he couldn't come to that church without feeling pressure to change.

Then CHANGE! :D

Not by strength or by might, but by His Spirit we grow from glory to glory to glory...

Point being we need to know God's voice and when we really do need to smarten up, be honest with our thoughts and reasoning, and do whatever it takes to stop sinning against the LORD any way we can help it.

But no it's not a pressure and condemnation, drive yourself mad - kind of thing. It's a humbly surrender to the Holy Spirit, be sensetive to the LORD, Pray to Him, trust Him, and rest in Him - kind of thing.

You will come to great things by honest worship in spirit and in truth.

Lately it seams God made it so that I can't figure out a single thing with my brain, I have to worship Him sincerely, then somehow all the answers come without effort. IT'S AWESOME! :D

Then I'm taken away where the world is no longer built of and filled with physical things, but it's a city built with and filled with God's promises. The most amazing, peaceful, exciting, joyous place to be. It's like the nature of God and His promises come together and form an actual place. I believe the idea is to really be there, even though it looks like we're here. :D

Hey Mark, long time no see! Great to hear from you again.

Great post, man!! Thankyou for sharing! Earth ISN'T our home for sure. We are to live here but NOT be of the earth - but rather increasingly spiritual beings STILL HERE until He calls us to be with Him forever!

Love n blessings!

- BM

OH, look! Its snowing! :}
Thank you, Sweets. But I am still thinking about shutting down Earthen Vessels. But for other reasons. I just dont have time, and it hasnt been posted on in months. Maybe it just wasnt its time.
Love ya'll! :}

I thought my eyes were going bad at first! The snow fooled me! We have real snow here. Home safe and sound from my trip! had a super time!

hugs
Faithwoman

Thanksgiving

Hi all! Great posts while I was gone. On the day before Thanksgiving I had one of my poems published on another site and I am posting it here per Bondman's request. Some of you may have seen it. Enjoy!

Thanksgiving

How can I ever thank you
How can I ever repay you
You sacrificed your son
For me and all

The day he hung on that cross
With his head hanging down
And nails being pounded into
His hands and feet
His life was given for us to show
That there is no defeat

When we all get stressed
And feeling low
We just need to look up
For there is hope
For there is a future
Within our grasp
Which all comes with faith and trust

Your word is the truth
Your word is the way
I am thankful for your son
Every day

With trusting in you
With all my heart
You have given my life
A brand new start

The things I am thankful for
Is such a long list
You know and see them all

My sins have been forgiven
My slate has been wiped clean
I am forever grateful
In realizing that you are the judge of all

No one can condemn me
Your son has taken away
All the hurts and pains
Of yesterday

I cannot live nor survive
In this crazy dark world alone
I can do all things
Through your son
Who strengthens me

Praises and honor
And blessings to him
He is why
I am on my knees
Giving thanks every morning
For the life
That I have been given to live

Faithwoman:)

OH, look! Its snowing! :}
Thank you, Sweets. But I am still thinking about shutting down Earthen Vessels. But for other reasons. I just dont have time, and it hasnt been posted on in months. Maybe it just wasnt its time.
Love ya'll! :}

I know you're berry busy Fluf *smile*, but hope you won't give up on this thread/topic. I believe it has a role to play that in some lives is very important.

I just did a quick rundown of activity on it. Firstly, there have been posts every month since August. Nextly, *I think I just made that word up, haha!* the way to gauge the 'success' or otherwise of a thread is to check its statistics, i.e., Replies and Views on http://www.christianforumsite.com/clubs-ministries/

A broad rule of thumb on all the Christian forums I've been on is that if views is 10 times the number of replies, then the thread is doing really well indeed!! (obviously this varies according to what the sub-forum is about that the thread is in - where many threads may fall below the 'magic' 10.)

CFS is a somewhat unusual forum compared to all the Christian and secular forums I've been on, in that there is a lot of activity as to 'views' here, i.e., many people just come to READ but not POST. Therefore you cannot gauge 'interest' in a thread by the number OR frequency of posts.

As of today Earthen Vessels has had 1,071 posts/replies. and 14,823 views, so Views is way over 10 times replies: therefore, to me, a very 'SUCCESSFUL' thread!! Just by way of comparison The Inner Room is also over the magic 10 with 1,548 replies and 22,886 views - actually about the same ratio as Earthern Vessels!!

During the couple of months when the IR was closed - so no activity and to all intents and purposes the thread was FINISHED, the number of daily views to the IR reduced from an average of between 80-100 per day previously to a continuing average of 50 per day!! When I discovered this I was plumb ASTONISHED!! I was not writing Messages, people were not replying to Messages, the thread was closed and "dead" - yet an average of 50 people a day were still coming and reading!!!!! WOW!! (And now that we're back in business, the recent average has gone over the 100 per day with one day over 200! "Thankyou, Lord Jesus!!!)

MAN, I LOVE CFS - AND THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE ON CFS!!!

Hope that may help a bit, hon!

- BM

Hi all! Great posts while I was gone. On the day before Thanksgiving I had one of my poems published on another site and I am posting it here per Bondman's request. Some of you may have seen it. Enjoy!

Thanksgiving

How can I ever thank you
How can I ever repay you
You sacrificed your son
For me and all

The day he hung on that cross
With his head hanging down
And nails being pounded into
His hands and feet
His life was given for us to show
That there is no defeat

When we all get stressed
And feeling low
We just need to look up
For there is hope
For there is a future
Within our grasp
Which all comes with faith and trust

Your word is the truth
Your word is the way
I am thankful for your son
Every day

With trusting in you
With all my heart
You have given my life
A brand new start

The things I am thankful for
Is such a long list
You know and see them all

My sins have been forgiven
My slate has been wiped clean
I am forever grateful
In realizing that you are the judge of all

No one can condemn me
Your son has taken away
All the hurts and pains
Of yesterday

I cannot live nor survive
In this crazy dark world alone
I can do all things
Through your son
Who strengthens me

Praises and honor
And blessings to him
He is why
I am on my knees
Giving thanks every morning
For the life
That I have been given to live

Faithwoman:)

Lovely poem! Congratulations, hon!!

- BM

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #145

"SECRETS" OF LIVING AS A TRUE NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIAN - Part 1

I've written about this before, but it's time for an update! Here are the FIRST TWO.

They are not "Secrets" at all of course - but may as well have been, because for much of my 51 years as a Christian Believer no matter how hard I tried, I simply could NOT get a handle on what are the BASICS, the ESSENTIALS, of living as a real Christian. Every time I thought, "Ahah! Got it at last!" and would try to LIVE that way, but far too soon it would be obvious I still had NOT "got it" at all!! Talk about frustrating!!

But 'seek, and keep on seeking, and you WILL find,' as Jesus said in Matthew Ch 7:7, so the day finally dawned when I had a proper "grasp" of NT Christianity - and with it came the SURE 'FOUNDATION' to my Christian life that I'd longed for for so, so long!!

Goodness, how many times had I sung this wonderful old hymn:
"Trust and obey,
For there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus
But to trust and obey."
So TRUST and OBEDIENCE are the FIRST two "Secrets"!! Trust, faith, and believing pretty-much mean the same thing in the New Testament. And are obviously rather BASIC - yet an absolute ESSENTIAL of course. And we truly all simply MUST understand that the DEMONS believe in Jesus, and tremble! James 2:19b. But are THEY gonna be in HEAVEN with us? NO WAY HOSAY!!! So what's this about? It's actually simple: believing in Jesus means fully and seriously GIVING ALL OF YOURSELF to Him!!! NOT JUST A HEAD BELIEF: "Sure, I believe you can carry me safely across the flooded creek!" "Okay then, COME AND GET ONTO MY BACK!!" Ahh, NOW I'm BELIEVING!! - I've given myself into your keeping, trusting you, fully committing my life into your hands. Can you see this IMPORTANT and POWERFUL difference??

There are people in our churches who have only a head belief, enough to quite convince themselves they're Christians ("Don't be silly, of course I believe in Jesus!") and believing they'll go to heaven. But very, very sadly they are just like the demons - and will likely end up in the same place as them!!! I beg of you, PLEASE don't let that happen to you!! (If you've had only a 'head belief' for a LONG TIME, then to get to REAL trust may be quite hard, so do please ask for help if you need it).

Obeying/Obedience is not an easy thing for Western Christians, not at all. But DO it and your life will change astonishingly!! Obedience to God means nothing less than DOING EVERY SINGLE THING HE COMMANDS YOU TO DO. You can't really "part" obey - it is an "all or nothing" choice, and that can be MIGHTY TOUGH to do. It's first of all A DECISION OF THE WILL: "Lord, I CHOOSE to obey You, and WILL obey You in all things!" Then ask the Lord to give you help.. and help.. and even more help.. from His Spirit, to enable you to ACTUALLY DO IT!!

'Obedience COMMANDS' are all the way through the NT!! But most people never SEE them! For example, James Ch 4:7 starts with "Submit yourselves therefore to God." Huh? Is that REALLY a COMMAND? Well in this Scripture the Lord is saying to us: "SUBMIT YOURSELF TO GOD" If that's not a command then I'm a dutchman (and trust me I'm a dinkum Aussie through and through! *ha!*) So I have to SUBMIT???..... Oh, I think I get it: I have to GIVE IN to God ALWAYS, and SUBMIT to HIS WILL at all times!!! Right on, Brother/Sister!!

Okay, I think that's a reasonable start on the "Secrets"! Two more next time.

Continued in Part 2...

- BM, with his Lady
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

MAY HE GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH
AND GROW YOU TO MATURITY!

hspace1.gif

Loved it, bro! It was interesting what you said about Obedience Commands. I wonder, are the 10 Commandments . . . well, why are they called the 10 Commandments? Did someone just start calling them that, or what? I think it was you who said there were more than the ten. If so, has anyone listed all of them? Like the one above you said was a command: "Submit yourselves to God." If that's a command, then is it as important as the ten commandments? And, of course all the original commandments that Moses brought down from the mountain are still good for today, but what happened to all the rest, if there are more? Are they just scattered about the New Testiment? I think I'll post this on the main site and see how many people can come up with. Thanx, BM!

ir-heading.gif

PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #146

SORTING OUT GOD'S COMMANDS in the OLD TESTAMENT and NEW TESTAMENT

Loved it, bro! It was interesting what you said about Obedience Commands. I wonder, are the 10 Commandments . . . well, why are they called the 10 Commandments? Did someone just start calling them that, or what? I think it was you who said there were more than the ten. If so, has anyone listed all of them? Like the one above you said was a command: "Submit yourselves to God." If that's a command, then is it as important as the ten commandments? And, of course all the original commandments that Moses brought down from the mountain are still good for today, but what happened to all the rest, if there are more? Are they just scattered about the New Testiment? I think I'll post this on the main site and see how many people can come up with. Thanx, BM!

Seeing you're confused about this, I'll do a SUMMARY here of things I've written before, along with some new things:

1. There's a vast difference between the Old Testament and the New Testament. The OT is a record of God's dealings with His Own special People: variously called the Children of Israel, the Hebrews, the Jews, and today the Israelis. The NT records the coming of Jesus, the Messiah Who started His church on earth, this time not consisting of just one people (the Jews, as above) but THE WHOLE WORLD!!

2. Thus today we live under the New Testament - NOT the Old Testament. So it's the NT that is OUR GUIDE to all that we believe (DOCTRINE) and how we should live (PRACTICE). If you read through Galatians first (and Romans as well) you will learn quickly and with ABSOLUTE CLARITY, that we are no longer under the LAW, meaning the whole of the laws of the Old Testament, but instead we are under GOD'S GRACE - i.e., His undeserved LOVE and FAVOUR towards us!!

From John the Baptist in the Gospels: John Ch 1:17 For the LAW was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ; through to Roman Ch 6:14b For you are NOT under the LAW, but under GRACE; to Galatians Ch 2:21b For if righteousness is gained by the LAW, then CHRIST HAS DIES IN VAIN (wow, I think that's strong enough for us, don't you); and in many other books of the New Testament it is SPELT OUT that we are NOT UNDER OT LAW.

3. Here then are some of the effects of this MASSIVE CHANGE, that so many are quite unaware of today:

(a) Firstly, we are UNDER NO, repeat NO, LAWS OF THE OLD TESTAMENT. This INCLUDES THE TEN COMMANDMENTS as such, that God gave to Moses. HOWEVER, please note carefully that 9 of these 10 Commandments have come through as commands for us IN THE NEW TESTAMENT - the one left out is the one about keeping the Sabbath (Friday sundown to Saturday sundown). Sabbath-keeping is FINISHED because it is NOT in the NT (I personally can't see any problem with anyone keeping the OT Sabbath - so long as it is NOT part of trying to keep OT LAW, which the New Testament specifically says WE MUST NOT DO!!)

(b) Secondly, Jesus SPECIFICALLY summarised the Ten Commadments if you like, into just TWO COMMANDS - basically LOVE GOD and LOVE ALL PEOPLE: Mark Ch 12:29-31. 29 Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one. 30 And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. 31 And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

(c) To be honest about it, for anyone keeping these two commands of our God to us, His people, you'd think they would not really need any others. But maybe not, as here's the truth of it: there are HUNDREDS of other commands to us right through the New Testament! (calculated at 1,050 total!!)

But now's the time that we come to THE most important part of this Message!!!

Completed in the next post...

... Completed from the previous post

4. It is JUST SO INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT that I set down here what is MEANT by God writing all of these New Testament COMMANDS!

(a) First, in the OLD TESTAMENT were MANY MANY COMMANDS from God with EXTREME AND DIRE CONSEQUENCES IF YOU DISOBEYED THEM. Here's a purely random example: Leviticus Ch 24:16 And whoever blasphemes the name of the LORD shall surely be put to death. All the congregation shall certainly stone him, the stranger as well as him who is born in the land. When he blasphemes the name of the LORD, he shall be put to death. Straight and clear: break the COMMAND, in this case blasphemy, and you get STONED TO DEATH!!

(b) Second, compare this with the NEW TESTAMENT. After giving us the FIRST and SECOND Commandments, Jesus then gave us a THIRD, and it's one that we've ALL broken: John Ch 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. Okay, JESUS, King of Kings and Lord of Lords, gave us this incredibly IMPORTANT New Commandment!! So what PUNISHMENT do we cop when we break this Commandment? Well, none actually!!!!! But how come? Because on His Cross of shame and pain HE TOOK THE PUNISHMENT FOR ALL OF YOUR SIN!! Not SOME, but ALL!! Thus HE's already BEEN PUNISHED for when we break His New Commandment!!! And as a result, WE are home free!!!

But that's not fair is it? That we should be LET OFF! You're absolutely right of course, it's NOT fair - but that's EXACTLY what God's love (which we certainly DO NOT DESERVE!) is all about!! Okay, so doesn't that then mean that I can sin and break all of God's commands to us in the New Testament - and I WON'T get punished? If you truly are a Christian man or woman who belongs to the Lord Jesus Christ, the answer is: YES!!! The New Testament is clear: we may break any command and we will NOT be punished - for HE has already paid the price for this!!!

But consider: don't you WANT TO LIVE for the Lord Jesus? Don't you LOVE Him and want to LOVE HIM MORE? Don't you WANT WITH ALL YOU HEART to PLEASE Him? Then you will WANT TO OBEY ALL OF HIS NT COMMANDS, WON'T YOU?? Once again that's a YES!!!

And so here is what we've been getting to in this Message - the incredible truth God writes for us in the New Testament:

We will OBEY HIS COMMANDS not BECAUSE WE HAVE TO,

BUT BECAUSE WE WANT TO!!!

And therein lies a TEST for YOU to see if you TRULY belong to Him, and therefore are a genuine Christian: do you SEEK and WANT to OBEY His commands? If NOT, then may I gently say that you need to most seriously reconsider your status in Christ - as to whether you really ARE heaven-bound, or not...

5. Finally, you can trust me that the many commands from the Lord in the New Testament will lead you to great and wonderful things IN YOUR CHRISTIAN WALK - if you LOOK for them - to DO them!! And you will come across them when you're not expecting them! SOME OF THEM ARE TRUE GEMS! And often they come with GREAT ADVICES as well as COMMANDS, SO YOU MAY BETTER LIVE YOUR LIFE IN CHRIST, BY THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

As you begin to see these COMMANDS you will more readily begin to SEE all the AMAZING TRUTHS God has for you as you READ and STUDY His Word in the New Testament!! (My strong advice: for best UNDERSTANDING read and study using the Amplified Bible Translation.)

6. It just remains for me to give you some EXAMPLES of COMMANDS for you to OBEY because of your LOVE for Him! These are the sort of things to LOOK for:

John Ch 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. Ch 15:4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
Matthew Ch 5:44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.
Romans Ch 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Ch 12:20 Therefore “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”
1 Corinthians Ch 10:12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.
2 Corinthians Ch 13:5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified.
Galatians Ch 6:16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Galatians Ch 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

(See some more commands below - click any verse to view it.)

God BLESS US ALL: WE NEED TO BECOME OBEDIENT!!

- BM, with His Beloved
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

MAY HE GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH
AND GROW YOU TO MATURITY!

hspace1.gif

hspace1.gif

Just Click the Reference to View What it Says

Some things to walk in:
1. The Spirit (Galatians 5:16)​
2. Love (Ephesians 5:2)​
3. The light (Ephesians 5:8-9; 1 John 1:7)​
4. Watchfulness (Ephesians 6:18)​
5. Christ (Colossians 2:6-7; 2 Corinthians 5:17)​
6. Wisdom (Colossians 4:5)​
7. Honesty (1 Thessalonians 4:12)

Some "Be's":​
1. Be exceeding glad (Matthew 5:12)​
2. Be reconciled to a brother (Matthew 5:24)​
3. Be perfect (Matthew 5:48; 2 Corinthains 13:11)​
4. Be wise as serpents (Matthew 10:16)​
5. Be harmless as doves (Matthew 10:16)​
6. Be ready for Christ's coming (Matthew 24:44; Luke 12:40)​
7. Be content with your wages (Luke 3:14)​
8. Be merciful as God (Luke 6:36)​
9. Be like faithful servants (Luke 12:36)​
10. Be thankful (Col. 3:15)​
11. Be at peace among yourselves (1 Thessalonians 5:13)​
12. Be patient toward all people (1 Thessalonians 5:14; 2 Timothy 2:24)​
13. Be transformed (Romans 12:2)
hspace1.gif

Wow, Bondman! Those 2 posts took lots of work! Thanx, you made it so plain. I did post this on the main, and lots of people came up with those 2 new commandments also, so that helped a lot. The rest was very interesting. Love it!

what it means is it,s all about your spirit.if you do things on purpose or by accident.it,s how you do things.it ain,t what you do it,s the way that you do it,bananarama.

My Son Needs Prayer

I posted this on the main site too, but I want BM to see it because he hardly goes on the main site.

My son, Jeff, who is 28 years old, was ditched by his girlfriend again. They live in Joplin, Missouri, where they both teach highschool. This is Jeff's first job in the U.S., so he has to stay there at least a year. He taught in Seoul, Korea for a couple years. When he got back, Jordan and him got back together, and now, after another year, she says she still doesn't want to get married. It's been five years they have been together! While he was in Korea, she started going out to drink with the other teachers, and then I knew she was not meant for Jeff. They are both Christians, but Jeff is very moral. He has always been that way. I think it was because of all the drinking we did that he vowed never to let liquor touch his lips. He also said, when he was in highschool, that he would never kiss a girl unless they were married. I think that is in the past now, but he was a Christian before I was.

I just would like for ya'll to pray with me that he will get over this girl and God would bring the right one for him, so we could have some grandkids! :eek:

My daughter, Kim, is 31, and she found out she probably won't be able to have children because her husband if sterile. So, it's just my husband's daughter who has 1 son. That is our only grandchild . . . and they live in Oregon. But, I get to hug and kiss all the babies I want to at Early Head Start where I work. I would just love to have one of my own. Will stop blabbering now. Thanx for your prayers! Sweets

Wow, Bondman! Those 2 posts took lots of work! Thanx, you made it so plain. I did post this on the main, and lots of people came up with those 2 new commandments also, so that helped a lot. The rest was very interesting. Love it!

Yes, I may as well own up that it was about a day's work! *hehe* I'm SO GLAD you found it clear enough.

I thought that folks would come up with Jesus' 'summarised' TWO COMMANDMENTS in the NT. And these commands sure "put us on notice" with what God wants for us to do, don't they!!

But what I find so WONDERFUL is that every NT command is ultimately for OUR good!!! Love that!

what it means is it,s all about your spirit.if you do things on purpose or by accident.it,s how you do things.it ain,t what you do it,s the way that you do it,bananarama.

Absolutely right SC! Our attitude to the Lord from our inner spirit is so important!

Blessings!

- BM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back