What Defines God's Word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no desire to be confrontational with you. I do not know you at all. All I am saying to you is that the Word of God does not allow any person to see God at any time.

Exodus 33:20..........
"But, he said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.”

John 5:37 ................
“And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form".

John 1:18 .............
"No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

As for "no marks on the person" That alone should have convinced you that it was not Jesus Christ my friend.

John 20:20-29.............
"When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you.” breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld.”
Thomas, one of the Twelve, called the Twin, Greek Didymus' was not with them when Jesus came. “Unless I see in his hands the mark of the nails, and place my finger into the mark of the nails, and place my hand into his side, I will never believe.” Eight days later, his disciples were inside again, and Thomas was with them. Although the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.”“My Lord and my God!” blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

The Scriptures are clear and say that no one has ever seen God revealed in all His glory. In our fallen human condition, if God were to fully reveal Himself to us, we would be consumed and destroyed. God's omnipotence does not mean He can do all things. For example, He can do all things that are in keeping with His character. He cannot lie, He cannot sin, He cannot deny Himself, He cannot override one characteristic with another, He cannot diminish His holiness nor decrease His righteousness, He cannot create a being greater then Himself, and so on.

That means He can not be seen by one person as you described and not by others. That would nean God is a liar and as I just said, God cannot lie.

Acts 10:34......
"So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality".

But if you saw Jesus in all His glory then He would be showing you favoritism!!!

I am sure you saw something and your mind convinced you what you wanted to see but I can promise you on the authority of God's Word that you could not have seen the Lord Jesus Christ in all of His majesty and live.

God bless you and I pray that you will contemplate these Bible truths.
John, Daniel, Elijah, Paul, Moses all saw God and they lived. Rightly divide the word of God brother. Why not quote all the verses that show living men seeing God? Mount of Transfiguration - again.

I have no desire to be confrontational with you. I do not know you at all. All I am saying to you is that the Word of God does not allow any person to see God at any time.

Exodus 33:20..........
"But, he said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.”

John 5:37 ................
“And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form".

John 1:18 .............
"No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

As for "no marks on the person" That alone should have convinced you that it was not Jesus Christ my friend.

John 20:20-29.............
"When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you.” breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld.”
Thomas, one of the Twelve, called the Twin, Greek Didymus' was not with them when Jesus came. “Unless I see in his hands the mark of the nails, and place my finger into the mark of the nails, and place my hand into his side, I will never believe.” Eight days later, his disciples were inside again, and Thomas was with them. Although the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.”“My Lord and my God!” blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

The Scriptures are clear and say that no one has ever seen God revealed in all His glory. In our fallen human condition, if God were to fully reveal Himself to us, we would be consumed and destroyed. God's omnipotence does not mean He can do all things. For example, He can do all things that are in keeping with His character. He cannot lie, He cannot sin, He cannot deny Himself, He cannot override one characteristic with another, He cannot diminish His holiness nor decrease His righteousness, He cannot create a being greater then Himself, and so on.

That means He can not be seen by one person as you described and not by others. That would nean God is a liar and as I just said, God cannot lie.

Acts 10:34......
"So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality".

But if you saw Jesus in all His glory then He would be showing you favoritism!!!

I am sure you saw something and your mind convinced you what you wanted to see but I can promise you on the authority of God's Word that you could not have seen the Lord Jesus Christ in all of His majesty and live.

God bless you and I pray that you will contemplate these Bible truths.
I saw Jesus.
I'm sorry if this doesn't amalgamate politely with your knowledge.

Mathew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall SEE GOD.

Mathew 11:27 All things have been committed to me by my father. No one knows the son except the father and no one knows the father except the son and those to whom the SON CHOOSES TO REVEAL HIM.

If you have a problem with it take it up with Jesus not me.
That you believe God can not do all things and are willing to put my sanity in question is enough for me to turn away from this discussion. I'm a Jew, from a line of Orthodox Jews from the line of David, I didn't believe in Jesus before I saw him, there was no inner desire to see him!

Thank you.

I saw Jesus.

Mathew 11:27 All things have been committed to me by my father. No one knows the son except the father and no one knows the father except the son and those to whom the SON CHOOSES TO REVEAL HIM.

That you believe God can not do all things and are willing to put my sanity in question is enough for me to turn away from this discussion.
Thank you.

Sorry to here that. However my knowledge has nothing whatsoever to do with this. What I gave you was the Word of God and not my thinking or knowledge.

May God bless you with peace and Bible understanding.

John, Daniel, Elijah, Paul, Moses all saw God and they lived. Rightly divide the word of God brother. Why not quote all the verses that show living men seeing God? Mount of Transfiguration - again.

Rightly divide??? Lets do that.

What I stated was that no one has seen God in all of His glory.

The Bible clearly tells us, in several places, that NO ONE has ever seen the Being of the Godhead known as the Father in Exodus 33:19 - 20, John 1:17 - 18, 5:37, 6:46, 1John 4:12, 1Timothy 6:15 - 16, et. The Bible says that several people in the Bible did see a pre-incarnate Jesus Christ such as Jacob in Genesis 32:24 - 38 and Job 42:1, 5. And, of course, many people saw Jesus or God the Son during his ministry on earth in 1John 4:14.

Telling people I've seen Jesus (I didn't say God, but Jesus and God are one hence the relevancy of the quoted scriptures) has caused controversy and hurt in my life, there are a lot of people that have cut me off for not lying to appease them, and I will not lie and say it didn't happen. I'm sorry, I'm not willing to suffer and be judged and end up crying on here too.

Sorry to here that. However my knowledge has nothing whatsoever to do with this. What I gave you was the Word of God and not my thinking or knowledge.

May God bless you with peace and Bible understanding.
Dont forget Jesus got His new body just like we will. Remember He said touch me for spirit has no flesh and bones........Nothing mentioned of Blood because it is the glory of God in those veins. She said she saw Jesus..........You quote scripture about seeing God. See the problem here ?

Bottom Line if she said she saw Jesus then she saw Jesus. Case closed.
God Bless my friend

By what authority are you stating these are not "uninspired"?
Because the writers of Job, Numbers, Jeremiah, and Genesis seem to see four of these books as inspired by God, and so did our early Church founders. Including the disciples.

I haven't stated that these are not uninspired. I am saying they are uninspired.

1 Timothy 1:15-16...........
"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners— of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life."

Paul used the present tense when calling himself a sinner........I am!..Surely that means that all the rest of us are sinners as well.

We are regenerated in our human spirit, given a new nature, but the old nature has not been removed.

What does the Bible say about sin and what is the biblical definition?

The Bible says in 1 John 3:4 that...........
“Sin is the transgression of the law”.

So any command by God that is not obeyed perfectly would be defined as sin. The apostle John makes it clear in 1 Jn.5:17....
All unrighteousness is sin”.

So one would have to be perfectly righteous to not sin any longer. Paul also states in Romans 14:23 that...........
for whatsoever is not of faith is sin”.

That my friends would have to include everything we do.

And James makes a general statement about ones conscience and omission in James 4:17.
Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin".

With these basic guidelines (and there are more) we can understand what the Bible defines as sin and how we are to act to not be considered participating in sin.

It is only after we have a new nature that we can even do good! And it comes from our new nature not the old. As Paul makes clear in Romans 7:18...........
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing”.

Everyone has Sin, believers and non-believers alike. The Bible states: “all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” in Romans 3:23. We have a fallen nature and for this reason we need to be born again or have a spiritual birth. Adam introduced sin. It resulted in both spiritual and physical death for him, spiritual first. Only Adam became a sinner by sinning. We die physically because of Adam’s sin passed on to all succeeding generations spiritually, genetically. We are all born with a built-in death warrant, which is our sin nature, because we have inherited this sin nature from Adam. We are born already spiritually dead.

There are now two definitions of people: unbelievers (sinners) and believers (saints). God’s children are now called “saints,” and He calls the unredeemed “sinners”.

Rom. 1:7..........
‘To all who are in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints.”

Rom. 5:8...........
“while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. "

Sinners are those who practice sin, this terminology is used to identify the ungodly, who live an ungodly life. Yet believers still sin, and it is because we still have a sinful nature. Many say we are no longer sinners and we are now saints, this becomes a problem of semantics. In the practical sense we are not sinners, but are still sinful. We have a positional change as well as a nature change. Sin is a nature that is in all mankind, NO man on earth does not have this fallen nature. They have been born with it and when we are born again we do not lose it, it is put aside as the ruling power over us.

Major this is what you say........... it is put aside as the ruling power over us

Now come on major..............to say sin is a ruling power over us is to say we are week, mindles slaves to our old sin nature. Now scripture tells us different. We have been through this over and over and over and over again and I will simply take what Jesus said as truth over everything else. (y) Please dont let that sound bad for it is not. :ROFLMAO:

Since His blood set us free of this sin nature - well to stay a slave to it would simply be a sin in the act of not taking God at His word. Just as you quoted - if we do what we know we should not then it is a sin. God said to ...........
Galatians 5:16 and Romans 12:2 and 2 Corinthians 10:4-5

Romans 12:2 ....
And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God

(( Get His word in you each and every day and speak His word each and every day ))

2 Corinthians 10:4-5
4... For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to pulling down strong holds
5... Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

(( Begin to practice the words you speak and thoughts you think for our thoughts and words to control how we act or react and believe. Our own words do more do influence our thinking then most of everything else. ))

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh

(( The more you do the first two the more you will begin to walk in the Spirit and you will be amazed to say the least. ))

All done through the Grace of God - who maketh all grace abound to me. ( 2 Corinthians 9:8 )

Now then Major do tell me how any born again believer born of incoruptable seed the ever living word of God - whom puts forth the effort to do what is writtne above of His word - could ever stay a slave or have this old sin nature as a ruling power over us ?

Yes we as believers miss it now and then - we take Grace and run right to Him and admit it and repent ( change our course of action ) and move on.

Further more your quote from Paul really has not effect in this. Lets look at the entire realm of His saying this. Now Paul was teaching new Christians......Remember this is all new to them. They had no bible or church on every corner. This new gospel under the new covenant was hard for people to wrap their mind around. All they knew was the law and how bad they were and now under this new covenant they are being told they are loved and blessed and so forth.

Paul had to teach them............you teach with words - and examples........ I was the worse of sinners BUT God through His Mercy and Grace forgave me so your sins aint nothen compared to what this sinner did.... Paul is not claiming nor teaching that we are always going to be sinners. No Sir...........He was teaching how Great Gods Mercy Is and How Much He Loves Them and How Much He will Forgive them.

Oh breath easy my friend I am done. lol
Now then Please dont any one think that Myself or Major are at one another. I have the utter most respect for Major and he knows this and I enjoy hashing through things with him for it makes me dig deeper in Gods written word and I learn things. Major is well aware of this.

Maybe that little disclaimer will keep us in the clear Major. lol
Have a great week
God Bless
Jim

My dear brother. Not one of the apocryphal books is written in the Hebrew language, which was alone used by the inspired historians and poets of the Old Testament. All Apocryphal books are in Greek, except one which is extant only in Latin.

I will accept your challenge to be shown exactly why these books are not in the Scriptures and give you several examples:

1). Only the book of Maccabees forms the basis for the doctrine of purgatory in the Catholic faith.

2 Maccabees 12:43-45, .........
"2.000 pieces of silver were sent to Jerusalem for a sin-offering...Whereupon he made reconciliation for the dead, that they might be delivered from sin."

2). These books say that Salvation is by works.

Ecclesiasticus 3:30.........
"Water will quench a flaming fire, and alms maketh atonement for sin. "
Tobit 12:8-9, 17...............
" It is better to give alms than to lay up gold; for alms doth deliver from death, and shall purge away all sin."

3). They declare Magic to be acceptable:.

Tobit 6:5-8......
" If the Devil, or an evil spirit troubles anyone, they can be driven away by making a smoke of the heart, liver, and gall of a fish...and the Devil will smell it, and flee away, and never come again anymore."

4). They teach that Mary was born sinless.

Wisdom 8:19-20............
" And I was a witty child and had received a good soul. And whereas I was more good, I came to a body undefiled."

5). The book Enoch teaches heresy.

Book of Enoch 40:9...............
"Having seen and whose words I have heard and written down?’ And he said to me: ‘This first is Michael, the merciful and long-suffering: and the second, who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael: and the third, who is set over all the powers, is Gabriel: and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.’
10 And these are the four angels of the Lord of Spirits and the four voices I heard in those days. "

My dear brother, the Bible never mentions an angel named Phanuel, let alone an angel who is set over the repentance of those who inherit eternal life. That is total blasphemy! That statement in itself contradicts everything the Word of God teaches.

We read in 1st Timothy 2:5 that Jesus Christ is the ONLY Mediator between God and men, not some angel named Phanuel...
"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

Repentance is strictly between a man and Jesus Christ alone. Only Jesus died for our sins, and shed His blood to pay for them (1st Peter 1:18-19); therefore, we must be diligent to guard and defend against LIARS and imposters who would lead people to believe otherwise. 1st John 2:22 clearly indicts all Christ-deniers as LIARS, guilty before God.

I can give you more if you so need but that should be enough to answer your challenge to be shown.

Thanks for doing the research to show why these books were not included in the Bible. For me it is an answer to prayer. Blessings

I saw Jesus.

That you believe God can not do all things and are willing to put my sanity in question is enough for me to turn away from this discussion. I'm a Jew, from a line of Orthodox Jews from the line of David, I didn't believe in Jesus before I saw him, there was no inner desire to see him!

Thank you.

Be of good cheer. You are in right standing with God and we are blessed to have you in you in our life. God Bless!

Thank you, you guys have been a blessing.
I wanted to say I shouldn't have gotten even a little upset, no one has to believe me and my hurtful experiences have nothing to do with anyone else but me and it's wrong of me to get upset with anyone for believing in what they believe and have learned.
I hope you all see Jesus, I really do, I hope you all see reality like I did, from the deepest part of my soul I hope you do.

Major this is what you say........... it is put aside as the ruling power over us

Now come on major..............to say sin is a ruling power over us is to say we are week, mindles slaves to our old sin nature. Now scripture tells us different. We have been through this over and over and over and over again and I will simply take what Jesus said as truth over everything else. (y) Please dont let that sound bad for it is not. :ROFLMAO:

Since His blood set us free of this sin nature - well to stay a slave to it would simply be a sin in the act of not taking God at His word. Just as you quoted - if we do what we know we should not then it is a sin. God said to ...........
Galatians 5:16 and Romans 12:2 and 2 Corinthians 10:4-5

Romans 12:2 ....
And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God

(( Get His word in you each and every day and speak His word each and every day ))

2 Corinthians 10:4-5
4... For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to pulling down strong holds
5... Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

(( Begin to practice the words you speak and thoughts you think for our thoughts and words to control how we act or react and believe. Our own words do more do influence our thinking then most of everything else. ))

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh

(( The more you do the first two the more you will begin to walk in the Spirit and you will be amazed to say the least. ))

All done through the Grace of God - who maketh all grace abound to me. ( 2 Corinthians 9:8 )

Now then Major do tell me how any born again believer born of incoruptable seed the ever living word of God - whom puts forth the effort to do what is writtne above of His word - could ever stay a slave or have this old sin nature as a ruling power over us ?

Yes we as believers miss it now and then - we take Grace and run right to Him and admit it and repent ( change our course of action ) and move on.

Further more your quote from Paul really has not effect in this. Lets look at the entire realm of His saying this. Now Paul was teaching new Christians......Remember this is all new to them. They had no bible or church on every corner. This new gospel under the new covenant was hard for people to wrap their mind around. All they knew was the law and how bad they were and now under this new covenant they are being told they are loved and blessed and so forth.

Paul had to teach them............you teach with words - and examples........ I was the worse of sinners BUT God through His Mercy and Grace forgave me so your sins aint nothen compared to what this sinner did.... Paul is not claiming nor teaching that we are always going to be sinners. No Sir...........He was teaching how Great Gods Mercy Is and How Much He Loves Them and How Much He will Forgive them.

Oh breath easy my friend I am done. lol
Now then Please dont any one think that Myself or Major are at one another. I have the utter most respect for Major and he knows this and I enjoy hashing through things with him for it makes me dig deeper in Gods written word and I learn things. Major is well aware of this.

Maybe that little disclaimer will keep us in the clear Major. lol
Have a great week
God Bless
Jim

Once again (About the 10th time actually) we have the problem.

Jim said ............
"could ever stay a slave or have this old sin nature as a ruling power over us ?"

Here is the problem in a nut shell.........."I have never said that".

Again, here is Jim's words.............
"Since His blood set us free of this sin nature - well to stay a slave to it would simply be a sin in the act of not taking God at His word".

I did not say that!!!!!

Again, allow me to say clearly what my position on this is Jim. And I agree with my brother. We are not angry at each other but instead have deep respect for each others point of view on the things we talk about.

So then........For the truly converted, saved people, to continue to live in known sin is not an option. WHY????
Because our conversion resulted in a completely new nature, our desire is to no longer live in sin. However, it does not require a doctors degree in theology to know that we all still sin, but instead of wallowing in it as we once did, we now hate it and wish to be delivered from it. The idea of “taking advantage” of Christ’s sacrifice on our behalf by continuing to live sinfully is unthinkable. If a person believes himself to be a Christian and still desires to live the old, sinful life, he has reason to doubt his salvation.

Romans 6:11-15 declares........
“In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires".

So lets bring this to an end and allow all of us to put theology into practical use.

No one is going to convince me that every single human being does not have the old flesh and sin nature temp him in some way on a regular basis. The thing that causes new Christians to struggle the most is the conflict between their new identity and their old identity. They think that once they are saved, they will no longer battle the desires of the flesh and will live a perfect life. That is untrue; in fact, the battle can feel stronger because before becoming a Christian, there was no struggle. That is reality!!!!!

The last thing the devil wants is for a person to accept Jesus Christ as his personal Savior. Once a person does that, the only thing the devil can do is dangle temptations and lies in his face. If Satan can cause a person to believe that he or she is failing and will never be good enough, then he has achieved his purpose: to keep a believer from living in the fullness of God's grace.

The Apostle Paul struggled with this on a daily basis. In Romans, he describes his inner struggle perfectly. I can say it no better, so I will quote the entire passage.

Romans 7:15-20:.............
"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is the sin living in me that does it."

Now we can come up with all kinds of ideas and opinions and thoughts and denominational teaching but the passage in Romans 7 is either true or it is false. You can make it say anything that your heart desires but there it is in the written Word.

Paul is saying that even though he has accepted Christ and is actively serving Him, he still battles with his flesh. That is the actual words. We are called as believers to trample on that flesh and die to it daily. However, we will fail at times and, as Paul says in the next chapter..........
"Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death."

Thank you, you guys have been a blessing.
I wanted to say I shouldn't have gotten even a little upset, no one has to believe me and my hurtful experiences have nothing to do with anyone else but me and it's wrong of me to get upset with anyone for believing in what they believe and have learned.
I hope you all see Jesus, I really do, I hope you all see reality like I did, from the deepest part of my soul I hope you do.

My dear friend. I had no desire to hurt you or argue your feelings. My only thought was to enlighten you to the words of the Bible that you might be informed and know what it might have been that you saw.

My goal and calling to be here on this site is to educate as best I can those who seem to not know Biblical doctrines and I apologize if that was a problem to you.

MEN DISCLUDED. Not God, and no, I don't believe that God appeared to them or spoke to them and told them to leave out more of His word. I just don't.

What you are proposing is that for well over 1000 years (25-30% of mankinds time on earth) God was not ok with the completeness of His word among us? Have to disagree. If God inspired the writers, God definitely inspired those who collated and translated His words.

Have you even read 1 Enoch?
I have.
So have the authors of Genesis, Jeremiah, Jude, and oh yeah, the New testament too.
Also, Enoch was the first ever human being to be raptured, taken up to heaven, so, although you may not trust the book because men did not put it into the English cannon (it is in the Latin, Othrodox, and Ethypoian ones) then that is your problem, but please read it before saying that.

Yes I have, and in fact have a copy right here in my hand.

Dont forget Jesus got His new body just like we will. Remember He said touch me for spirit has no flesh and bones........Nothing mentioned of Blood because it is the glory of God in those veins. She said she saw Jesus..........You quote scripture about seeing God. See the problem here ?

Bottom Line if she said she saw Jesus then she saw Jesus. Case closed.
God Bless my friend

So you are willing to discount the Scriptures that you so adamantly say you accept because someone says that they saw Jesus.

Are those Scriptures about man being unable to see God in His glory are false???? Do you see the problem there Jim.

2nd Cor. 11:14.......
"And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light."

Do we also remove this passage from the Scriptures. Do you see the downward path we take when we accept the things said by man instead of the Word of God????

Deut. 4:2.......
"You shall not add to the word that I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God that I command you."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back