What Does Baptism Mean To You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google this..." Jesus and Wine" by Chris Wilhoit...This Brother is right on target.
Why? The scriptures are clear. Why go to some religious teacher to explain away by mans tradition what is evident in Gods Word?? Maybe I should suggest to you that you STOP going to these white painted tombs, and trust the Spirit of truth within you, that wants to see you free from all this religious bondage.

Ga 5:1 ¶ Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Google this..." Jesus and Wine" by Chris Wilhoit...This Brother is right on target.
Lynn W....Thank you for your comment...God Bless.

Sometimes it is hard to pull down strongholds when The Devil is guiding others to resist the truth no matter what us proven or shown. Jesus told His Apostles this:

John 12 v 48: " He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him: The word that I have Spoken, The same will judge him in the last day" Amen

and This.....
John 15 v 18: " If the World hates you, You know it hated me before it hated you".

Amen..

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of our conduct and
As it is written...As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as He who called you is Holy, so be holy in all you do. 1 Peter 3 16
Also, if you love Me, keep my commands. John 14:15

It's about our motives for obedience. If we obey to recieve salvation its legalism. If we obey because we love Him its obedience... In other words it's following Christ!

God bless you!
Well if we walk in faith and love we keep all the commandments of God, old and new. But it is the Spirit of God, working righteousness through us, therein God receives the glory.

Why? The scriptures are clear. Why go to some religious teacher to explain away by mans tradition what is evident in Gods Word?? Maybe I should suggest to you that you STOP going to these white painted tombs, and trust the Spirit of truth within you, that wants to see you free from all this religious bondage.

Ga 5:1 ¶ Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Solo your saying Galatians 5 v 1 we are to drink and drink to our hearts content Alcohol, because the OT is now over...so nothing but NT?
Let me let you in on a little secret...Jesus said: Matthew 5 v 17 " Think not I am come to destroy the law (OT), or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to FULIL".

I will hang up and listen....

Solo your saying Galatians 5 v 1 we are to drink and drink to our hearts content Alcohol, because the OT is now over...so nothing but NT?
Let me let you in on a little secret...Jesus said: Matthew 5 v 17 " Think not I am come to destroy the law (OT), or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to FULIL".

I will hang up and listen....
When did I say "drink and drink" where did the scriptures say that? Let me remind you of a certain commandment: THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS" A believer filled with the Spirit of God, is more than able to drink a moderate amount of wine and rule themselves as to the amount etc... Yes Jesus "fulfilled" the law "every jot and tittle".. or none of it. So, not sure that you understand that scripture defeats legalism in absolute terms? Did Jesus fulfill the law? Did He leave some of it unfulfilled? That's impossible!

When did I say "drink and drink" where did the scriptures say that? Let me remind you of a certain commandment: THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS" A believer filled with the Spirit of God, is more than able to drink a moderate amount of wine and rule themselves as to the amount etc... Yes Jesus "fulfilled" the law "every jot and tittle".. or none of it. So, not sure that you understand that scripture defeats legalism in absolute terms? Did Jesus fulfill the law? Did He leave some of it unfulfilled? That's impossible!

Hey Bro...you are deceiving yourself if you believe Jesus wants his Holy Spirit filled
Children drinking Alcohol...you are following Man made beliefs pure and simple.

Hey Bro...you are deceiving yourself if you believe Jesus wants his Holy Spirit filled
So, we must suppose that the Last Supper, everyone present got a little " buzz"
and we then must agree when Jesus turned the Water into Wine at the wedding feast in Cana, He made Alcoholic Beverage? My God who is pure and Holy, and who would never lead any human into temptation...Made Alcohol Wine?? what delusion!

re-Read the Scriptures I posted...

Yes, God is a God of liberty and not bondage. Wine, drank in communion, is clearly Gods intended Will. All things are pure into the pure in heart, but those who are in bondage to legalism are always defiled, even by there own unbelieving hearts.

Ro 14:20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

So, we must suppose that the Last Supper, everyone present got a little " buzz"
and we then must agree when Jesus turned the Water into Wine at the wedding feast in Cana, He made Alcoholic Beverage? My God who is pure and Holy, and who would never lead any human into temptation...Made Alcohol Wine?? what delusion!

re-Read the Scriptures I posted...
You may "suppose" what you like. Of course Jesus made real wine and drank with sinners. That's who God is, if you do not know this Jesus, you have not met the Real Jesus.

Mt 11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

Whatever...
Pr 8:5 O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.
6 Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.
7 For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.

I was in a large main-stream type church years ago. The pastor had a PHD in theology, and he said that Baptism was: "An Outward Expression Of An Inward Work"
This was a very intellectual sounding explaination and sufficed for a time.
Since then I have met many professing Christians that agree with this explaination.
I have noticed quite a rub over the years between different groups. Even though most mainsteam groups believe that you don't have to be Baptized to be "saved", there is much arguing and disagreement about whether you should be sprinkled or submerged.
If in the Bible it says it doesn't really matter; then it does not. But, if in the Bible it says it does matter; then it does.
There are elements that are a part of our approach to God and are necessary for full Bible salvation.
I am talking about the Blood, the Water, and the Spirit.
Also the ONLY true and saving gospel of Jesus Christ is: The Death, the Burial, and the Ressurection of Jesus Christ. You REPENT of all of your sins there is a DEATH or dying out. Then you are BURIED in a watery grave ( In the NAME of Jesus Christ) for the remission of your sins. You then can receive the GIFT ( in-filling, or baptism) of the Holy Ghost.
If you've never been buried in water In the NAME of Jesus Christ, you need to. If you've been baptized in any other formula (In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost) you basically just got wet.
Baptism is not a work of man, but of God.

Titus 3:4- 3:7 says,

But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost; which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

It is not by our works that we are washed, because without God none of us would come to repentance. "The washing of regeneration...(is) shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour" (Titus 3:5-3:6).

Do you believe the thief on the cross was with Jesus when he died, as Jesus said in Luke 23:43 even though he wasn't water baptized or you don't believe what Jesus said?

But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost; which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

It is not by our works that we are washed, because without God none of us would come to repentance. "The washing of regeneration...(is) shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour" (Titus 3:5-3:6).

Do you believe the thief on the cross was with Jesus when he died, as Jesus said in Luke 23:43 even though he wasn't water baptized or you don't believe what Jesus said?
Some cannot accept that they cannot "earn" the grace of God... All who teach baptism as a work...teach other works to justify according to the "law of works". It basically always comes down to legalism, and failure to understand New Covenant obedience is ALWAYS faith working by love.

Ricko you know that Mitspa NEVER stated that, yet you keep repeating the same line time and again as if to make it true... why do that to another brethren when he is very clear in what he is stating and it is evident to all of us reading that Mitspa never is saying to what you allude... is this forum for you to use as a battle field for untruths or for discernment...

Yea, I explained about the thief on the cross. The reason he did not need Water Baptism, because he died in the OT. The NT Salvation started the moment Jesus died at Calvary not before. When the veil in the temple was ripped from Top to bottom in the Temple that was the start of NT.

John The Baptist Water Baptized people who had repented..but receiving the Holy Spirit never started until The NT in Acts 2.
If You read Acts 19: 1-5...you read where Apostle Paul Re-Baptized the disciples of John the Baptist because they need too..John' s Baptism would not work any longer..

Ricko you know that Mitspa NEVER stated that, yet you keep repeating the same line time and again as if to make it true... why do that to another brethren when he is very clear in what he is stating and it is evident to all of us reading that Mitspa never is saying to what you allude... is this forum for you to use as a battle field for untruths or for discernment...

Explain what I said?? I told him everything he and others need to do, and he still believes you can drink Alcohol in wine, rand Jesus did, etc etc. This is not about who is right and who got it wrong. It is about what saith the word of God or don'"-t believe it...Or....Prove I am not correct in what I am posting on here.

I enjoy being here, not here to argue, debate, or cause ILL feelings
.Love everyone..

Yea, I explained about the thief on the cross. The reason he did not need Water Baptism, because he died in the OT. The NT Salvation started the moment Jesus died at Calvary not before. When the veil in the temple was ripped from Top to bottom in the Temple that was the start of NT.

John The Baptist Water Baptized people who had repented..but receiving the Holy Spirit never started until The NT in Acts 2.
If You read Acts 19: 1-5...you read where Apostle Paul Re-Baptized the disciples of John the Baptist because they need too..John' s Baptism would not work any longer..

Acts 19:1-19:5 is speaking of baptism by the word or shall I say Word of God. Verse 5 says, "When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. The hearing of the Word is what washed them, giving them understanding so that they believed in the name of the Lord Jesus (who in Him is the repentance of sins for there can be no true repentance without His Spirit and work). They by the washing of the Word died to their own selves being born and resurrected in Jesus. It does not say they went down to the ocean or whatever place there was water. Only that they heard and were baptized. It next speaks of Paul laying his hands on them. It speaks of this act, but not of an act of Paul immersing them in a pool of water.

The bible does not state whether the thief died before or after Jesus. We do know that the thief knew Jesus was without sin and that he could save him however, and because Jesus said he would be with him, we know that the thief believed on Jesus.

Explain what I said?? I told him everything he and others need to do, and he still believes you can drink Alcohol in wine, rand Jesus did, etc etc. This is not about who is right and who got it wrong. It is about what saith the word of God or don'"-t believe it...Or....Prove I am not correct in what I am posting on here.

I enjoy being here, not here to argue, debate, or cause ILL feelings
.Love everyone..

i don't mean to get you upset, i do understand why you are against drinking and it is from personal reasons. But, our Lord Jesus did turn water into wine and did not ever stop anyone from drinking, not to get drunk but in the pleasure of the company and food... and He did use wine at the last supper to give us the sacrament of His body and blood. Don't forget that Christ said it is not what goes in the body that makes us sinners but what comes out of our mouths which is from the heart...

In my country we allow kids to drink and the kids do not become alcoholic, but we also instill always in them that they can drink as long as they are responsible and not become a shame to family and community. Not many alcoholics in Italy today and even less in the past. The last supper of our Lord tells us that our Lord did drink wine and did use wine so that we would emulate, do it in His memory, His sacrifice and love for us all...

Acts 19:1-19:5 is speaking of baptism by the word or shall I say Word of God. Verse 5 says, "When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. The hearing of the Word is what washed them, giving them understanding so that they believed in the name of the Lord Jesus (who in Him is the repentance of sins for there can be no true repentance without His Spirit and work). They by the washing of the Word died to their own selves being born and resurrected in Jesus. It does not say they went down to the ocean or whatever place there was water. Only that they heard and were baptized. It next speaks of Paul laying his hands on them. It speaks of this act, but not of an act of Paul immersing them in a pool of water.

The bible does not state whether the thief died before or after Jesus. We do know that the thief knew Jesus was without sin and that he could save him however, and because Jesus said he would be with him, we know that the thief believed on Jesus.

Question...In Acts 8;36-38 Did Philip Water Baptize The Ethiopian After he told Philip he " Beleived" ?....YES....Did Jesus command John The Baptist to Water Baptize him?
" Yes".

Was Cornelius in Acts 10 and his house Water Baptized by Apostle Peter after he COMMANDED them all to do so? " YES"

Peter never told Cornelius and his family to " Accept the Lord as your personal savior, and you are all saved" nor did Cornelius argue or debate Peter when he COMMANDED them to get Water Baptized.
He obeyed no ifs, ands, or buts

Do ask yourself this...If people In the NT in scriptures never argued or debated this important part of salvation, and God' s word is forever....Why do people want to argue and debate what it plainly tells all of us to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back