What did God say we are to do again when we are feeling weary?

May I say to you my friend that most of us, (and most will not admit this), live our lives in "chains" not realizing that we had the key to those chains all along!

There is nothing sinister or evil to think that you need to change jobs.

OK.....your job is paying your bills....I got that. May I ask you this...…..did you have a job before you had the one you have now?

You are a "Planner". Then do some planning. Every pay check put some money in a saving account. When you have enough saved that in your mind you can take less pay than you are getting now, you will then have some back up to go out and find another job.

BUT...…...You just might find a new job making more and allowing you to have joy in your life.

I worked 30 years in the same position. The last 10 years I spent planning to leave that job. I went to school, took extra classes, saved money and then cam a day that I was able to do just what I told you...…..leave and find joy and still pay the bills and actually have more of an income than I had.

God can and will do wonderful things for us when we use the key to unlock our chains.

What is that "KEY"????

I believe that it is OBEDIENCE!

With our own hands, and minds we forged the chains that bind us, and we now lack the power to free ourselves from them. We want to do what we want to do and cannot escape. Our only hope lies outside ourselves, in the One who loves us and gave himself up for us.

Jesus Christ, who says, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me” (Mark 8:34). Following Jesus means taking steps forward in what might be called “the obedience of faith”—moving steadily away from our former areas of disobedience and back into the will of God.

Blessing my dear friend!
What you have said is very powerful. I do feel that way. I feel very trapped. I have never wanted to just settle with just anything and just keep doing this until I die. I wouldhave wasted the time God has blessed me with.I see people doing that everyday around me and that's depressing. You feel almost as if well if they have been stuck here for 20 years what makes me think i'm so special. You know when people say that if you want to succeed in life then you need to hang around like-minded people. I believe that to be true now. As here, they more complain instead of trying to be better. And that in itself creates extra stress and with extra stress you mind isnt as creative as it should be. I have realized that my friends are complainers more than doers. I love my friends but i guess i need to learn to drown out the noise and get more in tune with God. Funny thing is they are Christians as well.

I never regretted leaving a toxic work envrironment. The last job I left I didnt have anything secure to fall back on but I just did more training instead and God provided me with a better one after a few months. I prayed and asked Him and He showed me I had suffered enough (management was being real bullying- they were nice at first, but then just turned nasty on me)

As for rent save up a few months worth so you have something up your sleeve. Stay with your folks if you have to. Dont do anything you wouldnt do if you were not paid. Sometimes the reward needs to be the work itself.

As said before we must obey God rather than man. Thats faith. Abraham did not know where God was taking him, he just knew he had to leave Ur. Lot dithered about leaving sodom and gomorrah but kinda left it to the last moment to leave. Dont be like Lot. A toxic envrionment is only going to get worse and its not going to benefit by you staying there. Thats just a delusion satan sends to convince people to stay in his clutches.

That is amazing! The fact that you worked somewhere for 24 years and enjoyed it that's amazing! Good luck with your new job! I hope you greatly enjoy it!
Phoenix111,

My first job was serving in the US Army. To be honest with you, if I could change one thing, it would be to have decided to retire after only 24 years. I should have gone for the 35 year plan. I retired because I thought it was time, but it really was not. I just did not like the direction my organization was moving towards and decided to retire before I became unhappy. Had I stayed, and I should have listened to my boss, I would have done 35 years and not needed to work ever again.

I am really enjoying my new job, evident by the fact that I got home at 3:15 today and spent my whole day doing things I enjoy and out in the field (do not like being at the office). All I have to do is text my boss to tell her where I am.

It was not all by luck and I did have to work hard at it. This is all what God had planned for me and I am thankful. I always keep in mind; however, that everything can change in a New York minute. I know this to be true, because it all changed for me in January. I went through some really serious dark times, but I came out the other end so much better. It was 140 days of hard times, but, taking into account what I gained in the process, I am glad it happened.

rtm3039

Sometimes i feel a bit of guilt. I am grateful I have a job that afford me the opportunity to pay my bills. So thankful for that. Other than the fact that the environment is toxic. Deep down I feel this nudge, that I am wasting my time. Everyday I come to work I feel this nudge. I know I shouldnt be here but then I don't now how to get out and i mean, the job pays my rent so that gets a little confusing. I feel the nudge but what I am i suppose to do now? What is God trying to tell me? Which direction is he trying to take me? So many questions :)
I dont think it's wise to leap unless I have something to leap into. You see I am a planner. And so i get anxiety when there is no plan, hence the reason I can't just leave. But God has this in his hands. And i guess sooner or later I will see what he was trying to do all along
"Phoenix111,

I get it. I am a planner too. Up until January 11th, I had it planned out until I thought I was going to retire (10 years from now). You should have seen my spreadsheet. I had it all figured out, but just assumed things would not change. On January 12th, I deleted the Excel worksheet, because everything had changed.

I tell you a funny things about God. My loss turned be back towards faith (which, I might add, was made a whole lot easier with the help of some of the folks in this forum). As some of us here have discussed, God got tired of knocking on the door and just decided to blow the door off its hinges. I applied for over 120 jobs and got very few bites. It got so bad, that I started to use a resume that did not list all of my education and experience. I have three master's and 37 years of experience, but was turning in resumes with only a bachelor's degree and I went back (experience) for only 10 years..

When I interviewed for the position I now have, I was sure I had blown the interview, So sure I was of this that I texted the wife and told her I would not see a second interview. By the time I got home from the first interview, I had an email waiting and telling me I had made it to round two. I did much better in round two, but was sure I did not do well enough to recover from what I thought was a horrible round one. I know God had a hand in this, because, during the second interview, most of the questions I thought I had blown in the first interview were asked again and the second board did not include anyone that was on the first board. A week later, I got the job offer.

Now I have been there for almost two weeks and have gotten to know some of the people who were on the board that interviewed me. As it turns out, according to them, I did such a good job in the first interview that they already knew I would be recommended. Go figure.

Now I tell you this. During my tribulations I asked God for many things. Many were far beyond what He promised to do for us. As you know, He promises to get us through it, not fix it. With NOT a single exception, God granted me everything I asked for - I MEAN EVERY THING. He did not just forgive me for my sins and welcome be back home, looks like He went beyond what I had expected and took care of every single need (and want) I had. And, it's still going. One of the "things" I asked God for help with, back in March, he just answered yesterday.

Every morning, with out fail, I get up, go outside, and have a moment with my Lord. I give thanks for the many blessings he has given me, tell him what I have planned for the day, and how I would like the day to end. At night, as the last thing I do, I go back outside and we go through my day. I again thank Him and look forward to doing it again the following morning. Some times, I even pray while I am going to sleep and during my drive to and from work.

Look, I know that my particular tribulation has ended, but it's only a matter of time until my next tribulation. This is just how life it. There will come a time when what I ask for will not be possible, but I now know how my story ends and I like it.

In my darkest hours, I found God, I was saved, found a church I really feel good about, am now a member of their volunteer security team, am part of two bible study groups, and am waiting to join their prison ministry. I found a job that includes less hours (7 to 3 vs. 7 to 5); pays me more than I need; I get to spend most of the time in the field; and, out of the 120 jobs I applied for, this was the one I wanted the most. God is good and I will never take that for granted again!

rtm

Last edited:
May I say to you my friend that most of us, (and most will not admit this), live our lives in "chains" not realizing that we had the key to those chains all along! There is nothing sinister or evil to think that you need to change jobs.
OK.....your job is paying your bills....I got that. May I ask you this...…..did you have a job before you had the one you have now?
You are a "Planner". Then do some planning. Every pay check put some money in a saving account. When you have enough saved that in your mind you can take less pay than you are getting now, you will then have some back up to go out and find another job. BUT...…...You just might find a new job making more and allowing you to have joy in your life. I worked 30 years in the same position. The last 10 years I spent planning to leave that job. I went to school, took extra classes, saved money and then cam a day that I was able to do just what I told you...…..leave and find joy and still pay the bills and actually have more of an income than I had. God can and will do wonderful things for us when we use the key to unlock our chains. What is that "KEY"???? I believe that it is OBEDIENCE! With our own hands, and minds we forged the chains that bind us, and we now lack the power to free ourselves from them. We want to do what we want to do and cannot escape. Our only hope lies outside ourselves, in the One who loves us and gave himself up for us. Jesus Christ, who says, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me” (Mark 8:34). Following Jesus means taking steps forward in what might be called “the obedience of faith”—moving steadily away from our former areas of disobedience and back into the will of God.
Blessing my dear friend!

Hello Pastor;

Thank you for your post. Lots of warmth in what you are sharing. "We had the key to those chains all along"

In John 14:13-14, 13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

Your 30 years in the one job had to be many times of challenges, challenges where others would have thrown in the towel instead of just asking Jesus.

God bless you, Major, and your family.

The hard part is keeping that up. I try every day to be content and treat people with respect as I feel like as Christians we shouldnt allow anyone to steal our joy. But sometimes it's challenging

Hello Phoenix111;

I was really touched by you initiating your thread and the responses from everyone. I agree with you, it is hard but want to praise God for keeping your "heart of worship." God wants to see our best attitudes in all circumstances.

But again, it is hard
and from what the others have shared, God is always so much higher than hard, He sees our weariness and will respond to whatever you ask for, seek first His Kingdom.

I'm praying God will refresh you and also your job situation. Hang in there!

God bless you, Phoenix111, and your family.

What you have said is very powerful. I do feel that way. I feel very trapped. I have never wanted to just settle with just anything and just keep doing this until I die. I wouldhave wasted the time God has blessed me with.I see people doing that everyday around me and that's depressing. You feel almost as if well if they have been stuck here for 20 years what makes me think i'm so special. You know when people say that if you want to succeed in life then you need to hang around like-minded people. I believe that to be true now. As here, they more complain instead of trying to be better. And that in itself creates extra stress and with extra stress you mind isnt as creative as it should be. I have realized that my friends are complainers more than doers. I love my friends but i guess i need to learn to drown out the noise and get more in tune with God. Funny thing is they are Christians as well.

My dear friend...…..doors were made for opening.

Yes, your friends may be Christians but they may not be on the same level of understanding as you are.

My dear friend...…..doors were made for opening.

Yes, your friends may be Christians but they may not be on the same level of understanding as you are.
I'm kind of in the same boat, as it pertains to friends. I have a very small circle of friends. They all believe in God, but none have committed to Him to the same level I have (well, this obviously excludes the friends I am making here and at my church). I have many friends through my wife and they too claim to be love God, but are not as committed as I am. I guess this applies to my wife and children too. None have issues with my faith or commitment. In fact, they are happy and very supportive, just not ready to make the same commitment.

None of this is causing any friction at home, but not sure if I should be doing anything else.

rtm3039

Good news one of my friends been praying for told me yesterday shes found full time work in her field (social work) close to home hooray! We been praying for about two years now since she graduated.

She had to do several jobs in meantime to get by and some of her employers and work environments werent very good!

We can pray for you OP that God have something better for you. He hears your cries.

Ive had terrible times in some workplaces but just kept praying and praying.

I'm kind of in the same boat, as it pertains to friends. I have a very small circle of friends. They all believe in God, but none have committed to Him to the same level I have (well, this obviously excludes the friends I am making here and at my church). I have many friends through my wife and they too claim to be love God, but are not as committed as I am. I guess this applies to my wife and children too. None have issues with my faith or commitment. In fact, they are happy and very supportive, just not ready to make the same commitment.

None of this is causing any friction at home, but not sure if I should be doing anything else.

rtm3039

I believe that you should do what the Holy SPirt moves you to do. He is not going to have you do anything that would cause family problems.

I believe that you should do what the Holy SPirt moves you to do. He is not going to have you do anything that would cause family problems.
Major,

My wire (Irene) has always told me that she would never leave be, because I have really good health insurance. To be on the safe side, I always make sure I pay that bill early.

We have had conversations about this. She is where she is (spiritually) and I am where I am. As long as I make room for her, I am pretty safe to do what the Holy Spirit asks of me. I assume that, if I shave my head, start wearing a white robe, and spend my evenings walking around the neighborhood "saving" people, she might have an issue with that, but I would too.

She does not volunteer at the church, but that is because she is a teacher and already volunteers for school projects a great deal.

For the moment, we are in a good place and I pray that this does not change.

Thanks,

Ray

"Phoenix111,

I get it. I am a planner too. Up until January 11th, I had it planned out until I thought I was going to retire (10 years from now). You should have seen my spreadsheet. I had it all figured out, but just assumed things would not change. On January 12th, I deleted the Excel worksheet, because everything had changed.

I tell you a funny things about God. My loss turned be back towards faith (which, I might add, was made a whole lot easier with the help of some of the folks in this forum). As some of us here have discussed, God got tired of knocking on the door and just decided to blow the door off its hinges. I applied for over 120 jobs and got very few bites. It got so bad, that I started to use a resume that did not list all of my education and experience. I have three master's and 37 years of experience, but was turning in resumes with only a bachelor's degree and I went back (experience) for only 10 years..

When I interviewed for the position I now have, I was sure I had blown the interview, So sure I was of this that I texted the wife and told her I would not see a second interview. By the time I got home from the first interview, I had an email waiting and telling me I had made it to round two. I did much better in round two, but was sure I did not do well enough to recover from what I thought was a horrible round one. I know God had a hand in this, because, during the second interview, most of the questions I thought I had blown in the first interview were asked again and the second board did not include anyone that was on the first board. A week later, I got the job offer.

Now I have been there for almost two weeks and have gotten to know some of the people who were on the board that interviewed me. As it turns out, according to them, I did such a good job in the first interview that they already knew I would be recommended. Go figure.

Now I tell you this. During my tribulations I asked God for many things. Many were far beyond what He promised to do for us. As you know, He promises to get us through it, not fix it. With NOT a single exception, God granted me everything I asked for - I MEAN EVERY THING. He did not just forgive me for my sins and welcome be back home, looks like He went beyond what I had expected and took care of every single need (and want) I had. And, it's still going. One of the "things" I asked God for help with, back in March, he just answered yesterday.

Every morning, with out fail, I get up, go outside, and have a moment with my Lord. I give thanks for the many blessings he has given me, tell him what I have planned for the day, and how I would like the day to end. At night, as the last thing I do, I go back outside and we go through my day. I again thank Him and look forward to doing it again the following morning. Some times, I even pray while I am going to sleep and during my drive to and from work.

Look, I know that my particular tribulation has ended, but it's only a matter of time until my next tribulation. This is just how life it. There will come a time when what I ask for will not be possible, but I now know how my story ends and I like it.

In my darkest hours, I found God, I was saved, found a church I really feel good about, am now a member of their volunteer security team, am part of two bible study groups, and am waiting to join their prison ministry. I found a job that includes less hours (7 to 3 vs. 7 to 5); pays me more than I need; I get to spend most of the time in the field; and, out of the 120 jobs I applied for, this was the one I wanted the most. God is good and I will never take that for granted again!

rtm
Wow! I am happy i asked this question here. I dont feel so lonely anymore. I have sent out so many resumes and just like you said...few bites. It's been countless....we are sorry letters and thank you though for applying letters. I still keep applying though as I tell myself that it doesnt cost me anything to send a resume. But everytime i get an emailed response my heart and hope falter little. That's what gets me the most, the fact that i have been trying,knocking and nothing seems to be happening. But your story gives me renewed hope :)
I am happy you have found something new that you enjoy. Life is just too amazing to settle for less

I never regretted leaving a toxic work envrironment. The last job I left I didnt have anything secure to fall back on but I just did more training instead and God provided me with a better one after a few months. I prayed and asked Him and He showed me I had suffered enough (management was being real bullying- they were nice at first, but then just turned nasty on me)

As for rent save up a few months worth so you have something up your sleeve. Stay with your folks if you have to. Dont do anything you wouldnt do if you were not paid. Sometimes the reward needs to be the work itself.

As said before we must obey God rather than man. Thats faith. Abraham did not know where God was taking him, he just knew he had to leave Ur. Lot dithered about leaving sodom and gomorrah but kinda left it to the last moment to leave. Dont be like Lot. A toxic envrionment is only going to get worse and its not going to benefit by you staying there. Thats just a delusion satan sends to convince people to stay in his clutches.
Yes! Ive been trying to save as much as possible. I really love that example of Abraham and Lot.

"Phoenix111,

rtm
This is amazing!

Hello Pastor;

Thank you for your post. Lots of warmth in what you are sharing. "We had the key to those chains all along"

In John 14:13-14, 13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

Your 30 years in the one job had to be many times of challenges, challenges where others would have thrown in the towel instead of just asking Jesus.

God bless you, Major, and your family.

Hello Phoenix111;

I was really touched by you initiating your thread and the responses from everyone. I agree with you, it is hard but want to praise God for keeping your "heart of worship." God wants to see our best attitudes in all circumstances.

But again, it is hard
and from what the others have shared, God is always so much higher than hard, He sees our weariness and will respond to whatever you ask for, seek first His Kingdom.

I'm praying God will refresh you and also your job situation. Hang in there!

God bless you, Phoenix111, and your family.
Thank you so much! God bless you!

The responses have been blessing to me. I truly appreciate this community in times like this when i feel like the world has beaten me up and spit me out and i need a little tlc for my faith so that i feel renewed and ready for the fight again. God bless you guys!

Wow! I am happy i asked this question here. I dont feel so lonely anymore. I have sent out so many resumes and just like you said...few bites. It's been countless....we are sorry letters and thank you though for applying letters. I still keep applying though as I tell myself that it doesnt cost me anything to send a resume. But everytime i get an emailed response my heart and hope falter little. That's what gets me the most, the fact that i have been trying,knocking and nothing seems to be happening. But your story gives me renewed hope :)
I am happy you have found something new that you enjoy. Life is just too amazing to settle for less
Phoenix111,

Yes, it is frustrating. On a couple of occasions, they just flat told me I was over qualified.

This was going to be settled quickly. Right after I left my old job, I was offered a better job for much more money. Everything was going well, until the bank (BB&T) started to merge with a local Florida bank and they placed a hold on all new hires. That opened the window for about 110 days of mostly disappointment.

It just takes time, but it is not an easy time.

Trust in God and wait it out (what else can you do?). I started every morning by asking myself a questions: "If there anything else I can do?" If the answer was no, then the rest was in God's hands.

Ray

Phoenix111,

Yes, it is frustrating. On a couple of occasions, they just flat told me I was over qualified.

This was going to be settled quickly. Right after I left my old job, I was offered a better job for much more money. Everything was going well, until the bank (BB&T) started to merge with a local Florida bank and they placed a hold on all new hires. That opened the window for about 110 days of mostly disappointment.

It just takes time, but it is not an easy time.

Trust in God and wait it out (what else can you do?). I started every morning by asking myself a questions: "If there anything else I can do?" If the answer was no, then the rest was in God's hands.

Ray
That is true. So now i just......wait

Major,

My wire (Irene) has always told me that she would never leave be, because I have really good health insurance. To be on the safe side, I always make sure I pay that bill early.

We have had conversations about this. She is where she is (spiritually) and I am where I am. As long as I make room for her, I am pretty safe to do what the Holy Spirit asks of me. I assume that, if I shave my head, start wearing a white robe, and spend my evenings walking around the neighborhood "saving" people, she might have an issue with that, but I would too.

She does not volunteer at the church, but that is because she is a teacher and already volunteers for school projects a great deal.

For the moment, we are in a good place and I pray that this does not change.

Thanks,

Ray

Good news.

It has been my observation that the spouse who quietly lives his Christianity gives off a testimony to his spouse that what he is doing is Christilike and that will make an impression.

Sometimes......the one who talks the most actually does the least.

Back