Wages Of Sin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your friend who said that Adam and Eve did not die the day they ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is believing the lie!!
How can someone have more faith in the words of Satan above the Word of God?
I expect their death was from old age followed with annihilation.

As for Satan, I ignore him.

Is that a glimpse into your personal psyche.

No---but it is a glimpse into my experience. Satan loves it when people think they are ignoring him. It gives him lots of ground to work in. God wants us to be alert and on guard and ready to deal with Satan's lies and attacks, and to discern them as such.

They lived to be about a 1000 years old. Yet God said the "day" they eat they will die.! Gen 2:17
2 Peter 3:8 (KJV)
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Genesis 5:5 (KJV)
And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

930 years < 1 Day (1000 years)

God's math... just to keep 'em guessing so they have to have faith to believe... the faith? That the word of God speaks the truth.

I expect their death was from old age followed with annihilation.

As for Satan, I ignore him.
Confronting Satan is the only way to defeat him. The way to do that is to use God's word just as Jesus did. No dialog, no discussion, just the word of God.

2 Peter 3:8 (KJV)
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Genesis 5:5 (KJV)
And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

930 years < 1 Day (1000 years)

God's math... just to keep 'em guessing so they have to have faith to believe... the faith? That the word of God speaks the truth.
Thanks for that clarification, I knew it was somewhere around 1000 years.
One day with the Lord is "as" a thousand years, not that it is a 1000 years. To Adam and Eve it was only one day.

You say traditional Christians want to make it a fight but it is annihilation people who bring this topic up. Well besides my thread which I asked mods to lock because it is already turning into something I didn't want.
Y'know
Pro 20:27 The spirit of man is the lamp of the LORD, searching all his innermost parts.

1Co 2:11 For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

1Pe 3:4 but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.

Heb 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering,
Heb 12:23 and to the assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

Who do you think these people are that have been made perfect in the Heavenly Jerusalem? Who are these "spirits"?

In each case, the texts you provide denote that the spirit is a COMPONENT of the person, not the person himself/herself, which is what Genesis 2:7 teaches: "God formed man of the dust of the earth, breathed into his nostrils (here is the point where the ADDED COMPONENT of the spirit is applied to the dead body of the man) the breath of life, and man BECAME a living soul." The words "of man", "of that person", "with the imperishable...spirit", "of the righteous" of your provided texts make this quite evident. :)

Y'know

In each case, the texts you provide denote that the spirit is a COMPONENT of the person, not the person himself/herself, which is what Genesis 2:7 teaches: "God formed man of the dust of the earth, breathed into his nostrils (here is the point where the ADDED COMPONENT of the spirit is applied to the dead body of the man) the breath of life, and man BECAME a living soul." The words "of man", "of that person", "with the imperishable...spirit", "of the righteous" of your provided texts make this quite evident. :)

The spirit, and soul of man which is spirit can live without the body, but the body can not live with out the spirit.

You said this...the lie of Satan in the Garden of Eden - ye shall not surely die" this is exactly what you believe. That Adam and Eve did not die!!!! When we know they did. You have believed that lie your self!!

After thousands of years and having the Bible before us, and knowing the Devil is a liar, why are you still holding to the belief the Adam and Eve did not die in the garden? You have believed the lie that they would not die. Why is that?
I'm not following you. The lie I'm referring to is that of Satan's who claimed that Adam and Eve would not SURELY die, but that they would continue on another plain of existence. Much the way that superstitious people avoid cemeteries at midnight. They KNOW those people are DEAD - but not SURELY LOL. I'm saying that God is true, and that people do surely die. Adam and Eve did not die that day b/c substitute lambs died in their place (symbol for Christ), and they actually did eventually die "that day" if "a day is unto the Lord as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day".

I'm not following you. The lie I'm referring to is that of Satan's who claimed that Adam and Eve would not SURELY die, but that they would continue on another plain of existence. Much the way that superstitious people avoid cemeteries at midnight. They KNOW those people are DEAD - but not SURELY LOL. I'm saying that God is true, and that people do surely die. Adam and Eve did not die that day b/c substitute lambs died in their place (symbol for Christ), and they actually did eventually die "that day" if "a day is unto the Lord as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day".
Spiritual death is upon all flesh and has been from the fall, that why we have life in the Spirit.

Spiritual death is upon all flesh and has been from the fall, that why we have life in the Spirit.

Is that related to John 11?
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? (Joh 11:25-26 KJV)

I like Matthew Henry's comments
Man consists of body and soul, and provision is made for the happiness of both.

(a) For the body; here is the promise of a blessed resurrection. Though the body be dead because of sin (there is no remedy but it will die), yet it shall live again. All the difficulties that attend the state of the dead are here overlooked, and made nothing of. Though the sentence of death was just, though the effects of death be dismal, though the bands of death be strong, though he be dead and buried, dead and putrefied, though the scattered dust be so mixed with common dust that no art of man can distinguish, much less separate them, put the case as strongly as you will on that side, yet we are sure that he shall live again: the body shall be raised a glorious body.

(b.) For the soul; here is the promise of a blessed immortality. He that liveth and believeth, who, being united to Christ by faith, lives spiritually by virtue of that union, he shall never die. That spiritual life shall never be extinguished, but perfected in eternal life. As the soul, being in its nature spiritual, is therefore immortal; so if by faith it live a spiritual life, consonant to its nature, its felicity shall be immortal too. It shall never die, shall never be otherwise than easy and happy, and there is not any intermission or interruption of its life, as there is of the life of the body.

The mortality of the body shall at length be swallowed up of life; but the life of the soul, the believing soul, shall be immediately at death swallowed up of immortality. He shall not die, eis ton aiōna, for ever - Non morietur in aeternum; so Cyprian quotes it. The body shall not be for ever dead in the grave; it dies (like the two witnesses) but for a time, times, and the dividing of time; and when time shall be no more, and all the divisions of it shall be numbered and finished, a spirit of life from God shall enter into it.

But this is not all; the souls shall not die that death which is for ever, shall not die eternally, Blessed and holy, that is, blessed and happy, is he that by faith has part in the first resurrection, has part in Christ, who is that resurrection; for on such the second death, which is a death for ever, shall have no power; see Joh 6:40.

Which you have no Scripture to back up. That is as good as nothing to me.

Here is scripture attesting to us as tripartite beings:

1 Thessalonians 5:23 (NLT)
Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again.

I'm not following you. The lie I'm referring to is that of who claimed that Adam and Eve would not SURELY die, but that they would continue on another plain of existence. Much the way that superstitious people avoid cemeteries at midnight. They KNOW those people are DEAD - but not SURELY LOL. I'm saying that God is true, and that people do surely die. Adam and Eve did not die that day b/c substitute lambs died in their place (symbol for Christ), and they actually did eventually die "that day" if "a day is unto the Lord as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day".
The Devil said to Adam and Eve, "you will not surely die...." You say they also did not die on that day, but God said they would!!!
Who are we to believe the Devil and you or God? Who is believing the lie?
You can not use "a day is unto the Lord as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day" as that is pertaining to God not Adam, and Eve. Plus it says "one day is "as" a thousand years". It is not really a 1000 years but only "as" God dwells in eternity and is not subject to time and space, so a day to him is as 1000 years.
You and the Devil are both in agreement that Adam and Eve would not die on that day. Which we know they did or God would not have kicked them out of the garden. You are on the wrong side of the fence here. You need to believe what God said and not what the Devil says.

Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

How do we know Adam, and Eve died spiritually? Because the first fruits of death, or the symptoms that follow those who are spiritually
dead is fear, shame, and condemnation. Adam feared and hid themselves from the Lord. All the fearful will be cast into the lake of fire. Fear is not of God. Condemnation is a killer. Only the blood of Jesus Christ can take that guilt and condemnation, and shame away from us. As any person would try to and get rid of it, Adam, and Eve sewed fig leaves together to try and hide their shame and guilt to no avail.
Yes, Adam and Eve did die on that day, yet they lived hundreds years longer until physical death. You can be alive today yet be spiritually dead to the things God, using the only thing left which would be your own physical mind and flesh to try and figure out scriptures out, which only leads to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back