What about Ufos and Cryptozoology then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual, I am not real certain what you are saying. However I will say that the phrase "nevertheless he would not drink thereof;"......
because, say they who take these words in a spiritual sense, it was not this water, but spiritual water, he desired:, however is that actually the case------ as we can see but reason is given in 2 Samuel 23:17..............

2 Samuel 23:17 ..........
"Far be it from me, LORD, to do this!" he said. "Is it not the blood of men who went at the risk of their lives?" And David would not drink it. Such were the exploits of the three mighty warriors."

"but poured it out unto the Lord...... as a libation (OFFERING) to Him, it being rather blood than water, being fetched at the hazard of men's lives, and therefore more fit to be offered as a sacrifice to God than to be drank by him; and this he might do in thankfulness to God for preserving the lives of the men. Dr. Joel Gersom, Hebrew Scholar, thinks it was now the feast of tabernacles, which was the feast of ingathering the fruits of the earth, when great quantities of water were drawn and poured out at the altar, which was done to obtain the blessing of the former rain
Also see and read Source: Dr. J. Gill on John 7:37 and Dr. Albert Barnes on John 7:38.
I think of it more as a testament of David's character and honor that even
as king he wouldn't partake of his desires at the expense of shedding
blood. Even though he did with Bathsheba. David was a man of honor
and was a friend of God. If there is a parable in this I would say he could
not drink of 'that cup' because it was too much for him to consume.

What do you think?

I think of it more as a testament of David's character and honor that even
as king he wouldn't partake of his desires at the expense of shedding
blood. Even though he did with Bathsheba. David was a man of honor
and was a friend of God. If there is a parable in this I would say he could
not drink of 'that cup' because it was too much for him to consume.

What do you think?

It is NOT a Parable IMHO! A Parable a simple story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson, as told by Jesus in the Gospels.

Every Scripture in the Bible is not a Parable as some say. Many, many Scriptures do imply a spiritual meaning and Sometimes it is just a plain and simple historical statement.

David said............."Far be it from me" — I have no idea but it seems to me and from what I have read from others is that is there is a lesson to be learned here, it is that David looked upon the water no longer as water, but as the blood of those men who fetched it with the peril of their lives; and the blood of every thing belonged to the Lord, and therefore he poured it out before him.

If the generosity of David’s worthies was great, David’s generosity was no less so. Such actions as these dignify human nature, and manifest an excellence and grandeur which one should not otherwise think it capable of. These things did these three — MIGHT MEN, that They all joined in this hazardous exploit. But now follows what they did singly.

Now we might want to rethink the idea that David did not have a desire to shed blood and his character. Can you think of a commandment that HE DID NOT break?

That right there now would be he lesson to be learned. God forgives us no matter what it is that we have done!!!!!

It is NOT a Parable IMHO! A Parable a simple story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson, as told by Jesus in the Gospels.

Every Scripture in the Bible is not a Parable as some say. Many, many Scriptures do imply a spiritual meaning and Sometimes it is just a plain and simple historical statement.

David said............."Far be it from me" — I have no idea but it seems to me and from what I have read from others is that is there is a lesson to be learned here, it is that David looked upon the water no longer as water, but as the blood of those men who fetched it with the peril of their lives; and the blood of every thing belonged to the Lord, and therefore he poured it out before him.

If the generosity of David’s worthies was great, David’s generosity was no less so. Such actions as these dignify human nature, and manifest an excellence and grandeur which one should not otherwise think it capable of. These things did these three — MIGHT MEN, that They all joined in this hazardous exploit. But now follows what they did singly.

Now we might want to rethink the idea that David did not have a desire to shed blood and his character. Can you think of a commandment that HE DID NOT break?

That right there now would be he lesson to be learned. God forgives us no matter what it is that we have done!!!!!
I agree. I don't go hunting for parables in the Bible either.
David was more than just a sinful man. He was a man after
God's heart (I Samuel 13:14 & Acts 13:22). Granted, he was
still a man in the flesh but we cannot disregard his character
either. He could have killed Saul but chose to let God deal with
him. Jesus is going to sit on the Throne of David and that
also says something more of David.

CFS STAFF WARNING:

It is about time that primary participants in this thread, and a few other threads, start acting like Christians. Personality conflicts are always based upon Rules issues and this is no exception.

This thread and some others are being halted to give participants time to THINK about how things are going and how things actually SHOULD be.

Any more bickering in the open or in Private Messaging will result in Warning Points issued and at the very least, 7 days away from CFS.
Your cooperation is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back