The Testing Of Spirits

Slip sliding away...try staying on topic. I used Swaggert, Baker, and Copeland as examples who's mistakes and errors were well aired by the world - believers and unbelievers alike. It's called telling the truth as opposed to lies but if you want to call it mud slinging - go ahead but be aware that the term implies slinging lies and that just ain't the truth. They have a new series on ID called "Sinister Ministers" 2 "men of God" per episode telling everyone all about religious leaders. It's a series - so they will have a season 2 and 3 (perhaps) without running out of fodder. This is something reflects no glory to God. And hiding it doesn't reflect any either.

Yep, it's mud, and yes, it reflects none of the glory of God.

Slip sliding away...try staying on topic. I used Swaggert, Baker, and Copeland as examples who's mistakes and errors were well aired by the world - believers and unbelievers alike. It's called telling the truth as opposed to lies but if you want to call it mud slinging - go ahead but be aware that the term implies slinging lies and that just ain't the truth. They have a new series on ID called "Sinister Ministers" 2 "men of God" per episode telling everyone all about religious leaders. It's a series - so they will have a season 2 and 3 (perhaps) without running out of fodder. This is something reflects no glory to God. And hiding it doesn't reflect any either.
No you put these people out, as if they represented the Full Gospel view, when in fact the two known sinners and those who have brought shame upon the gospel represent the view you are trying to defend. Then you try to smear others with their shame.

MacArthur has none of their shame. These are leaders in the church and teachers of the Word should practice what they preach and like it or not, they should be held to a higher standard. And hiding these sins, and silence also does no glory to God because they mislead people off the path. Followers are in their rights, if their leaders mislead into sin, to then justify their actions and sin too. Unbelievers just have more reason to not believe. It doesn't all go away because of silence - instead it gets repeated. It is biblical to test the spirits/persons and true people of God should welcome it even encourage it.

MacArthur has none of their shame. These are leaders in the church and teachers of the Word should practice what they preach and like it or not, they should be held to a higher standard. And hiding these sins, and silence also does no glory to God because they mislead people off the path. Followers are in their rights, if their leaders mislead into sin, to then justify their actions and sin too. Unbelievers just have more reason to not believe. It doesn't all go away because of silence - instead it gets repeated. It is biblical to test the spirits/persons and true people of God should welcome it even encourage it.

Leaders in the Body of Christ are held to a higher standard---God's. MacArthur will have his own brand of shame to deal with one day---that of rejecting God's word and the teaching on the spiritual gifts for the Body of Christ. He is going to be held accountable by God for leading people astray about the precious work of Holy Spirit in the Body of Christ.

I, too, prefer my correction in the here and now. I don't agree about MacArthur ( as you already know from my posts) and while (warning, warning: repetition upcoming) I don't agree with all that he says - I know why he is saying what he is saying from scripture after scripture after scripture. He sees errors growing and multiplying by way of "experiencial truth" overriding the Word's Truth. And I only brought up Swaggert and Baker because all the truth they may have preached (wasn't a follower) was undone by the untruth they chose to live by. At least, they have had a very hard correction but it was in the here and now, which saved them and shows God's mercy once again.

Does anyone have any links to videos of the gifts of the Spirit being manifested? I've heard about them being manifested today but thinking back I'm not sure I've ever seen it so I am looking to learn more. :)

I do not have any links but have several DVD's from assorted churches.

One in particular is the Lakewood Church in Lakeland Fl.

It shows women leading men around on their knees with a dog collar. It also shows women howling like dogs. People are laughing so hard that they fall down in the floor with ladies skirts going to their waist for everyone to see how God made them.

If the Holy Spirit is in that, then we need to be looking at what His job really is.

I, too, prefer my correction in the here and now. I don't agree about MacArthur ( as you already know from my posts) and while (warning, warning: repetition upcoming) I don't agree with all that he says - I know why he is saying what he is saying from scripture after scripture after scripture. He sees errors growing and multiplying by way of "experiencial truth" overriding the Word's Truth. And I only brought up Swaggert and Baker because all the truth they may have preached (wasn't a follower) was undone by the untruth they chose to live by. At least, they have had a very hard correction but it was in the here and now, which saved them and shows God's mercy once again.

Swaggert and Baker were some of the 1st Word of Faith expositors and they showed exactly the kind of evil that was in their heart....
The Love for Money!

Only the names have changed. The preaching and begging for money is the same!

I believe that the HS can warn us, individually, to things that are going to happen in our lives. Does that make us prophets of God? I agree with the OT scripture or test of a true prophet. They are 100% accurate, they are living a moral life, and they say nothing that opposes the Word. As for speaking in tongues? Personally, I would be horrified if gibberish that I or anyone else in hearing didn't understand, came out of my mouth. I would question my sanity and thank the Lord that He knows me well enough not to give me this gift. I have been healed and attribute this to God. There was no laying on of hands and I still suffer constant pain. If the gifts edify and bring you closer to Christ, and bring glory to God, I have no reason to disbelieve that others today have been so gifted. When masses of people speak gobbedly gook, go into comatose trances, fall on the floor, writhe, groan and grunt, acting as drunkards - I see no glory to God.

Silk........the tongues seen in today's churches is NOT the tongues of the 1st church. The gift of tongues was a gift given to the disciples after Jesus rose from the grave.

Mark 16:14-19.........
14" Afterward he appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at table, and he rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who saw him after he had risen. 15 And he said to them, "Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover." 19 So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God. "

There it is. This is the "Great Commission" given to the ELEVEN by Jesus. THEY were the disciples who became the Apostles and THEY had the SIGN Gifts because they believed the Lord Jesus Christ.

Proof>>>>>>

Hebrews 2:1.......
"Therefore WE must pay much closer attention to what WE have heard, lest WE drift away from it. 2 For since the message declared by angels proved to be reliable, and every transgression or disobedience received a just retribution, 3 how shall WE escape if WE neglect such a great salvation? It was declared at first by the Lord, and it was attested to us by those who heard, 4 while God also bore witness by signs and wonders and various miracles and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will. "

There it is in black and white folks. The WE in Hebrews are the Apostles in Mark 16 "WHO HEARD what the Lord said and were given the SIGN gifts. The Apostles were commissioned and were given the sign gifts.

Now consider 1 Corth. 13:8 Biblical conformation.........
8" Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away".

Which ever it is and it can only be one of these TWO perfect things. One is a PERSON and the other is a thing............................
Jesus who had already come and they knew it.....or the Word of God which had not yet been written, compiled and canonized.
Your choice!!!!!!!!

With all love and compassion for those who insist that they have a word of knowledge, or have the ability to be a prophet or insist on speaking in sounds and words that make up no dialect. You do those things because you want to and those things can be faked.
You are not doing them because the Bible directs you to do so.

Now when you respond......please do not jump up and down on me. Focus your anger at the Scriptures I posted for you. Your concern is with Mark, Matthew, Paul and probably Luck and the rest of the Apostles who HEARD Jesus give them the Great Commission.

Leaders in the Body of Christ are held to a higher standard---God's. MacArthur will have his own brand of shame to deal with one day---that of rejecting God's word and the teaching on the spiritual gifts for the Body of Christ. He is going to be held accountable by God for leading people astray about the precious work of Holy Spirit in the Body of Christ.

Euphemia..........you can not in all conscious say and believe that John MacArthur will have shame on his hands because he does not believe man have the sign gifts today.

In my heart I do not believe you mean your comment of ............
" He is going to be held accountable by God for leading people astray about the precious work of Holy Spirit in the Body of Christ."

When you make that kind of comment you are condemning ALL those like Methodists and Preysb. and Baptists and Catholics and The Brethren and Seven Day Adventists etc. who also reject the idea of men having the sign gifts.

Couldn't the very same thing be said of you and all other people who believe the Word of Faith preachers who proclaim the sign gifts so very much?????

Listen, you can say what you said about John to me as well. I have 100% peace in my heart for what I say and teach as I have worked years and years so as to be able to say the correct Biblical thing to all people who ask me questions.

Euphemia..........you can not in all conscious say and believe that John MacArthur will have shame on his hands because he does not believe man have the sign gifts today.

He will have much regret...that I can tell you. But, thank God that He will wipe away every tear!

In my heart I do not believe you mean your comment of ............
" He is going to be held accountable by God for leading people astray about the precious work of Holy Spirit in the Body of Christ."

When you make that kind of comment you are condemning ALL those like Methodists and Preysb. and Baptists and Catholics and The Brethren and Seven Day Adventists etc. who also reject the idea of men having the sign gifts.

Condemning? No.

Romans 8:1 (NLT)
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.

Every Christian will be judged according to what thy have don for God and the building up of His Kingdom. Error will be dealt with.

1 Corinthians 3:13-15 (NLT)
But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a person’s work has any value. 14 If the work survives, that builder will receive a reward. 15 But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss. The builder will be saved, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames.

Couldn't the very same thing be said of you and all other people who believe the Word of Faith preachers who proclaim the sign gifts so very much?????

I don't believe everyone. I believe the word of God.

Listen, you can say what you said about John to me as well. I have 100% peace in my heart for what I say and teach as I have worked years and years so as to be able to say the correct Biblical thing to all people who ask me questions.

Me, too.

Silence is deadly. When good men and women say nothing, terrible, terrible things follow. And when we find ourselves at the tippy tip of bad times, our silence makes it worse.

If you have ears to hear, eyes to see.

Hey Major - may rainbows and light follow you and yours all the days of your life. OK - soppy, but none-the-less...

Over 2 and 1/2 yrs., I have learned much from Major, even when we disagree. I learned how to use the HS from him (even if it doesn't always show). Most of all, I have learned from him that you can't go wrong following scripture. I don't mean to embarass but I can't help feeling real delight when we agree.

MacArthur has no authority to judge the power of God, because he has no power. Paul made clear these men should not be accepted as to represent the things of God. Our faith is not in these men who have empty words, but in the power of God.

Swaggert and Baker were some of the 1st Word of Faith expositors and they showed exactly the kind of evil that was in their heart....
The Love for Money!

Only the names have changed. The preaching and begging for money is the same!
Major this is a lie...swaggert teaches against the Holy Spirit..always has! Now you and I agree on many things, but you are in error on this issue and are trying to promote a "DIFFERENT" spirit. The bible describes the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit is the same forever.

Major this is a lie...swaggert teaches against the Holy Spirit..always has! Now you and I agree on many things, but you are in error on this issue and are trying to promote a "DIFFERENT" spirit. The bible describes the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit is the same forever.
Are you sure?

Back