"Try the spirits"

It could be summed up with this:

Matthew 10:33 But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.

We can't confess Jesus to men if we don't understand who Jesus really is.

It could be summed up with this:

Matthew 10:33 But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.

We can't confess Jesus to men if we don't understand who Jesus really is.

And, how can we follow "The first of all the commandments" that our Lord "commanded" us in the following without having passed the "test for spirits?"

* Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

That our Lord followed with:

* Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Which comes first, "To know or to love?"

Therefore, by passing the "test for spirits" by divine revelation we can IDENTIFY (not only describe) the One True God of the Holy Bible. And this gives us the answer to the following questions:

1. Who was the GOD of Abraham and Moses? What is His name? Have we read that GOD had not yet revealed His name to the "chosen" in the Old Testament?

* Isa 52:6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.

2. Who was the GOD of Peter and Paul? What is His name?
3. Who is our GOD today? What is His name?

And, how can we follow "The first of all the commandments" that our Lord "commanded" us in the following without having passed the "test for spirits?"

* Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

That our Lord followed with:

* Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Which comes first, "To know or to love?"

Therefore, by passing the "test for spirits" by divine revelation we can IDENTIFY (not only describe) the One True God of the Holy Bible. And this gives us the answer to the following questions:

1. Who was the GOD of Abraham and Moses? What is His name? Have we read that GOD had not yet revealed His name to the "chosen" in the Old Testament?

* Isa 52:6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.

2. Who was the GOD of Peter and Paul? What is His name?
3. Who is our GOD today? What is His name?

Many have overlooked Isa 52:6 that, indeed, God had not yet revealed His name to the chosen. So when Jesus told His Disciples:

* Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Look, with the wisdom of men look how they missed following the command? Why do they only "repeat" instead of obeying it in saying, "I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost," when Father is not a name, Jesus is the name of the Son, and Holy Ghost also is not a name.

Simon Peter who recognized JESUS, "not with flesh and blood, but by the revelation of the Father," followed the command with:

* Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Hence, JESUS CHRIST was the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses; so also of Peter and Paul, and to the "chosen few" of GOD today! But what God revealed is not the Sabellian or Oneness doctrine because this is exposed as a counterfeit, again by divine revelation in the following:

* Revelation 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

The "beast" is actually SATAN. "Earth" symbolizes man (Jer 22:29). The "language of Satan" is the "letter" or literal understanding of the word of God. This was demonstrated when Jesus, in His role as Son of God, fasted 40 days and 40 nights, and Satan simply saw the empty stomach of Jesus that he told him:

* Matthew 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. (for Jesus to eat the bread)

How many professing Christians observe and follow this?

* 2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter (or literal meaning of the word), but of the spirit (or spiritual meaning): for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

I welcome questions regarding the One True God of the Holy Bible, except technical matter and philosophy.

Many have overlooked Isa 52:6 that, indeed, God had not yet revealed His name to the chosen. So when Jesus told His Disciples:

* Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Look, with the wisdom of men look how they missed following the command? Why do they only "repeat" instead of obeying it in saying, "I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost," when Father is not a name, Jesus is the name of the Son, and Holy Ghost also is not a name.

Simon Peter who recognized JESUS, "not with flesh and blood, but by the revelation of the Father," followed the command with:

* Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Hence, JESUS CHRIST was the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses; so also of Peter and Paul, and to the "chosen few" of GOD today! But what God revealed is not the Sabellian or Oneness doctrine because this is exposed as a counterfeit, again by divine revelation in the following:

* Revelation 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

The "beast" is actually SATAN. "Earth" symbolizes man (Jer 22:29). The "language of Satan" is the "letter" or literal understanding of the word of God. This was demonstrated when Jesus, in His role as Son of God, fasted 40 days and 40 nights, and Satan simply saw the empty stomach of Jesus that he told him:

* Matthew 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. (for Jesus to eat the bread)

How many professing Christians observe and follow this?

* 2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter (or literal meaning of the word), but of the spirit (or spiritual meaning): for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

I welcome questions regarding the One True God of the Holy Bible, except technical matter and philosophy.

God revealed to us the importance of this simple-appearing "test for spirits" that only a "few" truly pass it.

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

And yet everybody is claiming salvation, and what is very regrettable some preach the "eternal security" doctrine. With this simple statement, God who is symbolized by the "sun" too bright (Psalms 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun...) that nothing is hidden from His all-seeing eyes.

=================================================================

Perhaps we can all see that it is only after "passing the test for spirits" that a person becomes a "spiritual sheep" that is worthy to follow the "Lamb of God." Otherwise, how could "spiritual goats" follow HIM when they cannot comprehend what HE is saying.

A very good illustration for this is found in John Chapter 6, where Jesus Christ fed the "great multitude" with "bread and fishes" whom He called His DISCIPLES. They all benefited physically from this coming from Jesus. But when He spoke about the real food, saying:

John 6:48 I am that bread of life.
John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
John 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
John 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Look at the two classes of DISCIPLES!

First class those who simply benefited physically:

John 6:60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
John 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Second class those who benefited physically and spiritually:

John 6:67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
John 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
John 6:69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

To which class of DISCIPLES do we belong?

In John Chapter 6, Jesus Christ fed the "great multitude" with "bread and fishes" whom He called His DISCIPLES. However, when our Lord spoke "spiritual things," look how the DISCIPLES were classified into two groups.

John 6:48 I am that bread of life.
John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
John 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
John 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

First class those who simply benefited physically:

John 6:60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
John 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Second class those who benefited physically and spiritually:

John 6:67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
John 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
John 6:69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

To which class of DISCIPLES do we belong? Let us remember that God is "harvesting" SOULS and not bodies that all end in the cemetery. In the end, the "elect" will have the "glorified body of Jesus Christ!

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Thus how many can accept the following truth?

2 Cor 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Very very clear from the "intended purpose" of this "test for spirits" is to pinpoint and identify JESUS CHRIST before coming in the flesh!

If GOD in the beginning was known as the FATHER, and it was HE who made the "testament of salvation," then very definitely it was the "FATHER who manifested HIMSELF in the flesh." Hence, it is written:

1 Timothy 3:16 (Authorized Versin of 1611) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Now, WHO is this person alluded to in Gen. 17:7, Isa 43:10, and 1 Tim 3:16?

Philippians 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Philippians 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

WHAT does "to be equal with God" mean?

Passing the "test for spirits" is to believe and accept that it was the FATHER who "manifested Himself in the flesh," and now He is known as JESUS CHRIST. This is what Simon Peter "saw in Jesus" in declaring:

"Thou art the CHRIST!"

This must be the PRIMARY role of JESUS that perfectly reconcile with the following statementS of the FATHER:

The only GOD:

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
The only SAVIOR:

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
The only CREATOR and SAVIOR:

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
And this is what Simon Peter "saw in Jesus" in declaring:

Thou art the "SON of the living God."

This must only be the SECONDARY role of JESUS:

MODEL: Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
SHOW THE WAY: John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way... no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
AS EXAMPLE TO THE CHOSEN: 1 Peter 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

it,s a very interesting question,to myself jesus Christ is Christ ie a name like yashua etc.just another name.to others this is like a religion,and is used at diffrent time like 0 my lord etc.
to me Christ was 1 man 1 spirit ie son of God and son of man.
now people say how is Christ son of man.?
easy he was a son of mankind.in the flesh.
now God has said he will have more sons so don,t be dismayed about this,Christ has set the standard for others who may come.

it,s a very interesting question,to myself jesus Christ is Christ ie a name like yashua etc.just another name.to others this is like a religion,and is used at diffrent time like 0 my lord etc.
now God has said he will have more sons so don,t be dismayed about this,Christ has set the standard for others who may come.

smellycat, don't you think JESUS CHRIST would like you to know how He became the SAVIOR when it was the FATHER who actually made the covenant or "testament of salvation?"

Genesis 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Genesis 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

And, let us remember it was the FATHER who made the following declaration, that perhaps would "shock" many people if you are not one of them:

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

An important question: does believing that Jesus Christ of Nazareth existed save us, or does believing in Him, and all that He taught, actually bring us salvation? Once the Cornerstone of people's faith is lined up correctly, everything else is bound to fall into place in due time. (I Peter 2:6, Matthew 7:21-27)

An important question: does believing that Jesus Christ of Nazareth existed save us, or does believing in Him, and all that He taught, actually bring us salvation? Once the Cornerstone of people's faith is lined up correctly, everything else is bound to fall into place in due time. (I Peter 2:6, Matthew 7:21-27)

What I read is, we need to KNOW the One True God. This is the "first of all the commandments" Jesus Christ Himself stated in the following. Observe the following very carefully which COMES FIRST BEFORE loving God:

Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Mark 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Jesus Christ only repeated what was truth in the Old Testament:

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Deuteronomy 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

This is based on the basic principle that nobody can refute: "Can we love somebody we DO NOT KNOW?" Which comes first, to KNOW or to LOVE? Let us remember,

"Believing is not loving"
"Description is not identification"
"Loving is MUTUAL " otherwise we will not be hearing the following from JESUS CHRIST:

Luke 13:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

i agree are you saying the Lord is another word for God,or for Christ.?
do you believe Christ is God or the son of God.?
depends on your belief.
to myself i believe in God,i believe Christ is the son of God.born from spirit,the holy spirit of God.or you could swap God for the word Lord,ie the same God.

i agree are you saying the Lord is another word for God,or for Christ.?
do you believe Christ is God or the son of God.?
depends on your belief.
to myself i believe in God,i believe Christ is the son of God.born from spirit,the holy spirit of God.or you could swap God for the word Lord,ie the same God.

My dear smellcat, what you have stated about Jesus Christ is more than, and in a much more detailed description and identification, of God.

If only you can read the article I happened to come across in that wonderful website, www.purechristianity.org, in the article "CROSS THE ETERNAL SYMBOL FOR TRUTH," you would understand what I mean about our Lord Jesus Christ. But lately, this website seems to have been hacked by people who hate to know the truth about God.

Hi fil, I've been reading your posts but I couldn't seem to get the underlying objective...yet.

The site you mentioned wasn't hacked. There's an issue with the server. That's all.

then you believe grace and not faith.?
depending on your knowledge.
i will stay faithful to God to protect freedom,that is my duty.

The center-point or focus on this "Test for spirits" is, WHO really was JESUS CHRIST before coming in the flesh. Because to know or identify WHO really was this GOD, then surely and automatically should have also known or identified the FATHER!

This is precisely the purpose of JESUS CHRIST in rebuking those who "hated," and in our time profess to "know" HIM with His rebuke in the following:

John 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

Read this very carefully.

Everything about salvation, and the identity of the One True God, would follow after "having clearly identified Jesus Christ."

The center-point or focus on this "Test for spirits" is, WHO really was JESUS CHRIST before coming in the flesh. Because to know or identify WHO really was this GOD, then surely and automatically should have also known or identified the FATHER!

This is precisely the purpose of JESUS CHRIST in rebuking those who "hated," and in our time profess to "know" HIM with His rebuke in the following:

John 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

Read this very carefully.

Everything about salvation, and the identity of the One True God, would follow after "having clearly identified Jesus Christ."

Take notice of this since Old Testament time how GOD admonished His chosen people:

Is not this what JESUS CHRIST told a humble Scribe in Mark 12:29-30?

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: (What is meant by this?)

Deu 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God (Who is this God?) with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

During the time of Christ, and in our time:

Mark 12:28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Who is this LORD? Who was speaking in the following?

Isa 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another

Psa 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

1 Cor 8:6 But to us there is but ... one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

God has His way of "trying the spirits" whether a person is true or a bogus Christian. This was revealed to John the Beloved Apostle:

1 Joh 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

1 Joh 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1 Joh 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Below is for our better understanding:
1. Beloved, trust not every idea or concept, but test the idea or concept whether they are of God: because many false ideas and concepts are gone out into the world.
2. Hereby we know the Spirit of God: Every idea or concept that acknowledges itself under all that Jesus Christ teaches and consists of is of God.
3. And every idea and concept that refuses to be under all that Jesus Christ teaches and consists of is not of God: and this is that idea and concept of against or other than Christ, whereof you have heard that such should come; and these ideas and concepts are even now already in the world.

Back