VIRGIN BIRTH

With the birthday of Jesus (As set by the RCC) comes closer, why do you think that it is important to believe that He, Jesus, the Son of God be born of a virgin.

Do you think that the virgin birth of Christ an essential to salvation?

If Jesus were not born of a virgin, he would be an ordinary human being, not divine by nature. As an ordinary human being, he would have a sin nature. Moreover, if he were born of an unmarried woman who had engaged in sexual intercourse, he would be the product of sinful activity. Considering all of this, the only way he could be the Son of God would be through adoptionism, and adoptionism is heresy. Salvation isn't possible for anyone whose faith is based upon heretical christology.

With the birthday of Jesus (As set by the RCC) comes closer, why do you think that it is important to believe that He, Jesus, the Son of God be born of a virgin.

if he was not Virgin Born, then Jesus would have been effected by fall of adam, and been born with a sin nature, and not qualified to be the Messiah!

Hello Major my friend.
Agreed then that Jesus came the perfect way as a spoken word. God said it and it was, Mary was simply a bedding ground for that Word, nothing more.
It follows then to say, how do we find ourselves in the rut of imperfect conception?
I know you and I are at odds on that one but I also believe you to be gentleman enough to return that serve. ;-)

Keeping with the season...

2 Christ, by highest heaven adored,
Christ, the everlasting Lord,
late in time behold him come,
offspring of the Virgin's womb:
veiled in flesh the Godhead see;
hail th'incarnate Deity,

pleased with us in flesh to dwell,
Jesus, our Immanuel. [Refrain]

The Hymnary

Ok never having seen the word 'CEPHER' before this is the 2nd time today I have bumped into it. Is it some sort of translation?

Yes, sort of. It places the books of the Bible in the order they were written, and it has the Masoretic texts and other books for reference, as well as giving the proper names for God thoughout rather than just LORD (Yahweh) and God, etc. It's what the Judeo side of the Messianic house uses.

MM

Yes, sort of. It places the books of the Bible in the order they were written, and it has the Masoretic texts and other books for reference, as well as giving the proper names for God thoughout rather than just LORD (Yahweh) and God, etc. It's what the Judeo side of the Messianic house uses.

MM
Hebrew Roots Movement?
Oh never mind, I'm doing one of my famous derailings.

Hello Major my friend.
Agreed then that Jesus came the perfect way as a spoken word. God said it and it was, Mary was simply a bedding ground for that Word, nothing more.
It follows then to say, how do we find ourselves in the rut of imperfect conception?
I know you and I are at odds on that one but I also believe you to be gentleman enough to return that serve. ;-)

Amen brother.

To tell you the truth.....I do not remember why we were at odds, If we were.

You see........Jesus received His "humanity" from His mother. However He was God so He had NO SIN NATURE which was the requirement of the virgin birth.

"HE who knew NO sin" was God in the flesh.

My question is........"Is belief in the virgin birth an essential to salvation?"

Now it is NOT in order to come to Christ but after we grow in knowledge is then the question.
FAITH in the gospel is all that is required to be saved of course.

MM

OK. That has to be the very last time that you smart guys use words to confuse the old timers like me and crossnote because i did not know either!!!!!

Hebrew Roots Movement?
Oh never mind, I'm doing one of my famous derailings.

Actually, I'm one of many descendants from the tribes of Israel. America is the largest melting pot of the ten tribes in the world. I've started a thread over in the OPEN DISCUSSIONS area called "Ten Tribes of Israel - Are You Among Their Number?" The Hebrew Roots movement is a very broad system of theologies that has no defining centrality for doctrine. It's more wild than the old time Mustangs. They hold to many of the same thoughts and beliefs of Messianicism, but they are not the same thing. They see themselves as purely Gentiles grafted in, which may be somewhat true. That's why I launched that thread as an exploratory of the actual history that proves the ten tribes were not lost at all. If that were so, then the valley of bones would not have existed that the thread OP refers to. I would not exist.

So, we do indeed believe in the virgin birth of Yahusha (Jesus).

MM

Which tribe?

Don't know at this point, and it may not be discoverable. Watch the videos, and you will see why.

absolutely other wise man could brag he had part in salvation

Don't know at this point, and it may not be discoverable. Watch the videos, and you will see why.

Right, that's why I asked which tribe. How would one know they are a descendant if they don't know which tribe. I'll watch the videos tomorrow. thx

Right, that's why I asked which tribe. How would one know they are a descendant if they don't know which tribe. I'll watch the videos tomorrow. thx

CN, that's part of what the scriptures cover, in that the Lord is the One who knows. Traceability through generations that had forgotten their roots renders earthly tracing virtually impossible. What makes the difference in what I have traced is the heritage of faith through my family line going back into Ireland and Germany. That's why we are a valley of dead bones yet to be brought back to life. The scriptures he covers in those videos give no indication as to the individual tribes being able to identify, but that they are descended from Ephraim. THAT is the upheld distinction that we are able to see here, with the Lord knowing the finer details of tribal descent.

MM

Back