What are you watching?

Just watchin' some 10 year old NCIS reruns on the 'WE' network off the satellite. Also like 'Hometown' on the 'HGTV' network with Erin and Ben Napier from down yonder in Mississippi doin' home renovations and wood working. With 40 acres of mixed hardwood and pines here at the homestead, I get some project ideas from them kinds of repair and do-it-yourself shows.

Also like to watch some of the cookin' shows on the 'Food Network' but I ain't seen many squirrel and possum recipes lately.

The Baby-sitters Club.

Some child-hood nostalgia. Although I don't quite understand how 12-13 year olds are entrusted with babysitting responsibilities, when its actually illegal here to leave children unattended when they are under 14. I am supposing the US has different laws about that!

While working on historical projects, I viewed a lot of English classics. I also learned to like to 'read' them--putting on captions, and finding out I was missing some interesting details without it. But I don't have that side interest at the moment, and the projects did not capture the attention of people wanted. Regardless, it is always interesting to find out that people 2 centuries ago were already working over some issues we have today.

I wrote something in the rendering of POLDARK and I'm currently viewing Graham's HOWARDS END.

Been watching sports mostly.

The Vancouver Canucks are my NHL team, so I've been watching them and listening to talk radio about them, etc.

Other than that, I've been watching a bit of Australian Open tennis, and the NFL post season. :)

Been watching sports mostly.

The Vancouver Canucks are my NHL team, so I've been watching them and listening to talk radio about them, etc.

Other than that, I've been watching a bit of Australian Open tennis, and the NFL post season. :)

We limit our television viewing.

But I do enjoy watching the US Men's and Women's National soccer teams. The women had a long string of winning until the Canadian Women's National team took Gold at the Olympics 2021. Congratulations! ⚽

I also enjoy the History Channel and Christian Documentaries.

The science docs by Christians are getting to a point of such high quality. See the Discovery Institute, or Genesis Apologetics, just to name a couple.

My wife dumped the TV when we got married (1986). Besides an occasional movie, we watch Little House on the Prairie and Walton reruns, lol.
One thing we don't watch is MSM news.
When my wife & I moved here and had little Tv or internet we bought DVDs of seasons of Little House on the Prarie a few movies and had little else. We used to joke and say "What's on tonite?" -- it was always a Little House night.

Finished watching 'The disappearance of Madeleine McCann' (all 8 episodes)

Watched it with mum, and at the end, she said it was a waste of time because nobody found her.

I watched 'A Little Princess'
It was a good movie. It kept quite close to the book, except they set it in US (Boston?) instead of London.

I watched the Lewis bio-pic. THE MOST RELUCTANT CONVERT. I have worked on script development and I was a bit surprised. It is very cerebral, bookish, heady. There are some segments where I know the subject, but it is written almost to make you unable to get it. I can't really call it a drama.

One of the rules of a script is to show a story (because you are dealing in the art media called motion-photography), not tell it. Once you start telling a story, you are a documentary, and autobiography.

I watched the Lewis bio-pic. THE MOST RELUCTANT CONVERT. I have worked on script development and I was a bit surprised. It is very cerebral, bookish, heady. There are some segments where I know the subject, but it is written almost to make you unable to get it. I can't really call it a drama.

One of the rules of a script is to show a story (because you are dealing in the art media called motion-photography), not tell it. Once you start telling a story, you are a documentary, and autobiography.
Shadowlands was also a good C.S. Lewis flick.

Shadowlands was also a good C.S. Lewis flick.
Yes, that was drama. I think this writer was very devoted to Lewis, but the question of how you 'show' the book SURPRISED BY JOY is not answered by working directly from it. In fact, it's not the kind of book you can show. It is his literary and mental wandering, which can only be a little slice of a biopic.

Yes, that was drama. I think this writer was very devoted to Lewis, but the question of how you 'show' the book SURPRISED BY JOY is not answered by working directly from it. In fact, it's not the kind of book you can show. It is his literary and mental wandering, which can only be a little slice of a biopic.
It's a bit difficult describing how God sneaks up on someone,...even if you are that someone.

Yesterday I tried to re-watch IMPROMPTU, a comedic account of a romantic attraction between Chopin and novelist G. Sands, in France, mid 1800s. I saw it over a year ago, while collecting bio-pics of better known artists, etc. Well, when the French ducchess first has the handful of artists out from Paris (she's starved for 'culture'), the first dinner is quite intriguing. She opens by asking 'I understand atheism is quite popular in Paris now; what do you say?'

The first answer from a sculptor was that 'God exists, but it is not worth putting effort into saying he does not.'

The 2nd was a priest who said 'God has left his marks all over the world, but everyone is trying to fill the marks with dust so that you cannot see them any more.'

The 3rd was a painter who said 'God is very sad about what the world has become, like in the days of Noah, but this time He's not talking to anyone about it.'

I was intrigued enough by these responses that I made up a handout sheet to use as an outreach. Who would refuse to look at a 'secular' movie excerpt about the famous Chopin and friends?

This year (yesterday) I just went to watch it again, and the scene is GONE! Garsh, is Amazon or the producer so worried about being politically correct 20 YEARS LATER that they have to remove a scene that is 'honest to God'? If so, it is rather disgusting that marketing or corporate interests can do this to a published-produced script. Which is why I wrote one of my novels about the BBC changing the gender of a character in a classic movie for the sake of 'equalization'.

I watch various things online. Once in a while I find something worth watching. Tiger Woods golf reruns, lions hunting buffalo, tornado videos, David Gilmore live performances, Dust video shorts (though many irritate me), war documentaries.
I sometimes watch selected videos on 2-house and commonwealth of Israel theology. I like watching videos about O.T. prophets and N.T. figures, as long as they're not pushing a certain sect. I occasionally watch services from Anaheim Vineyard and assorted Messianic congregations.
I am interested in megalithic architecture and am a fan of Brian Foerster.
I stopped watching T.V. in the '90s.

Back