Why We Are Losing

I didn't say anything about Christians being for or against war.
I'm not trying to be hateful by saying this, but your reading comprehension isn't very high, is it? I said "most" secularists. Read it again.

Actually Christians are to be at war at all times, just not the carnal kind.

I don't think this is the end-all-be-all answer -- in fact, I'd say it's only one part (or one of many perhaps). But one thing I think that has really broken apart Christian teaching is political correctness. Because of it, many people aren't comfortable standing up for Christian truth because it might offend or hurt someone's feelings.

So many thanks have been put on the back-burner; abortion, homosexuality, birth control, co-habitation, divorce, and most importantly, religion itself.

Because of it, we've become so preoccupied with being "nice" rather than being obedient.

It's just a thought.

As a sinful human no but that does not mean that I don't aspire to be the ultimate perfect pacifist as our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was.

Really?

Mike, I suggest that you do a little more study my brother.
While Jesus is the “prince of peace” (Isaiah 9:6), He was not, and is not, a pacifist.

Revelation 19:15, speaking of Jesus, declares, "Out of His mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron scepter. He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty."

Ecclesiastes 3:1, 3, & 8 say, “There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heaven…a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build…a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.”

Daniel 9:26 says that “war will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed.”

Matthew 24:6-8 says, “You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains.”

Remember that it was Jesus who made a whip and overturned the tables and ran the people out of the Temple.

I don't think this is the end-all-be-all answer -- in fact, I'd say it's only one part (or one of many perhaps). But one thing I think that has really broken apart Christian teaching is political correctness. Because of it, many people aren't comfortable standing up for Christian truth because it might offend or hurt someone's feelings.

So many thanks have been put on the back-burner; abortion, homosexuality, birth control, co-habitation, divorce, and most importantly, religion itself.

Because of it, we've become so preoccupied with being "nice" rather than being obedient.

It's just a thought.

Amen!

Churches all over this land are more preoccupied with makeing sure their congregations are happy that the Word of God has been ignored.

Preachers have stopped preaching on sin and repentance!

Homosexuality is now called GAY because of political correctness!

Killing babies is now call a "woman choice".

Living in sin is now called a ROOM MATE.

A drunk is now called Social INdulgence.

Amen to God is love! God is good! God told us to 'turn the left cheek' in the NT. In the old, He wanted us to love our neighbor as ourselves Lev 19:18. So we have the same God OT and NT, correct?

So, HOW do you explain these verses to the unsaved?

OT:
1. Gen 6:11-17, Gen 7:11-24 God is unhappy with the wickedness of man and decides to do something about it. He kills every living thing on the face of the earth other than Noah's family and thereby makes himself the greatest mass murderer in history.
2. Gen 19:26 God personally sees to it that Lot's wife is turned to a pillar of salt (for having looked behind her while fleeing the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah).
3. Exo 9:22-25 A plague of hail from the Lord strikes down everything in the fields of Egypt both man and beast except in Goshen where the Israelites reside
4. Exo 12:29 The Lord kills all the first-born in the land of Egypt.
5. Exo 17:13 With the Lord's approval, Joshua mows down Amalek and his people.
6. Exo 32:27-29 With the Lord's approval, the Israelites slay 3000 men.
7. Num 16:49 A plague from the Lord kills 14,700 people.
8. Num 21:3 The Israelites utterly destroy the Canaanites.
9. Num 25:9 24,000 people die in a plague from the Lord.
10. Deut 7:2 The Lord commands the Israelites to "utterly destroy" and shown "no mercy" to those whom he gives them for defeat.

NT:
1. Matt 10:35-36 For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law a man's enemies will be the members of his own family.
2. Matt 11:21-24 Jesus curses [the inhabitants of] three cities who were not sufficiently impressed with his great works.
3. Matt 3:42 Some will spend eternity burning in Hell. There will be weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth.

God loves the sinner, but He hates SIN!

As a sinful human no but that does not mean that I don't aspire to be the ultimate perfect pacifist as our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was.

Again......Jesus was not a pacifist!!!!!

Mike......who do you think that it was that lead Gideion, and Moses and Joshua into battle after battle.

Who do you think it was that let go of the waters of the Red Sea killing all of the Pharoes army?

Who do you think it was that made sure the rock that David threw at Goliah hit the right spot.

Who do you think the MAN was that came to Joshua with His sword drawn before the battle of Jereicho?

Who do you think is riding on the white horse of Rev. 19 who comes to make war and put an end to sin?

Study Mike, study my brother so that you can rightly divide the Word of God.

Last edited:
First time I encounter a person who says he is Christian and yet seems does not believe in or seems to cannot comprehend why the Jews celebrate "The Passover" (Exodus Chapter 12)

Every time someone calls Jesus as absolute pacifist, the first thing that comes to mind is Jesus driving out people from the temple.. But for me, the names Jesus used to call Pharisees come to mind.. Some one has made a nice little collection

1. Ye blind guides (Matt. 23:16).
2. Ye fools (Matt. 23:17).
3. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees…for ye are like whited supulchres…full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness (Matt. 23:27).
4. Ye serpents (Matt. 23:33).
5. Ye generation of vipers (Matt. 23:33).
6. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! (Luke 11:44).
7. Ye are as graves which appear not (Luke 11:44).

Imagine pharisees coming up to Jesus and trying to act polite and asking a trick question.. Jesus responds by calling them "hypocrites".

It's just a thought.

This has been going on way before the PC of the 1950s.

Paul was the first to challenge The King on divorce. Placing his personal opinion into his letters and thereby causing an exploit that many still use today.

Remember that it was Jesus who made a whip and overturned the tables and ran the people out of the Temple.

But never once struck them.

That was not his job at the time. But while we are HERE, we are charged by The King to fight only wars of the spirit, not the flesh.

Wars of the flesh are symbols of still drinking old wine.

Churches all over this land are more preoccupied with makeing sure their congregations are happy that the Word of God has been ignored.
Depends on the church.

Preachers have stopped preaching on sin and repentance!
Depends on the church.

Homosexuality is now called GAY because of political correctness!
No it was called sodomy. Until people couldn't understand what that word was due to improper use of it.

Killing babies is now call a "woman choice".
Infanticide has been carried out by almost every culture whether in the womb or out of it.

Nothing new here.

Every time someone calls Jesus as absolute pacifist, the first thing that comes to mind is Jesus driving out people from the temple.. But for me, the names Jesus used to call Pharisees come to mind.. Some one has made a nice little collection

And not a single person harmed that day physically.

Wasn't time yet for him to get into a brawl.

And not a single person harmed that day physically.

Wasn't time yet for him to get into a brawl.
They could have had bruises. The Bible isn't very detailed about what Jesus did. Maybe He knocked them out with a punch to the jaw and drug them out. We don't know.

Back