The Love Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dog has been with me 12 years..I do lots of things with her include celebrate the holidays and her birthday..but i learned over the year the best i can do for her is to pray for her...I beleive God cares about all His creation.

You are so right sister, God loves all His creation. He said it was good. Please everyone, if it applies, do these things for your pets. Then come back and tell us about them.

I dont have anyone that I saw physically today so I just prayed for people to be touched.

Oh, I did make cards for some pachages i made today that will be sent to people tomorrow..I dont usually include cards but this time I did:)

This was great Sis! The people will enjoy those cards and feel blessed.

Well I've also been taking the challenge and believe me when I say, if you try very hard to do this, it is a challenge.

Yesterday, my hubby did something that usually annoys me a little. I usually say something about it, but yesterday, I just stood there. My hubby said, are you ok? I said I'm doing a love challenge and I'm trying very hard not to say anything about what you just did. My hubby did this :D and said I think I'm going to love this challenge.

I really realized that by not saying anything negative, it is much better for our relationship. There are just things that are so small, it's just better not to say anything about it. Less negative, more positive has to be good. I'm going to take this challenge. I love my husband and even though I think we have a great relationship... if I do this challenge, it will be even better. Thank you Jesus speaking to our Sister's heart to post this challenge and thank you Sis for listening.

Blessings, Cheri

Love Challenge # 4

Love Challenge # 4

Contact your spouse, parent(s), children, or friend sometime during the business of the day. Have no agenda other than asking how he or she is doing and if there is anything you could do for them.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Oh this one just comes natural to me I love to do that:) Some times I call my mom just to say I love you...or send an ermail to a person online that has been in hard times, just to tell them that they are thought of and held close in heart. Simple things like that can really make a differance to someone.

You know what???? That is an excellent idea about parent(s). I will add parents to the rest of the "Love Challenges."

Simple things like that can really make a differance to someone.

So very, very, true. It is the little things that can make a huge difference in someone's day. That is why I think I am really going to enjoy this journey.

Thanks again for the excellent idea sister.

Godbe4me

My husband found his note "For Your Eyes Only" in his cell phone case this morning. I was asleep when he got up. But when he went to place his cell phone in his case and realized something was blocking it and pulled it out. All of a sudden I got a big kiss that woke me up out of my sleep. He said, "I don't know what's going on; but I like it. I love you too baby."

I was too sleepy to appreciate what he did. I only turned over and said, "Okay, love you too." and went back to sleep:D:D

It is good to see the love flow. That is why I am sharing what happens when I take these challenges. Hopefully, more people will join the journey and see the changes manifest in their own relationships.

God bless

Contact your spouse, parent(s), children, or friend sometime during the business of the day. Have no agenda other than asking how he or she is doing and if there is anything you could do for them.

My husband has been dealing with a bad tooth ache for over a week. I've been telling him to go to the dentist. Well, when he went to work this morning, I did not know he was going to the dentist. So, when I called him to see how he was doing, he said he was on his way home because he got the tooth pulled. I asked him if there was anything I could do for him and he asked me to meet him outside. He was in too much pain to pick up his medication. So, I went outside to meet him and drove to the pharmacy. So, that part of the Love Challenge was accomplished.

But, the challenge was not complete, I had to go back to "Love Challenge #1 (Demonstrate patience and say nothing negative).

I was challenged so bad that I had to go to prayer hehe. It was like everything he did was a half thought and incomplete. And, I knew that was because of the pain. I sat down and God spoke to my heart and said, "In this lesson, you are to grow in patience. I want you to express the same patience to your husband that I express to you." The only thing I could say was, "thank you Jesus." I went in the bedroom and said to him, "sweetie, what can I do for you?"

So, I said all of that to say that if we take this journey seriously, God will reveal your area of weakness. You will be exposed to that area of weakness more and more until you learn how to handle it in a Godly way.

God bless you,

Godbe4me

I was thinking about somthing with this love challenge..we dont have to limit how many people we do this with....we can do these things with anyone and everyone we come in contact with...or we could ask the Lord to lead us to who needs love from us. Its limitless really:)

Godbe4me...Thank you so much for posting this love challenge, I know the Lord wants to work on me in the area of loving others with His heart and to develope His love in me to be expressed to others His way. This is such a wonderful journey!

God bless you.

I was thinking about somthing with this love challenge..we dont have to limit how many people we do this with....we can do these things with anyone and everyone we come in contact with...or we could ask the Lord to lead us to who needs love from us. Its limitless really
smile.gif

That's right.....whoever God places in your life.

Thank you so much for posting this love challenge, I know the Lord wants to work on me in the area of loving others with His heart and to develope His love in me to be expressed to others His way. This is such a wonderful journey!

Exactly.....God will reveal the area that He will work on. I am glad God is showing you as well. Continue the journey with me sister and don't give up.

God bless,

Godbe4me

I think I too will join in this challenge.

When I gave my heart to Christ, I automatically did these things out of the Love that was flowing from me. But it has been so long now, and since my dh has not followed in my footsteps, and still does not understand God's love for him, I got discouraged (or I should say I am discouraged), and have forgotten about that love that once flowed.

It has been encouraging to read what's been happening since some of you have taken the challenge. Sorta like that movie Fire Proof. It's a great idea anyway. Thanx for the challenge.

Okay, this is wonderful.

At work I can get very frustrated at times, and I have a tendency to say things I shouldn't.

Well, yesterday . . . I got very frustrated with a particular situation, but I didn't say anything. I took a deep breath and walked out of the office to calmn down. I must say . . . my day didn't go much better after that in the natural, but in the spiritual I was very calm with the peace of God that passes all understanding.

Thanks for posting this love challenge. It is a great help.

All glory to God! Thank You Jesus!

:groupray:

Love Challenge # 5

Sept. 9, 2009

Ask your spouse, parent(s), children, friend, etc. to tell you three things that cause him or her to be uncomfortable or irritated with you. You must do so without attacking them or justifying your behavior. This is from their perspective only.

God bless you,

Godbe4me

yikes...LOL

LOL.......Yep, God is us changing us from the inside out. But you know what????LOLOLOLOL, I know my husband is going to say more than three......I will try not to hurt him..LOLOLOLOL

LOL..i was thinking the same, I know I will get more then 3 also..LOL I may get about a dozen, the Lord has a lot of work to do in me yet:D

LOL..i was thinking the same, I know I will get more then 3 also..LOL I may get about a dozen, the Lord has a lot of work to do in me yet:D

Now, this is going to be a challenge for me. Not because of what he may say because I have an idea of what he's going to say. The challenge will be me not responding by asking him to remember why I do those things. Pray for me LOLOLOLOL.....I don't care how challenging this gets, I am sticking with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back