The Reason the Church is Floundering....

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes sir it is true but Grace is the saving Element faith is the key to that Grace paul wrote
Of course grace is needed, but it comes from God's side, not man's.
When we speak of 'faith alone', we are only referring to what man contributes.
There are a lot of things needed for our justification, such as hearing God's Word, Christ's perfect obedience and shed blood, the conviction and drawing of the Holy Spirit etc., but these are all done by God leaving us with only faith to receive such an indescribable Gift.

Titus 2:11​

11For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

my point in discussion is no where is faith used in these scriptures .but it is THROUGH faith but not faith alone i can only go by solo scriptures
Titus 2:11 is only further proof that our sanctification (not justification) is enabled by God's grace.

Whether one says by faith, or through faith (I can show you both in Scripture), it makes little difference when it comes to
justification.

Last edited:
Titus 2:11 is only further proof that our sanctification (not justification) is enabled by God's grace.
“justified freely by HIS grace” and faith is our part. i responded wrong in saying i agree we are justified by Grace in fact justification and sanctification come together justified and sanctified, sanctification is on going . this keeps farther and farther away from scripture.
it makes little difference when it comes to
justification.
it makes a world of difference

MODERATOR COMMENT

This topic has been well discussed and, in the opinion of the Moderators, nothing further is to be gained.

The thread will now be closed.

If a member feels they have something to add which would advance the discussion, they are encouraged to contact a member of the Moderator/Administrator staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back